Advertisements


Palace on Amnesty report: Pinoys satisfied with Duterte

MANILA, Philippines - The special concern aired by human rights watchdog Amnesty International (AI) on reports of extrajudicial killings under President Dute.....»»

Category: newsSource: philstar philstarFeb 23rd, 2017

Palace on Amnesty report: Pinoys satisfied with Duterte - Philippine Star

Palace on Amnesty report: Pinoys satisfied with Duterte - Philippine Star.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsFeb 22nd, 2017

Duterte has info on Naga as ‘hotbed of shabu’ — Palace

President Rodrigo Duterte has access to information tagging the home province of Vice President Leni Robredo as a "hotbed of shabu," Malacaang claimed on Thursday. In a press briefing, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque stressed that Duterte's pronouncement that Naga is allegedly a breeding ground for methamphetamine was not made out of thin air. "I'm sure he (Duterte) has access to information indicating certain areas to be hotbeds of shabu. He must have seen in the report that Naga is one of them," Roque told reporters. "I don't think it's something that the President would say from thin air because he has access to all information that even you and I don't have access to,"...Keep on reading: Duterte has info on Naga as ‘hotbed of shabu’ — Palace.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsAug 16th, 2018

Palace releases report on Duterte administration’s achievements for past year

On Saturday night, two days before the third State of the Nation Address (Sona) of President Rodrigo Duterte, Malacaang Palace released a 68-page report detailing his administration's achievements for the past year. The report, in a pamphlet form, covers key achievements of every department from July 2016 to July 2017. In a statement, presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said that this year's Sona would be different from the past two presidential addresses in that the Palace held three pre-Sona forums -- "Tatak ng Pagbabago" -- during which the administration's accomplishments were spelled out. "Traditionally, the Sona is a highlight of achievements of the previous year, but th...Keep on reading: Palace releases report on Duterte administration’s achievements for past year.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 21st, 2018

Palace releases report on Duterte administration& apos;s achievements for past year - Inquirer.net

Palace releases report on Duterte administration's achievements for past year - Inquirer.net.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsJul 21st, 2018

Palace blasts statement on human rights, condemns broadcaster’s killing

MALACAÑANG denounced Friday a statement by Amnesty International Philippines (AIP) that the country has become “a far more dangerous place” on President Rodrigo R. Duterte’s watch......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsJul 20th, 2018

Duterte s SONA 2018 will be straight from the heart

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte will have more time to express his personal sentiments in his upcoming State of the Nation Address (SONA), Malacañang said on Thursday, July 5. Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque said  in a Palace news briefing that the conduct of "pre-SONA briefings" to report on ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJul 5th, 2018

Fact checker catches anti-Duterte page sharing fake info on Palace meeting

Despite some facing questions over its impartiality after being tapped earlier this year as social media fact-checkers, news organization VERA Files has caught an anti-administration Facebook page reporting false information about a Malacañang meeting last month. Fighting fake news VERA Files has recently released a report on a May 29, 2018 Facebook post by Silent […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  interaksyonRelated NewsJun 19th, 2018

People feel safer under Duterte administration – Palace

The government's war on criminality is working as people feel safer walking in the streets at night, Malacaang said. Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque on Monday said a Gallup report confirmed what the government was saying all along that communities were safer under the Duterte administration. Roque said Gallup surveyed 148,000 people from 142 countries on their perception of safety and the Philippines scored 82, up from 76 points in 2014. "Our people now feel safer if they walk alone at night in various communities and places," Roque said at his weekly press briefing. He said the score of 86 was "above" the average of 72 for East Asia. ---Christine O. Avendao...Keep on reading: People feel safer under Duterte administration – Palace.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 11th, 2018

