Advertisements


Jee Ick-Joo murder witness ordered freed

A PAMPANGA COURT granted a petition of a police officer who is a state witness in the October 2016 kidnap and murder of South Korean businessman Jee Ick-joo to be released from the restrictive custody of the Philippine National Police (PNP) Anti-Kidnapping Group......»»

Category: financeSource: bworldonline bworldonlineFeb 12th, 2019

P2M reward offered to solve murder of Pangasinan ex-dad

  DAGUPAN CITY---- A P2.3 million reward is now being offered for any information that will help solve the murder of former Bayambang town Councilor Levin Uy, who was gunned down while jogging at 7 a.m. on Friday (Nov. 16). "I am putting up P2 million to reward the one who killed (Uy) and he can be a state witness and disclose who ordered the killing," said Bayambang Mayor Cesar Quiambao during a Friday afternoon news conference. Uy had worked for Quaimbao for 18 years and was in charge of some of the mayor's businesses and foundation. He was also the mayor's political strategist. Quaimbao said the killing was politically motivated, and an "act of desperation by persons ...Keep on reading: P2M reward offered to solve murder of Pangasinan ex-dad.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 17th, 2018

Mayor linked to solon’s slay freed on bail

  LEGAZPI CITY --- A mayor suspected of plotting the murder of Ako Bicol Rep. Rodel Batocabe in December last year walked out of his detention cell on Wednesday after posting P3-million bail on charges of illegal possession of firearms and explosives.   Mayor Carlwyn "Awin" Baldo of Daraga town in Albay province was arrested by Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) officers, who raided his house in Barangay Tagas, Daraga, on Jan. 22.   The next day, Baldo was taken to the University of Santo Tomas Hospital here when he suffered an asthma attack and hypertension while in CIDG custody. He was brought back to the Legazpi police station for deten...Keep on reading: Mayor linked to solon’s slay freed on bail.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsFeb 14th, 2019

Court orders release of Jee Ick-joo kidnap-slay witness

A court in Pampanga has ordered the release of a state witness in the kidnapping and killing of South Korean businessman Jee Ick-joo......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsFeb 12th, 2019

Ma of 17-year-old ‘Tokhang’ victim files murder raps vs. police

"The person who pulled the trigger is not the only one at fault. The one who ordered the killing is equally guilty." -- Maria Kristina C. Conti, secretary general of the NUPL-NCR The post Ma of 17-year-old ‘Tokhang’ victim files murder raps vs. police appeared first on Bulatlat......»»

Category: newsSource:  bulatlatRelated NewsFeb 7th, 2019

Get brains in Crisell Beltran’s murder, Quezon City police told

Quezon City Mayor Herbert Bautista ordered yesterday the city police to conduct a thorough investigation to determine who ordered the killing of barangay captain and congressional candidate Crisell Beltran......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsFeb 7th, 2019

PNP axes Nueva Vizcaya police execs for ‘lapses’ in probe of Malayao slay

  MANILA, Philippines --- Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Oscar Albayalde has ordered the relief of the director of the Nueva Viscaya police and the chief of Aritao police for "apparent lapses" in investigating the murder of a National Democratic Front of the Philippines (NDFP) consultant.   In a statement on Friday, PNP spokesperson Senior Supt. Bernard Banac said Albayalde has ordered the relief of Senior Supt. Jeremias Aglugub, director of the Nueva Viscaya Police Provincial Office, and Chief Insp. Geovanni Cejes, chief of the Aritao Municipal Police Station.   According to Banac, evidence taken from the scene where NDFP peace cons...Keep on reading: PNP axes Nueva Vizcaya police execs for ‘lapses’ in probe of Malayao slay.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsFeb 1st, 2019

Angelina Jolie to star in ‘Those Who Wish Me Dead’

It is the second film from actor and director Taylor Sheridan, Oscar nominated with his screenplay for "Hell or High Water", and Angelina Jolie is expected to take the lead role in the thriller "Those Who Wish Me Dead". Based on the novel by Michael Koryta, "Those Who Wish Me Dead" promises a story about a young teenager taken into witness protection after witnessing a brutal murder. The couple that looks after him run a youth-oriented wilderness excursion program, leaving the boy plenty of time to hike the Montana mountains and try to deal with the aftershock of that horrific event. Trouble is upon him again soon enough, as the twin killers whose act he witnessed are tracki...Keep on reading: Angelina Jolie to star in ‘Those Who Wish Me Dead’.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 29th, 2019

Cops nabbed alleged hit man in murders of Maguindanao engineers

COTABATO CITY -- Police in Maguindanao announced Monday they had arrested over the weekend a man allegedly hired to kill two engineers in Datu Montawal town. Town police head Chief Insp. Erwin Tabora said Ehsan Ali, a resident of Barangay Pagagawan, Datu Montawal, admitted he murdered the two engineers in exchange for money. "He admitted to the crimes after being paid to do the job," Tabora said. Ali was the primary suspect in the murder last year of Datu Montawal Engr. Mustapha Andoy. He allegedly received P200,000 for killing the municipal engineer, but did not name who ordered him to do it. Tabora said Ali also admitted he ambushed Engr. Joseph Adam of Malitubog-Maridagao ...Keep on reading: Cops nabbed alleged hit man in murders of Maguindanao engineers.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 28th, 2019

