Advertisements


We are sorry, the requested page does not exist




Palace asks public: Abide by safety rules in cemeteries, avoid banned items - Inquirer.net

Palace asks public: Abide by safety rules in cemeteries, avoid banned items - Inquirer.net.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsOct 31st, 2016

Macri suffers crushing defeat in key Argentina primaries

BUENOS AIRES, Argentina – President Mauricio Macri suffered a crushing defeat as Argentines voted in party primaries on Sunday ahead of October's general election. Given that all of the recession-hit South American country's major parties have already chosen their presidential candidates, the primaries effectively served as a nationwide pre-election opinion poll. Center-left nominee ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsAug 12th, 2019

Duterte rules out martial law in Negros for now, Palace says

The 1987 Constitution provides that the president, “in case of invasion or rebellion, when public safety requires it,” may suspend the privilege of the writ of habeas corpus or place the Philippines or any part of it under martial law......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 6th, 2019

No truth to the allegation of corruption -- Ramirez on SEA Games

Philippine Sports Commission chairman Butch Ramirez on Friday denied the allegations that the country’s preparation for the hosting of the 30th Southeast Asian Games has been tainted by corruption. “There is no truth to the allegation of corruption,” said Ramirez in a statement. “Yesterday, Cong. Alan Peter Cayetano, and myself sat down with Sen. Bong Go and Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea to sort out issues being reported by news outfits in the past days.” Reports earlier this week surfaced that President Rodrigo Duterte is taking the embattled Philippine Southeast Asian Games Organizing Committee (Phisgoc) Foundation, Inc., a private body that aimed to organize the 30th SEA Games, out of commission and will be subjected to investigation due to alleged corruption and other irregularities. Ramirez cleared that all transactions made regarding the buildup for the biennial meet are met with ‘utmost transparency’. “We assure the athletes and the general public that all decisions and transactions will be done with utmost transparency,” he said. “The PSC, through the guidance of the Department of Budget Management and assistance of the Procurement Service shall work together to ensure that public funds are protected and that all disbursements or expenses follow existing government rules and laws.” A unity meeting to form a cohesive team for the country’s final push in the preparations of regional meet has been set. Ramirez, the chef de mission of Team Philippines, said all national sports associations that will participate in the coming Games and their athletes are invited during the gathering scheduled July 24 at the Malacanang Palace. The top brass of the Phisgoc and the PSC are also enjoined to attend the meeting to pledge their cooperation and all-out support to the entire organization of hosting the 11-nation sportsfest. “If we want to win as one, we should embrace a united front,” said Ramirez after attending the meeting with Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea, Senator Bong Go, Taguig City Congressman Alan Peter Cayetano and Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo on Thursday in Malacanang. “One team, one goal. The country should come together and be united in supporting this government effort,” added Ramirez, who led Team Philippines to its first overall title in SEA Games during the 2005 Manila hosting. Each national sports association has been tasked to bring along five athletes during the 10:00 a.m. Malacanang assembly. A total of 57 sports will be played during the Nov. 30-Dec. 11 Games to be held in three main clusters—Metro Manila, New Clark City and Subic. Ramirez has expressed high hopes that the meeting will encourage officials of the Phisgoc, POC and the PSC to move in one direction with four months to go before the biggest multi-sports event in the Asean region unfolds. Medialdea, Go and Cayetano, who also sits as chairman of Phisgoc, are expected to attend the gathering where at least 300 sports officials and athletes will be present......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJul 19th, 2019

Comelec warns against appointing defeated poll candidates to gov’t offices

CEBU CITY, Philippines — The Commission on Elections (Comelec) has warned government officials against the appointment of defeated candidates in the May 2019 polls. Lawyer Ferdinand Gujilde, election officer for Cebu province, said officials should observe the one-year ban on the appointment of officials following provisions set by the 1987 Constitution. Under Section 6 of […] The post Comelec warns against appointing defeated poll candidates to gov’t offices appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 4th, 2019

Election cycle: New Leaders in an old system

Our country has witnessed countless national and local elections. Our people have elected many brilliant candidates. A lot of them had the best interests of the nation in mind when they started......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsJul 1st, 2019

Mauritania ruling party s Ghazouani declared presidential vote winner

NOUAKCHOTT, Mauritania – Mauritania's ruling party candidate Mohamed Ould Ghazouani has won the presidential election with 52% of the vote, the electoral commission announced Sunday, June 23, with opposition candidates crying foul. Ghazouani obtained 52.01% of votes cast in Saturday's presidential poll, easily beating main opposition opponents Biram Ould Dah ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJun 24th, 2019

Osmeña spends 900K more than Labella in recent polls

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Cebu City Outgoing Mayor Tomas Osmeña spent more than P1.8 million during the election campaign from March to May 2019, which is at least P900,ooo more than his opponent, incoming Mayor Edgardo Labella as revealed in their Statements of Contributions and Expenditures (SOCE). Both mayoral candidates filed their SOCEs on June […] The post Osmeña spends 900K more than Labella in recent polls appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 13th, 2019