Palace: Phl not taking soft stance on China

The Palace denied it is going soft on China amid reports of a resumption of build-up over disputed portions of the South China Sea (SCS) that foreign ministers of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) have criticized. Presidential spokesman Harry Roque said the Philippines shares Asean leaders’ concern regarding China’s aggressive actions on what is said to be the world’s busiest waterways.The recently concluded Asean foreign and defense ministers in Singapore issued a statement that did not name China but said that “land reclamations and activities in the area . . . have eroded trust and confidence, increased tensions and may undermine peace, security and stability in the region.” The Asean ministers resolved to expedite the code of conduct (CoC) on how to negotiate with China regarding overlapping maritime claims.“Asean’s concern on the Chinese build-up is right because Asean, as a regional bloc, wants to adhere to discussions pertaining to the code of conduct,” Roque said.“We cannot be not joining the call because the Philippines is one of those concerned in this campaign,” he added.Roque also disputed views that Manila is not among those insistent in pressing Beijing to speed up the CoC drafting. “We are not being too soft (on China) but we have an established policy on that. Number one, of course, is we are one with Asean in recognizing that this is a concern for all Asean countries. Particularly that of the freedom of navigation in the West Philippine Sea,” Roque said.“Our common concern is peace security and stability in one of the world’s busiest sea lanes,” he added.During Manila’s hosting of the Asean last year, President Duterte did not cite the Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA) ruling that nullified Beijing’s sweeping claim over nearly the entire South China Sea.It was the Philippine government that contested China’s nine-dash-line claim before the Hague court. China, however, refuses to recognize it.Apart from the Philippines, other Asean countries also have overlapping claims at the South China Sea including Vietnam, Malaysia and Brunei.Reclamation to continueChina in its known mouthpiece Global Times said Beijing is concentrating on civil and not military construction on islands in the South China Sea but insisted that the Chinese “will expand land reclamation.”“Most of the construction on islands in the South China Sea were completed in 2015 and the pace then slowed. Civilian facility construction is the major focus of the South China Sea islands building and the portion of defense deployment is relatively small,” Global Times quoted Chen Xiangmiao, a research fellow at the National Institute for the South China Sea.The size of some South China Sea islands will be further expanded in future through more dredging in the South China Sea region, Chen said.The relationship between China and other Southeast Asian countries, such as the Philippines, has becalmed in recent years, providing a golden opportunity for China to upgrade these areas, he said.China and the Philippines are enjoying good terms as President Rodrigo Duterte maintains a friendly policy toward China, Chen said. “But there is still some domestic pressure that urges Duterte to take a tough stance on China and the South China Sea issue,” Chen said.Foreign media like to hype China’s construction in the South China Sea as they try to make excuses to prevent China’s activities in this region, Zhuang Guotu, head of Xiamen University’s Southeast Asian Studies Center, told the Global Times.“China has the right to build whatever it needs within its territory,” Zhuang said.China’s military deployment in the South China Sea region was “not for military expansion,” but to defend its security and interests, he said.Zhuang and Chen warned the US is the biggest threat to stability in the South China Sea.“The US, Australia, Japan and other allies will constantly provoke China over this issue and that will incite other neighboring South China Sea countries to do the same,” Zhuang said.China’s construction projects in the region covered about 290,000 square meters in 2017, including new facilities for underground storage, administrative buildings and large radar, according to a report released in December on the nanhai.haiwainet.cn website run by the National Marine Data and Information Service and People’s Daily Overseas edition. No foreign vessels at BenhamThe Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) has not monitored any foreign vessels at the Philippine Rise, formerly known as Benham Rise, during its latest patrol in the area. Lt. Col. Isagani Nato, AFP-Northern Luzon Command (Nolcom) spokesman, said that based on the latest patrol conducted by Nolcom troops, there was no presence of foreign ships at Philippine Rise.“As of now, we don’t have a report that there is presence (of foreign vessels) in Benham Rise,” said Nato.Earlier, Agriculture Secretary Emmanuel Piñol announced that President Duterte has banned foreign ships at the Philippine Rise and ordered the military to patrol the area.The announcement came following an uproar from government critics after the Duterte administration allowed the Chinese to conduct scientific research at the Philippine Rise.Nato, however, said that Nolcom is yet to receive official order regarding the matter.But Nato maintained that with or without the latest directive, Nolcom has regularly conducted air and maritime patrols along Philippine Rise.Apart from Nolcom, the Air Force and the Philippine Navy, Nato said that the Philippine Coast Guard, the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) and the Philippine National Police-Maritime Group (PNP-MG) also conduct their own patrol in the area.He said the Nolcom uses air and naval assets of the Navy and the Air Force units under its jurisdiction.“We conduct our patrols regularly. It is a mandate of Nolcom forces so that is continuous with or without the directive from higher ups,” said Nato.According to Nato, Nolcom conducts three to four maritime and air patrol at Philippine Rise per month as part of the government efforts to secure the country’s maritime domain.ML ruling lauded, hitThe Supreme Court’s (SC) decision to uphold Mr. Duterte’s year-long martial law extension in Mindanao also drew mixed reactions.The High Court on Tuesday voted 10-5 junking militant groups’ petition and finding “sufficient factual basis” to extend martial law and suspend the privilege of wirt of habeas corpus in Mindanao until December 31, 2018.Roque welcomed the ruling saying that it affirms the need to continue protecting citizens from the threat of terrorist groups, primarily Islamic State (IS)-inspired fanatics.But for Left-leaning groups who petitioned the SC to lift martial law, the court decision opens up more crackdowns and human rights violations.The Palace official has insisted that human rights will be respected amid security operations.“The SC ruling underscores the unity of the whole government in its bid to defeat terrorism and prevent the spread in other parts of the country of DIWW and other like-minded local and foreign terrorist groups,” Roque said.“The majority of votes is a manifestation of confidence on law enforcement agencies that they shall, like they had been doing before, continue to protect our people, secure Mindanao, and pursue the bigger task of rehabilitation while upholding the rule of law, Human Rights, and International Humanitarian Law,” he added.Human rights watchdog Karapatan sees the contrary in the government’s motives, saying that the year-long military rule will boost attacks on the people.The continuous implementation of martial law in Mindanao will allow the unhampered massive rehabilitation in war-torn Marawi City and boost the security forces campaign to finish off the rebellion, the Department of National Defense (DND) said. In a statement, Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana said that the Supreme Court’s decision affirming the constitutionality of the one-year extension of martial law in Mindanao will definitely boost government efforts to rebuild Marawi City and address continuing rebellion.The defense chief welcomed the SC decision as a vote of confidence to the government security forces.“The DND – AFP is grateful for the trust and confidence of our public institutions and the support of the Filipino people,” said Lorenzana. Mario J. Mallari.....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsJun 7th, 2018

