Advertisements


Motorcycle Back-riding For ‘Couples’ Now Allowed

UPDATE 1 (July 9, 2020 at 3:18 PM): According to presidential spokesperson Harry Roque, only married couples are allowed in motorcycle back-riding and will bring and present a photocopy of their marriage contract upon requirement. Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Eduardo Año announced that motorcycle back-riding for couples will be allowed […].....»»

Source: Metrocebu MetrocebuCategory: News11 hr. 22 min. ago Related News

No new deaths reported as COVID-19 tally in Philippines hits 51,754

(Update 1, 5:39 p.m.) The day before, the Philippines hit a troubling milestone of crossing 50,000 cases after the DOH logged 2,539 cases—the highest single-day increase reported in the country......»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: NewsJul 9th, 2020Related News

Medellin logs 3 new cases; Mayor, staff negative for COVID-19

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Medellin Mayor Joven Mondigo Jr. and the staffers of the local government unit who were close contacts with a previously confirmed COVID-19 case in the town have tested negative for the viral infection. Mondigo, in an update on Thursday morning, July 9, 2020, said a number of the municipal personnel were […] The post Medellin logs 3 new cases; Mayor, staff negative for COVID-19 appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: NewsJul 9th, 2020Related News

Update: COVID-19 watch, July 3

People wearing face masks walk on the street in Tokyo, Japan, on July 2, 2020. (Xinhua/Du Xiaoyi)- Tokyo sees highest new infections in 2 months- Belgrade.....»»

Source: Manilanews ManilanewsCategory: NewsJul 4th, 2020Related News

COVID-19 cases in Philippines nearly 42,000 with 1,494 new infections

(Update 1, 5:21 p.m.) More than 10.7 million cases of the coronavirus, including around 517,000 deaths, have been logged globally by the World Health Organization in its latest situation report......»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: NewsJul 4th, 2020Related News

First petition vs anti-terrorism law filed electronically at Supreme Court

(Update 1, 2:23 p.m.) The petitioners seek to nullify pertinent provisions of the said law and prohibit it from being enforced......»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: NewsJul 4th, 2020Related News

Cloudy skies with chance of rains over Mimaropa, Western Visayas, Northern Mindanao

MANILA, Philippines — An intertropical convergence zone (ITCZ) will bring cloudy skies with a chance of rains over Mindoro, Marinduque, Romblon and Palawan (Mimaropa), as well as Western Visayas and Northern Mindanao, the state weather bureau said Saturday. In its 4 a.m. live weather update, the Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) said […] The post Cloudy skies with chance of rains over Mimaropa, Western Visayas, Northern Mindanao appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: NewsJul 4th, 2020Related News

AMLC tells banks to update laundering prevention program

The Anti-Money Laundering Council yesterday reminded banks and financial institutions to update their relevant anti-money laundering policies and procedures, particularly the prompt reporting of suspicious transactions......»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: FinanceJun 30th, 2020Related News

Shimura discharged from hospital, now 70% ‘recovered’

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Daanbantayan Mayor Sun Shimura has been discharged from the hospital, nine days since he announced that he tested positive for COVID-19. In an update on the Municipality of Daanbantayan’s Facebook page this Tuesday morning, June 30, 2020, Shimura is said to be “70 percent recovered.” Read: Shimura is 2nd Cebu mayor […] The post Shimura discharged from hospital, now 70% ‘recovered’ appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: NewsJun 30th, 2020Related News

Consolacion logs 24 recoveries; town’s active cases down to 87

CEBU CITY, Philippines — The Municipality of Consolacion recorded this Monday, June 29, 2020, 24 patients that have recovered from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). This is the town’s highest number of recoveries in a day since the start of the pandemic. In its daily update, the municipal government of Consolacion reported that the bulk […] The post Consolacion logs 24 recoveries; town’s active cases down to 87 appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: NewsJun 29th, 2020Related News

Cagayan niyanig ng magnitude 5.4 lindol

NIYANIG ng magnitude 5.4 lindol ang Cagayan kagabi. Sa ikatlong update na inilabas ng Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology naramdaman ang lindol alas-7:54 ng gabi. Ang epicenter ng lindol ay 34 kilometro sa kanluran ng Calayan. May lalim itong 29 kilometro. Nagdulot ito ng Intensity V sa Calayan, Cagayan. Intensity IV sa Adams, Bangui, […] The post Cagayan niyanig ng magnitude 5.4 lindol appeared first on Bandera......»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: NewsJun 27th, 2020Related News

