Advertisements


DepEd seeks DICT help in delivering alternative learning

The Department of Education partnered with the Department of Information and Communications Technology to assist in delivering requirements related to broadcast, connectivity and digital security for the continued delivery of education amid the coronavirus disease 2019 pandemic. The collaboration will be for the opening of classes on 24 August 2020, to carried out through alternative […] The post DepEd seeks DICT help in delivering alternative learning appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Source: Tribune TribuneCategory: News2 hr. 48 min. ago Related News

Semirara postpones most of 2020 capital spending to 2021 amid crisis

Semirara Mining and Power Corp. said Friday it is moving the bulk of its 2020 capital expenditure budget of P3.7 billion to 2021 amid the coronavirus pandemic......»»

Source: Thestandard ThestandardCategory: Finance3 hr. 48 min. ago Related News

Pacers Oladipo to sit out restart of season

By The Associated Press The Indiana Pacers will finish this season without Victor Oladipo after the two-time All-Star decided to sit out because of the risk of re-injuring his right knee. Earlier this week, Oladipo told reporters he was still debating whether to join his teammates in Orlando. “We totally respect and understand Victor’s decision to not play in the restart of the NBA’s season,” Pacers president of basketball operations Kevin Pritchard said Friday in a statement. “The first priority for our players is, and always will be, their health, whether that be physical or mental health. Victor has looked great in workouts, but the timing of the restart and lack of 5-on-5 activity makes it difficult to for him to commit to playing at the high level he expects with regards to further injury.” On Wednesday, coach Nate McMillan said he anticipated having Oladipo in the NBA’s “bubble,” working out with his teammates and a final decision would be made at a later date. But Oladipo didn’t wait that long. After spending almost a full year rehabbing his right quadriceps tendon, the guard returned to the court Jan. 29. Oladipo played in 13 games before the season was suspended by the COVID-19 pandemic. He was averaging 13.8 points, 3.2 rebounds and 3.0 assists while shooting 39.1%, and appeared to be rounding into form. His contract expires after next season. “His future health is the No. 1 priority and we look forward to having him back at full strength for the 2020-21 season,” Pritchard said. “This is not a unique situation for our team, playing without key players like Victor and Jeremy Lamb. This team has shown great resolve in responding to adversity and we fully expect this will be no different. We remain excited about what they can accomplish in Orlando.".....»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: Sports4 hr. 48 min. ago Related News

Abante Front Page | Balita ngayong July 4, 2020

Abante Front Page | Balita ngayong July 4, 2020.....»»

Source: Abante AbanteCategory: News5 hr. 48 min. ago Related News

Talisay City records 6 new COVID-19 cases on July 3

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Six new cases of the coronavirus disease were reported in Talisay City on Friday, July 3, 2020. The city’s new cases include a senior citizen and a new mother from Barangay Tabunok and a Dumlog resident who underwent swab testing as a requirement for her supposed return to work, said an […] The post Talisay City records 6 new COVID-19 cases on July 3 appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: News6 hr. 5 min. ago Related News

Construction worker who went home on June 25 is Tuburan town’s 2nd COVID case

MANDAUE CITY, Cebu – A construction worker who returned to Tuburan town on June 25 was the midwestern Cebu town’s second confirmed case of the coronavirus disease 2019. In an advisory that was released late night on Friday, July 3, 2020, Mayor Danilo Diamante said that the patient was a 32-years-old resident of Barangay Putat […] The post Construction worker who went home on June 25 is Tuburan town’s 2nd COVID case appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: News6 hr. 5 min. ago Related News

1 of 16 Cordova Fire Station personnel recovers from infection

CEBU CITY, Philippines — One of the 16 personnel of the Cordova Fire Station, who tested positive for the coronavirus disease,  has fully recovered from his infection and is about ready to go back to work. Fire Officer 2 Glenn Orilla said that their first recovery was already discharged on Friday, July 3, 2020, after […] The post 1 of 16 Cordova Fire Station personnel recovers from infection appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: News6 hr. 5 min. ago Related News

‘The fight is not over’ | Groups vow to challenge ‘Terror Law’

Despite gaining broad opposition, Karapatan Secretary General Cristina Palabay said President Duterte still signed it into law as "his time is running short and opposition to his fascist rule is growing stronger by the day that he now desperately needs the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020 to conduct his all-out crackdown on dissent." The post ‘The fight is not over’ | Groups vow to challenge ‘Terror Law’ appeared first on Bulatlat......»»

