Advertisements


Customs presents 22 luxury cars in custody

The Bureau of Customs (BoC) on Tuesday, Feb. 13, presented to the media 22 luxury cars in its custody at the CFS3 Warehouse in Manila International Container Port. The vehicles were intercepted on separate occasions at the Manila International Container Port (MICP) and are subjects of ongoing litigation. Customs chief Isidro S. Lapeña led the presentation of the […] The post Customs presents 22 luxury cars in custody appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: newsSource: bworldonline bworldonlineFeb 13th, 2018

Customs set to destroy 22 more luxury vehicles

MANILA, Philippines – Consignees of 22 customs-impounded luxury sports cars and SUVs have until next week to save ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsFeb 15th, 2018

McLaren, other supercars in custody still under litigation — Customs

Twenty-two brand new luxury vehicles including high-end sports cars known as supercars which were intercepted on separate occasions at the Manila International Container Port (MICP) are the subjects of ongoing litigation at the Bureau of Customs. One McLaren, two 2017 Chevrolet Camaro, two 2017 Range Rover, one 2017 Land Rover Evoque, 12 units Toyota Land Cruisers […] The post McLaren, other supercars in custody still under litigation — Customs appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsFeb 9th, 2018

Duterte supervises destruction of P61.26-M worth of luxury cars at Manila port

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte personally supervised on Tuesday the destruction of 20 imported luxury vehicles worth P61.26 million at the Bureau of Customs-Port of Manila. The event was on the occasion of the 116th founding anniversary of the BoC. A bulldozer was used in destroying the luxury vehicles, which had opened hoods for the public to [...] The post Duterte supervises destruction of P61.26-M worth of luxury cars at Manila port appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimesRelated NewsFeb 6th, 2018

Duterte to police, military: Arrest me if I stay beyond my term

President Rodrigo Duterteon Tuesdayordered the police and the military to arrest or oust him if he would extend his term as chief executive even just for a day. "If I overstay even for one day, you are supposed to oust me or arrest me for violating the Constitution," Duterte said during his speech at the 116th founding anniversary of the Bureau of Customs at the South Harbor in Manila, where had earlier witnessed the destruction of smuggled luxury cars. The President made this statement as he again denied that he would stay in power beyond his term. Last month, in a speech before troops in Compostela Valley, he said: "If I exceed my term, shoot me." /atm READ: If I excee...Keep on reading: Duterte to police, military: Arrest me if I stay beyond my term.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsFeb 6th, 2018

Customs destroys P61.63-M worth of smuggled luxury cars

THE Bureau of Customs (BoC) destroyed P61.63 million worth of luxury cars on Tuesday, Feb.6, as ordered by President Rodrigo R. Duterte. Twenty smuggled units of Lexus, BMW, Benz, Audi, Jaguar, and Corvette were destroyed in the Port of Manila. Not included were the Lamborghini, Ferrari, and McLaren models that the BoC seized in November. The […] The post Customs destroys P61.63-M worth of smuggled luxury cars appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsFeb 6th, 2018

Bukas luluha ang mga ismagler, habang pumapalakpak ang taumbayan!

GALIT si Pangulong Rodrigo Roa Duterte sa mga ismagler, lalo na sa mga nagpaparating ng mga puslit na mamahaling sasakyan. Kaya naman bukas ay nakatakdang durugin ang ilang seized imported luxury vehicle sa Bureau of Customs (BoC). “You want imported cars? Pay import duties first,” ani Pangulong Duterte. Paanong ‘di….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsFeb 4th, 2018

70 smuggled luxury cars to be destroyed

Seventy smuggled luxury cars are set to be destroyed by bulldozer on Tuesday at Port Area, Manila. President Rodrigo Duterte himself will personally witness the event involving the crushing by bulldozer of the luxury cars coinciding with the 116th anniversary of the Bureau of Customs. The luxury cars seized by….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsFeb 4th, 2018

Duterte to destroy seized luxury cars

DAVAO CITY, Philippines — President Duterte is set to destroy next week several luxury vehicles seized by the Bureau of Customs (BOC) last year. .....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsFeb 2nd, 2018

