Advertisements


Want Rody’s SALN? Seek other avenues, says Palace

Malacañang on Wednesday urged parties requesting for President Rodrigo Duterte’s asset statements to “pursue further avenues” to acquire the document after multiple requests for such had been reportedly rejected by government offices. Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said there are many ways under existing laws to request for Duterte’s Statements of Assets, Liabilities, and Net Worth […] The post Want Rody’s SALN? Seek other avenues, says Palace appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource: tribune tribuneSep 16th, 2020

Rody not eyeing new military ties, instead opts for stronger defense

President Rodrigo Duterte was not inclined to seek military alliances with other countries following his decision to abrogate the Visiting Forces Agreement between Manila and Washington, the Palace said Friday, contrary to what was earlier floated by the Armed Forces of the Philippines......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsFeb 14th, 2020

Ex-DFA chief hits back at Palace man

Former Foreign Affairs secretary Albert del Rosario on Friday urged President Rodrigo Duterte to seek the support of other countries to pressure China into complying with the 2016 ruling of a UN tribunal that invalidated Beijing’s excessive claims in the South China Sea in favor of the Philippines......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsSep 25th, 2020

Palace to Leni: Seek COVID-19 solution and you’ll be president

The Palace on Tuesday dared Vice President Leni Robredo to come up with a solution to the COVID-19 pandemic, saying she might become the country’s top leader if she has one. In a televised briefing, presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said this as he asked Robredo to open her eyes and ears to the administration’s efforts […] The post Palace to Leni: Seek COVID-19 solution and you’ll be president appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsSep 22nd, 2020

Rody to House: Pass budget

The Palace said Monday President Rodrigo Duterte wants the P4.506 trillion national budget passed before the end of the year amid fears that squabbles within the House of Representatives could delay the spending plan......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsSep 22nd, 2020

Transport distancing issue: It& rsquo;s Rody& rsquo;s call

The government’s decision to gradually reduce physical distancing between passengers in public transportation stays unless revoked by President Rodrigo Duterte, the Palace said Wednesday......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsSep 17th, 2020

Palace: Rody not for & lsquo;RevGov& rsquo;

President Rodrigo Duterte remains against the calls of his supporters to declare a revolutionary government, Malacañang said Tuesday......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsSep 1st, 2020

`Busy’ Rody extends Davao stay

President Rodrigo Duterte is still up to his neck in work while in Davao City and is delaying his return to Manila, presidential spokesman Harry Roque disclosed Thursday. Roque made the remark in response to the query as to when the President is expected to be back in the Palace and address the public anew […] The post `Busy’ Rody extends Davao stay appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsAug 20th, 2020

Rody won& rsquo;t sack Morales just yet

President Rodrigo Duterte will not fire Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) president Ricardo Morales unless there is evidence of his involvement in corruption in the agency, Palace spokesman Harry Roque said on Wednesday......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsAug 5th, 2020

Rody sets PhilHealth graft probe

The Office of the President will conduct its own investigation into allegations of corruption that continue to hound the state insurer Philippine Health Insurance Corp. (PhilHealth), a Palace spokesman said Friday......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsJul 24th, 2020

Palace: Not true Rody& rsquo;s Jolo speech edited

Malacañang on Wednesday denied it edited the speech of President Rodrigo Duterte during his visit to Jolo, Sulu, on Monday, skipping some lines in criticizing the ABS-CBN franchise......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsJul 15th, 2020

Poultry raisers seek Palace intervention on import issue

Local poultry raisers have sought the intervention of President Duterte to stop the importation of chicken meat, pork and processed meat products as an oversupply has resulted in the decline of farmgate prices......»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 25th, 2020

Rody to still study Anti-Terror bill — Palace

Malacanang on Monday said that they expect the Anti-Terror bill to be presented to President Rodrigo Duterte sometime this week, saying that the President is still waiting for all the inputs of concerned government agencies. Presidential spokesman Harry Roque said that the President has 30 days to study the bill before making any decision on […] The post Rody to still study Anti-Terror bill — Palace appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsJun 22nd, 2020

Rody rechecks anti-terror bill before signing it

Despite mounting public opposition to the anti-terror bill, President Rodrigo Duterte is inclined to sign it into law, a Palace official said Tuesday......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsJun 16th, 2020

