Advertisements


Australian Open 2021: Francesca Jones, the tennis player with eight fingers on her arms – tennis – sport

British tennis player Francesca JonesBorn with four fingers on each hand, she qualified for her first championship in Big Slash StrikesBeating China Lu Jia Jing.....»»

Source: Thedailyguardian ThedailyguardianCategory: NewsJan 16th, 2021Related News

Two other PSC employees face multiple charges

The Philippine Sports Commission yesterday revealed it has caught two more employees, Michaelle Jones Velarde and Lymuel Seguilla, who were allegedly involved in the payroll scam exposed in July last year......»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: SportsJan 15th, 2021Related News

Celtics confirm death of 12-time NBA champion KC Jones

New York, United States  —  KC Jones, a 12-time NBA champion as a player and coach and 1956 Olympic gold medalist, has died, his former club the Boston Celtics announced Friday. He was 88. Jones, who was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 1989, captured 10 titles as a player, two more as a coach, […] The post Celtics confirm death of 12-time NBA champion KC Jones appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: NewsDec 26th, 2020Related News

Mike Tyson, Roy Jones exhibition bout ends in draw

Former world heavyweight champion Mike Tyson (Anadolu) ANKARA – An exhibition match between legendary heavyweight Mike Tyson and aging pugilist Roy Jones was ruled a draw by the World Boxing Council. Tyson, 54, returned to the ring late Saturday for the first time in 15 years at the Staples Center in Los Angeles in the […].....»»

Source: Balita BalitaCategory: NewsNov 30th, 2020Related News

Exhibition of old-timers Tyson, Jones ends in draw

Los Angeles, United States—Mike Tyson’s return to boxing at age 54 ended in a draw with 51-year-old Roy Jones Jr. on Saturday (Sunday Philippine time) in an eight-round exhibition battle of former heavyweight champions......»»

Source: Thestandard ThestandardCategory: SportsNov 29th, 2020Related News

Tyson wants more fights and he’s tough, says Jones

Mike Tyson plans on fighting more exhibitions after a draw with Roy Jones Jr. on Saturday in his comeback at age 54 and Jones says he’ll be tough to beat. “I’m happy I’m not knocked out or anything. I’ll be better the next one,” Tyson said after the eight-round exhibition at Staples Center in Los Angeles. “I […] The post Tyson wants more fights and he’s tough, says Jones appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: NewsNov 29th, 2020Related News

Tyson-Jones Jr. exhibition bout ends in draw

Though the fight ended in a draw and both fighters were way past their primes, Tyson and Jones Jr. were able to give fans a pleasant contest......»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: NewsNov 29th, 2020Related News

Tyson under control as he prepares for bout with Jones

London---Boxing great Mike Tyson says he has learned to protect that “kid always in me” as he prepares to return to the ring for an exhibition bout with Roy Jones Jr on Saturday......»»

Source: Thestandard ThestandardCategory: SportsNov 26th, 2020Related News

Eala shocks fancied British rival in Spain

By Kristel Satumbaga     Teen sensation Alex Eala launched her title bid in the $25,000 women’s tournament in style Wednesday, stunning eighth seed Francesca Jones of Great Britain, 6-3, 7-6 (3)  at the Las Palmas de Gran Canaria in Spain. The 15-year-old Australian Open Juniors doubles champion proved more superior and determined as she produced […].....»»

Source: Tempo TempoCategory: NewsNov 19th, 2020Related News

Eala stuns English foe, advances in pro tourney

Faced with a tough opponent in the tournament opener, Eala showed poise in a 6-3, 7-6 (7-3) upset over WTA World No. 249 Francesca Jones......»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: SportsNov 19th, 2020Related News

Mag-asawang Jericho at Kim tumulong sa rescue operation gamit ang surfboard

HINDI nagdalawang-isip ang celebrity couple na sina Jericho Rosales at Kim Jones na tumulong sa rescue operation ng mga biktima ng Bagyong Ulysses sa kanilang lugar. Gamit ang kanilang mga surfboard, lumusong din sa baha ang mag-asawa para tulungan ang mga kapitbahay nilang na-trap sa kani-kanilang mga tahanan malapit sa Marikina River sa Tumana, Marikina. […] The post Mag-asawang Jericho at Kim tumulong sa rescue operation gamit ang surfboard appeared first on Bandera......»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: NewsNov 12th, 2020Related News

Jericho Rosales, wife Kim help rescuers in Marikina

Kapamilya star Jericho Rosales and wife Kim Jones were among the first people to help in the rescue operations of stranded residents in the badly hit Brgy. Tumana, Marikina......»»

