Advertisements


Bello keen on taking Ombudsman post

Bello keen on taking Ombudsman post.....»»

Category: entertainmentSource: pep pepMay 16th, 2018

Bello to unfair JBC: I was not given due process

MANILA, Philippines – Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III said the Judicial Bar Council (JBC) did not give him “due process” when he was disqualified for the post of the Ombudsman. In a media briefing on Wednesday, July 25, Bello explained he was disqualified by the JBC on the grounds that ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJul 25th, 2018

Guevarra: Bello disqualified to seek Ombudsman post - Manila Bulletin

Guevarra: Bello disqualified to seek Ombudsman post - Manila Bulletin.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsJul 20th, 2018

Morales on Edna Batacan as next Ombudsman: God forbid

God forbid.   Outgoing Ombudsman Conchita Carpio-Morales said this of the prospect of lawyer Edna Herrera-Batacan, former counsel of President Rodrigo Duterte, taking her place when she retires from her post on July 25.   "God forbid. I said, God forbid. You have to have competence, you have to have honesty, you have to have industry," Morales said in an interview aired over ABS-CBN News Channel on Monday.   "If she (Batacan) has all of these, go ahead please. But by all indications, my God! Look at her interview. You be the judge," Morales added.   The Ombudsman pointed out that during the Judicial and Bar Council (JBC) interview, Batacan ...Keep on reading: Morales on Edna Batacan as next Ombudsman: God forbid.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 9th, 2018

Bello admits bid for Ombudsman post a ‘long shot’

          Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III has admitted that his appointment as the next Ombudsman may be a "long shot."   The Labor chief is currently among the 10 aspirants vying to replace outgoing Ombudsman Conchita Carpio Morales once she retires in July.   "I know that I'm presently a Secretary, and maybe [Duterte] wouldn't like it if I would aspire for another position," Bello said in Filipino during a news forum on Friday.   Bello also admitted that Duterte may not like his application for the position, claiming that he applied for the position at the Judicial and Bar Council (JBC) without telling the...Keep on reading: Bello admits bid for Ombudsman post a ‘long shot’.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 29th, 2018

Ombudsman dismisses cases vs Labor chief

THE Office of the Ombudsman dismissed the criminal and administrative cases against Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello 3rd and other individuals. On Thursday, Ombudsman Conchita Carpio Morales said that the cases were thrown out last week. “Yes it was dismissed for insufficient evidence if I recall it correctly,” Morales told reporters in an interview after she [...] The post Ombudsman dismisses cases vs Labor chief appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsJun 21st, 2018

Profiles of candidates for Ombudsman

NINE individuals have applied for the position of Ombudsman, which Conchita Carpio-Morales would vacate in July. Below are their profiles. LABOR SECRETARY SILVESTRE BELLO 3RD Born on June 23, 1944 in Cagayan Valley. Obtained his Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science at the Manuel L. Quezon University. Received Bachelor of Laws at the Ateneo [...] The post Profiles of candidates for Ombudsman appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsJun 20th, 2018

Ombudman post: Silvestre Bello may still qualify if…

The pending complaints against Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III at the Office of the Ombudsman may only lessen his chances of being appointed as the next ombudsman but won’t totally disqualify him from the race, members of the Judicial and Bar Council said yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 18th, 2018

Ombudsman post: Bello disqualified

Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III cannot be appointed or even nominated to the post of ombudsman because of the pending criminal and administrative charges he is facing before the anti-graft agency. Source link link: Ombudsman post: Bello disqualified.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsJun 17th, 2018

Ombudsman post: Bello disqualified

Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III cannot be appointed or even nominated to the post of ombudsman because of the pending criminal and administrative charges he is facing before the anti-graft agency......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 17th, 2018

Woman, 8 men vying for ombudsman post

The Judicial and Bar Council has lined up for interview a woman and eight men, including Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III and Supreme Court Associate Justice Samuel Martires, on June 20 for the post to be vacated by Ombudsman Conchita Carpio-Morales......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 16th, 2018

From DoLE head to Kuwait labor attaché?