Labor groups not satisfied with EO on endo

President Rodrigo R. Duterte’s executive order (EO) does not include labor unions’ wish to have a total prohibition on all forms of contractualization by virtue of direct hiring as the general norm of employment. Section 2 of the EO no. 51, which the Palace released on Wednesday, May 2, states that “contracting or subcontracting, when […] The post Labor groups not satisfied with EO on endo appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsMay 2nd, 2018

Duterte tirades vs media no threat to press freedom, Palace says

President Rodrigo Duterte’s tirades against the Philippine media do not threaten their ability to report, Malacañang said on Thursday, a day after an international media watchdog noted a dip in the country’s ranking in its press freedom index......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 26th, 2018

Palace Finds US State Dep’t Report Inconsistent with Trump Remark

Malacanang on Monday said the report of the United States (US) State Department is not consistent with the stand of President Donald Trump who praised the campaign against illegal drugs of President Rodrigo Duterte. “I personally heard the discussion between President Trump and President Duterte when they were here in the Philippines during the ASEAN […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsApr 24th, 2018

Palace believes Trump, not drug war report

As far as Malacañang is concerned, the US Department of State’s country report on human rights practices in the Philippines is not consistent with the statements of US President Donald Trump, who had praised President Duterte for his war on drugs......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 23rd, 2018

Result of SWS survey inspires Palace to work double time for Filipinos

  Malacaangassured the public on Thursday that the Duterte administration would "work double" time to bring "sustained and inclusive growth" to Filipinos as it welcomed the "very good" net satisfaction rating of President Rodrigo Duterte in a latest survey. "We are pleased with the latest Social Weather Stations survey showing President Rodrigo Roa Duterte a "very good" net satisfaction rating of +56," Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said in a statement. In a first quarter SWS survey conducted from March 23 to 27, 2018, about 70 percent of Filipinos say they are "satisfied" with the President's performance, 14 percent say they are "dissatisfied," and 17 percent we...Keep on reading: Result of SWS survey inspires Palace to work double time for Filipinos.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 12th, 2018

Palace Lauds PH Top Rank in Women in Business 2018 Report

Malacanang on Thursday said the Duterte administration will continue to improve the lives of Filipino women as it welcomed a report which ranked the Philippines as having the most number of women executives. “We are pleased to announced today, March 8, International Women’s Day that the Philippines tops the Women in Business 2018 wherein our […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsMar 9th, 2018

Palace slams U.S. intelligence report on Duterte

PHILIPPINES PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte is not an autocrat and is taking seriously a report by the US intelligence community that names the firebrand leader among the threats to democracy in Southeast Asia, his spokesman says. […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanaoexaminerRelated NewsFeb 25th, 2018

Palace summons US envoy to discuss intel report about Duterte

        Malacaangsummonedon ThursdayUnited States Ambassador to the Philippines Sung Kim following the US Intelligence Report branding President Rodrigo Duterte as "one of the threats to democracy in Southeast Asia."   Kim met with Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea in Malacaangwhere "they discussed the latest US Intelligence Community's Worldwide Threat Assessment report."   "Executive Secretary Medialdea likewise instructed the Department of Foreign Affairs, through our Philippine embassy in Washington D.C., to coordinate and engage with the US agencies involved in the writing of the assessment," Presidential Spokesperson Ha...Keep on reading: Palace summons US envoy to discuss intel report about Duterte.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsFeb 23rd, 2018

Palace ‘concerned’ as as U.S. intelligence tags Duterte a threat to democracy

MANILA — Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte is not an autocrat and is taking seriously a report by the U.S. intelligence community that names the firebrand leader among the threats to democracy in Southeast Asia, his spokesman said on Wednesday. The report, produced by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, places Duterte alongside Cambodia’s […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  interaksyonRelated NewsFeb 22nd, 2018

Palace calls US intel report on Duterte as & apos;myopic, speculative& apos; - Inquirer.net

Palace calls US intel report on Duterte as 'myopic, speculative' - Inquirer.net.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsFeb 21st, 2018

Palace on US intel report: They’re making it hard to be friends

MANILA, Philippines — Malacañang said the United States Intelligence Community report that brands President Rodrigo Duterte as a threat to democracy and huma.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsFeb 21st, 2018