Advertisements


‘I thought I was strong’

First Filipino Covid-19 patient narrates ordeal The country’s first Filipino coronavirus patient turned to prayers and his family while he was battling the deadly disease in the hospital. Carlo Navarro, a lawyer, said the weeping near his hospital bed at the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM) made him so fearful for his life that he […].....»»

Source: Manilatimes_net Manilatimes_netCategory: NewsMar 24th, 2020Related News

'Angkakapal: Carlo, Jake Igan bad trip sa mga politikong epal

NAKATIKIM ng galit at pambabatikos mula sa mga celebrities ang ilang politiko na ipinamukha pa sa buong mundo ang pagpasok sa trabaho kahit may COVID-19 crisis. Tinawag ng netizens na “epal” at “makapal ang mukha” ang ilang mambabatas na tila pinalalabas pang utang na loob ng mga Filipino ang pagpasok nila sa kongreso para sa isang […] The post #Angkakapal: Carlo, Jake Igan bad trip sa mga politikong epal appeared first on Bandera......»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: NewsMar 24th, 2020Related News

COVID-19 Patient No. 4 shares a story of strength and faith

Rappler is republishing this with permission from Carlo Llanes Navarro , PH4 who recovered from COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus. My Covid19 experience - March 5, 2020 I was COVID-19 patient no. 4. As patient no. 4, I was the first Filipino to be confirmed positive after a lull ........»»

Source: Rappler RapplerCategory: NewsMar 22nd, 2020Related News

San Juan, Palayan co-champions sa CBA Pilipinas basketball

IDINEKLARA ang defending champion San Juan Knights Navy at Palayan City Capitals bilang co-champions sa 2020 Community Basketball Association (CBA) -Pilipinas basketball tournament. Ito ang naging desisyon ni CBA founding president Carlo Maceda matapos ang konsultasyon sa mga opisyales ng San Juan at Palayan City bunga na rin ng isinasagawang nationwide enhanced quarantine ng gobyerno […] The post San Juan, Palayan co-champions sa CBA Pilipinas basketball appeared first on Bandera......»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: NewsMar 19th, 2020Related News

Sarangani looks to improve on one-win season with new coach

After a season filled with controversies, Sarangani Province will be having a fresh start with John Kallos calling the shots come the next season of Chooks-to-Go Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League. The 36-year-old Kallos will be tasked to turn things around for a dysfunctional Sarangani squad who made quite some noise last year for the wrong reasons. The franchise was most known for its game-fixing involvement last November which resulted in the league filing charges against 21 members of the then-SOCCSKARGEN squad. The league then took over the squad in order to keep the competition calendar going. This led to a disastrous start to Sarangani's campaign, who dropped its first 21 games before chalking up its only win via a 78-74 triumph over Quezon City-WEMSAP. The team went on to finish dead-last in the Lakan Season with a disappointing 1-29 record. Kallos, who spent the last three seasons with Caloocan-Victory Liner, will replace interim head coach Manuel Torralba. To kick-start the cleansing of the team, Kallos bared that he will be bringing in a bunch of veterans and familiar faces to aid the Sarangani's rebuild. "Siyempre, aalisin natin ung mga panget na gawain dati, we will put players and coaching staff na competent, mga hardworker at meron pagmamahal sa trabaho at loyal," said Kallos, who led the Supremos to a 16-14 win-loss record this season, falling behind Pasay with a 17-13 card for the last playoff slot. "I will build a team na trusted ko, build a good relationship with the players and always do your best and work hard." Jester Macabagdal, Maricon Rearte, and Gilbert Cole -- his trusted deputies during his time in Caloocan and Adamson -- along with Cris Bautista, Andrew Belarmino, and Emman Romey will make up his coaching staff. Beefing up the squad are veterans Chico Lanete and Manila-Frontrow's Marvin Hayes, who met with Sarangani officials and committed to the team last Tuesday. "Kilala ko na kasi siya since PBL days dati sa Nutrilicios team, player siya ng brother ko [Monel Kallos] and he is a winner and a leader," said Kallos of Lanete, a floor general who won three championships with the San Miguel Beermen at the tail-end of his pro career. Paul Sanga, Mark Sarangay, and brothers Joe and Carlo Escalambre -- who all played under Kallos in Caloocan -- all agreed to join their head coach in Sarangani next season......»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: SportsMar 19th, 2020Related News

