Advertisements


German Playboy to feature 1st transgender model on cover

BERLIN — The German edition of Playboy magazine says it will feature a transgender model on its cover for the first time......»»

Category: newsSource: philstar philstarJan 9th, 2018

Strife remains despite joint plea on recount

By Charlie V. Manalo and Pat C. Santos A day after a joint manifestation was signed by the camp of former Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos, it has become evident that Vice President Maria Leonor Robredo is not willing to withdraw her pending motions before the Presidential Electoral Tribunal (PET), Marcos’ spokesman lawyer Vic Rodriguez said.Marcos personally signed the document “withdrawing all and any pending motions relative to his election protest” but it was Robredo’s counsel, election lawyer Romulo Macalintal who signed for the Vice President.Rodriguez stressed Robredo has no intention of withdrawing her pending motions because she did not sign the joint motion that her lawyer presented to media. Macalintal, however, said the Vice President is heeding the challenge “in withdrawing all motions before PET to pave the way for a ballot recount.” “We accept the challenge of Mr. Marcos and his lawyer to sign a joint motion to withdraw any and all pending motions and incidents at the Presidential Electoral Tribunal which may cause the delay of the recount of ballots from the pilot provinces of Camarines Sur, Iloilo and Negros Oriental,” Romulo Macalintal, Robredo lead counsel said in a statement.Rodriguez in his joint motion, however, said only the name of Robredo’s counsel, lawyer Romulo Macalintal, appeared on the document.“A joint manifestation is a major pleading and it cannot be done through counsel alone. It should also be signed by the client because it needs his or her conformity. Since Mrs. Robredo did not sign the pleading together with her lawyer, it is obvious that she has no intention to withdraw her motions,” Rodriguez said.According to Rodriguez, the absence of Robredo’s signature puts into question her sincerity to hasten the pace of the electoral ‘Robredo can disown motion’ It likewise casts doubt on the authority of Macalintal who signed the motion. Robredo could later on even disown the motion because it was made without her conformity.“Without Mrs. Robredo’s signature, the motion is a mere scrap of paper and may be later disowned by her as having been signed without her authority. It seems that she merely wants to think fraudulently,” Rodriguez said.Rodriguez also questioned the joint motion prepared by Macalintal saying the same only covered pending motions and not future motions that may delay the proceedings. He said Marcos’ joint manifestation was more sincere because it covered both present and future motions in the election proceedings.“Atty. Macalintal is saying they are withdrawing but if you will read their joint motion, it only pertains to pending motions and not to future motions. In our case, it is all encompassing, from pending to future motions. Why are they backing out?” Rodriguez remarked.Rodriguez also took exception to the assertion made by Macalintal in his joint motion that Marcos has a pending “Partial Motion for Reconsideration” dated December 4, 2017 asking the PET to reconsider its earlier ruling allowing them to secure soft copies of the ballot images.Rodriguez pointed out that the said Partial Motion for Reconsideration had already been resolved by the Tribunal in its Resolution dated January 10, 2018.“It seems Atty. Macalintal has not studied the case of his client because that was resolved a long time ago. And he should know there are pending motions before the PET,” Rodriguez stated.Rodriguez also emphasized that if Macalintal was indeed serious about withdrawing all motions, he should have done it through the official route and not meet in a fast food restaurant for the signing.“Signing a major pleading in a pizza restaurant shows an utter lack of respect for the judicial process. There is a proper way to do things and this involves going to the law office of your opposing counsel and handing over the proper documents to them,” Rodriguez said.This is the reason, he pointed out, the Marcos camp went to the law office of Macalintal and his co-counsel Ma. Bernadette Sardillo located at Ortigas Avenue in Pasig City. According to Rodriguez, they went there first thing in the morning yesterday to give them the complete set of copies of the joint manifestation signed by Marcos and his counsel, George Garcia, together with the corresponding cover letter.