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte yesterday said he will assign labor chief Silvestre Bello III, who has applied for the post of Ombudsman, as labor attaché in Kuwait’ Duterte also ruled out politicians – and most especially women – as the Philippines’ next Ombudsman. In a chance interview on Wednesday, Duterte said….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsMay 17th, 2018

Duterte on Philippine Rise, Bello applies for Ombudsman post, Albayalde on barangay officials | Evening wRap

Today on Rappler: President Rodrigo Duterte has advised two assistant secretaries from the Justice Department and the Public Works Department to resign due to alleged corruption.  President Rodrigo Duterte is not pushing through with a plan to ride a jet ski around Philippine Rise or Benham Rise.  A Rappler source says Labor Secretary Silvestre ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsMay 15th, 2018

Labor Secretary Bello applies for Ombudsman post - Rappler

Labor Secretary Bello applies for Ombudsman post - Rappler.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsMay 15th, 2018

Labor Secretary Bello applies for Ombudsman post

  MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III has applied for the post of Ombudsman, a Rappler source confirmed on Tuesday, May 15. This development comes on the last day for applications for the Ombudsman post which will be vacant by July 26. The deadline was set by the ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsMay 15th, 2018

Ombudsman dismisses Camarines Norte gov

DAET, Camarines Norte: The Office of the Deputy Ombudsman for Luzon dismissed from office Gov. Edgardo Tallado and meted him the penalties of cancelation of eligibility, forfeiture of retirement benefits, perpetual diaqualification from holding public office and barring him from taking the civil service examination. A nine-page decision dated January 10, 2018 signed by Raphael [...] The post Ombudsman dismisses Camarines Norte gov appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimesRelated NewsFeb 27th, 2018

Toyota Tsusho keen on Alsons’ renewable energy projects

By Victor V. Saulon, Sub-Editor ALSONS Consolidated Resources, Inc. (ACR) expects its capacity from renewable energy sources to reach roughly 20% of its total energy output by 2022-23, with its long-time Japanese partner Toyota Tsusho Corp. possibly taking a stake on a per-project basis. Joseph C. Nocos, vice-president for business development at Alsons, said Toyota […] The post Toyota Tsusho keen on Alsons’ renewable energy projects appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsNov 28th, 2017

PH team wins silver and bronze at International Physics Olympiad

THREE Filipino students became a nigh-unstoppable force at the 49th International Physics Olympiad (IPhO), taking the country closer to gold than it has ever been at the annual worldwide competition. Steven Reyes, who hails from St. Jude Catholic School (SJSC), bagged a silver medal for the Philippines. Meanwhile, Mikhail Torio from the Philippine Science High […] The post PH team wins silver and bronze at International Physics Olympiad appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsAug 17th, 2018

Atletico beats Real Madrid 4-2 after extra time in Super Cup

By Frank Griffiths, Associated Press TALLINN, Estonia (AP) — Atletico Madrid finally got the better of Real Madrid on the European stage, scoring twice in extra time to win 4-2 in the UEFA Super Cup final on Wednesday in its rival's first game without Cristiano Ronaldo. Atletico got off to a flying start with Diego Costa scoring the competition's fastest goal just 50 seconds in, but Madrid came back to take a 2-1 lead as Los Blancos tried to prove they can still win trophies without Ronaldo and with a new coach. But Costa equalized late in the match with his second goal before Saul Niguez and Jorge "Koke" Resurreccion sealed the victory in extra time on a cool night in Estonia's capital. Atletico's victory over its crosstown rival had added significance after it lost two Champions League finals to Madrid in 2014 and 2016. Diego Simeone's team was also eliminated by Madrid in the 2017 semifinals. "I'm elated," Costa said. "Real Madrid has always beaten us in these finals. It was our turn to win a final." The loss leaves new Madrid coach Julen Lopetegui still having to prove that there is life after Ronaldo, who scored 450 goals in 438 matches before joining Juventus this summer and helped lead the club to three straight Champions League titles. "I'm sad. I'm frustrated. It's a final that we lost," Lopetegui said. "But I also know that we will have to wake up and prepare ourselves for our first league match and start the season on the right foot." Gareth Bale showed glimpses of his pace and skill, but couldn't mimic Ronaldo's ability to decide a game on his own. Instead, Costa was the one who dominated at the Lillekula Stadium in Tallinn. He overpowered Madrid's center backs in the first minute after a long ball from Stefan Savic, first winning a header against Sergio Ramos and then muscling past Raphael Varane to cut into the area where he beat goalkeeper Keylor Navas at the near post. Karim Benzema equalized in the 27th minute, heading in a pinpoint cross from Bale, who was able to break away from Lucas Hernandez on the right and curl the ball into his fellow forward's path. Bale, who was given a freer role than he's used to, caused trouble for Atletico's defense in the first half as he switched between wings. He was Madrid's main creative spark at that point, with his teammates constantly trying to feed him the ball. He faded in the second half, but Lopetegui was pleased with Bale's performance. "Gareth has played very good. In this moment of the season, all the players are not in the best physical way," the coach said. "We are happy with his performance and we hope he's going to put in deserved performances in the next matches." Sergio Ramos scored a penalty in the 63rd minute after Juanfran Torres handled in the area as the ball flew over him from a corner. Juanfran made up for it in the 79th by taking the ball off Marcelo near the touchline and then passing to Angel Correa. The substitute then skipped past a couple of Madrid defenders and cut the ball back from the byline to Costa, who poked the ball into the roof of the net. In extra time, substitute Thomas Partey set up the decisive goal when he stripped the ball off Varane and played a one-two with Costa before dribbling toward the byline. Partey then cut the ball back to Saul Niguez, who volleyed the ball first-time to send the ball past Navas to make it 3-2 in the 98th. Koke finished Madrid off with a cool finish in the 104th. Lopetegui, who joined Madrid in controversial fashion and was fired as Spain coach just before the World Cup, will need to show that he can build on the success of predecessor Zidedane Zidane and can win with new tactics. At times, Madrid looked uncomfortable playing under the new possession-based system and seemed to miss Ronaldo's flair and proficiency. "We need to improve on the all the phases of the team," Lopetegui said. "We don't like to make mistakes." Madrid had to play without new goalkeeper Thibault Courtois, as the former Atletico player didn't even dress for the match. Spanish media reports said the team didn't register him in time with UEFA following his transfer from Chelsea. For Atletico, the victory gives the team a boost before the season starts, Simeone said. "The club is growing. We have a new stadium," he said. "We have players who want to join us, players who don't want to leave us. I think this speaks volumes.".....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsAug 15th, 2018

