Advertisements


Penro: Quarry Suspension to Last Until Firms Can Prove Their Operations Are Safe

Cebu Provincial Environment and Natural Resources Office (Penro) head Jason Lozano said the suspension order for quarry operations issued by Gov. Hilario P. Davide III late last week will run until such time the mountain quarry companies can prove that their operations are safe in order to avoid a similar incident that happened Barangay Tinaan, […].....»»

Source: Metrocebu MetrocebuCategory: News4 hr. 41 min. ago Related News

Book Imports, Purchases to Remain Tax-Exempt: DOF

The Department of Finance (DOF) has assured the public on Tuesday that the purchase and importation of books will remain tax exempt under the second tax reform package of the Duterte administration. Finance Undersecretary Karl Kendrick Chua, in a recent news forum, said the value-added tax (VAT) exemption of books will remain as provided under […].....»»

Source: Metrocebu MetrocebuCategory: News4 hr. 41 min. ago Related News

Trillanes Returns to Senate After Posting Bail

Senator Antonio Trillanes IV on Tuesday returned to the Senate after posting a PHP200,000 bail in connection with the arrest warrant earlier issued by a Makati court over his participation in the 2007 Manila Peninsula siege. In an interview, Trillanes said he is not yet ready to go home “unless this issue has been formally […].....»»

Source: Metrocebu MetrocebuCategory: News4 hr. 41 min. ago Related News

Senator Grace Poe Gives Relief Goods to Typhoon-Affected Residents of Cagayan, Isabela

Senator Grace Poe personally handed relief goods to typhoon-affected residents in Cagayan and Isabela provinces on Friday, September 21. Poe went first to Tuguegarao City in Cagayan and Cauayan City in Isabela to deliver relief packs to the victims of Typhoon Ompong in the region which benefitted at least 2, 400 residents. “Naghihigpitan ng sinturon […].....»»

Source: Metrocebu MetrocebuCategory: News4 hr. 41 min. ago Related News

4 Former Rebels in Isabela Receive 1 Hecrate. Lot Each from DAR

Four of the six former rebels from Isabela who surrendered to the government were awarded one-hectare lot each from the Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR) as recommended by the local integration program board. The handing of Certificate of Land Allocation was led by agrarian Secretary John Castriciones when he visited the province last week. Castriciones […].....»»

Source: Metrocebu MetrocebuCategory: News4 hr. 41 min. ago Related News

2nd Kusina Sa Pag-Amuma Central Kitchen Launched in Samboan

At least 1,400 kids in the southern town of Samboan, Cebu are expected to benefit from the supplemental feeding program of the Cebu Provincial Government, which launched the Kusina sa Kahimsug ug Pag-Amuma (KKP) Central Kitchen over the weekend. In partnership with Gawad Kalinga (GK), Department of Education (DepEd), Department of Social Welfare and Development […].....»»

Source: Metrocebu MetrocebuCategory: News4 hr. 41 min. ago Related News

Various Livelihood Program Extended to 4P’s Beneficiaries

Beneficiaries of the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) in Negros Oriental availed of various livelihood projects from different government line agencies and even the private sector. In a recent provincial convergence committee meeting with partner agencies, 4Ps Provincial Link (PL) Bella Asela Tse of the Department of Social Welfare and Development -7(DSWD) informed everyone present […].....»»

Source: Metrocebu MetrocebuCategory: News4 hr. 41 min. ago Related News

Malacañang Clears Robredo in Alleged Ouster Plot Vs. PRRD

Malacañang on Tuesday cleared Vice President Leonor “Leni” Robredo from the military’s claim that members of the opposition are brewing a plot to remove President Rodrigo R. Duterte from his office. “As far as VP Leni is concerned, that’s a fair statement, because as far I know, she was not amongst those specifically named to […].....»»

Source: Metrocebu MetrocebuCategory: News4 hr. 41 min. ago Related News

NHA, Mandaue City to Offer Low-Cost Housing for Informal Settlers

Selected informal settlers in Mandaue City can avail of housing units for as low as P600 to P1,000 a month under the low-rise joint housing project between National Housing Authority (NHA) and the Mandaue City government. This was the good news presented by NHA General Manager Marcelino Escalada Jr., to President Rodrigo Roa Duterte during […].....»»

Source: Metrocebu MetrocebuCategory: News4 hr. 41 min. ago Related News

COSAP Conducted Surprise Drug Tests

Cebu City Office for Substance Abuse Prevention (COSAP) conducted a surprise drug test on unsuspecting barangay tanods in the midst of a meeting about the releasing of their honorariums yesterday, September 25, 2018. COSAP Head Gary Lao said in an interview that tanods that will have a positive result in the surprise drug test will be […].....»»