“The challenge to meet at a fast food restaurant is unbecoming of an officer of the Court. It is unlawyerly and at most more of a publicity stunt. We hope the other camp has the decency to act accordingly,” Rodriguez said.“It appears that Atty. Macalintal wants to pull fast one on the public with his publicity stunt. As far as we are concerned, the joint motion he signed has no binding effect because it was not signed by his client. For all Macalintal’s protestations, our joint manifestation is ready for him and Mrs. Robredo to sign,” said Rodriguez. “We are still waiting.” Rodriguez said. Macalintal issues own challenge“I am inviting Mr. Marcos and his lawyer today at 9 a.m. to sign a joint motion. This is to confirm that we are not causing the delay in the recount of ballots,” Macalintal added.“It is Mr. Marcos’ raising of baseless allegations and irrelevant issues that is causing the delay in the recount,” he noted.“To remove all of these accusations flying back and forth I reiterate my challenge withdraw all your motions that could serve to delay the recount, I will withdraw all my motions that has been pending so that there will be no outstanding issues, no instances that needs to be studied by the Tribunal so that we can proceed to the opening and counting of the ballots,” Marcos said in a press conference last January 29 in Manila.“That has been my contention since May 10 of 2016 until now. It has been the same, I have been consistent, I reissue the challenge to Mrs. Robredo, withdraw all your motions, I will withdraw all of mine and let us proceed with the recount,” Marcos added.Marcos issued the challenged to stop the “delaying” issues being thrown by both camps to each other.At the same time, the vice presidential candidate in the May 2016 polls bared “solid and incontrovertible” evidence of massive fraud that transpired during the national and local elections held nearly two years ago.Marcos questioned the presence of square shapes in the ballot images instead of the oval shapes which voters shaded for their choice of candidates.“When we voted, we had the oval shapes. How come in the ballot images, the ovals are gone and instead we have the squares. What does this mean?” he said.He added, “(w)e could see based on the election results summary that the squares indicated the candidates that were voted upon. But this is a new feature that the Commission on Elections (Comelec) and Smartmatic added in the system and I had been told they did not inform the candidates of the presence of this feature in the images.”But Robredo slammed Marcos’ claims that there were “massive frauds” that transpired in the May 2016 elections.“His remarks are laughing matters as far as I am concerned. If laughter is the best medicine, then we can consider it the best medicine for us for the day,” Macalintal said in a press conference.“The excited and hysterical claim of (Marcos) and his spokesperson Atty. Vic Rodriguez that they allegedly uncovered solid and inconvertible evidence of massive fraud that transpired in the 2016 elections’ based on their own copies of alleged ballot images used in the said election, is highly ridiculous if not outright frivolous,” the lawyer added.Macalintal said Marcos’ claims of discrepancies in the hundreds of decrypted ballot images from Camarines Sur and Negros Oriental only showed that the latter’s protest “is facing its dismissal.”“He has no evidence at all. That is why he is now using evidence outside the election protest that he filed sa Presidential Electoral Tribunal (PET),” he said.Marcos filed the protest on June 29, 2016, claiming that the camp of Robredo cheated in the automated polls in May that year.He sought the annulment of about a million votes cast in three provinces - Lanao del Sur, Basilan and Maguindanao.In his protest, Marcos contested the results in a total of 132,446 precincts in 39,221 clustered precincts covering 27 provinces and cities.In his preliminary conference briefing, Marcos also sought for a recount in Camarines Sur, Iloilo and Negros Oriental.Robredo filed her answer in August last year and filed a counter-protest, questioning the results in more than 30,000 polling precincts in several provinces where Marcos won.She also sought the dismissal of the protest for lack of merit and jurisdiction of PET.The high tribunal, in a ruling earlier last year, junked Robredo’s plea and proceeded with the case after finding the protest sufficient in form and substance.Robredo supposedly won the vice presidential race with 14,418,817 votes or 263,473 more than Marcos’ 14,155,344 votes......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsJun 7th, 2018

