Advertisements


Ombudsman post: Bello disqualified

Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III cannot be appointed or even nominated to the post of ombudsman because of the pending criminal and administrative charges he is facing before the anti-graft agency......»»

Category: newsSource: philstar philstarJun 17th, 2018

Guevarra: Bello disqualified to seek Ombudsman post - Manila Bulletin

Guevarra: Bello disqualified to seek Ombudsman post - Manila Bulletin.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsJul 20th, 2018

Ombudsman post: Bello disqualified

Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III cannot be appointed or even nominated to the post of ombudsman because of the pending criminal and administrative charges he is facing before the anti-graft agency. Source link link: Ombudsman post: Bello disqualified.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsJun 17th, 2018

Ombudsman post: Bello disqualified

Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III cannot be appointed or even nominated to the post of ombudsman because of the pending criminal and administrative charges he is facing before the anti-graft agency......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 17th, 2018

Severe Tropical Storm Inday, Zuckerberg on Holocaust, Liam and Noel Gallagher | Evening wRap

Today on Rappler: More Duterte insults at SONA 2018? 'I’m ready,' says Robredo. Martires, Sandoval short-listed; Bello disqualified for Ombudsman. Zuckerberg at center of Holocaust denial controversy. Liam Gallagher 'forgives' brother Noel, calls for Oasis reunion. More rain on July 21 from Inday-enhanced monsoon......»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJul 20th, 2018

Bello admits bid for Ombudsman post a ‘long shot’

          Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III has admitted that his appointment as the next Ombudsman may be a "long shot."   The Labor chief is currently among the 10 aspirants vying to replace outgoing Ombudsman Conchita Carpio Morales once she retires in July.   "I know that I'm presently a Secretary, and maybe [Duterte] wouldn't like it if I would aspire for another position," Bello said in Filipino during a news forum on Friday.   Bello also admitted that Duterte may not like his application for the position, claiming that he applied for the position at the Judicial and Bar Council (JBC) without telling the...Keep on reading: Bello admits bid for Ombudsman post a ‘long shot’.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 29th, 2018

Ombudsman dismisses cases vs Labor chief

THE Office of the Ombudsman dismissed the criminal and administrative cases against Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello 3rd and other individuals. On Thursday, Ombudsman Conchita Carpio Morales said that the cases were thrown out last week. “Yes it was dismissed for insufficient evidence if I recall it correctly,” Morales told reporters in an interview after she [...] The post Ombudsman dismisses cases vs Labor chief appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsJun 21st, 2018

Profiles of candidates for Ombudsman

NINE individuals have applied for the position of Ombudsman, which Conchita Carpio-Morales would vacate in July. Below are their profiles. LABOR SECRETARY SILVESTRE BELLO 3RD Born on June 23, 1944 in Cagayan Valley. Obtained his Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science at the Manuel L. Quezon University. Received Bachelor of Laws at the Ateneo [...] The post Profiles of candidates for Ombudsman appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsJun 20th, 2018

Ombudman post: Silvestre Bello may still qualify if…

The pending complaints against Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III at the Office of the Ombudsman may only lessen his chances of being appointed as the next ombudsman but won’t totally disqualify him from the race, members of the Judicial and Bar Council said yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 18th, 2018

Woman, 8 men vying for ombudsman post

The Judicial and Bar Council has lined up for interview a woman and eight men, including Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III and Supreme Court Associate Justice Samuel Martires, on June 20 for the post to be vacated by Ombudsman Conchita Carpio-Morales......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 16th, 2018

From DoLE head to Kuwait labor attaché?

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte yesterday said he will assign labor chief Silvestre Bello III, who has applied for the post of Ombudsman, as labor attaché in Kuwait’ Duterte also ruled out politicians – and most especially women – as the Philippines’ next Ombudsman. In a chance interview on Wednesday, Duterte said….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsMay 17th, 2018

Bello keen on taking Ombudsman post

Bello keen on taking Ombudsman post.....»»

