Advertisements


Megawide-SSS group to bid for NAIA rehabilitation

By Arra B. Francia, Reporter DIVERSIFIED engineering conglomerate Megawide Construction Corp. and Social Security System are planning to submit to the government an unsolicited proposal for the rehabilitation of Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA). SSS Chairman Amado D. Valdez on Friday said the state-run pension fund is looking to pursue more projects with Megawide after […] The post Megawide-SSS group to bid for NAIA rehabilitation appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: newsSource: bworldonline bworldonlineJan 13th, 2018

Megawide-SSS group to bid for NAIA rehabilitation

By Arra B. Francia, Reporter DIVERSIFIED engineering conglomerate Megawide Construction Corp. and Social Security System are planning to submit to the government an unsolicited proposal for the rehabilitation of Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA). SSS Chairman Amado D. Valdez on Friday said the state-run pension fund is looking to pursue more projects with Megawide after […] The post Megawide-SSS group to bid for NAIA rehabilitation appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsJan 13th, 2018

NAIA rehabilitation by Megawide-GMR

NAIA… Clark… Bulacan… Sangley… Twenty months into the Duterte administration and government has yet to decide where the country’s principal gateway will be. The clock is ticking with NAIA — Ninoy Aquino International Airport — imploding under its own weight. Last year, NAIA processed 42 million passengers, 11 million more than its true capacity. The […] The post NAIA rehabilitation by Megawide-GMR appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsMar 18th, 2018

DOTr to review GMR-Megawide’s proposal on NAIA rehab

The Department of Transportation (DOTr) will review the unsolicited proposal of Megawide Corp. and its partner India-based GMR Infrastructure Ltd. on the rehabilitation and expansion of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA)......»»

Category: newsSource:  interaksyonRelated NewsMar 2nd, 2018

NAIA rehab, upgrade bid heats up

THE GROUP behind the ongoing upgrade of the Mactan-Cebu International Airport will go head-to-head against a consortium made up of some of the country’s biggest conglomerates in the bid to rehabilitate and upgrade Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA), the country’s premier gateway. Megawide Construction Corp. and India-based GMR Infrastructure Ltd. said in a joint press […] The post NAIA rehab, upgrade bid heats up appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsMar 1st, 2018

‘Super consortium’ eyes Naia upgrade

Seven of the country’s biggest companies are banding together to bid for the rehabilitation of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA). An unsolicited proposal will be submitted to the government by Ayala-led AC Infrastructure Holdings, Inc., Aboitiz Infra Capital, Inc., Andrew Tan’s Alliance Global Group, Inc., the Gotianun’s Filinvest Development Corp., Gokongwei-owned JG Summit Holdings, [...] The post ‘Super consortium’ eyes Naia upgrade appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimesRelated NewsDec 21st, 2017

Swiss challenge for Marawi rehab may start next week

THE Swiss challenge for proposals on the rehabilitation of Marawi City will start on Tuesday should negotiations with a consortium be successful, the concerned government inter-agency task force group announced on Friday. The post Swiss challenge for Marawi rehab may start next week appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsJun 10th, 2018

Swiss challenge period for Marawi rehab proposals to start June 12

The government inter-agency task force group for the rehabilitation of Marawi City announced on Friday, June 8, a new schedule for the Swiss challenge period for proposals. Eduardo D. del Rosario, chairperson of the Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council (HUDCC) and Task Force Bangon Marawi (TFBM), said in a press briefing at the Palace… link: Swiss challenge period for Marawi rehab proposals to start June 12.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsJun 9th, 2018

Swiss challenge period for Marawi rehab proposals to start June 12

The government inter-agency task force group for the rehabilitation of Marawi City announced on Friday, June 8, a new schedule for the Swiss challenge period for proposals. Eduardo D. del Rosario, chairperson of the Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council (HUDCC) and Task Force Bangon Marawi (TFBM), said in a press briefing at the Palace […] The post Swiss challenge period for Marawi rehab proposals to start June 12 appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsJun 8th, 2018