Olympics-bound boxers Eumir Marcial, Irish Magno under self-quarantine after Qualifying Tournament

The celebration will have to wait for 2020 Tokyo Olympics-bound pugs Eumir Marcial and Irish Magno as they have put themselves under self-quarantine after arriving in the Philippines, following a successful campaign in the recently-concluded Asia and Oceania Olympic Boxing Qualifiers that was held in Amman, Jordan.  Marcial, the top-seeded Men's Middleweight breezed through his division, taking home the gold medal as well as a ticket to the Summer Games in Tokyo.  Magno, meanwhile, made good on her second chance in the tournament, winning her Women's Flyweight Olympic Box-off to also earn a place on the Philippine Team.  “Naka-self-quarantine po ako dto sa Baguio. Ganun din po ‘yung iba ko pang teammates,” Magno told ABS-CBN News' Dennis Gasgonia. The Iloilo native will have to get clearance to go home and celebrate with her loved ones once her quarantine is up. "Wait ko pa po ang sasabihin ng mga coaches after po ng quarantine kung pwede po muna umuwi. Pero kung back to training po, training po muna para mapaghandaan ang Tokyo Olympics,” she said.  Also coming back from Amman, Jordan were Women's Featherweight World Champion Nesthy Petecio, Men's Flyweight bet Carlo Paalam, Men's Bantamweight Ian Clark Bautista, Men's Lightweight James Palicte, and Women's Lightweight Riza Pasuit. All of them will also have to undergo self-quarantine as a precautionary step against the spread of the COVID-19 virus that is affecting the globe.  The current COVID-19 pandemic has also affected the timetable for Petecio, Paalam, and the rest of the Tokyo hopefuls since the upcoming World Qualifiers set for Paris, France this coming May has been postponed because of the health crisis that's sweeping the world. .....»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: SportsMar 18th, 2020Related News

Davao Chamber issues guidelines

The Davao Chamber of Commerce and Industry Inc. (DCCII) has advised business owners in Davao City to follow the strict protocols of the city government to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus. DCCII, led by John Carlo Tria, had issued its first advisory on the virus on March 15, a copy of which has […].....»»

Source: Manilatimes_net Manilatimes_netCategory: NewsMar 18th, 2020Related News

2 patay; 2 sugatan sa aksidente sa Quezon

DALAWANG tao ang nasawi at dalawa pa ang nasugatan sa magkahiwalay na aksidente sa lalawigan ng Quezon, Linggo ng gabi. Dead on arrival sa ospital ang construction worker na si Carlo Corpuz, 29, matapos mahagip ng bubong ng kasalubong niyang tricycle sa Brgy. Dinahican, Infanta, alas-8:10, ayon sa ulat ng Quezon provincial police. Sinabi sa […] The post 2 patay; 2 sugatan sa aksidente sa Quezon appeared first on Bandera......»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: NewsMar 16th, 2020Related News