Source: Thestandard ThestandardCategory: MoviesNov 12th, 2020Related News

Isabela town seeks shift to MECQ

Citing a spike in coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19 cases, local government officials in Jones town in Isabela want to revert to modified enhanced community quarantine or MECQ......»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: NewsNov 11th, 2020Related News

Kawatan hinabol ni dating UFC champ Jon Jones

UNITED STATES – Napasabak sa kakaibang laban si dating UFC light heavyweight world champion Jon Jones matapos nitong habulin ang isang magnanakaw na pumasok sa kanyang tahanan. Makikita sa CCTV video si Jones, itinuturing ng isa na pinakamagaling na mixed martial arts sa kasaysayan, na hinahabol ang isang magnanakaw. Base sa CCTV footage, umiikot ang […] The post Kawatan hinabol ni dating UFC champ Jon Jones appeared first on REMATE ONLINE......»»

Source: Remate RemateCategory: NewsNov 3rd, 2020Related News

Retired Tyson, Jones says they& rsquo;re ready for & lsquo;real fight& rsquo;

Los Angeles, United States—Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. insisted they are preparing for a bruising battle when the two fifty-something fighters face each other in an eight-round exhibition bout in Los Angeles......»»

Source: Thestandard ThestandardCategory: SportsNov 1st, 2020Related News

‘Rolly’ may pass close to Metro Manila after Quezon landfall Sunday

After its landfall over Quezon province this Sunday, typhoon “Rolly” (international name: “Goni”) will possibly pass close to Metro Manila between Sunday evening and Monday morning. In its weather bulletin Saturday morning, Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical, and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) weather specialist Benison Estareja said Rolly will move west-southwest this Saturday toward the sea off the coast of Bicol region. (DOST PAGASA / MANILA BULLETIN) The typhoon was already around 540 kilometers east-northeast of Virac, Catanduanes, moving at 20 kilometers per hour (kph) around 7 a.m. Beginning early Sunday, it will gradually turn west-northwest, bringing its inner rainbands-eyewall region near or over Catanduanes, Camarines Norte, and Camarines Sur during the morning-afternoon hours and over Quezon-southern Aurora area during the afternoon-evening hours. The center of the eye of the typhoon may pass very close or over the Calaguas Islands by Sunday afternoon and make landfall in Polillo Islands and mainland Quezon in the evening. Estareja said the eye of Rolly will likely pass directly over Quezon-Aurora, entire Central Luzon, “where Metro Manila and Rizal will be closest,” and over parts of Ilocos Region, particularly Pangasinan and La Union. After crossing Central Luzon, the center of Rolly may exit the mainland Luzon landmass, most likely through the Zambales-Bataan area by Monday morning, Estareja said. Signal No. 2 up; Metro Manila under signal No. 1 The wind signal in some provinces in the Bicol region were upgraded to tropical cyclone wind signal No. 2 as damaging gale-force to storm-force winds is expected to affect these areas in the next 24 hours. Signal No. 2 has been hoisted over Catanduanes, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Albay, Sorsogon, Burias Island, and the southeastern portion of Quezon (San Francisco, San Andres, San Narciso, Mulanay, Catanauan, Buenavista, Lopez, Guinayangan, Calauag, Tagkawayan). More areas were also placed under signal No. 1 in anticipation of strong breeze to near gale conditions associated with the approaching typhoon. These areas were Metro Manila, the rest of Masbate including Ticao Island, the rest of Quezon including Polillo Islands, Rizal, Laguna, Cavite, Batangas, Marinduque, Romblon, Occidental Mindoro including Lubang Island, Oriental Mindoro, Bulacan, Pampanga, Bataan, Zambales, Tarlac, Nueva Ecija, Aurora, Pangasinan, La Union, Benguet, Ifugao, Nueva Vizcaya, Quirino, southern portion of Isabela (Aurora, Luna, Reina Mercedes, Naguilian, Benito Soliven, San Mariano, Palanan, Dinapigue, San Guillermo, Echague, San Agustin, Jones, Cordon, Santiago City, Ramon, San Isidro, Angadanan, Alicia, Cauayan City, Cabatuan, San Mateo), Northern Samar, northern portion of Samar (Tagapul-An, Almagro, Santo Nino, Tarangnan, Catbalogan City, Calbayog City, Santa Margarita, Gandara, Pagsanghan, San Jorge, Jiabong, Motiong, Paranas, San Jose de Buan, Matuguinao), the northern portion of Eastern Samar (Taft, Can-Avid, Dolores, Maslog, Jipapad, Arteche, Oras, San Policarpo), and the northern portion of Biliran (Kawayan, Maripipi). PAGASA said signal No. 3 may be raised over portions of Bicol region late Saturday. Based on the intensity forecast, the highest possible wind signal to be raised will be signal No. 4 for very destructive typhoon-force winds. Elsewhere, areas that are not under not under tropical cyclone warning signal may