Advertisements


No more ASEAN lanes along EDSA, Roxas Blvd – MMDA

MANILA, Philippines – The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) on  Wednesday morning, November 15, ended the implementation of the special lanes for the 31st Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Summit and Related Meetings. In a message to reporters, MMDA spokesperson Celine Pialago confirmed that there would be no more ASEAN lanes along ........»»

Category: newsSource: rappler rapplerNov 15th, 2017

MMDA removes ASEAN lanes from EDSA

MMDA removes ASEAN lanes from EDSA.....»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsNov 15th, 2017

MMDA announces Edsa traffic rerouting for people power celebration

        A portion of Edsa will be closed to motorists on Sunday for the celebration of the 32nd anniversary of the Edsa People Power Revolution, the Metro Manila Development Authority(MMDA) announcedon Friday.   The celebration will be onFebruary 25,Sunday, with the theme "Edsa 2018: Effecting Change Towards Strengthened Democracy."   The MMDA announced that the Ortigas Avenue to northbound Santolan will be partially closed from 12 a.m. to 6 a.m.   "Two outer lanes will be closed to vehicular traffic while three inner lanes from Edsa-Ortigas flyover will still be passable to motorists up to Aguinaldo Gate," the agency s...Keep on reading: MMDA announces Edsa traffic rerouting for people power celebration.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsFeb 23rd, 2018

MMDA wants speed limit cut to 50 kph in 4 major Metro Manila roads

      Four other major roads in the metropolis would soon have reduced speed limits to 50 kilometers per hour (kph) from 60 kph, the Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) announced on Thursday.   This came after the MMDA has declared a similar plan to reduce the speed limit on Edsa also to 50 kph from 60 kph in a bid to lower occurrences of vehicular accidents.   In a press conference, MMDA Asst. Gen. Manager Jojo Garcia said the 50 kph-speed limit would soon be implemented on Commonwealth Avenue, Quezon Avenue, C.P. Garcia Avenue (C5) and Roxas Boulevard.   All vehicles would be covered by the impending speed limit cut. &nb...Keep on reading: MMDA wants speed limit cut to 50 kph in 4 major Metro Manila roads.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 7th, 2017

Strict implementation of rules on yellow, motorcycle lanes moved to Nov. 22

The MMDA announced that the strict implementation of the rules on the use of yellow and motorcycle lanes along EDSA has been moved to Wednesday (November 22) next week. #BeFullyInformed Strict implementation of rules on yellow, motorcycle lanes moved to Nov. 22 Source link: Strict implementation of rules on yellow, motorcycle lanes moved to Nov. 22.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsNov 18th, 2017

MMDA to strictly implement EDSA lanes

MMDA to strictly implement EDSA lanes.....»»

Category: newsSource:  cnnphilippinesRelated NewsNov 18th, 2017

BAWAL PASAWAY | MMDA to strictly enforce motorcycle lane starting Nov. 20

MMDA will strictly enforce the 'yellow' and motorcycle lanes along Epifanio delos Santos Ave. (EDSA) starting Monday (November 20)......»»

Category: newsSource:  interaksyonRelated NewsNov 18th, 2017

Good luck, MMDA tells Isabel Lopez for bagging TV, movie deals after Edsa stunt

  The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) wishes beauty queen-actress Maria Isabel Lopez all the luck in the world after she supposedly hogged TV and movie deals following her intrusion into the lane designated for Asean delegates last week. "Good for her. I wish her all good (sic) luck in the world," Jojo Garcia, MMDA assistant general manager for planning, told reporters on Friday. On her Facebook post, Lopez bragged that she received "too many offers" after she disregarded traffic signs along the southbound lane of Edsa last Saturday and tricked MMDA enforcers into thinking that she was an Asean delegate. Transport and security officials called her stunt...Keep on reading: Good luck, MMDA tells Isabel Lopez for bagging TV, movie deals after Edsa stunt.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 17th, 2017

