Advertisements


Duterte: No need for EO to ban casinos in Boracay

CONTRARY to an earlier position taken by the Department of Justice (DoJ), President Rodrigo Duterte on Thursday night said he did not see the need to sign an executive order...READ MORE The post Duterte: No need for EO to ban casinos in Boracay appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource: manilatimes_net manilatimes_netNov 9th, 2018

No need for an EO to ban casinos in Boracay – Duterte - Manila Bulletin

No need for an EO to ban casinos in Boracay – Duterte - Manila Bulletin.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsNov 9th, 2018

Boracay opening, tokhang, Johnny Depp | Evening wRap

Today on Rappler: No casinos in Boracay as island reopens Duterte 'recycled' Lapeña to prevent shabu probe backlash – lawmakers ‘Tokhang’ ang Salita ng Taon 2018 Pentagon to send about 800 troops to US-Mexico border Johnny Depp out of 'Pirates of the Caribbean' franchise – report {module 3998}.....»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsOct 27th, 2018

NO GAMBLING IN PARADISE: DOJ pushes ‘no casino’ EO for Boracay Island

BORACAY, Aklan – President Rodrigo Duterte is still firm on his stance that no casinos – existing or otherwise –would operate in this world-renowned tourist destination. Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra said they are now considering several ways to implement the President’s order against casino operation in Boracay. “But the DOJ has specifically recommended the issuance […] The post NO GAMBLING IN PARADISE: DOJ pushes ‘no casino’ EO for Boracay Island appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsOct 26th, 2018

Pagcor OK with Boracay casino ban

The Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corp. (Pagcor) has no problem cancelling all licenses to operate casinos on Boracay Island, as requested by the Boracay Interagency Task Force and in accordance with the wishes of President Duterte......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 22nd, 2018

Pagcor OK with Boracay casino ban

The Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corp. (Pagcor) has no problem cancelling all licenses to operate casinos on Boracay Island, as requested by the Boracay Interagency Task Force and in accordance with the wishes of President Duterte......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 22nd, 2018

Duterte will never allow a Chinese casino to be built in Boracay — Palace

President Rodrigo Duterte will never allow a Chinese casino to be built on Boracay even after the rehabilitation period of the resort island, Malacaang said on Monday. This is contrary to Leisure and Resorts World Corporation's (LRWC) announcement on Friday, July 27, that the plan to build a 23-hectare casino-resort complex will push through despite the island's closure to tourists. "I don't think any private entity should test the political will of the President on the issue of casinos in Boracay," Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said in a briefing. "The President has said no, and I would hope they would respect that as part of Executive power," he stressed. The Philip...Keep on reading: Duterte will never allow a Chinese casino to be built in Boracay — Palace.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 30th, 2018

Malacañang: No casinos in Boracay, period

MANILA, Philippines – Malacañang released a vaguely worded statement on casinos in Boracay on Tuesday, April 10, after President Rodrigo Duterte denied knowing of a Chinese company's plan to build a casino in the popular island. "Boracay closed to tourists and no casinos in Boracay. Period," said Presidential Spokesperson Harry ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsApr 10th, 2018

The Manila Bay challenge

I KNOW President Rodrigo Duterte is still understandably ecstatic about how he rehabilitated Boracay Island after shutting down the tourist attraction for six months last year. But rehabilitating Manila Bay,…READ The post The Manila Bay challenge appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimesRelated NewsJan 11th, 2019

The Manila Bay challenge | The Manila Times Online

I KNOW President Rodrigo Duterte is still understandably ecstatic about how he rehabilitated Boracay Island after shutting down the tourist attraction for six months last year. But rehabilitating Mani.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsJan 11th, 2019

Duterte threatens closure of establishments polluting Manila Bay

MANILA, Philippines – Just like in Boracay, President Rodrigo Duterte plans to close down establishments, particularly hotels, that allow waste to contaminate Manila Bay. "Do something about your waste there or else I will close it," said Duterte on Tuesday, January 8, during the Barangay Summit on Peace ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJan 8th, 2019

Duterte prohibits police from drinking in public

MANILA, Philippines – After telling police they can no longer enter casinos, President Rodrigo Duterte now also prohibited them from drinking in public. He gave this new order on Tuesday, January 8, in a summit with Metro Manila local officials in Pasay City. "Kayong mga pulis, I'm warning you, ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJan 8th, 2019

A la Boracay Manila Bay rehab | Philstar.com

Long before President Rodrigo Duterte called the seawaters of Boracay as cesspool in describing one of the countrys most popular tourist destinations, another famous landmark in the Philippines was on.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsJan 6th, 2019

A la Boracay Manila Bay rehab

Long before President Rodrigo Duterte called the seawaters of Boracay as “cesspool” in describing one of the country’s most popular tourist destinations, another famous landmark in the Philippines was once dubbed in 2005 by a government environment official as one “big sewer.”.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 20th, 2018

Duterte OKs rehab for Bohol, El Nido

President Duterte has approved the recommendation of the Department of Tourism (DOT) for the massive rehabilitation of tourist spots in Bohol and El Nido in Palawan, following the six-month closure of Boracay in Aklan......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 5th, 2018

Cesspool Boracay reopens: Philippines aims for more Indian tourists

By Lee Kah Whye Singapore, Dec 3 (ANI): In February this year, Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte declared the world-famous island resort of Boracay a "cesspool". True to his all-action image, short.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsDec 3rd, 2018

Cesspool Boracay reopens: Philippines aims for more Indian tourists

By Lee Kah Whye Singapore, Dec 3 (ANI): In February this year, Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte declared the world-famous island resort of Boracay a "cesspool". True to his all-action image, short.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsDec 3rd, 2018

Dismissal awaits cops seen in casinos, Albayalde warns

Police officersseen in casinos and found to be involved in any gambling activity will be dismissed from service, Philippine National Police Chief Director General Oscar Albayalde warned on Monday. His stern warning followed the recent directive of President Rodrigo Duterte ordering police officers to stay out of Okada Manila, a casino and hotel complex in Paraaque City, which he said was "crawling with usurers [and] kidnappers." READ: Duterte orders law enforcers to stay out of Okada Manila "They will face dismissal, minimum iyon (that's minimum), dismissal from service because that is a violation of a direct order," Albayalde told reporters in a press briefing. He said the P...Keep on reading: Dismissal awaits cops seen in casinos, Albayalde warns.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 26th, 2018

Cops told: Avoid casino resort or get dismissed

President Rodrigo Duterte ordered policemen to stay away from a major casino resort in Paraaque City, saying it is rife with the "low life of society."   "That Okada there, I'd like to announce. All of you policemen there, get out. It's crawling with usurers, kidnappers. If I pass there and I see you, I will run over you," he said in a speech in Tanza, Cavite, on Thursday.   "Those casinos there have all the low life of society."   Mr. Duterte, who has been vocal against gambling, said officers seen in the vicinity of the Paraaque casino resort would be dismissed from the service. ---JULIE M. AURELIO...Keep on reading: Cops told: Avoid casino resort or get dismissed.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 23rd, 2018

Ati people receive Boracay land titles

BORACAY ISLAND -- President Rodrigo Roa Duterte kept his promise to implement land reform in Boracay Island when he led the distribution of six Certificates of Land Ownership Awards (CLOA) to 44 me.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsNov 12th, 2018

Duterte tells Palawan: Avoid another Boracay - Philippine Star

Duterte tells Palawan: Avoid another Boracay - Philippine Star.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsNov 12th, 2018