Boxing: Irish Magno books ticket to Tokyo 2020 Olympics

Filipina boxer Irish Magno was given a second chance, and she made good on it, booking a spot in the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo after winning her Women's Flyweight Olympic Box-off bout in the 2020 Asia and Oceania Boxing Olympic Qualifiers, Wednesday in Amman, Jordan.  Magno, a 2019 SEA Games Silver Medalist, used her size and power to overwhelm Tajikistan's Sumaiya Qosimova en route to a unanimous decision victory.  Magno was swinging hard from the opening bell, throwing wild haymakers to put the pressure on the 19-year old Qosimova. The young Tajik had no answer for the bigger Magno, who coasted to a dominant opening round, even getting 10-8 scores.  Round 2 was even more dominant for Magno, as she never let up, pushing Qosimova back with powerful punches and scoring a 10-8 across the board.  Round 3 was no different, as Magno closed things out in dominant fashion with another 10-8 round across the boards for a clear-cut decision win.  "I am so very happy, and I made it because of my coach Boy Velasco, this is for you coach," said Magno post-fight.  The 28-year old Magno joins Eumir Marcial on Tokyo 2020's Pinoy boxing contingent so far. Gymnast Caloy Yulo and pole vaulter EJ Obiena are the other Filipino athletes who have so far qualified for the Summer Olympics.  Filipino flyweight Carlo Paalam still could not get over the hump however, as he came up short in his Men's Flyweight Olympic Box-off bout against Kazakhstan's Saken Bibbosinov, losing via a 4-1 Split Decision.  Paalam was aggressive from the get-go as he tried to control the pace and overwhelm the taller Kazakh.  Bibbosinov's range and reach would ultimately be the x-factor, as Paalam simply could not break through without getting hit.  Down on the cards and needing a knockout in the final round to secure a spot in Tokyo, Paalam turned things up and landed a couple of clean shots that rocked Bibbosinov's head back, but none significant enough to get a count.  All is not lost for Paalam however, as he can still earn a spot in the Summer Games through the Global Qualifiers in Paris this May. .....»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: SportsMar 11th, 2020Related News

Magno, Pasuit drop quarterfinal matches

Irish Magno and Riza Pasuit absorbed similar stinging 0-5 setbacks to fancied Mery Kom of India and Taiwanese Wu Shih-Yi, respectively, to go the way world champion Nesthy Petecio and Carlo Paalam went in the quarterfinal round of the Asia Oceania Olympic qualifier in Amman, Jordan late Monday......»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: SportsMar 10th, 2020Related News

More Pinoy boxers fall in Olympic qualifiers

Irish Magno and Riza Pasuit absorbed stinging similar 0-5 setbacks to fancied Mery Kom of India and Taiwanese Wu Shih-Yi, respectively, to go the way world champion Nesthy Petecio and Carlo Paalam went in the quarterfinal round of the Asia Oceania Qualification tournament.....»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: SportsMar 10th, 2020Related News

Boxing: Petecio, Paalam bow out of Olympic Qualifiers

Filipina boxer Nesthy Petecio won't be securing a spot in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, not yet, at least, after the reigning women's featherweight world champion fell short at the hands of Japan's Irie Sena by Split Decision, 3-2, in the quarterfinals of the 2020 Asia and Oceania Boxing Qualification Tournament in Amman, Jordan, Monday.  The 19-year old Irie got off to a hot start as she was able to get the better of Petecio, who seemed tense. Things didn't get any better for the Filipina who was deducted a point for excessive holding. With a ticket to Tokyo at stake, Petecio picked things up in the final round, but it was a little too late, as Iri walked away with the close decision win.  All isn't lost for the AIBA World Championships gold medalist, as she still has a chance to earn a spot in the 2020 Summer games via the Global Qualifiers this coming May in Paris.  Filipino flyweight Carlo Paalam also missed out on securing his spot in the Olympics, losing to top-seeded Indian Amit Panghal by Split Decision.  Paalam started strong as he was able to take the first round on the judges' cards, but Panghal rallied back in the second stanza, 4-1.  Panghal did just enough to take the third round to earn a 3-2 Split Decision win and earn his ticket to Tokyo.  Paalam, meanwhile, still has the chance to qualify in the Olympic box-off. .....»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: SportsMar 9th, 2020Related News

Boxers Magno, Paalam make quarters as Bautista crashes out

MANILA, Philippines – Irish Magno and Carlo Paalam scored wins to advance to the quarterfinals of their respective events while Ian Clark Bautista suffered another heartbreak in the 2020 Asia and Oceania Olympic boxing qualifiers on Saturday, March 7 (Sunday, March 8, Manila time) in Amman, Jordan.  Magno stopped Hong Kong's Winnie Au ........»»