Category: entertainmentSource:  pepRelated NewsMay 16th, 2018

Duterte on Philippine Rise, Bello applies for Ombudsman post, Albayalde on barangay officials | Evening wRap

Today on Rappler: President Rodrigo Duterte has advised two assistant secretaries from the Justice Department and the Public Works Department to resign due to alleged corruption.  President Rodrigo Duterte is not pushing through with a plan to ride a jet ski around Philippine Rise or Benham Rise.  A Rappler source says Labor Secretary Silvestre ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsMay 15th, 2018

Labor Secretary Bello applies for Ombudsman post - Rappler

Labor Secretary Bello applies for Ombudsman post - Rappler.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsMay 15th, 2018

Labor Secretary Bello applies for Ombudsman post

  MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III has applied for the post of Ombudsman, a Rappler source confirmed on Tuesday, May 15. This development comes on the last day for applications for the Ombudsman post which will be vacant by July 26. The deadline was set by the ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsMay 15th, 2018

ICUPAO execs indicted for illegal lot award

By: Emme Rose Santiagudo THE Office of the Ombudsman Visayas found probable cause to indict two officials of the Iloilo City Urban Poor Affairs Office (ICUPAO) for violation of Section 3 (e) of Republic Act 3019 (Anti-Graft and Corruption Practices Act). Wilfredo Jurilla and Nelia Secusana were charged before the Sandiganbayan for allegedly manifesting partiality in […] The post ICUPAO execs indicted for illegal lot award appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsOct 20th, 2018

‘WORST CORRUPTION0’: Gov. Defensor faces graft, technical malversation raps

By: Gail T. Momblan FORMAL criminal and administrative complaints were filed against Iloilo Governor Arthur D. Defensor Sr. before the Office of the Ombudsman on Oct 18, 2018 by former provincial administrator Manuel “Boy” Mejorada. Defensor faces offenses on technical malversation of public funds under Article 220 of the Revised Penal Code, violation of  the Anti-graft […] The post ‘WORST CORRUPTION0’: Gov. Defensor faces graft, technical malversation raps appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsOct 19th, 2018

Carpio seeking CJ post

  Senior Associate Justice Antonio Carpio has accepted his automatic nomination to the post of Chief Justice vacated by Teresita Leonardo-De Castro who retired last week.   The Supreme Court public information office, quoting Carpio's head of staff, lawyer Teresa Sibulo, said Carpio had already sent his acceptance letter to the Judicial and Bar Council (JBC).   The JBC is the constitutional body tasked to screen and vet nominees for top positions in the judiciary and the Office of the Ombudsman. The council must come up with at least three nominees, from which the President will make his pick.   But another senior member of the high court, Ass...Keep on reading: Carpio seeking CJ post.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsOct 13th, 2018

Why past nuisance candidates can attempt to run every election

The self-proclaimed—that is, imagined—husband of Kris Aquino was unfazed when he filed his candidacy for senator in next year’s mid-term polls despite several failed attempts in previous years. Magtira sought to run twice in the past, including for the post of president, but the Commission on Elections disqualified him as a “nuisance candidate.” In the […] The post Why past nuisance candidates can attempt to run every election appeared first on Interaksyon......»»

Category: newsSource:  interaksyonRelated NewsOct 12th, 2018

Andaya says SALN complaint ‘an ongoing hatchet’ job

THE TRUTH & Justice Coalition on Tuesday filed a complaint before the Office of the Ombudsman against House Majority Leader Rolando G. Andaya Jr. and his wife over alleged dishonesty in their Statement of Assets, Liabilities and Networth (SALN). The post Andaya says SALN complaint ‘an ongoing hatchet’ job appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsOct 9th, 2018

Ombudsman orders Mocha Uson to comment on complaint over federalism video

THE Office of the Ombudsman ordered resigned Communications assistant secretary Esther Margaux “Mocha” Uson to explain or comment on the complaint filed against her over a sign-language video and reports it received in connection with a “federalism jingle” video. “Thus, you are directed to submit a written explanation/comment on the said complaint and reports pursuant [...] The post Ombudsman orders Mocha Uson to comment on complaint over federalism video appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimesRelated NewsOct 4th, 2018