QCPD orders thorough probe into killing of cop

MANILA, Philippines --- Chief Supt. Joselito Esquivel Jr., director of the Quezon City Police District, on Saturday ordered a "thorough investigation" into the killing of a police officer. Esquivel identified the victim as PO1 Crispin Cartagenas, 41, who was assigned at the QCPD Headquarters Support Unit. At the time of the incident, however, it was not yet established that the man was a police officer. READ:Man shot in front of fast food restaurant in Quezon City A witness, Purisima Buenaventura, related what she saw of the shooting, which took place on Friday, at around 5:45 p.m. Buenaventura said she was waiting for aride in front of a fast food store on Kamias Road nea...Keep on reading: QCPD orders thorough probe into killing of cop.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 26th, 2019

‘Biased’ fiscal to testify in Carl-Kulot murder trial

The Caloocan prosecutor who became controversial for his apparent bias in the case of slain teenager Kian delos Santos is being eyed as a defense witness in the murder case of Carl Angelo Arnaiz and Reynaldo “Kulot” de Guzman......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 26th, 2019

A case of illegal arrest and a trumped-up charge

Almost a year after their warrantless arrest, detention and prosecution for alleged illegal possession of firearms and explosives, on Jan. 15 Rafael Baylosis and Roque Guillermo were ordered freed by a Quezon City court......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 19th, 2019

Rodel Batocabe slay whistle-blower gets P20 million

The witness who blew the whistle in the murder of Ako Bicol congressman Rodel Batocabe last month is now P20 million richer, courtesy of the bounty President Duterte offered for anybody who could provide leads for the immediate arrest of the assailants......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 18th, 2019

ICC halts release of Ivory Coast s Gbagbo

THE HAGUE, Netherlands – The International Criminal Court on Wednesday, January 16, dashed Ivory Coast ex-president Laurent Gbagbo's hopes of a swift release following his acquittal on charges of crimes against humanity. Trial judges had earlier ordered Gbagbo and his right-hand man Charles Ble Goude to be immediately freed after ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJan 17th, 2019

6 prime suspects, key witness in Batocabe slay in police custody

MANILA, Philippines – Six prime suspects and a key witness in the double murder case of AKO Bicol Representative Rodel Batocabe and his aide Senior Police Officer 1 Orlando Diaz are now in police custody. Philippine National Police chief Director General Oscar Albayalde announced this on Saturday, January 5, after ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJan 5th, 2019

Charles Manson follower, murderer recommended for parole

    SACRAMENTO, Calif. --- A California parole panel on Thursday recommended for the first time that Charles Manson follower Robert Beausoleil be freed after serving nearly a half-century in prison for murder.   Beausoleil, 71, was not involved in the most notorious killings of actress Sharon Tate and six others by the Manson "family" in 1969. He was convicted in the slaying of musician Gary Hinman that same year.   Hinman was tortured for three days, according to testimony at previous parole hearings, including when Manson cut his face with a sword.   Parole panels ruled against releasing Beausoleil 18 prior times.   Califo...Keep on reading: Charles Manson follower, murderer recommended for parole.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 4th, 2019

Saudi king orders major government reshuffle

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia – King Salman of Saudi Arabia ordered a major government reshuffle on Thursday, December 27, replacing the ministers of foreign affairs and information, a royal decree said. The shake up comes as the kingdom grapples with international outrage over the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi , a scandal that ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsDec 27th, 2018

Faeldon’s son freed

he alleged drug den was reportedly operated by the father of his girlfriend. But Nicanor Faeldon Jr., son and namesake of Bureau of Corrections Director Nicanor Faeldon, has been ordered freed from jail by the city prosecutor’s office here......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 23rd, 2018

Duterte orders cops, soldiers to ‘reasses’ anti-illegal drug operations

  President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday ordered the police and military to "reasses" their operations related to the government's war on drugs and criminality.   Duterte made the remark after three police officers involved in the killing of 17-year-old Kian delos Santos were found guilty of murder by a Caloocan City Regional Trial Court (RTC).   "Kayong mga human rights, give me a good reason why I should not declare war on you. Sinabi ko naman sa pulis, huwag kayong mag abuso. You can kill them legally, and why do you have to kill them illegally? If you are there, in the performance of your duty and there is only one instance where you can kill, really ki...Keep on reading: Duterte orders cops, soldiers to ‘reasses’ anti-illegal drug operations.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 3rd, 2018

Senate cites in contempt 4 linked to drug smuggling

  Sen. Richard Gordon cited in contempt four personalities being linked to "shabu" smuggling in the country for being no-shows at the Senate blue ribbon committee hearing on the issue on Thursday.   Cited in contempt were former police official Eduardo Acierto, former Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) Deputy Director General Ismael Fajardo and two officials of trading company SMYD---Marina Signapan and Emily Laquingan.   Consignee   Former customs intelligence officer and now Senate witness Jimmy Guban had pointed to Acierto as the one who ordered him to look for a consignee for imported magnetic lifters later found in Cavite and belie...Keep on reading: Senate cites in contempt 4 linked to drug smuggling.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 22nd, 2018

Ex-BOC intel officer in P11-B ‘shabu’ scandal now under DOJ custody

Resigned Customs intelligence officer Jimmy Guban is now placed under the government's witness protection program (WPP). Senate President Vicente "Tito" Sotto III confirmedthat Gubanwas turnedover Thursday to the Department of Justice (DOJ). "Yes. As ordered by theBlue Ribbon," Sotto said in a text message,when asked about Guban's transfer to the DOJ. The Senate leader was referring to the Senate blue ribbon committeechaired by Senator Richard Gordon that has been conductingan inquiryinto the alleged P11 billion worth of shabu smuggled into the country via concealment in several magnetic lifters. Sottosaid Senate Sergeant at Arms Jose Balajadia informed him about the transfer of Guba...Keep on reading: Ex-BOC intel officer in P11-B ‘shabu’ scandal now under DOJ custody.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 1st, 2018