Source: Bulatlat BulatlatCategory: News8 hr. 48 min. ago Related News

DepEd Offers More Than Just Online Learning Through SLMs

As the school year 2020-2021 is fast approaching, the Department of Education (DepEd) is now preparing to offer a more efficient way of learning for students. With the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic still present, actual face-to-face classes are still prohibited to observe social distancing and other health protocols. Thus, the Self-Learning Modules (SLMs), with […].....»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: Lifestyle17 hr. 5 min. ago Related News

ECJ& rsquo;s valedictory

This is the final speech and report San Miguel Corporation Chairman and CEO Eduardo M. Cojuangco Jr. on SMC operations written days before and prepared for delivery at SMC’s annual stockholders’ meeting on June 30, 2020......»»

Source: Thestandard ThestandardCategory: News20 hr. 5 min. ago Related News

Cebu City breaks 200-mark in COVID-19 deaths, records 18 deaths for July 3

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Cebu City has breached the 200 mark for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) related deaths as the city recorded an additional 18 deaths on July 3, 2020. According to the data released by the Cebu City Health, the deaths were recorded from May 15 to July 1, 2020 from 15 urban barangays. […] The post Cebu City breaks 200-mark in COVID-19 deaths, records 18 deaths for July 3 appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: News20 hr. 48 min. ago Related News

Abellanosa on signing of ATB into law: It could have been imporoved

CEBU CITY, Philippines– Cebu City 2nd District Representative Rodrigo ‘Bebot’ Abellanosa said he believed that the anti-terror bill could have been improved if only there was more than two days given to the House of Representatives to deliberate about the law. Today, July 3, 2020, President Rodrigo Duterte signed the bill into law despite the […] The post Abellanosa on signing of ATB into law: It could have been imporoved appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: News20 hr. 48 min. ago Related News

We will fight back a greater reign of terror

STATEMENT Just when we thought things could not get worse, Pesident Rodrigo Duterte signed today the “Anti-Terrorism Law of 2020,” a law that many legal pundits, human rights advocates, and no less than the United Nations Human Rights Council itself – gravely warned about. With the stroke of a pen, Duterte has unleashed a greater… The post We will fight back a greater reign of terror appeared first on Bulatlat......»»

Source: Bulatlat BulatlatCategory: News21 hr. 48 min. ago Related News

Virtual coronation ng Miss Philippines Earth 2020 rarampa sa GMA 

SA kauna-unahang pagkakataon, isasagawa ang virtual coronation para sa inaabangang 2020 Miss Philippines Earth. Ngayong Linggo na ito mapapanood sa GMA Network kaya siguradong magiging kaabang-abang ito sa lahat ng mga mahilig sa beauty pageant. Ngayong taon, magiging online ang rampahan, pagandagan, patalinuhan at ang pagpuputong ng korona sa susunod na Miss Philippines Earth. Bunsod […] The post Virtual coronation ng Miss Philippines Earth 2020 rarampa sa GMA  appeared first on Bandera......»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: News22 hr. 5 min. ago Related News

Josephine Medina could land 2020 Paralympics berth

Medina, 50, recently received an invitation from the International Table Tennis Federation as an “alternate” through a bipartite agreement given by all international federations to member countries. .....»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: NewsJul 3rd, 2020Related News

Phil and James Younghusband discuss their retirement and future with Philippine football