Palace: Phl not taking soft stance on China

The Palace denied it is going soft on China amid reports of a resumption of build-up over disputed portions of the South China Sea (SCS) that foreign ministers of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) have criticized. Presidential spokesman Harry Roque said the Philippines shares Asean leaders’ concern regarding China’s aggressive actions on what is said to be the world’s busiest waterways.The recently concluded Asean foreign and defense ministers in Singapore issued a statement that did not name China but said that “land reclamations and activities in the area . . . have eroded trust and confidence, increased tensions and may undermine peace, security and stability in the region.” The Asean ministers resolved to expedite the code of conduct (CoC) on how to negotiate with China regarding overlapping maritime claims.“Asean’s concern on the Chinese build-up is right because Asean, as a regional bloc, wants to adhere to discussions pertaining to the code of conduct,” Roque said.“We cannot be not joining the call because the Philippines is one of those concerned in this campaign,” he added.Roque also disputed views that Manila is not among those insistent in pressing Beijing to speed up the CoC drafting. “We are not being too soft (on China) but we have an established policy on that. Number one, of course, is we are one with Asean in recognizing that this is a concern for all Asean countries. Particularly that of the freedom of navigation in the West Philippine Sea,” Roque said.“Our common concern is peace security and stability in one of the world’s busiest sea lanes,” he added.During Manila’s hosting of the Asean last year, President Duterte did not cite the Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA) ruling that nullified Beijing’s sweeping claim over nearly the entire South China Sea.It was the Philippine government that contested China’s nine-dash-line claim before the Hague court. China, however, refuses to recognize it.Apart from the Philippines, other Asean countries also have overlapping claims at the South China Sea including Vietnam, Malaysia and Brunei.Reclamation to continueChina in its known mouthpiece Global Times said Beijing is concentrating on civil and not military construction on islands in the South China Sea but insisted that the Chinese “will expand land reclamation.”“Most of the construction on islands in the South China Sea were completed in 2015 and the pace then slowed. Civilian facility construction is the major focus of the South China Sea islands building and the portion of defense deployment is relatively small,” Global Times quoted Chen Xiangmiao, a research fellow at the National Institute for the South China Sea.The size of some South China Sea islands will be further expanded in future through more dredging in the South China Sea region, Chen said.The relationship between China and other Southeast Asian countries, such as the Philippines, has becalmed in recent years, providing a golden opportunity for China to upgrade these areas, he said.China and the Philippines are enjoying good terms as President Rodrigo Duterte maintains a friendly policy toward China, Chen said. “But there is still some domestic pressure that urges Duterte to take a tough stance on China and the South China Sea issue,” Chen said.Foreign media like to hype China’s construction in the South China Sea as they try to make excuses to prevent China’s activities in this region, Zhuang Guotu, head of Xiamen University’s Southeast Asian Studies Center, told the Global Times.“China has the right to build whatever it needs within its territory,” Zhuang said.China’s military deployment in the South China Sea region was “not for military expansion,” but to defend its security and interests, he said.Zhuang and Chen warned the US is the biggest threat to stability in the South China Sea.“The US, Australia, Japan and other allies will constantly provoke China over this issue and that will incite other neighboring South China Sea countries to do the same,” Zhuang said.China’s construction projects in the region covered about 290,000 square meters in 2017, including new facilities for underground storage, administrative buildings and large radar, according to a report released in December on the nanhai.haiwainet.cn website run by the National Marine Data and Information Service and People’s Daily Overseas edition. No foreign vessels at BenhamThe Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) has not monitored any foreign vessels at the Philippine Rise, formerly known as Benham Rise, during its latest patrol in the area. Lt. Col. Isagani Nato, AFP-Northern Luzon Command (Nolcom) spokesman, said that based on the latest patrol conducted by Nolcom troops, there was no presence of foreign ships at Philippine Rise.“As of now, we don’t have a report that there is presence (of foreign vessels) in Benham Rise,” said Nato.Earlier, Agriculture Secretary Emmanuel Piñol announced that President Duterte has banned foreign ships at the Philippine Rise and ordered the military to patrol the area.The announcement came following an uproar from government critics after the Duterte administration allowed the Chinese to conduct scientific research at the Philippine Rise.Nato, however, said that Nolcom is yet to receive official order regarding the matter.But Nato maintained that with or without the latest directive, Nolcom has regularly conducted air and maritime patrols along Philippine Rise.Apart from Nolcom, the Air Force and the Philippine Navy, Nato said that the Philippine Coast Guard, the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) and the Philippine National Police-Maritime Group (PNP-MG) also conduct their own patrol in the area.He said the Nolcom uses air and naval assets of the Navy and the Air Force units under its jurisdiction.“We conduct our patrols regularly. It is a mandate of Nolcom forces so that is continuous with or without the directive from higher ups,” said Nato.According to Nato, Nolcom conducts three to four maritime and air patrol at Philippine Rise per month as part of the government efforts to secure the country’s maritime domain.ML ruling lauded, hitThe Supreme Court’s (SC) decision to uphold Mr. Duterte’s year-long martial law extension in Mindanao also drew mixed reactions.The High Court on Tuesday voted 10-5 junking militant groups’ petition and finding “sufficient factual basis” to extend martial law and suspend the privilege of wirt of habeas corpus in Mindanao until December 31, 2018.Roque welcomed the ruling saying that it affirms the need to continue protecting citizens from the threat of terrorist groups, primarily Islamic State (IS)-inspired fanatics.But for Left-leaning groups who petitioned the SC to lift martial law, the court decision opens up more crackdowns and human rights violations.The Palace official has insisted that human rights will be respected amid security operations.“The SC ruling underscores the unity of the whole government in its bid to defeat terrorism and prevent the spread in other parts of the country of DIWW and other like-minded local and foreign terrorist groups,” Roque said.“The majority of votes is a manifestation of confidence on law enforcement agencies that they shall, like they had been doing before, continue to protect our people, secure Mindanao, and pursue the bigger task of rehabilitation while upholding the rule of law, Human Rights, and International Humanitarian Law,” he added.Human rights watchdog Karapatan sees the contrary in the government’s motives, saying that the year-long military rule will boost attacks on the people.The continuous implementation of martial law in Mindanao will allow the unhampered massive rehabilitation in war-torn Marawi City and boost the security forces campaign to finish off the rebellion, the Department of National Defense (DND) said. In a statement, Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana said that the Supreme Court’s decision affirming the constitutionality of the one-year extension of martial law in Mindanao will definitely boost government efforts to rebuild Marawi City and address continuing rebellion.The defense chief welcomed the SC decision as a vote of confidence to the government security forces.“The DND – AFP is grateful for the trust and confidence of our public institutions and the support of the Filipino people,” said Lorenzana. Mario J. Mallari.....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsJun 7th, 2018