File SOCE on time, 2019 election bets told

The Commission on Elections on Tuesday reminded all the candidates of the 2019 local and national elections to file their Statements of Contributions and Expenditures on time......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 28th, 2019

Provincial Comelec Office awaits statements of contributions and expenditures of May 2019 election candidates

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Two weeks after the midterm polls, the provincial office of the Commission on Elections (Comelec) still awaits the submission of  the Statement of Contributions and Expenditures (SOCE) of political candidates who ran during the May 13, 2019 elections. Acting Cebu Provincial Election Supervisor (PES) Jerome Brillantes said all candidates, whether they […] The post Provincial Comelec Office awaits statements of contributions and expenditures of May 2019 election candidates appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 27th, 2019

Election winners must submit campaign expense reports or they can’t assume office — Comelec

AFTER the proclamation of all the winners in the 2019 National and Local Elections (NLE), the Commission on Elections (Comelec) is calling on all winning candidates and parties to submit their campaign expenses otherwise they will not be able to assume office......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsMay 24th, 2019

Palace commends Pangilinan for ‘accepting defeat’

MALACANANG on Tuesday commended Sen. Francis “Kiko” Pangilinan for resigning as president of the Liberal Party (LP) following the loss of all eight opposition senatorial candidates in the last midterm…READ The post Palace commends Pangilinan for ‘accepting defeat’ appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsMay 21st, 2019

Win or lose, candidates should submit Soce on or before June 12

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Win or lose, candidates in the May 13 midterm elections will need to submit a record of their campaign expenditures. Cebu Acting Provincial Election Supervisor Jerome Brillantes reminded candidates on Monday, May 20, that they would have until June 12 to submit their  Statement of Contribution and Expenditures (Soce) before their […] The post Win or lose, candidates should submit Soce on or before June 12 appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 20th, 2019

Comment on Are you one of us? by atty. perla garganera-gauzon

I do not buy the rationale that our choice was not based on who was the best but we chose ourselves. if this were so, then why do we still have to teach our youth of voting age how to vote and whom to vote among the many candidates? it is about time that we seriously take elections as our INDEPENDENT AND FREE CHOICE rather than on others reasons like allowing to buy our vote among other reasons!! where is the independent and free choice if the vote has already been bought?! remember what Rizal wisely observed? there can be no masters where there are no slaves. aptly put, if voters succumb to money as their "master" naturally, they no longer are free but become "slaves." our national hero, Jose rizal uttered these words way back in the 19th century. imagine, two centuries had passed, yet, we filipinos still abide to this false way of voting. what good is the constitutional mandate of "sovereignty resides in the people and all government authority emanates from them" if we, the people simply throw away our power to elect qualified candidates to elective positions? I, personally, think that, the department of education should revise its curriculum to include voters education as part of its civics curriculum from grade 10 through grade 12! armed with such knowledge, these students' minds would start absorbing the value of their vote, thus motivating them to vote and to elect candidates who are honest and their integrity intact. the Philippines cannot continue to proudly proclaim to the world that she is an independent, free and democratic country when she can't even have a free and honest elections!!.....»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsMay 19th, 2019

PPCRV to continue validating election returns even after Comelec proclaims winners

THE Parish Pastoral Council for Responsible Voting (PPCRV) will continue to validate election returns, even after the Commission on Elections (Comelec) proclaims the winning candidates in the midterm elections, Executive Director…READ The post PPCRV to continue validating election returns even after Comelec proclaims winners appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsMay 19th, 2019

PPCRV to continue election return validation even after proclamation

The Parish Pastoral Council for Responsible Voting will continue validating election returns even after the proclamation of winning candidates in the midterm elections. However, PPCRV national chairperson Myla Villanueva said the digitally transmitted election returns will stop coming in once the proclamation begins. “We don’t have to be 100 percent. That count (electronic transmission) is […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tempoRelated NewsMay 18th, 2019

Senate winners may be proclaimed tomorrow

Winning senatorial candidates and party-list representatives may be proclaimed simultaneously tomorrow, with poll officials reportedly already sending out informal invitations to the event to sure election victors......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 17th, 2019

Senate winners may be proclaimed tomorrow

Winning senatorial candidates and party-list representatives may be proclaimed simultaneously tomorrow, with poll officials reportedly already sending out informal invitations to the event to sure election victors......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 17th, 2019

Escolin wins by landslide in Pres. Roxas town

ROXAS CITY, Capiz – The Nationalist People’s Coalition (NPC) slate in Pres. Roxas, Capiz under reelectionist Mayor Receliste “Tanoy” L. Escolin scored a landslide victory during the May 13, 2019 midterm elections. According to Escolin, issues hurled against his administration and the rest of the NPC local candidates did not hamper their reelection and election […] The post Escolin wins by landslide in Pres. Roxas town appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsMay 17th, 2019

CBCP: We did not make call to suspend proclamation

The Catholic Bishop’s Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) on Friday said it did not initiate the call for the Commission on Election (Comelec) to suspend the proclamation of winning candidates at the national level......»»

Category: newsSource:  davaotodayRelated NewsMay 17th, 2019