Grand Opening Salvo to Signal Start of Cebu Business Month 2018

A star-studded Grand Opening Salvo on June 1 will mark the first day of the Cebu Business Month (CBM) 2018 at the Ayala Terraces. Hosted by Cebu Holdings Inc. (CHI) and Ayala Center Cebu, the Salvo will feature celebrity guest Filipina-French actress, TV host, and model SolennHeussaff. Salvo guests can also expect production numbers from the Loboc […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsMay 30th, 2018

WATCH: Zayn Malik shares video for new track Entertainer

The ex-member of One Direction debuted his latest single on Zane Lowe's Beats 1, reported NME. Malik also treated fans to a sultry new music video which appears to feature model Sofia Jamora,.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsMay 25th, 2018

AI head: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 to feature Bixby 2.0

Gray G. Lee, head of the AI Center under Samsung Research, said Thursday the upcoming flagship Galaxy Note 9 will adopt an upgraded artificial intelligence platform, Bixby 2.0. To the question of the expected launch of Bixby 2.0, Lee told The Korea Herald that the upcoming flagship smartphone model in the second half of the year would feature the advanced Bixby platform, after a press conference to announce Samsung's vision for AI. According to his remarks, Bixby 2.0 will be upgraded with enhanced natural language processes, improved noise resistance capability and quicker response times. Samsung is preparing to unveil the Galaxy Note 9 in August, which will be one of the at...Keep on reading: AI head: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 to feature Bixby 2.0.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 18th, 2018

Tesla with Autopilot slams into truck stopped at red light

  SOUTH JORDAN, Utah, United States --- A Tesla sedan with a semi-autonomous Autopilot feature has rear-ended a fire department truck at 60 mph (97 kph) apparently without braking before impact, but police say it's unknown if the Autopilot feature was engaged. The cause of the Friday evening crash, involving a Tesla Model S and a fire department mechanic truck stopped at a red light, was under investigation, said police in South Jordan, a suburb of Salt Lake City. The crash, in which the Tesla driver was injured, comes as federal safety agencies investigate the performance of Tesla's semi-autonomous driving system. The Tesla's airbags were activated in the crash, Sou...Keep on reading: Tesla with Autopilot slams into truck stopped at red light.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 13th, 2018

Pink leads People’s beautiful issue, Meghan Markle on the list

LOS ANGELES — Pop star Pink graced the cover of People magazine’s annual beautiful people issue on Wednesday, chosen for what the celebrity publication called “a role model who embodies honesty and confidence.” The Grammy-award winning singer, 38, was pictured with her two children, 15-month-old Jameson Moon and Willow Sage, six, in an issue re-named […] The post Pink leads People’s beautiful issue, Meghan Markle on the list appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsApr 19th, 2018

Playboy model free to discuss Trump affair

NEW YORK, USA – A media group agreed to release an ex-Playboy model from a deal that stopped her from discussing an alleged affair with US President Donald Trump , both sides confirmed Wednesday, April 18. The deal was reached between American Media Inc., which owns tabloid magazine The National ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsApr 19th, 2018

Pink leads People’s beautiful issue, Meghan Markle on the list

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Pop star Pink graced the cover of People magazine’s annual beautiful people issue on Wednesday, chosen for what the celebrity publication called “a role model whoThe post Pink leads People’s beautiful issue, Meghan Markle on the list appeared first on DZRH News......»»

Category: newsSource:  dzrhnewsRelated NewsApr 18th, 2018

Feature: Federalism and Its Challenges and Opportunities to Higher Education

“There is no one model of Federalism, there is no one shape of Federalism, there is no one way of going Federal,” Commission on Higher Education (CHED) Officer-In-Charge (OIC) and Commissioner Dr. J Prospero E. De Vera said was the first lesson he wants to impart to the audience during a Symposium. To gain thorough […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsApr 8th, 2018

Ex-Playboy model says Trump tried to pay her for sex

WASHINGTON, D.C.: A Playboy model who says she had a months-long affair with Donald Trump a decade before his election as president told CNN that he tried to pay her for sex. Karen McDougal wants to be released from a $150,000 deal she made in 2016 with American Media Inc, the company that owns the [...] The post Ex-Playboy model says Trump tried to pay her for sex appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsMar 23rd, 2018

Tod’s launches new campaign during Milan Fashion Week

TOD'S is pleased to announce American top model Kendall Jenner and well-known Italian dancer Roberto Bolle as the talents for TOD'S SS18 advertising campaign. An exclusive launch event was held during Milan Fashion Week last January 14, 2018 to reveal the campaign and celebrate the unique Italian lifestyle, with several distinguished guests including American singer Gabriel-Kane Day Lewis, German actor Louis Hofmann, Chinese model Jin Dachua, American British ballet dancer Eric Underwood, American actor Will Peltz, Spanish model Andres Velencoso, Italian actor Lorenzo Richelmy and Chinese actor Hu Yi Tian. In the Philippines, Tod's is exclusively distributed by Stores Speci...Keep on reading: Tod’s launches new campaign during Milan Fashion Week.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMar 22nd, 2018