MMDA to riders on EDSA: Stay on motorcycle lanes starting November 22

MANILA, Philippines – Starting Wednesday, November 22, the Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) will strictly enforce the motorcycle lane policy on EDSA. The MMDA announced  on Friday, November 17, that it will conduct a two-day dry-run of the implementation of the of motorcycle lanes or blue lanes along EDSA on November 20 ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsNov 17th, 2017

After being cyberbullied, Isabel Lopez gets windfall of showbiz offers

New soap, two new movies - these were but some of the projects that former beauty queen and actress Maria Isabel Lopez bagged after drawing flak from netizens for using the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) lane last week.   Lopez said she had received "too many offers" after being bashed for admitting on social media that she removed the divider cones separating the Asean and open lanes on Edsa during the monster traffic jamon Saturday.   "Too many offers---tv guestings, new soap, 2 new movies for 2018, on top of the one I'm producing.. plus a new International film to be shot in Japan etc.. I'm booked guys till 2019.. haaay naku.. Bashers, why did...Keep on reading: After being cyberbullied, Isabel Lopez gets windfall of showbiz offers.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 16th, 2017

WATCH | LTO gives Isabel Lopez 3 days to explain ASEAN Lanes stunt; MMDA wants license cancelled - InterAksyon

WATCH | LTO gives Isabel Lopez 3 days to explain ASEAN Lanes stunt; MMDA wants license cancelled - InterAksyon.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsNov 14th, 2017

Actress Maria Isabel Lopez to be penalized for using ASEAN lane

By Chad de Guzman/CNN Philippines – Transport authorities are preparing sanctions for actress Maria Isabel Lopez after she drove on EDSA lanes reserved for the 31st Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Summit and Related Meetings. Lopez on Saturday evening posted a video and photos on her Instagram and Facebook Read more ».....»»

Category: newsSource:  thepinoyRelated NewsNov 13th, 2017

MMDA files complaint vs Maria Isabel Lopez for breaching ASEAN lane

MANILA, Philippines – The Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) formally filed a complaint on Monday, November 13, against actress and Binibining Pilipinas Universe 1982 Maria Isabel Lopez for using the ASEAN lanes. The MMDA asked Land Transportation Office (LTO) chief Edgar Galvante to revoke Lopez's driver's license and to impose fines on the ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsNov 13th, 2017

DOTr orders LTO to file case vs Isabel Lopez; MMDA recommends license cancellation

(UPDATE - 11:24 a.m.) The Department of Transportation has ordered the Land Transportation Office to file a complaint against actress and former beauty queen Maria Isabel Lopez for removing traffic cones and then driving through the restricted ASEAN lane along EDSA......»»

Category: newsSource:  interaksyonRelated NewsNov 13th, 2017

EDSA parking lot : Commuters endure traffic ahead of ASEAN Summit

MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – Angry commuters and motorists complained of being "trapped" in traffic congestion along EDSA on Saturday, November 11, two days before the 31st Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Summit. Some netizens reported being stuck for hours in EDSA as only two lanes were open for public ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsNov 11th, 2017

MMDA: Avoid Edsa despite opening of northbound Asean lane

Motorists along the northbound lane of Edsa could heave a sigh of relief as the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) opened to motorists on Saturday night the exclusive lane for delegates attending the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) Summit. On the recommendation of the Asean security and traffic committees, the MMDA allowed motorists at 6 p.m. to use the Asean lane, which for most of the day was closed off, causing traffic to almost ground to a halt. At 5 p.m., traffic along the northbound lane stretched from Mall of Asia in Pasay City to Balintawak in Quezon City. But Bong Nebrija, MMDA operations supervisor, advised motorists to still avoid Edsa...Keep on reading: MMDA: Avoid Edsa despite opening of northbound Asean lane.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 11th, 2017

MMDA to use Roxas Blvd. service road

MMDA to use Roxas Blvd. service road.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsDec 5th, 2016

RUSH HOUR RELIEF | MMDA to allow motorcycles on EDSA, C5 innermost lanes

RUSH HOUR RELIEF | MMDA to allow motorcycles on EDSA, C5 innermost lanes.....»»

