Advertisements


Adriatico Bridge reopens 11 months after collapse

The Department of Public Works and Highways yesterday reopened the 14-meter Adriatico Bridge in Malate, Manila 11 months after it collapsed......»»

Category: newsSource: philstar philstarAug 11th, 2018

Damaged Adriatico Bridge in Manila reopens - Manila Bulletin

Damaged Adriatico Bridge in Manila reopens - Manila Bulletin.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsAug 10th, 2018

Damaged Adriatico Bridge reopens

Damaged Adriatico Bridge reopens.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsSep 11th, 2017

Audit warns 840 bridges in France may face risk of collapse

PARIS --- An audit commissioned by the French government says about 840 French bridges are suffering from serious damage and at risk of collapse in the coming several years. President Emmanuel Macron's government had already promised new infrastructure spending, but is coming under new pressure after Tuesday's bridge collapse in neighboring Italy that killed 43 people. The audit, published Sunday by the Journal du Dimanche newspaper, says a third of the 12,000 government-maintained bridges in France need repairs. About 7 percent, or about 840 bridges, present a "risk of collapse" in the coming years if spending is kept at current levels, the audit says. The audit doesn't add...Keep on reading: Audit warns 840 bridges in France may face risk of collapse.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated News17 hr. 24 min. ago

Italy buries bridge collapse dead as outrage simmers

GENOA, Italy (3rd UPDATE) – Grief gripped the Italian city of Genoa on Saturday, August 18, as thousands of mourners attended a state funeral to commemorate the victims of a bridge disaster that has sparked anger, while rescuers pulled more bodies from the wreckage. Large crowds packed inside an exhibition hall ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsAug 18th, 2018

Italy buries bridge collapse dead amid outrage

GENOA, Italy: Italy was preparing an official day of mourning Saturday to commemorate the dozens of people killed in Genoa’s bridge disaster with some outraged relatives of victims set to shun the official ceremonies. The populist government has blamed the operator of the viaduct for Tuesday’s collapse that killed at least 38 people in the [...] The post Italy buries bridge collapse dead amid outrage appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimesRelated NewsAug 18th, 2018

Italy opens probe into operator of collapsed bridge, investors dump shares

GENOA — Italy‘s government opened an investigation on Thursday into the country’s biggest toll-road operator, hours after saying it could face a heavy fine or lose its concession over a bridge collapse that killed at least 38 people. A section of the bridge gave way on Tuesday in busy lunchtime traffic, plunging dozens of vehicles 50m (160 feet) below and […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  interaksyonRelated NewsAug 17th, 2018

Floodlight search for survivors

GENOA — Italian rescuers searched through the night Wednesday for any survivors under the shattered remains of a motorway bridge in Genoa as investigators probed what could have caused such a catastrophic collapse. Some 35 people were killed on Tuesday when a vast span of the Morandi bridge collapsed during a heavy rainstorm, sending vehicles […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsAug 16th, 2018

Death toll rises to 35 in Italy bridge collapse

Death toll rises to 35 in Italy bridge collapse Source link link: Death toll rises to 35 in Italy bridge collapse.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsAug 15th, 2018

Italians mad over bridge collapse that killed 38

What will you do if you're driving on a bridge that is collapsing?.....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsAug 15th, 2018

DFA checking for Filipinos injured in Italy bridge collapse

The Philippine Consulate General in Milan is still checking if there were Filipinos among those who were killed or injured in the collapse of a highway bridge in the Italian city of Genoa, the Department of Foreign Affairs said Wednesday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 15th, 2018

Dozens killed in Italy motorway bridge collapse tragedy

GENOA, Italy (4th UPDATE) – Italy was in shock Tuesday, August 14, after dozens of people were killed when a motorway bridge collapsed in heavy rain in the Italian city of Genoa in what the government called an "immense tragedy". The collapse, which saw a vast stretch of the A10 freeway ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsAug 15th, 2018

No Filipino casualties, so far, in bridge collapse in Italy — DFA

THE Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) is monitoring the situation of the more than 1000 Filipinos in Northern Italy following the collapse of a highway bridge on Tuesday evening. At the same time, the DFA expressed its sympathies to the families of the 35 people who died in the collapse of the Morandi highway bridge near Genoa. [...] The post No Filipino casualties, so far, in bridge collapse in Italy — DFA appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsAug 15th, 2018

Floodlight search for survivors after deadly Italy bridge collapse

Italian rescuers searched through the night Wednesday for any survivors under the shattered remains of a motorway bridge in Genoa as investigators probed what could have caused such a catastrophic collapse. Some 30 people were killed on Tuesday when a vast span of the Morandi bridge collapsed during a heavy rainstorm, sending vehicles and their [...] The post Floodlight search for survivors after deadly Italy bridge collapse appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsAug 15th, 2018

Floodlight search for survivors after deadly Italy bridge collapse

Genoa, Italy --- Italian rescuers have searched through the night for any survivors under the shattered remains of a motorway bridge in Genoa as investigators investigated what could have caused such a catastrophic collapse. Some 30 people were killed Tuesday when a vast span of the Morandi bridge collapsed during a heavy rainstorm, sending vehicles and their drivers plunging 100-meters (330 feet) onto railway tracks below. Rescuers spent Wednesday dawn searching the tangled remains of the bridge under floodlights and there are fears the toll could rise in what the Italian government has called an "immense tragedy". The collapse came as the bridge was undergoing maintenance ...Keep on reading: Floodlight search for survivors after deadly Italy bridge collapse.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsAug 15th, 2018