Stormy waters for Trump as porn star taunts president

LOS ANGELES: Porn star Stormy Daniels teased President Donald Trump Tuesday over their alleged tryst as it emerged she passed a 2011 lie detector test in which she claimed they had unprotected sex. The polygraph results came to light as pressure mounted on the president, with an ex-Playboy model suing to be released from another [...] The post Stormy waters for Trump as porn star taunts president appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsMar 21st, 2018

Catriona, tinawag na ‘diamond’ ng boyfriend

Pagkatapos ng Bb. Pilipinas 2018, kanya-kanyang post ng pagbati ang mga boyfriend ng mga kinoronahang beauty queen sa pangunguna ng Filipino-German model BF ni Catriona Gray (Bb. Pilipinas-Universe) na si Clint Bondad. Napakaganda ng mensahe ni Clint para sa kanyang reyna: “You ABSOLUTELY stood out and literally made history by….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsMar 20th, 2018
Category: lifestyleSource:  abscbnRelated NewsMar 19th, 2018

Calling the shots: Celebrity single mom Aiko Melendez

(Conclusion) I never badmouth their fathers, even though I've gone through a lot of awful situations as a result of being with them," actress Aiko Melendez said of the dads of her son Andrei, 19, and daughter Marthena, 11. "I cover up for their dads, only because I don't want the kids to think less of them," she declared. "I came from a broken family, too. I know how it feels to have so much hatred for your father. That's not a good feeling at all. I don't want my kids to grow up that way." Andrei is the son of actor Jomari Yllana, while Marthena is the daughter of former fashion model Martin Jickain. When it comes to important events in the lives of her children, Aiko sa...Keep on reading: Calling the shots: Celebrity single mom Aiko Melendez.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMar 18th, 2018

28295662309_fa1c08_b – Manila Picture

Image published by Hot Model Transgender Philippine on 2018-02-04 19:45:11 and used under Creative Commons license. Tagged: , gay , boy , transgender , transgendered , transexual , transsexual , ladyboy , femboy , shemale , tranny , t-girl , TS , katoey , khatoey , Chinese , Spanish , Latina , Filipina , Filipino… link: 28295662309_fa1c08_b – Manila Picture.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsMar 15th, 2018

Playing with Douglas 1-16-2018 – Manila Picture

Image published by Hot Model Transgender Philippine on 2018-01-16 13:29:37 and used under Creative Commons license. Tagged: , gay , boy , transgender , transgendered , transexual , transsexual , ladyboy , femboy , shemale , tranny , t-girl , TS , katoey , khatoey , Chinese , Spanish , Latina , Filipina , Filipino… link: Playing with Douglas 1-16-2018 – Manila Picture.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsMar 14th, 2018

vlcsnap-2017-10-15-05h56m03s716 – Manila Picture

Image published by Hot Model Transgender Philippine on 2017-10-18 01:03:39 and used under Creative Commons license. Tagged: , gay , boy , transgender , transgendered , transexual , transsexual , ladyboy , femboy , shemale , tranny , t-girl , TS , katoey , khatoey , Chinese , Spanish , Latina , Filipina , Filipino… link: vlcsnap-2017-10-15-05h56m03s716 – Manila Picture.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsMar 11th, 2018

Video call snapshot 91 – Manila Picture

Image published by Hot Model Transgender Philippine on 2017-04-30 18:07:15 and used under Creative Commons license. Tagged: , Hana , Yamada , Courtney , HANAKIA , kathoey , ladyboy , shemale , transexual , transsexual , transgender , LGBT , Pinoy , Pinay , Filipina , Filipino , Philippines , Manila , Tall , slender… link: Video call snapshot 91 – Manila Picture.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsMar 1st, 2018

What federalism model suits PH?

WHILE lawmakers step on the gas to change the form of government to the federal system, they have yet to present a concrete model. For Iloilo Gov. Arthur Defensor Sr., he personally prefers a mix of American and German versions. “There are governors and Supreme Courts in every state for the American version. Concerns such […] The post What federalism model suits PH? appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsJan 14th, 2018