Advertisements


SEIZED SHABU WAS FAKE: Vice mayor slams criminal raps as malicious

BACOLOD City – Vice Mayor Ella Garcia-Yulo of Moises Padilla, Negros Occidental said charges for illegal possession of explosives filed against her and her husband by the town’s police chief “is based purely on highly malicious, erroneous and fabricated accusations.” The argument is contained in Yulo’s 15-page counter-affidavit she filed on Dec 27, 2017, with […] The post SEIZED SHABU WAS FAKE: Vice mayor slams criminal raps as malicious appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource: thedailyguardian thedailyguardianDec 28th, 2017

Du30 son to file raps vs Trillanes

FORMER Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte will file criminal and civil complaints against Senator Antonio Trillanes for maliciously implicating him in the purported P6.4 billion worth of shabu smuggled into the country last year. The Presidential son said he would file libel charges against Trillanes for “viciously destroying my….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsJun 14th, 2018

Paolo Duterte to file raps vs Trillanes

Presidential son and former Davao City vice mayor Paolo Duterte will file charges against Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV for implicating him in the smuggling of P6.4 billion worth of shabu last year......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 14th, 2018

Pulong Duterte to file criminal and civil liber charges vs Trillanes

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 14 June) – Former Davao City vice mayor Paolo Duterte vowed to file criminal and civil libel charges against opposition Senator Antonio Trillanes for dragging him in the controversial P6.4-billion shabu smuggling last year. In a statement released on Thursday, nearly six months since he announced his resignation from his post […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsJun 14th, 2018

BIG RELIEF: Sandiganbayan acquits Dingle vice mayor of criminal raps

THE Sandiganbayan’s First Division dismissed the four counts of graft charges filed against Vice Mayor Rufino Palabrica III of Dingle, Iloilo due to “inordinate delays” in the case In a text message to The Daily Guardian, Palabrica said that he got an official copy of the Sandiganbayan resolution acquitting him from the criminal charges of […] The post BIG RELIEF: Sandiganbayan acquits Dingle vice mayor of criminal raps appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsMay 28th, 2018

Ombudsman files raps vs Binay and son

THE Office of the Ombudsman has filed criminal charges against former Vice President Jejomar “Jojo” Binay Sr. and ex-Makati City Mayor Jejomar Erwin “Junjun” Binay Jr. over the alleged anomalous construction of the P1.3 billion building of the Makati Science High School. In September 2007, the Ombudsman accused the former….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsMar 9th, 2018

DOJ junks drug raps vs Faeldon, 11 BOC officials

MANILA – The Department of Justice (DOJ) on Wednesday dismissed the criminal charges filed against former Bureau of Customs (BOC) Commissioner Nicanor Faeldon and 11 other BOC officials in connection with the PHP6.4 billion shabu shipment seized in Valenzuela City last May 26. Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II said the DOJ panel headed by Assistant […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  interaksyonRelated NewsNov 22nd, 2017

Shabu seized from vice mayor s house

Shabu seized from vice mayor s house.....»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsJun 24th, 2017

Raps vs vice mayor dismissed

MANILA, Philippines -  Another local official has been cleared of criminal charges due to the inordinate delay of the Office of the Ombudsman in conducting a.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 6th, 2017

Surigao Del Norte vice mayor cleared of P5-M raps due to ombudsman s delay

MANILA, Philippines - Another local official has been cleared of criminal charges due to the supposed inordinate delay of the Office of the Ombudsman in cond.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 6th, 2017

Criminal raps filed vs Maguindanao vice mayor, 3 others

MANILA, Philippines - The charges against Maguindanao Vice Mayor Abdulwahab Sabal and three others for illegal possession of firearms, explosives and illegal.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 15th, 2016

Gun, shabu seized in Pampanga

CITY of San Fernando, Pampanga -- A man was arrested for possession of a gun loaded with ammunition and five sachets of shabu by operatives of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG)-Pampanga the other day. Chief Insp. Roland Culiao, CIDG-Pampanga head, identified the arrested person as Jason Soriano, 30.….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsJun 28th, 2018