Category: newsSource:  interaksyonRelated NewsNov 17th, 2016

MMDA: Road works set along EDSA, C-5 - Inquirer.net

MMDA: Road works set along EDSA, C-5 - Inquirer.net.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsJun 15th, 2018

Floodwaters inundate NCR streets due to heavy rain

        Several streets in different Metro Manila areas were submerged by floodwaters on Saturday brought about by enhanced monsoon rains, according to the Metropolitan Manila Development Agency (MMDA).   On its Twitter feed, the MMDA said that Kalayaan Avenue and Maharlika Street adjacent to the Elliptical Road and Biak na Bato Road corner Don Manuel Street in Quezon City experience gutter-deep waters.   The agency later added that a portion of East Avenue in front of the National Kidney Institute and a segment of the southbound lane of EDSA-Tramo in Pasay were also affected by gutter-deep floodwaters.   In an earlier ...Keep on reading: Floodwaters inundate NCR streets due to heavy rain.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 9th, 2018

Palace: Phl not taking soft stance on China

The Palace denied it is going soft on China amid reports of a resumption of build-up over disputed portions of the South China Sea (SCS) that foreign ministers of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) have criticized. Presidential spokesman Harry Roque said the Philippines shares Asean leaders’ concern regarding China’s aggressive actions on what is said to be the world’s busiest waterways.The recently concluded Asean foreign and defense ministers in Singapore issued a statement that did not name China but said that “land reclamations and activities in the area . . . have eroded trust and confidence, increased tensions and may undermine peace, security and stability in the region.” The Asean ministers resolved to expedite the code of conduct (CoC) on how to negotiate with China regarding overlapping maritime claims.“Asean’s concern on the Chinese build-up is right because Asean, as a regional bloc, wants to adhere to discussions pertaining to the code of conduct,” Roque said.“We cannot be not joining the call because the Philippines is one of those concerned in this campaign,” he added.Roque also disputed views that Manila is not among those insistent in pressing Beijing to speed up the CoC drafting. “We are not being too soft (on China) but we have an established policy on that. Number one, of course, is we are one with Asean in recognizing that this is a concern for all Asean countries. Particularly that of the freedom of navigation in the West Philippine Sea,” Roque said.“Our common concern is peace security and stability in one of the world’s busiest sea lanes,” he added.During Manila’s hosting of the Asean last year, President Duterte did not cite the Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA) ruling that nullified Beijing’s sweeping claim over nearly the entire South China Sea.It was the Philippine government that contested China’s nine-dash-line claim before the Hague court. China, however, refuses to recognize it.Apart from the Philippines, other Asean countries also have overlapping claims at the South China Sea including Vietnam, Malaysia and Brunei.Reclamation to continueChina in its known mouthpiece Global Times said Beijing is concentrating on civil and not military construction on islands in the South China Sea but insisted that the Chinese “will expand land reclamation.”“Most of the construction on islands in the South China Sea were completed in 2015 and the pace then slowed. Civilian facility construction is the major focus of the South China Sea islands building and the portion of defense deployment is relatively small,” Global Times quoted Chen Xiangmiao, a research fellow at the National Institute for the South China Sea.The size of some South China Sea islands will be further expanded in future through more dredging in the South China Sea region, Chen said.The relationship between China and other Southeast Asian countries, such as the Philippines, has becalmed in recent years, providing a golden opportunity for China to upgrade these areas, he said.China and the Philippines are enjoying good terms as President Rodrigo Duterte maintains a friendly policy toward China, Chen said. “But there is still some domestic pressure that urges Duterte to take a tough stance on China and the South China Sea issue,” Chen said.Foreign media like to hype China’s construction in the South China Sea as they try to make excuses to prevent China’s activities in this region, Zhuang Guotu, head of Xiamen University’s Southeast Asian Studies Center, told the Global Times.