experience strong breeze to near gale conditions due to the northeasterlies, particularly over Batanes, Babuyan Islands, Ilocos Norte, Apayao, and the coastal and mountainous areas of Cagayan and Isabela. Nears super-typhoon status As of Saturday morning, Rolly has maximum sustained winds of 215 kph and gustiness of up to 265 kph. It is close to reaching the 220 kph maximum wind speed to be classified as a supertyphoon. PAGASA is not ruling its possible intensification into a supertyphoon within 12 hours. Estareja said Rolly has a high chance of intensifying into a supertyphoon while on its way to the country, but there is still a slim probability that it may make landfall as a supertyphoon. However, it is still expected to remain a strong typhoon or near supertyphoon strength by the time it makes landfall over Quezon. While traversing Luzon, the tropical cyclone may weaken considerably to a minimal typhoon (120 kph to 140 kph yung maximum sustained winds), Estareja said. Nonetheless, Rolly is still possibly destructive. It may emerge as a severe tropical storm over the West Philippine Sea. Typhoon impacts This Saturday, the trough or extension of Rolly will bring light to moderate with at times heavy rains over Central Visayas, Negros Occidental, Leyte, Southern Leyte, Palawan, including Cuyo Islands, Zamboanga Peninsula, Northern Mindanao, Caraga, and Sulu archipelago. From late Saturday throughout Sunday, heavy to intense rains due to the direct impact of Rolly will already be felt over Bicol region, Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal, Quezon, Metro Manila, Central Luzon Marinduque, and the northern portions of Occidental and Oriental Mindoro. Moderate to heavy rains will also be experienced over Cagayan, Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya, and Quirino. PAGASA warned that flooding, rain-induced landslides, and sediment-laden streamflows or lahar may occur during heavy or prolonged rainfall, especially in areas that are highly susceptible to these hazards. There is a moderate to high risk of storm surge of up to 3.0 meters (m) over the northern coastal areas of Quezon including Polillo Islands and up to 2.0 m over the coastal areas of Aurora, Marinduque, Bicol region, and Northern Samar, and the other coastal areas of Quezon in the next 48 hours which may result in life-threatening and damaging coastal inundation. PAGASA said this storm surge may be accompanied by swells and breaking waves reaching the coast. Rough to “phenomenal” seas (2.5 to 15.0 m) will be experienced over the seaboard of areas where tropical cyclone warning signal is in effect and rough to very rough seas (2.5 to 5.0 m) over the remaining seaboards of Northern Luzon and the eastern seaboards of Eastern Visayas (that are not under tropical cyclone warning signals) and Caraga. Sea travel is risky for all types of seacraft over these waters, especially those under storm warning signals. Meanwhile, moderate to rough seas (1.2 to 2.5 m) will be experienced over the remaining seaboards of the country. Mariners of small sea vessels were advised to take precautionary measures when venturing out to sea, while inexperienced mariners should avoid navigating in these conditions. Another cyclone approaching While Rolly is raging over Luzon, Estareja said the tropical depression with international name “Atsani” could enter the Philippine area of responsibility (PAR) on Sunday afternoon. It will be assigned its local name “Siony” once inside the PAR. It was estimated at 1,605 km east of Visayas around 4 a.m. Saturday. Atsani has maximum sustained winds of 55 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 70 kph, while moving west-northwestward at 25 kph. It is likely to re-intensify into a tropical storm in the next 24 to 48 hours, and further into a typhoon in the next few days. It remains less likely to affect any portion of the country over the next three days. But Estareja said PAGASA is not ruling out a possible landfall in Central or Southern Luzon, before recurving toward the southern islands of Japan in the coming days. He also reiterated that a Fujiwhara effect is unlikely between Rolly and Atsani. Fujiwhara effect happens when two typhoons pull each other in a seesaw-like motion......»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: EditorialOct 31st, 2020Related News

Paghirang kay Khabib bilang best P4P kinontra ni Jon Jones

ABU DHABI – Hinirang ng Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) si Khabib Nurmagomedov bilang best mixed martial arts fighter sa mundo matapos nitong ianunsiyo ang pagreretiro sa UFC. Matatandaang naidepensa ni Nurmagomedov ang kanyang hawak na UFC lightweight world title kontra kay Justin Gaethje via 2nd round submission nitong nakaraang linggo. Agad din nitong inanunsiyo ang […] The post Paghirang kay Khabib bilang best P4P kinontra ni Jon Jones appeared first on REMATE ONLINE......»»