COVID-19 infections in Philippines near 35,000 with 738 new cases

(Update 1, 4:57 p.m.) This week saw 5,403 additional infections on top of the 29,400 recorded as of last Saturday — the most recorded in a single week so far......»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: NewsJun 27th, 2020Related News

Cloudy skies over Metro Manila, Visayas, Mindanao for Saturday — Pagasa

MANILA, Philippines — Cloudy skies will be over Metro Manila, Visayas, and Mindanao, according to the state weather bureau on Saturday said. In its 4 a.m. live weather update, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical, and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) said that the Intertropical Convergence Zone (ITCZ) continues to affect Southern Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. “Ang ITCZ […] The post Cloudy skies over Metro Manila, Visayas, Mindanao for Saturday — Pagasa appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: NewsJun 27th, 2020Related News

COVID-19 in Asean- update for June 24 - Philippines records record new infections

COVID-19 in Asean: update for June 24 - Philippines records record new infections AEC News Today.....»»

Source: Manilanews ManilanewsCategory: NewsJun 26th, 2020Related News

Court junks inciting to sedition charge vs teacher Ronnel Mas due to illegal arrest

(Update 1, 11:14 a.m.) Olongapo RTC Judge Richard Paradeza granted Mas’ Motion to Quash — where the accused raised the illegality of his arrest—and ordered the dismissal of the inciting to sedition charge against the public school teacher......»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: NewsJun 25th, 2020Related News

COVID-19 infections in Philippines climb to 31,825 with record-high 1,150 new cases

(Update 1, 5:35 p.m.) The coronavirus pandemic has killed 471,754 people worldwide with the global caseload reaching 9.07 million......»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: NewsJun 23rd, 2020Related News

Noose found in stall of Bubba Wallace at Alabama NASCAR race

By JOHN ZENOR AP Sports Writer TALLADEGA, Ala. (AP) — NASCAR said late Sunday that a noose was found in the garage stall of Bubba Wallace at the NASCAR race in Talladega. Wallace is the only full-time Black driver in NASCAR’s elite Cup Series. Two weeks ago, he successfully pushed for NASCAR to ban the Confederate flag at its tracks and properties. NASCAR said it has launched an immediate investigation into the noose. The series says it was “outraged” and said there is no place for racism in NASCAR. On Twitter, Wallace said the “the despicable act of racism and hatred leaves me incredibly saddened and serves as a painful reminder of how much further we have to go as a society and ow persistent we must be in the fight against racism.” “As my mother told me today, ‘They are just trying to scare you,'” he wrote. " This will not break me, I will not give in nor will I back down. I will continue to proudly stand for what I believe in. THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. AP's previous story is below It cost $40 to get into Talladega Superspeedway if you were one of 5,000 people to purchase a ticket and live within 150 miles of the NASCAR staple. But to get to the seat in Row 26A, Seat 12W, you first likely passed dozens of people outside the track proudly displaying Confederate flags, some flying them from pickup trucks. Look up, and you might spot a plane pulling a banner of the Southern symbol, now banned from being displayed inside race tracks, with the words “Defund NASCAR” The Confederate flags that once flew openly around the infield and stands are still for sale across the street. NASCAR hasn't disclosed how it will handle fans flying flags. With the most fans allowed into a NASCAR race during the Coronavirus pandemic it put the spotlight on the Confederate flag ban. There weren't any immediate reports of how many, if any, flags were confiscated or taken down at the venue. NASCAR two weeks ago said it would ban the Confederate flag at its tracks and venues following a call from Bubba Wallace, the series’ only full-time Black driver in the Cup Series. The ban was not tested last week at a track near Miami, where 1,000 military members attended the race. This weekend was seen as a much bigger challenge in the heart of the South with up to 5,000 fans allowed in and a relatively small number of RVs cleared to camp nearby. The ban drew informal protests Saturday and Sunday alike, with cars and pickup trucks driving along nearby roads flying the flag and parading past the entrance to the superspeedway, along with the plane. NASCAR did not acknowledged the plane or its banner, though executive Steve O’Donnell Tweeted a picture of black and white hands shaking: “You won’t see a photo of a jackass flying a flag over the track here...but you will see this...Hope EVERYONE enjoys the race today.” Rapper Ice Cube even tweeted about the plane saying, “(Expletive) him NASCAR, you got new fans in this household.” The race was pushed back to Monday afternoon because of heavy rain and lightning. But before the rain came, the scene was a dramatic departure from the Talladega norm. “It’s weird. It’s eerie,” said David Radvansky, 32, from suburban Atlanta, who brought his wife and boys, 3 and 6. Radvansky, who started coming to Talladega in the 1990s when his father parked cars at races, applauded NASCAR’s decision to ban the Confederate flags. “I don’t think there’s a place for it in NASCAR, to be honest with you,” the 32-year-old said. “That doesn’t sit well with all the good ole boys but it is what it is.” Fans had to go through screening and wear masks to get in for the race, though a few were walking around inside without theirs on. But lines seemed to flow quickly and the sun was shining until about an hour before the race, when rain and lightning started. Bathrooms had arrows directing patrons which way to enter or exit, and attendants lined the way holding signs urging them to “please wear your masks.” Directly across from the track, Ed Sugg’s merchandise tent flew Confederate flags prominently in a display alongside Trump for 2020 banners and an American flag. “They’re doing very well,” said the Helena, Alabama resident, who has been selling an array of wares at NASCAR races for 21 years. “People are disappointed that NASCAR has taken that stance. It’s been around for as long as all of us have been. I don’t think anybody really connects it to any kind of racism or anything. It’s just a Southern thing. It’s transparent. It’s just a heritage thing.” Longtime racing fan Faron Elam, meanwhile, wasn’t thrilled by the fan restrictions and more minimal atmosphere. “This ain’t racing,” said Elam, a 50-year-old from Cottondale, Alabama. “This is nothing like it used to be. You used to come up here and have fun, go to all the souvenir trucks, everything. “You’ve got two out front now. That’s all you’ve got and if you don’t like who’s in it, then you don’t get anything.” Then again, it was to provide the key element for the fan of everything from dirt track to drag racing. “Just anything with speed,” Elam said......»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: SportsJun 22nd, 2020Related News