BoC files smuggling raps vs broker, importer of P7.8-M misdeclared luxury cars

THE BUREAU of Customs (BoC), through the Bureau Action Team Against Smugglers (BATAS), filed yesterday, Nov. 29, smuggling charges against the broker and owner of Juljerjac Trading for P7.8 million worth of misdeclared luxury cars, consisting of two sport utility vehicles. In the five-page complaint filed by BoC X-ray inspector Alexander DG. Ugay, he pointed […] The post BoC files smuggling raps vs broker, importer of P7.8-M misdeclared luxury cars appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsNov 29th, 2017

Luxury cars, steel products seized at Manila port

USED LUXURY cars and overweight steel products worth P24.2 million were seized at the Manila International Container Port and presented yesterday by the Bureau of Customs (BoC). The shipments came from Australia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), and China, according to BoC Commissioner Isidro S. Lapeña. The cars consisted of a 2012 Lamborghini Glardo consigned to […] The post Luxury cars, steel products seized at Manila port appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsNov 27th, 2017

P10-M worth of luxury cars seized by Customs

P10-M worth of luxury cars seized by Customs.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsSep 6th, 2017

BOC seizes P10-M luxury cars

MANILA, Philippines -  The Bureau of Customs (BOC) recently seized three luxury vehicles valued at around P10 million......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 28th, 2017

Senate may summon BOC over unpaid taxes on luxury cars

MANILA, Philippines – Senators are mulling a probe into the failure of the Bureau of Customs (BOC) to collect hundreds of millions of pesos in duties from th.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 23rd, 2016

DUTERTE TRANSCRIPTS: Bureau of Customs. 06 Feb 2018

(Note from MindaNews: This is the official transcript of President Rodrigo Duterte’s speech, released by the Presidential News Desk of the Presidential Communications Office) Presidential Communications Office Presidential News Desk SPEECH OF  PRESIDENT RODRIGO ROA DUTERTE  DURING THE CONDEMNATION OF SMUGGLED LUXURY VEHICLES AND THE 116TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE BUREAU OF CUSTOMS  [Delivered at OCOM Grounds, […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsFeb 14th, 2018

22 luxury vehicles under scrutiny at Customs

A TOTAL of 22 luxury vehicles, including so-called “supercars,” worth at least P113 million, are now the subject of an ongoing litigation at the Bureau of Customs (BoC) for various violations. These are: * brand new McLaren worth at least P13 million; * two units of brand new 2017 Chevrolet Camaro, P2.66 million; * two units brand [...] The post 22 luxury vehicles under scrutiny at Customs appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsFeb 11th, 2018

BOC initiates litigation process vs 22 luxury vehicles

        Twenty-two luxury vehicles, including several high-end "supercars" at the Manila International Container Port (MICP) are the subjects of ongoing litigation at the Bureau of Customs (BOC).   BOC Commissioner Isidro Lapea said the alerted luxury vehicles include a McLaren, a Ferrari and a Lamborghini, as well as a Chevrolet Camaro.   In a statement, Lapea assured that the agency will be steadfast in facilitating the disposition of the said litigation cases involving the 22 luxury vehicles.   "There are still a few who do illicit activities at the BOC. This has to stop. We will not allow smugglers to blatantly disr...Keep on reading: BOC initiates litigation process vs 22 luxury vehicles.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsFeb 9th, 2018

Taguba files new motion to remain with NBI custody

MANILA, Philippines — Customs "broker" Mark Taguba has filed a fresh appeal before a Manila court for his continued detention at the National Bureau of Inves.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsFeb 9th, 2018

Fleet of luxury cars crushed in Philippines in new crackdown

MANILA, Philippines - As part of the latest crackdown on smuggling announced by the Philippines president Rodrigo Duterte, officials confirmed that a fleet of luxury and sports cars were crushed by.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsFeb 8th, 2018

Luxury, sports cars crushed as part of Duterte’s crackdown

MANILA, Philippines - As part of the latest crackdown on smuggling announced by the Philippines president Rodrigo Duterte, officials confirmed that a fleet of luxury and sports cars were crushed by.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsFeb 8th, 2018

Duterte leads wreckage of smuggled cars

MANILA, Philippines — President Duterte yesterday witnessed the destruction of several smuggled luxury vehicles worth more than P61 million and ordered the B.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsFeb 7th, 2018