Highway bridge collapse in Italy kills at least 20

A bridge on a main highway linking Italy with France collapsed yesterday in the Italian port city of Genoa during a sudden, violent storm, sending vehicles plunging 45 meters (nearly 150 feet) into a heap of rubble. Italian officials said at least 20 people were killed, although some people were found alive in the debris......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 14th, 2018

22 dead in Italy motorway bridge collapse tragedy

GENOA, Italy (3rd UPDATE) – At least 22 people were killed on Tuesday, August 14, when a giant motorway bridge collapsed in Genoa, with several more feared dead in what Italy's transport minister described as an "immense tragedy." The collapse, which saw a vast stretch of the A10 freeway tumble on ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsAug 14th, 2018

Giants Beckham thankful to be back on field after injury

By Tom Canavan, Associated Press EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — Breaking his left ankle and having his career put in jeopardy has given New York Giants receiver Odell Beckham Jr. a new perspective on life and football. Speaking to reporters here for the first time since getting hurt in a game in early October, Beckham on Saturday was thankful to be back on the field and seemingly more relaxed and more mature. The 25-year-old said he was not worrying about upcoming contract talks, even though he admits he is taking a calculated risk being in training camp coming off an injury and in the final year of his rookie contract. "I literally watched my world turn upside down," said Beckham, whose ankle snapped in a game against the Los Angeles Chargers on Oct. 8. "I watched relationships close to me devour and things go wrong, and things go sideways. It was a lot of pain that I went through the last 10 months. "So, just kind of taking it day by day and trying my best to just make my mindset every day that I wake up I am going to be happy," the three-time Pro Bowler said. "I am going to do this right. I am going to do the very best that I can in whatever it is, whatever it is I am doing. I changed my mindset and it has helped me a lot in everything." The 10-month rehabilitation was not only tough, Beckham also had to deal with reports that the Giants were considering trading him and the never-ending social media tweets and video about his life off the field. Beckham called the trade talk rumor and noise that he has now learned to ignore. "I remember I used to say all the time: 'Don't take it personal' and stuff, but I still took things personal and I really have gotten that out of my heart to not take anything personal," he said. "And with doing that, it's left things that I used to worry about out of the equation. So, once you can really put that in your heart, don't take it personal and you can feel that, it's a completely different story." Beckham's agent Zeke Sandhu was at the Giants' workout Thursday and was seen speaking to assistant general manager Kevin Abrams for almost two hours on the patio overlooking the field. Beckham had said he wants to be the highest paid receiver in the game and that has not changed. However, he said he is leaving the contract talks in the hands of his agent and when something happens, it happens. He added if a deal isn't completed before the start of the season, he would cross that bridge at that time. "I'm confident it'll all work itself out," Beckham said, who is scheduled to make $8.5 million this season. "Life always does." Antonio Brown of the Pittsburgh Steelers is considered the highest paid receiver, earning an average $17 million on a four-year deal. For now, being back on the field is fun. He is enjoying working with coach Pat Shurmur and said the new offense gives him the opportunity to line up in a lot of different spots. "I love football," Beckham said. "Football was always an (release) for me, it was always how I could get everything out, and just being able to be back out on the field like I said, I remember waking up 4 (o'clock) in the morning and crawling upstairs to my bed and laughing to myself, like this is going to be a hell of a ride for you to get back to where you're at. "And now I'm here, and there's still a lot more for me to do. It's truly, I'm just thankful; that God is able to put me back out there," he said. Since being drafted in the first round in 2014, Beckham has played 47 games and has 313 catches for 4,424 yards and 38 touchdowns. The 25-year-old Beckham says his rehabilitation was long and painful. He says there were nights he had to crawl up three flights of stairs to get to his bedroom. The three-time Pro Bowler says he has made significant strides in the past two months is still not 100 percent......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsAug 5th, 2018

Ecija LGU appeals to Sec. Villar to fast-track bridge construction

SAN Jose City -- The city government has urged Public Works and Highways Secretary Mark Villar and Tokwing Construction Corporation to fast-track the construction of the stalled Sibut-Palestina Bridge which was started way back in October 2015 or nine months before Mayor Mario “Kokoy” Salvador assumed office in July 2016….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsAug 1st, 2018

Cruise ships back in Boracay

FIVE to eight international cruise ships are expected to dock in Boracay Island when it reopens for tourism barely less than three months from now. Department of Tourism (DOT-6) regional director Atty. Helen Catalbas said the cruise ships are scheduled to visit the island resort from Oct 26, 2018 until 2019. “Among them are Royal […] The post Cruise ships back in Boracay appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsJul 31st, 2018

Czech gov t wins confidence vote backed by Communists

PRAGUE, Czech Republic – The minority government of billionaire Czech Prime Minister Andrej Babis won a parliamentary confidence vote Thursday, July 12, becoming the first administration since the 1989 collapse of communism to rely on backing from the Communist Party. It took Babis 9 months to form a government after ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJul 12th, 2018