Advertisements


Duterte ipinagtanggol ni Lim

IPINAGTANGGOL kahapon ni dating Manila Mayor Alfredo S. Lim si Pangulong Rodrigo Duterte, na kanyang itinuturing na ‘longtime friend’ at kaalyansa, laban sa mga batikos na ibinabato ng human rights groups, partikular na ng United Nations’ human rights chief. Partikular na binatikos ni Lim ang naging pahayag umano ni UN….....»»

Category: newsSource: journal journalMar 14th, 2018

‘We prosecute people who violate human rights,’ says Palace

MANILA, Philippines --- Malacaang Palace disputed on Monday the remark of Sen. Risa Hontiveros calling President Rodrigo Duterte the "single biggest threat to human rights" in the Philippines. Contrary to criticisms of alleged rising human rights abuses under the Duterte administration, the President respects human rights, presidential spokesperson Salvador Panelo said in a Palace briefing on Monday. "Of course. We've been saying so and we have shown it. We prosecute people who violate human rights," he said. Earlier on Monday, Hontiveros issued a statement to commemorate International Human Rights day, saying that the "President has singlehandedly rolled back human rights s...Keep on reading: ‘We prosecute people who violate human rights,’ says Palace.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated News1 hr. 23 min. ago

LOOK: Order of Pasay Court lifting Trillanes’ arrest warrant 

      The Pasay Regional Trial Court (RTC) on Monday lifted the warrants of arrest against Senator Trillanes IV after he posted bail over the libel suits filed against him.   Trillanes voluntarily appeared before the Pasay RTC Branch 118 to post a P96,000-bail for four arrest warrants in connection with the libel cases filed against him by presidential son and former Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte and his brother-in-law, lawyer Manases Carpio.   READ: Trillanes posts bail in Pasay   READ: Trillanes gets 4 warrants of arrest     Trillanes, after posting bail, was then ordered by the court to "coordinate...Keep on reading: LOOK: Order of Pasay Court lifting Trillanes’ arrest warrant .....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated News1 hr. 23 min. ago

Duterte wants Arroyo to explain alleged P2.4-B ‘pork’ – Panelo

MANILA, Philippines --- President Rodrigo Duterte wants to hear the explanation of Speaker Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo on the alleged pork barrel insertions in the proposed 2019 national budget, Malacaang said Monday. "He (Duterte) said that there will be some explanation on the part of Speaker Arroyo and others. So let's hear them," Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo told reporters in a Palace briefing when asked about the President's stand on the supposed budget insertions. Earlier, Senator Panfilo Lacson revealed that the funds were allocated to Speaker Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, who received P2.4 billion worth of projects, and House Majority Leader Rolando Andaya Jr., P1.9...Keep on reading: Duterte wants Arroyo to explain alleged P2.4-B ‘pork’ – Panelo.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated News1 hr. 23 min. ago

Officials to brief congressmen on 3rd Mindanao martial law extension

  MANILA, Philippines --- The executive department will conduct a security briefing with lawmakers at the House of Representatives as President Rodrigo Duterte has sought to extend martial law in Mindanao until end of 2019.   Thebriefing is set on Tuesday, 11:00 a.m. at the Aquino-Makalintal Hall inside the Batasang Pabansa Complex. It was not clear if the discussion would be open to media coverage.   READ:Duterte wants Mindanao martial law extended by one more year   Earlier Monday, security officials led by Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana, Interior Secretary Eduardo Ao, and Armed Forces of the Philippines chief of staff Gen. Carlito Galve...Keep on reading: Officials to brief congressmen on 3rd Mindanao martial law extension.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated News1 hr. 23 min. ago

Paolo Duterte tagged 3 bishops as destabilizers, but one is non-existent

A priest slammed former Davao Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte’s list of supposed destabilizers that included three bishops and noted that they are already retired, deceased and non-existent, respectively. Father David Reyes of the St. Joseph Patriarch Parish at San Pedro, Laguna accused the presidential son of being “high” on fentanyl, the drug being taken by […] The post Paolo Duterte tagged 3 bishops as destabilizers, but one is non-existent appeared first on Interaksyon......»»

Category: newsSource:  interaksyonRelated News1 hr. 49 min. ago

PRRD Counts on Tourism for Inclusive Growth and Poverty Alleviation

President Rodrigo Roa Duterte on Friday, December 7, reaffirmed the importance of tourism in achieving inclusive growth and reducing poverty by creating more job opportunities for the Filipinos. The Chief Executive made such statement as he graced the launch of the Department of Tourism (DOT) Food and Travel Festival with the theme ‘Kaon Ta!’ at […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated News2 hr. 10 min. ago

President Duterte Vows to Protect OFWs

President Rodrigo Roa Duterte on Wednesday, December 5, assured Overseas Filipinos Workers (OFWs) of the government’s protection underscoring their contributions to national development. Noting that OFWs are considered the modern-day heroes who send multi-billion dollar remittances back home. The President referred to our OFW’s as “the lifeblood of the country.” “As appreciation for all your […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated News2 hr. 10 min. ago

Palace to those in Oust Duterte list: Refute it

Palace to those in Oust Duterte list: Refute it.....»»