“China has the right to build whatever it needs within its territory,” Zhuang said.China’s military deployment in the South China Sea region was “not for military expansion,” but to defend its security and interests, he said.Zhuang and Chen warned the US is the biggest threat to stability in the South China Sea.“The US, Australia, Japan and other allies will constantly provoke China over this issue and that will incite other neighboring South China Sea countries to do the same,” Zhuang said.China’s construction projects in the region covered about 290,000 square meters in 2017, including new facilities for underground storage, administrative buildings and large radar, according to a report released in December on the nanhai.haiwainet.cn website run by the National Marine Data and Information Service and People’s Daily Overseas edition. No foreign vessels at BenhamThe Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) has not monitored any foreign vessels at the Philippine Rise, formerly known as Benham Rise, during its latest patrol in the area. Lt. Col. Isagani Nato, AFP-Northern Luzon Command (Nolcom) spokesman, said that based on the latest patrol conducted by Nolcom troops, there was no presence of foreign ships at Philippine Rise.“As of now, we don’t have a report that there is presence (of foreign vessels) in Benham Rise,” said Nato.Earlier, Agriculture Secretary Emmanuel Piñol announced that President Duterte has banned foreign ships at the Philippine Rise and ordered the military to patrol the area.The announcement came following an uproar from government critics after the Duterte administration allowed the Chinese to conduct scientific research at the Philippine Rise.Nato, however, said that Nolcom is yet to receive official order regarding the matter.But Nato maintained that with or without the latest directive, Nolcom has regularly conducted air and maritime patrols along Philippine Rise.Apart from Nolcom, the Air Force and the Philippine Navy, Nato said that the Philippine Coast Guard, the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) and the Philippine National Police-Maritime Group (PNP-MG) also conduct their own patrol in the area.He said the Nolcom uses air and naval assets of the Navy and the Air Force units under its jurisdiction.“We conduct our patrols regularly. It is a mandate of Nolcom forces so that is continuous with or without the directive from higher ups,” said Nato.According to Nato, Nolcom conducts three to four maritime and air patrol at Philippine Rise per month as part of the government efforts to secure the country’s maritime domain.ML ruling lauded, hitThe Supreme Court’s (SC) decision to uphold Mr. Duterte’s year-long martial law extension in Mindanao also drew mixed reactions.The High Court on Tuesday voted 10-5 junking militant groups’ petition and finding “sufficient factual basis” to extend martial law and suspend the privilege of wirt of habeas corpus in Mindanao until December 31, 2018.Roque welcomed the ruling saying that it affirms the need to continue protecting citizens from the threat of terrorist groups, primarily Islamic State (IS)-inspired fanatics.But for Left-leaning groups who petitioned the SC to lift martial law, the court decision opens up more crackdowns and human rights violations.The Palace official has insisted that human rights will be respected amid security operations.“The SC ruling underscores the unity of the whole government in its bid to defeat terrorism and prevent the spread in other parts of the country of DIWW and other like-minded local and foreign terrorist groups,” Roque said.“The majority of votes is a manifestation of confidence on law enforcement agencies that they shall, like they had been doing before, continue to protect our people, secure Mindanao, and pursue the bigger task of rehabilitation while upholding the rule of law, Human Rights, and International Humanitarian Law,” he added.Human rights watchdog Karapatan sees the contrary in the government’s motives, saying that the year-long military rule will boost attacks on the people.The continuous implementation of martial law in Mindanao will allow the unhampered massive rehabilitation in war-torn Marawi City and boost the security forces campaign to finish off the rebellion, the Department of National Defense (DND) said. In a statement, Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana said that the Supreme Court’s decision affirming the constitutionality of the one-year extension of martial law in Mindanao will definitely boost government efforts to rebuild Marawi City and address continuing rebellion.The defense chief welcomed the SC decision as a vote of confidence to the government security forces.“The DND – AFP is grateful for the trust and confidence of our public institutions and the support of the Filipino people,” said Lorenzana. Mario J. Mallari.....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsJun 7th, 2018