Capiz mayor charged over streetlights issue

ROXAS CITY, Capiz – The mayor of Pres. Roxas, Capiz is facing administrative and criminal complaints filed by a former vice mayor of the town before the Office of the Ombudsman in the Visayas. Ex-vice mayor Alfonso Golero accused Mayor Receliste Escolin of violating Republic Act 917 (Philippine Highway Act of 1953), abuse of authority, […] The post Capiz mayor charged over streetlights issue appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsJun 22nd, 2018

Paolo Duterte threatens to sue Trillanes over shabu smuggling allegations

Former Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte wants Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV held criminally liable for linking him to the smuggling of P6.4-billion in shabu, an allegation he has repeatedly denied. Source link link: Paolo Duterte threatens to sue Trillanes over shabu smuggling allegations.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsJun 14th, 2018

Criminal probe vs Paolo Duterte over his SALN – Morales

MANILA, Philippines – Ombudsman Conchita Carpio Morales said on Monday, June 11, that the criminal investigation into resigned Davao City vice mayor Paolo Duterte involves his Statement of Assets, Liablities, and Net Worth (SALN.)  “I think it has to do with his SALN,” Morales said in an interview with CNN ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJun 11th, 2018

Morales: Paolo Duterte’s case at Ombudsman related to SALN

The pending criminal case against former Davao City vice mayor Paolo Duterte at the Office of the Ombudsman has something to do with his Statements of Assets, Liabilities, and Net Worth (SALN), according to Ombudsman Conchita Carpio Morales. Source link link: Morales: Paolo Duterte’s case at Ombudsman related to SALN.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsJun 11th, 2018