Palace respects Taiwan& rsquo;s call on anti-Rody OFW

Malacañang on Wednesday said it would respect the decision of Taiwan refusing to deport Filipino caregiver Elanel Egot Ordidor who criticized President Rodrigo Duterte’s coronavirus disease (COVID-19) response on social media......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsApr 29th, 2020

Cabagnot creates pipeline for Filipino promising prospects in North America

With Kai Sotto making a name for himself in the US while showcasing his skills for Atlanta-based The Skills Factory, it may very well be just a matter of time before a full-blooded Filipino is playing in the NBA. Even better, there are also several promising prospects with Filipino blood who have a shot of their own - chief among them Jalen Green who has made a groundbreaking decision to jump from high school straight to the G League. Indeed, the Philippines is slowly but surely marking its territory in global basketball - and that just means that, slowly but surely as well, more and more avenues have to be built to facilitate that. One of those avenues is newly founded Fil-Am Nation Select, a program that aims to "provide a platform for exposure and education about the process of playing in the Philippines." "We have the talent. We just need to build the platform and awareness so more Filipino-foreigners can definitely be identified as being Filipino," founder Christian Gopez said. Gopez kickstarted Fil-Am Nation Select in December 2019 with the help of cousin Alex Cabagnot.         View this post on Instagram                       A post shared by Fil-Am Nation Select (@filamnationselect) on Jan 21, 2020 at 12:49am PST According to the program, it aims to answer the age-old questions of Filipino-foreigners regarding citizenship, passports, and playing for Gilas Pilipinas. As Gopez put it, "Our ultimate goal is to be the one-stop shop to discover all Filipino-foreign athletes across the globe. We are already working alongside Gilas especially about the key factor of holding dual citizenship." He then continued, "We also hope to provide more options for all colleges in the Philippines to be able to recruit from our platform." Thus far, Fil-Am Nation Select has hosted a visit from head coach Pat Aquino of five-peat UAAP Women's champion National University. In all, the program came to be because Gopez and Cabagnot, the longtime point guard of dynastic San Miguel Beer, wanted to make noise for Philippine basketball in North America. "We talked about how do we get Philippine basketball more exposure here in the US and Canada. Here with us, all Filipinos can showcase their talents and be recognized at our events," the former shared. He also added, "Just to clarify, however, we are not agents. We are a platform that helps agents and recruiters to seek players." To be part of the program, Gopez said that young talents aged 10 to 18 should attend at least one of their regional camps in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Hawaii. The best of the best, 25 each for boys and girls, would then be invited to a summit where college coaches from the Philippines would also be. In the future, those regional camps would then be expanded to Arizona, Florida, New Jersey, New York, Virginia, Chicago, Las Vegas, and Seattle. And even further, Fil-Am Nation Select may very well reach Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, and Winnipeg in Canada as well as Australia, Italy, and United Kingdom.         View this post on Instagram                       A post shared by Fil-Am Nation Select (@filamnationselect) on Apr 18, 2020 at 8:50am PDT --- Follow this writer on Twitter, @riegogogo......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsApr 28th, 2020

Rody not using COVID-19 to declare martial law –Palace

  Malacañang laughed off suggestions that President Duterte was taking advantage of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic to declare martial law in the entire country. Presidential spokesman Harry Roque made the statement after President Duterte warned on Friday that he will declare martial law if the lawlessness of the New People’s Army (NPA) will not […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tempoRelated NewsApr 27th, 2020

Palace: Rody didn t overspend in 2016 election

President Rodrigo Duterte did not overspend in his 2016 election campaign, contrary to the allegations of a poll watchdog group, Malacañang said Monday......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsMar 3rd, 2020

Seek legal remedies, Palace tells Duterte critics facing raps

Critics of President Duterte who are facing charges in relation to an alleged ouster plot against the Chief Executive should avail themselves of all legal remedies as there was no politics involved in the filing of the complaints against them, Malacañang said yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsFeb 12th, 2020

Palace belittles warning on Rody scandals

Malacañang on Sunday brushed aside a feng shui expert’s warning to President Rodrigo Duterte to be extra careful to avoid possible scandals this year......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsJan 27th, 2020

Prince Harry sad to end royal role

LONDON (Reuters) – Britain’s Prince Harry spoke on Sunday of his sadness at being forced to give up his royal duties in a deal with Queen Elizabeth and senior Windsors that will see him and his wife Meghan exit official roles to seek an independent future. Buckingham Palace and the queen announced on Saturday that […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tempoRelated NewsJan 20th, 2020