Source: Metrocebu MetrocebuCategory: News4 hr. 41 min. ago Related News

September 25, 2018 Visayas Weather Forecast

REGIONAL WEATHER FORECAST (Forecast Areas: Visayas, Palawan, Occidental Mindoro) Issued at: 6:00 AM, 25 September 2018 Valid Beginning: 6:00 AM today until 6:00 AM tomorrow SYNOPSIS: At 3:00 AM today, the eye of TYPHOON “PAENG” was located based on all available data at 740 km East of Basco, Batanes (19.6°N, 129.0°E) with maximum sustained winds […].....»»

Source: Metrocebu MetrocebuCategory: NewsSep 25th, 2018Related News

Cebu Province Cyclists, Karatekas Shine Anew

Cebu Province cycling and karatedo teams continued to wax hot the cold terrain of Baguio City with two athletes of each squad winning their second gold medal in the Batang Pinoy National Championships on Wednesday. Nicole Marie del Rosario and Jeanna Mariel Cañete blazed the track again in the cycling event, topping the road race […].....»»

Source: Metrocebu MetrocebuCategory: NewsSep 25th, 2018Related News

State of Calamity Declared in Mountain Province

Members of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan here passed Resolution No. 2018 – 405 declaring Mountain Province under state of calamity considering the devastation caused by Typhoon Ompong to lives and limbs, agricultural lands, crops, infrastructure and other properties in the province, The declaration was based on Resolution No. 2018 – 09 of the Provincial Disaster Risk […].....»»

Source: Metrocebu MetrocebuCategory: NewsSep 25th, 2018Related News

Security in MisOr Heightened

Government authorities have heightened security measures in the province of Misamis Oriental following a series of bombings in parts of Mindanao. Governor Yevgeny Vincente B. Emano noted during a Provincial Peace and Order Council (PPOC) of Misamis Oriental meeting held September 17 that the police-to-population ratio is inadequate. He said police-to-population in the province is […].....»»

Source: Metrocebu MetrocebuCategory: NewsSep 25th, 2018Related News

There is No Rice Shortage, Distribution Is the Problem, NFA Says

The National Food Authority (NFA) has enough rice to last for 100 days said Diocano “Jun” Alojado, the agency’s assistant regional director, as more imported rice are coming in. “There is no rice shortage. The problem is in the distribution,” Alojado said, as he asked the help of Cebu Gov.Hilario P Davide in asking for […].....»»

Source: Metrocebu MetrocebuCategory: NewsSep 25th, 2018Related News

Former Dipolog Mayor Recognized ‘Most Influential Filipina’

Former Dipolog City Mayor Evelyn Uy was recognized as among the “100 Most Influential Filipina Women in the World” by the Filipina Women’s Network (FWN). Uy received an award under the Founders and Pioneers category during the Gala Awards Ceremony of the 15th Filipina Leadership Global Summit held recently at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel, London, […].....»»

Source: Metrocebu MetrocebuCategory: NewsSep 25th, 2018Related News

Ouster Plots Work of CPP-NPA: Lorenzana

The “Red October” ouster plot, bared by the military over the weekend, is the confirmed handiwork of the Communist Party of the Philippines-New People’s Army (CPP-NPA), Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana said Monday. “We take it seriously. Remember that this was uncovered last February 2017 in an encounter between our troops in Bukidnon. It was hatched […].....»»

Source: Metrocebu MetrocebuCategory: NewsSep 25th, 2018Related News

160 Youth Volunteers Come to Aid Landslide Victims

Multiple organizations came and gave donations to the evacuees of the Naga Landslide on Sunday, September 23, 2018. One of the organizations that gave relief goods were youth volunteers from Student Alliance for a Christian and Real Education under Democracy (SACRED). Over 160 youth volunteers helped packed and distributed relief goods to evacuees of Naalad […].....»»

Source: Metrocebu MetrocebuCategory: NewsSep 25th, 2018Related News

DOLE-8 on Track on Ending ‘Endo’

The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) is on track on its drive to regularize more workers in Eastern Visayas this year, a regional official said Tuesday. Of the 9,000 contractual employees targeted for regularization, at least 6,492 has been regularized as of mid-September, representing 72 percent of their target, according to DOLE Regional Director […].....»»

Source: Metrocebu MetrocebuCategory: NewsSep 25th, 2018Related News

Warrant of Arrest Served to Trillanes

Makati Regional Trial Court Branch 150 (RTC) served the warrant of arrest to Senator Antonio Trillanes IV after President Rodrigo Duterte voided his amnesty Tuesday, September 25, 2018. Weeks after Duterte voided the amnesty given to Trillanes on 2011, Makati RTC Branch 150 served the warrant to the Senator today. Judge Elmo Alameda made a […].....»»

Source: Metrocebu MetrocebuCategory: NewsSep 25th, 2018Related News