In a span of just months, Filipino-British football stars Phil and James Younghusband both announced their retirement from the sport, thus ending the Younghusband era in Philippine football.  Phil and James were crucial parts of the Philippine Azkals’ biggest moments, including the Miracle in Hanoi during the 2010 AFF Suzuki Cup, as well as their recent milestones with the AFC Asian Cup berth.  In November of 2019, Phil, the Philippine Azkals’ leading goalscorer announced that he was calling it a career, and in June of 2020, his older brother James followed suit. As it turns out, that wasn’t the original plan for James, who initially wanted hang his spikes up at the end of the year. Speaking to Cedelf Tupas on the Crossover Podcast, James shared that he actually wanted to play out the whole 2020 Philippines Football League season, but the COVID-19 pandemic axed those plans.  “Originally, my plan was to finish off the year with Ceres with the whole 2020 season but of course, with the pandemic and the situation and football put on hold especially now here with it still on break, I just felt it was time to announce, I’ve decided to end it a bit earlier,” James said.  Ceres-Negros was the final stop on James’ long and decorated professional Philippine club football career, which began in 2011.  While 2019 was indeed an eventful year for James on the pitch, he admits he would have wanted a proper end to his career.  “Winning the double last year, getting the chance to play in AFC in the Champions League and with AFC Cup, it was a nice way to end it, but of course, would have been nice to finish the year.” With the uncertainty of things given the COVID-19 pandemic however, James felt that the time was right to put a bow on what has been a great career.  “Just felt with the momentum of being on break, I had to announce it now, and seeing around, waiting around, wondering when the league would restart but I felt yeah, it was time to announce it and I’m just thankful to everyone for the great messages and the great articles…itreally feels great to see that appreciation.” James admitted that seeing his younger brother retire first did play a part in influencing his decision as well.  “Yeah, I think as well. During this time, you’re sitting at home, a lot of time to think and evaluate yourself and your life, and as well, my brother he’s starting a family, me as well I felt there’s other things in life I want to experience as well and a new chapter to begin.” “It played a part as well, we had a great run as well, great memories as well and I just felt the time was right during this pandemic to announce it,” James added.  As for Phil, he explained that his decision to retire last year came after a series of setbacks coupled with him getting ready to start a family.  “I mean there’s a lot of ups and downs and the downs can really bring you down and it came to a point that I had successive blows with the folding of Davao, with not being able to start in games in the Asian Cup, it was very disappointing and my morale was very low and I was getting married at the time, losing my job when I knew I had to fund a wedding,” Phil admitted.  “I just knew my priorities when my wife, we were starting a family and I just felt very unmotivated with football so those successive blows really took its toll on me and I knew I didn’t wanna feel that again and I want security and start a family, your priority is family you gonna want to support them and make sure they never in a vulnerable position so I decided I want to be in a position where I can support them and give them security,” Phil continued.  Unfortunately, unlike in most other Southeast Asian countries, the Philippines is still struggling to keep a local club football league afloat, which can largely be attributed to the clubs themselves struggling to get financial support.  “Playing in Philippine football is not gonna give me that because there’s been numerous times clubs folded and look what’s going on now, it’s really tough,” Phil said. “I was in the same position of a lot of players are going through now in Philippine football where clubs are going to find financial support and it’s very difficult. I empathize with anyone in that position.”  While the Younghusband era in Philippine football may be over in terms of them being players, there remains a large possibility that the two remain involved in a different capacity, whether it be coaching or otherwise. “I think it’s now time where I wanna start pursuing a possibility in coaching and learning more about coaching,” he shared. “I would actually like to travel as well to different countries and learn about different cultures about football also, and different philosophies,” said James.  “I wanna travel to different countries and learn different ways of styles of football, coaching football. My goal was always to help develop Philippine football and to go abroad, learn, and come and share that to the Philippines,” he continued.  “James and I have always said a lot of our knowledge and experience were gained at Chelsea Football Club. We were able to watch the best players in the world every day, the best facilities, being under the best coaches in the world and most of our knowledge and experience has come from that but we feel if we want to grow in the sport and we want to help develop football even more in the Philippines, we need to go abroad and gain more knowledge, more experience and be able to bring it back again to the Philippines,” Phil added.  “I think we still have a lot to offer Philippine football, whether that’s next year or the year after. We don’t know but we still have something to offer,” he continued......»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: SportsJul 3rd, 2020Related News

7-foot Fil-Am hoops prospect Sage Tolentino channels inner-Manny Pacquiao in workout video