DID YOU KNOW? Rondina s first commitment was not to UST

University of Sto. Tomas will never ever forget Sisi Rondina. The diminutive spiker will be a lifetime legend in Espana as she played much, much bigger than her size for each and every one of her five seasons as a Golden Tigress. Be it on the sands, where she won four championships and MVPs, or the taraflex, where she won one MVP, her heart was, more often than not, more than enough to will the black and gold to wins. Behind Rondina, UST was reminded that it is a powerhouse in women's volleyball - and she rejuvenated the school's long line of greats. Without a doubt, she is now the standard for all Golden Tigresses to follow. However, that all came oh so close to not coming true. Apparently, the now-23-year-old had committed to a different UAAP school before she headed to UST. "Dapat po talaga, committed na ako sa isa pang UAAP school," she shared in The Prospects Pod last Friday. Yes, Rondina wasn't supposed to be UST's next big thing. Pressed further on which different school that was, though, her lips were sealed. "Ayaw ko na lang po i-mention, pero meron po. Hindi naman lahat, pero basta yon," she said. Nonetheless, that wasn't meant to be and "The Cherry Bomb" became a Golden Tigress. "Medyo natagalan din po kasi. Medyo natagalan yung pag-update sa akin," she said. And Espana can thank UST beach volleyball head coach Paul Jan Doloiras for all of that. As she put it, "Itong si coach Dolo, update nang update sa akin kahit hindi ko naman siya pinapansin china-chat. Ang ginawa ni coach, binigyan ako ng ticket, sabi niya tour lang ng mga five days sa Manila." She then continued, "Ako naman, summer yun e so wala rin akong ginagawa. Binigyan nila ako ng ticket tsaka ng dorm. Pero ang galing ni coach, may USTET (UST Entrance Test) din pala nun so wala akong magagawa." Of course, Rondina passed the USTET - and not long after, UST itself passed her standards. "Nag-take na nga ako and then pagkauwi namin dito, sabi ko kay papa, 'Pa, okay yung UST, maganda.' Sabi naman niya, 'Papuntahin mo muna yung coach mo dito. Manligaw muna sa akin,'" she shared. Coach Dolo did just that. "Pumunta si coach dito, niligawan si papa and then ayun, parang yung responsibilidad ni papa, pinasa niya kay coach. Nagtuloy-tuloy na," the proud Cebuano said. And in the end, Sisi Rondina is a Thomasian through and through. --- Follow this writer on Twitter, @riegogogo......»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: SportsJun 21st, 2020Related News

SWS reports worst trend in survey history as quality of life in Philippines slips

(Update 1, 11:56 a.m.) "The May 2020 Net Gainers score of –78 (Gainers minus Losers, correctly rounded), is the worst in survey history, breaking the previous record low –50 in June 2008.".....»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: NewsJun 18th, 2020Related News

Lopez family retained ABS-CBN ownership despite sequestration order — Enrile

(Update 1, 6:37 p.m.) “ABS-CBN was never transferred to the government. They remained with the Lopezes," he said. .....»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: NewsJun 17th, 2020Related News