Source: Rappler RapplerCategory: NewsMar 8th, 2020Related News

Paalam sends off Afghan foe

Carlo Paalam outclassed Ramish Rahmani of Afghanistan yesterday to barge into the quarterfinals of the light flyweight division in the Asia Oceania Olympic boxing qualifier at the Prince Hamzeh Hall in Amman, Jordan......»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: SportsMar 8th, 2020Related News

Darren apektado ng COVID-19; pero lumebel kina Carlo at Arjo

Nanghihinayang si Darren Espanto sa napurnadang pagsali niya sa sikat na sikat na reality singing contest ng China, ang The Singer na sinalihan din noong 2018 ni KZ Tandingan. Hindi na natuloy si Darren sa pagpunta sa China dahil sa coronavirus o COVID-19. Sa media launch ng Kapamilya singer bilang millennial ambassador ng men’s line […] The post Darren apektado ng COVID-19; pero lumebel kina Carlo at Arjo appeared first on Bandera......»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: NewsMar 5th, 2020Related News

2 dakip, P8.67M shabu nasabat sa Quezon

ARESTADO ang isang lalaki’t babae nang makuhaan ng aabot sa P8.67 milyon halaga ng hinihinalang shabu sa buy-bust operation sa Lucena City, Quezon, Martes ng gabi. Nadakip sina Niel Carlo Tolentino alyas “Caloy,” 24, residente ng Brgy. Malabanban Norte, at Mary Jane Pamatmat alyas “Lowla,” 30, ng Brgy. Ibabang Dupay, ani Col. Audie Madrideo, direktor […] The post 2 dakip, P8.67M shabu nasabat sa Quezon appeared first on Bandera......»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: NewsMar 4th, 2020Related News

In Focus: A Katigbaker s Guide To ABS-CBN President And CEO Carlo Katigbak

Meet the Filipinos’ newest crush ng bayan!.....»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: LifestyleMar 3rd, 2020Related News

MPBL: Clutch Lastimosa averts Manila semis meltdown

  MANILA, Philippines – Clutch genes run in the veins of Carlo Lastimosa, saving second seed Manila-Frontrow from a disastrous meltdown against third-ranked Makati-Super Crunch in the Maharlika Pilpinas Basketball League (MPBL) semifinals. Lastimosa's late-game exploits allowed the Stars to grab the series opener in the best-of-three North semifinals ........»»

Source: Rappler RapplerCategory: NewsMar 1st, 2020Related News

Netizen sa jowa ni Alex: “He’s not really an eye catcher type of a guy!”

Manila, Philippines – Pinalagan ng ilang netizens ang bagong paandar ni Alex Gonzaga sa social media. Sa kanyang Instagram account ay ipinost ni Alex ang photo ng knayang  boyfriend na si Mikee Morada na katabi ang picture ng ABS-CBN President and CEO na si Carlo Katigbak. “Kaya pala magaan ang loob ko sa boss namin……. […] The post Netizen sa jowa ni Alex: “He’s not really an eye catcher type of a guy!” appeared first on REMATE ONLINE......»»

Source: Remate RemateCategory: NewsMar 1st, 2020Related News

Alex Gonzaga ug Ellen Adarna puwerting dayeg ni Carlo Katigbak

Napukaw ni ABS-CBN president ug CEO Carlo Katigbak ang atensiyon sa ubany local celebrity, sama nilang Alex Gonzaga ug Ellen Adarna......»»

Source: Abante AbanteCategory: NewsFeb 29th, 2020Related News