7-foot Filipino-American high school prospect Sage Tolentino isn’t a household name yet, but don’t be surprised if he becomes one in the near future.  The 16-year old is currently ranked as the top high school player in Hawaii, and should be a coveted recruit for any university, or eventually follow in the footsteps of fellow towering Pinoy Kai Sotto in the G-League.  Tolentino could also be one of the cornerstones of future Philippine National Teams, with the SBP already reaching out to him.  Always looking for new ways to push himself and improve physically, it looks like Tolentino is keen on taking up another sport as a form of cross-training.  A video posted on East West Private’s Instagram page shows Tolentino trying his hand at boxing, channeling Filipino boxing legend and eight-division world champion Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao.          View this post on Instagram                   When training for your future basketball dreams it doesn’t always mean you find yourself daily on the court. @mannypacquiao Sage said he LOVED IT! Maybe one day you can come train with @kzsotto and @sagee23_ for some cross training. Show them a few moves. At EWP today our goal for Sage was: - Hand-eye coordination - Understanding time and space - Footwork relative to basketball, positioning, and leverage - Learning how to stay focused through fatigue - Muscular endurance - Controlled aggression A post shared by EWP (@eastwestprivate) on Jul 2, 2020 at 4:25am PDT “When training for your future basketball dreams, it doesn’t always mean you find yourself daily on the court,” the post’s caption read, before giving a shout out to Pacquiao himself and inviting him to train Tolentino and the G-League-bound Sotto.  Boxing is actually a pretty popular cross-training sport for a lot of NBA players, as it’s a good way to build up cardio and improve footwork.  Stars like Damian Lillard, Joel Embiid, Kyle Kuzma, John Wall, and many others have put on a pair of 16-ounce gloves and hit the mitts to keep themselves in tip-top shape during the off-season.  With Pacquiao being an avid hoops fan himself, what’s the likelihood that he does bite on the offer to help train two of the Philippines’ most promising young stars?.....»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: SportsJul 3rd, 2020Related News

ONE champ Aung La N Sang tests positive for COVID-19

Two-division ONE World Champion Aung La N Sang revealed on his Instagram account Friday morning that he has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus.          View this post on Instagram                   Dear family and friends, I got tested for covid-19 on Monday and the result came back today and I am positive. So my family and I will be quarantining ourselves for the next 14 days. I had a slight fever, congestion, body ache and fatigue on the first two days. Besides that I am blessed that my whole family is doing well. We are really in this together and we will get over this. A post shared by Aung La Nsang (@aunglansang) on Jul 2, 2020 at 2:21pm PDT “I got tested for COVID-19 on Monday and the result came back today and I am positive,” wrote ONE Championship’s reigning middleweight and light heavyweight titleholder. “So my family and I will be quarantining ourselves for the next 14 days.” “I had a slight fever, congestion, body ache and fatigue on the first two days. Besides that, I am blessed that my whole family is doing well. We are really in this together and we will get over this,” Aung La N Sang continued.  The 35-year old was born in Myanmar, but moved to the United States in 2004. He now lives in Ford Lauderdale, Florida, and trains out of the Sanford MMA stable, formerly known as Hard Knocks 365, under legendary kickboxer and trainer Henri Hooft.  In terms of the COVID-19 pandemic, the state of Florida recently became the center of a spike in cases. Now, the state currently has 169,000 recorded cases, making them the fifth-highest in the US, just behind New York, California, Texas, and New Jersey.  Aung La N Sang’s most recent appearance in the ONE circle was back in October of 2019, wherein he successfully defended the ONE Light Heavyweight World Championship by knocking out reigning ONE Heavyweight World Champion Brandon Vera in the second round. .....»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: SportsJul 3rd, 2020Related News

Editorial Cartoon (July 3, 2020)

Editorial Cartoon (July 3, 2020).....»»

Source: Tempo TempoCategory: NewsJul 3rd, 2020Related News

Tempo 03 July 2020, Friday issue

Tempo 03 July 2020, Friday issue.....»»

Source: Tempo TempoCategory: NewsJul 3rd, 2020Related News