Category: entertainmentSource:  pepRelated News3 hr. 10 min. ago

Palace claims Duterte s drug war protects lives on Human Rights Day

The administration of President Rodrigo Duterte said it would remain steadfast in its campaign to rid the country of illegal drugs, crime and corruption as the world celebrated the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated News3 hr. 23 min. ago

Duterte forms task force vs local armed conflict

President Rodrigo Duterte created a national task force that seeks to put an end to local armed conflicts in the country......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated News3 hr. 23 min. ago

Disputed Oust Duterte Movement list is freedom of expression, Palace says

People are free to accuse others of crimes, a Palace spokesman said Monday in reference to a supposed list of people allegedly planning to oust President Rodrigo Duterte that his son briefly posted online......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated News3 hr. 23 min. ago

Duterte cites ongoing rebellion in bid to extend Mindanao martial law

Security assessment by the police and military indicate that rebellion still persists in Mindanao, hence the need for the extension of martial law in the entire region, President Rodrigo Duterte told Congress......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated News3 hr. 23 min. ago

Duterte ‘single biggest threat to human rights in PH’ — Hontiveros

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte is the “single biggest threat to human rights in the Philippines, said Sen. Risa Hontiveros in a statement on Monday to commemorate International Human Rights’ Day. Hontiveros…READ The post Duterte ‘single biggest threat to human rights in PH’ — Hontiveros appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimesRelated News3 hr. 49 min. ago

Duterte forms nat’l task force vs Reds

President Rodrigo Duterte has created a national task force that will end the armed conflict with communists. Duterte signed on December 4 Executive Order (EO) 70, which institutionalizes “the whole-of-nation…READ The post Duterte forms nat’l task force vs Reds appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimesRelated News3 hr. 49 min. ago

Trillanes posts bail

Senator Antonio Trillanes IV arrived in Pasay Regional Trial Court Monday to post bail amounting to P96,000 for the four counts of libel filed against him by former Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte. The cases are pending before the Davao City (RTC) Branch 54, which last 7 December issued a warrant for his arrest. […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated News5 hr. 23 min. ago

WATCH: Filipino tweens and teens talk human rights

MANILA, Philippines – When the term 'human rights' is brought up, most assume that it's a heavy topic. It's seen as two words packed with meaning, touching on serious themes such as equality and social justice. The term has also been  maligned in recent years  by many of President Rodrigo Duterte's supporters, as ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated News7 hr. 49 min. ago

[ANALYSIS] What Filipinos can learn from France’s yellow vest protests

The Paris protests  should serve as an inspiration to us in the Philippines to resist the fuel tax increase and other regressive economic policies of the Duterte administration. The jumble of bad, go-stop-go decisions now make it likely that the government has unleashed an Argentina-type ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated News7 hr. 49 min. ago

Gov’t urged to resume peace talks with Reds

Magdalo Rep. Gary Alejano on Sunday said the Duterte administration's decision to forgo the possibility of forging a peace agreement with the Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) was tantamount to "abandonment of duty." "The government must never say that they are hopeless about peace. It is an abandonment of duty to resolve social ills that led the insurgents to incite protests," Alejano said in a statement. Alejano, a former Marine captain, said the national government should hear the valid concerns of insurgents and deal with these without resorting to violence. "We should not set aside peace talks because it involved the overall security of the people," the Magdalo repre...Keep on reading: Gov’t urged to resume peace talks with Reds.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated News13 hr. 36 min. ago

War booty: Balangiga bells arrive Tuesday

The three Balangiga bells, which were taken away as war booty by American soldiers during the Filipino-American War some 117 years ago, will be finally returned on Tuesday. President Rodrigo Duterte is expected to lead the handover of the historic bells. All three bells, now in the US territory of Guam, will be flown on Dec. 11 to Villamor Air Base in Pasay City, and on Dec. 15, to Balangiga. ---DJ Yap...Keep on reading: War booty: Balangiga bells arrive Tuesday.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated News13 hr. 36 min. ago

Trillanes gets 4 warrants of arrest

The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) on Sunday confirmed that it had received not just one but four warrants of arrest against Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV issued by Judge Melinda Alconcel-Dayanghirang of the Davao City Regional Trial Court Branch 54 on Dec. 7. But NCRPO Director Guillermo Eleazar assured the public that his men would not arrest Trillanes even with the arrest warrant for libel charges filed by the President's son, former Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte, after the senator linked him to illegal drug smuggling. Immunity from arrest Eleazar said the NCRPO would abide by the senator's constitutional privilege that granted him immunity from arrest for of...Keep on reading: Trillanes gets 4 warrants of arrest.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated News13 hr. 36 min. ago