ICC to inquire on raps vs Rody

ROQUE: MERE PROCESS TO DETERMINE BASIS President Duterte intends to defend himself, “if need be,” on the crimes against humanity charges that his opponents filed against him before The Hague-based International Criminal Court (ICC), presidential spokesman Harry Roque said yesterday. Roque, an international law expert, explained that the ICC’s recognition was simply a proceeding to determine if the case has basis to proceed or not.Roque said Malacañang has received ICC’s notice for a “preliminary examination” on the complaints filed by the lawyer of self-confessed Davao Death Squad (DDS) assassin Edgar Matobato, who is under the care of Duterte’s chief critic Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV.Roque said the 72-year-old Chief Executive is ready to submit himself before the proceedings once he is summoned to The Hague.“The President and I met about this extensively for two hours last night. The President welcomes the preliminary examination because he is sick and tired of being accused,” Roque told reporters. “Obviously, this is intended to embarrass the president. They will fail. The President said that if need be, he will argue his case before the ICC,” he added.Matobato’s counsel Jude Sabio, in April last year, submitted to the ICC a petition against Mr. Duterte on the basis of his apparent admission of “killing” suspected drug traffickers and criminals in Davao City when he was still its Mayor.By June, Trillanes and Magdalo Partylist Rep. Gary Alejano filed a supplemental complaint against the Chief Executive also at the ICC. The complaint is based on the series of extrajudicial killings attributed to the Duterte administration’s narcotics crackdown.Sabio, in a text message, claimed that the given development is already a victory on their end.“I feel so elated and vindicated. Finally, Mr. Duterte and his cohorts will face criminal investigation by the ICC prosecutor as a prelude to formal criminal investigation,” Sabio said. “It is a huge triumph toward justice. Duterte’s system of death squad killings that he continued in his war on drugs will be investigated and hopefully an arrest warrant will be issued against him and justice will be done,” he added.“I am confident that, based on my communication, as well as that of Sen. Trillanes’ and (Magdalo) Rep. (Gary) Alejano’s, we will hurdle this first big step, and hopefully a warrant of arrest will be issued soon by the ICC against Duterte and his cohorts,” he added. Critics overjoyedTrillanes, for his part, claimed that the ICC’s recognition of their complaint should remind Mr. Duterte that he is not above the law.“This development should jolt Duterte into realizing that he is not above the law. More importantly, this is the first step for the victims’ families’ quest for justice,” the senator said.But Roque said Trillanes and his group should not celebrate yet.“No one should claim victory… If they think the President has been indicted, they are so wrong,” he said.“There will be no formal investigation to be conducted in the country because at the level of the preliminary examination, where the Court does not include the budget for the prosecutor to come to the Philippines because it is not yet a preliminary investigation,” he said.“Now the objective is to determine if there is reasonable basis to proceed with the formal investigation,” he added.In Sabio’s complaint addressed to ICC chief prosecutor Fatou Bensouda, he said that the international criminal court’s action “would... be the beginning of the end of this dark, obscene, murderous and evil era in the Philippines.”“Crimes against humanity are crimes of universal jurisdiction, but where a State like the Philippines fails to assume such universal jurisdiction for crimes against humanity continuously being committed in its very own territory, then the International Criminal Court will have to intervene into a situation that is grave by any human standard,” Sabio said.“The grim statistics of more than 7,000 drug-related killings cannot be anything but grave, especially if viewed in the context of just seven months since Rodrigo Duterte became the President, compared to only about 3,000 committed during the 20-year Marcos regime. These more than 7,000 drug-related killings translate to roughly 1,000 killings per month,” he added.Two other opposition senators urged Malacañang, instead of criticizing this development, to deal with the issues being hurled at the President.“That shouldn’t come as a surprise considering the magnitude of deaths reaching thousands upon thousands in less than two years,” Sen. Francis “Kiko” Pangilinan.“This is the chance for the government to answer the accusations raised against them. There is no reason to be afraid if the administration is not hiding anything,” Sen. Bam Aquino said.Aquino said this should be a welcome opportunity for the administration to make their case to an unbiased and globally respected tribunal. Villarin wants Roque charged, tooAkbayan Rep Tom Villarin said the entry of the ICC into the issues raised against Duterte gives hope to the thousands killed under the latter’s war on drugs. “It is a welcome development and gives hope to thousands of EJK (extra judicial killings) victims that finally justice will be served,” Villarin said.“This will also hold President Duterte and other top officials involved in the bloody war against drugs accountable as well as it gives us an opportunity to implead other enablers of EJKs, including possibly Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque,” Villarin added.While the Akbayan lawmaker said that the investigation may not lead to Duterte’s puster, he said that it will be damning and damaging to his administration in the eyes of our people and the international community.“I am hopeful that people will now realize the truth and demand accountability from him with all constitutional options available,” Villarin said.Alejano said that the preliminary examination will determine whether there is sufficient evidence to warrant an investigation. “I hope that the preliminary examination will be allowed to carry on – unhindered and with full cooperation from concerned authorities, organizations, and personalities,” Alejano, one of those who brought the EJK issue before the ICC, said.“I am confident on the communication we sent to the ICC and strongly believe that President Duterte and those who perpetuate and defend this policy of killing should be held accountable before the law,” Alejano said. Angie M. Rosales, Gerry Baldo.....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsJun 7th, 2018

Davao Vice Mayor Al-ag slams NCIP for delay in confirmation of IPMR

Vice Mayor Bernard Al-ag expressed concern over the long-overdue decision on the installation of the city’s new Indigenous Peoples Mandatory Representative (IPMR)......»»

Category: newsSource:  davaotodayRelated NewsMay 30th, 2018

SATIRE VS FAKE NEWS: Can you tell the difference?

MANILA, Philippines – On May 1, 2016, website Adobo Chronicles published a story claiming that then vice presidential candidate Leni Robredo said she would immediately resign if she got elected alongside Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte, a presidential candidate at the time. The website quoted Robredo as ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsMay 15th, 2018

Paolo Duterte still under Ombudsman probe

Presidential son and former Davao City vice mayor Paolo Duterte is still the subject of an ongoing investigation of the Office of the Ombudsman, despite being recently cleared of involvement in the P6.4-billion shabu smuggling case......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 9th, 2018

Leni slams ‘fake news’ on vote recount

Calling it “fake news” emanating from the camp of her defeated opponent Ferdinand Marcos Jr., Vice President Leni Robredo yesterday denounced reports that she lost votes in an ongoing recount of the vice presidential race......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 3rd, 2018