PHL takes on Kazakhstan in Asiad hoops bid opener

THE Philippine Basketball Association-powered national team competing at the 18th Asian Games in Indonesia gets its campaign going, taking on Kazakhstan in a preliminary game in Group D set for 11 a.m. (Manila time) at the Gelora Bung Karno Basketball Hall in Jakarta. The post PHL takes on Kazakhstan in Asiad hoops bid opener appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsAug 15th, 2018

NCAA: Jielo Razon rescues Perps from upset-conscious JRU

University of Perpetual Help has been the most surprising squad in the NCAA 94 Men’s Basketball Tournament – and much of it is because of its backcourt. Jielo Razon and Edgar Charcos yet again showed their worth on Tuesday at the Filoil Flying V Centre, getting together in the endgame to shoot the Altas over Jose Rizal University, 78-72. Razon dropped back-to-back bombs set up by Charcos that proved to be the game-winning baskets in their second consecutive victory and fourth overall in six games. “Wala pa kaming easy win, but a win is a win,” head coach Frankie Lim said post-game. Indeed, the rookie guard showed no fear in taking and making two triples inside the last two minutes. Still, it was AJ Coronel who hit his own trey that tied the tally again for Perps after they were at the receiving end of a rally from their opponents. Down by double-digits early in the final frame, Jed Mendoza carried the Heavy Bombers back into the game. In fact, he scored the first seven points in the 9-0 run that snatched away the advantage in favor of his squad, 72-69. Off a timeout, though, Coronel rose and launched a three that found the bottom of the net and knotted the score at 72-all. From there, the Perpetual defense stood strong and allowed no more makes just as Razon and Charcos got together. Razon finished with 18 points, six rebounds, and five assists while Charcos ended with 25 markers, nine boards, and five dimes for the Altas who now have a share of third place. On the other hand, JRU remained winless in seven games despite the best efforts of Mendoza who wound up with 21 points. BOX SCORES PERPETUAL 78 – Charcos 25, Razon 18, Coronel 16, Eze 7, Aurin 5, Peralta 5, Mangalino 2, Pasia 0, Cuevas 0, Sese 0, Tamayo 0 JRU 72 – Mendoza 21, Bordon 10, Silvarez 9, Estrella 8, Padua 6, Mallari 5, Dela Virgen 5, Esguerra 4, Santos 2, Aguilar 0, Miranda 0 QUARTER SCORES: 18-13, 34-30, 55-46, 78-72 —— Follow this writer on Twitter, @riegogogo......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsAug 14th, 2018