Boracay business owners ask gov’t for updates on rehab efforts

A group of business owners in Boracay called out the government for what they said is a lack of updates on the work of agencies involved in the rehabilitation of the tourist destination famed for its white sand beaches. Source link link: Boracay business owners ask gov’t for updates on rehab efforts.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsMay 28th, 2018

Boracay business owners ask gov’t for updates on rehab efforts

A group of business owners in Boracay called out the government for what they said is a lack of updates on the work of agencies involved in the rehabilitation of the tourist destination famed for its white sand beaches......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 27th, 2018

Group of mostly Duterte allies will pick Marawi contractor – PCIJ

MANILA, Philippines— At least 7 people, 4 of whom are political allies of President Rodrigo Duterte, will decide which business entities will win the P17.2-billion contract for the rehabilitation of ground zero in Marawi City, according to a report by the Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism (PCIJ). The report said majority ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsMay 26th, 2018

Megawide seeks BCDA clarification on Clark O& M project criteria

Megawide Construction Corp., which is part of a group that bought bid documents for the Clark International Airport operations and maintenance, is seeking clarification from the Bases Conversion and Development Authority on the qualification preventing any company with majority equity interest in an international airport in the country from participating in the bidding for the project......»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 24th, 2018

DOTr to act on NAIA Consortium rehab proposal within 2 weeks

The Department of Transportation may decide within two weeks if it would grant original proponent status to the group of seven conglomerates which offered to rehabilitate the Ninoy Aquino International Airport......»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 24th, 2018

DoTr may green-light consortium’s NAIA rehabilitation plan in two weeks

THE Department of Transportation (DoTr) may grant within the next two weeks the original proponent status (OPS) to the consortium seeking to rehabilitate the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA). Transportation Secretary Arthur P. Tugade said the department has already received the revised proposal from the so-called “super consortium,” composed of the country’s seven biggest conglomerates. […] The post DoTr may green-light consortium’s NAIA rehabilitation plan in two weeks appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsMay 24th, 2018

DOTr still in talks with NAIA Consortium over airport rehab terms

MANILA, Philippines – A consortium made up of 7 of the country's top conglomerates is expected to bag the original proponent status for the rehabilitation, development, operations, and maintenance of the  Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) in two weeks' time. After the  NAIA Consortium  brought down the concession period to 15 years and ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsMay 24th, 2018

Swiss challenge for Marawi rehab proposals scheduled end of May

The government inter-agency task force group on Marawi City rehabilitation announced on Thursday, May 24, that the Swiss challenge period for proposals has been rescheduled for next week, “May 30 or 31.” Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council (HUDCC) Chair Eduardo del Rosario said on May 15 that the Swiss challenge period was set to […] The post Swiss challenge for Marawi rehab proposals scheduled end of May appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsMay 24th, 2018

Megawide reports 8% Q1 profit increase

Engineering and infrastructure group Megawide Construction Corp. grew its attributable first quarter net profit by 8 percent year-on-year to P475.29 million, driven by increased contribution from i.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsMay 22nd, 2018

NAIA Consortium revises airport rehabilitation bid

The NAIA Consortium has submitted a revised proposal to rehabilitate the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, with a shorter concession period of 15 years and lower project cost of P106 billion......»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 22nd, 2018

Megawide nets P475M

Engineering and infrastructure group Megawide Construction Corp. grew its attributable first quarter net profit by 8 percent year-on-year to P475.29 million, driven by in increased contribution by its Cebu airport operation business. Including net income attributable to non-controlling interest, Megawide's first quarter net profit rose by 16 percent year-on-year to P635.8 million. The airport business segment now contributes 62 percent of consolidated net earnings while the construction business segment accounts for 38 percent. Consolidated revenues amounted to P4.4 billion, with the construction business contributing 84 percent to total, while the airport accounted for the ...Keep on reading: Megawide nets P475M.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 21st, 2018