Source: Remate RemateCategory: NewsOct 28th, 2020Related News

Laban ni Tyson ginawang two-minute kada round

LOS ANGELES – Ginawang na lang tig-dalawang minuto ang bawat round sa inaabangang laban ni dating undisputed heavy weight champion Mike Tyson, ayon sa kasagupa nitong si Roy Jones Jr. “They got me doing eight two-minute rounds now. That’s to his advantage too. Everything is to his advantage, that’s to his advantage too,” ani Jones. […] The post Laban ni Tyson ginawang two-minute kada round appeared first on REMATE ONLINE......»»

Source: Remate RemateCategory: NewsOct 16th, 2020Related News

North Korea to defy coronavirus with huge parade

Nuclear-armed North Korea is expected to parade its latest and most advanced weapons through the streets of Pyongyang on Saturday, as the coronavirus-barricaded country celebrates the 75th anniversary of leader Kim Jong Un’s ruling party. Saturday is expected to see thousands of goose-stepping soldiers packed into Pyongyang’s Kim Il Sung Square, named for North Korea’s founder, under the gaze of his grandson Kim Jong Un ED JONES AFP/ MANILA BULLETIN South Korea’s unification minister told parliament on Thursday that a “large-scale parade” was anticipated, and satellite imagery on the respected 38North website has also suggested the cavalcade could be huge. The anniversary comes during a difficult year for North Korea as the coronavirus pandemic and recent storms add pressure to the heavily sanctioned country.  Pyongyang closed its borders eight months ago to try to protect itself from the virus — which first emerged in neighbouring China — and has still to confirm a single case of infection. Last month, troops from the North shot dead a South Korean fisheries official who had drifted into its waters, apparently as a precaution against the disease, prompting fury in Seoul and a rare apology from Kim. Nevertheless, Saturday is expected to see thousands of goose-stepping soldiers packed into Pyongyang’s Kim Il Sung Square, named for North Korea’s founder, under the gaze of his grandson, the third member of the family to rule the country. A procession of progressively larger armoured vehicles and tanks is likely to follow, culminating with whatever missiles Pyongyang wants to put on show. The North is widely believed to have continued to develop its arsenal — which it says it needs to protect itself from a US invasion — throughout nuclear negotiations with Washington, deadlocked since the collapse of a summit in Hanoi in February last year. Now analysts expect a new submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM) or an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) capable of reaching the US mainland to appear — maybe even one with multiple re-entry vehicle capabilities that could allow it to evade US defence systems. The anniversary of the Workers’ Party means North Korea “has a political and strategic need to do something bigger”, said Sung-yoon Lee, a Korean studies professor at Tufts University in the United States. Showcasing its most advanced weapons “will signal a big step forward in Pyongyang’s credible threat capabilities”, he said. But unlike on many previous occasions, no international media have been allowed in to watch the parade, and with many foreign embassies in Pyongyang closing their doors in the face of coronavirus restrictions, few outside observers will be present. It is not clear whether state broadcaster KCTV will air the event live — some past parades have not appeared on television until the following day. But the South’s government has detected signs that Kim is to give a speech at the parade, Yonhap News Agency reported Friday citing unnamed sources.  – Masks and missiles? –  At the end of December, Kim threatened to demonstrate a “new strategic weapon”, but analysts say Pyongyang will still tread carefully to avoid jeopardising its chances with Washington ahead of next month’s presidential elections. Showing off its strategic weapons in a military parade “would be consistent with what Kim Jong Un promised”, while “not provoking the US as much as a test-launch of a strategic weapon”, said former US government North Korea analyst Rachel Lee. The messaging of the parade “will be heavily domestic — on party accomplishments, unity around the leader, and improving the economy before the Eighth Party Congress”, she added, referring to a meeting of the Workers’ Party due to take place in January. But Harry Kazianis of the Center for the National Interest warned that with thousands of people involved, it could turn into a “deadly superspreader-like event” unless “extreme precautions” were used. The impoverished nation’s crumbling health system would struggle to cope with a major virus outbreak, and he added that such protective measures seemed “pretty unlikely”. “Clearly masks and missiles don’t mix.”.....»»

Source: Mb.com.ph Mb.com.phCategory: NewsOct 9th, 2020Related News

Janella at Markus, umamin na rin sa wakas; fans kinilig

Sa magkahiwalay na sweet tweets ngayong Sabado, kinumpirma sa wakas nina Janella Salvador at Markus Paterson ang matagal nang hinala ng lahat–sila na nga! Naunang nag-post si Markus ng video. Sa saliw ng 1972 soul music na “Me and Mrs. Jones” na unang pinasikat ni Billy Paul, magkayakap na sumasayaw ang dalawa. Masuyo pang hinalikan […] The post Janella at Markus, umamin na rin sa wakas; fans kinilig appeared first on Bandera......»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: NewsSep 13th, 2020Related News