Advertisements


Thousands stranded due to Bising

Thousands stranded due to Bising.....»»

Category: newsSource: cnnphilippines cnnphilippinesApr 18th, 2021

No stranded passengers yet in CV for BISING PH

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Despite the cancellation of trips to certain areas in the Visayas and Mindanao, the Philippine Coast Guard in Central Visayas (PCG-7) reports no stranded passengers yet for April 17, 2021. The PCG has earlier announced the suspension of sea travels to certain areas in Visayas and Mindanao as Typhoon BISING PH […] The post No stranded passengers yet in CV for BISING PH appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 17th, 2021

Aladdin s cave of goods stranded in Suez logjam

An Aladdin's cave of goods ranging from IKEA furnishings to tens of thousands of livestock is stuck in a maritime traffic jam caused by the Suez Canal blockage......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsMar 29th, 2021

DFA: 327,511 OFWs repatriated in 2020

Thousands of OFWs found themselves stranded overseas since the outbreak started, while thousands more remained stranded inside quarantine facilities, in airports or other places in the country before they could be allowed to go back to their respective provinces......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 4th, 2021

Vicky makes landfall in Davao Oriental, triggers floods

Tropical depression Vicky made landfall yesterday in Baganga, Davao Oriental, bringing heavy rains and spawning floods that stranded thousands of commuters and submerged houses, forcing residents to evacuate to higher ground in many parts of Eastern Mindanao......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 18th, 2020

Thousands evacuated, stranded due to Quinta

Thousands evacuated, stranded due to Quinta.....»»

Category: newsSource:  cnnphilippinesRelated NewsOct 26th, 2020

Thousands evacuated, stranded amid Quinta onslaught

"So far we have not received any info on deaths caused by Quinta. However, there were 12 people reported as missing in Catanduanes, [and] we are still looking into the details of this matter," NDRRMC spokesperson Mark Timbal told reporters in a text message. .....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 26th, 2020

Refugee LSIs at massive risk

The Duterte administration must act swiftly to help the thousands of so-called “locally-stranded individuals” or LSIs in Metro Manila go back to their homes in the provinces. .....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsAug 2nd, 2020

Recto appeals for free rapid testing for LSIs

Senate President Pro Tempore Ralph Recto on Wednesday appealed for free RT-PCR (polymerase chain reaction) tests for locally-stranded individuals before they are sent home. (JANSEN ROMERO / MANILA BULLETIN) The LSIs, he said, should also be treated as VIPs, or “very important passengers” and have them avail of the COVID-19 swab tests before they are transported back to their home provinces. “These ‘VIPs’ are entitled to the same gold standard of testing, more so that they’ve been lodged in a place that will check all the boxes in the list of a possible outbreak spot,” said Recto. Recto was commenting on the thousands of LSIs crammed at the Rizal Memorial Stadium in Manila, brushing aside physical distancing protocols while they wait for their turn to be brought home under the government’s “Hatid Tulong” program. “If we have tested for free those who’ve been on strict quarantine because they’re going to listen to a speech, then all the more we should test exposed individuals who are going home to their loved ones,” he said, referring to the RT-PCR tests conducted for lawmakers and attendees of President Duterte’s recent State of the Nation Address (SONA). “May karapatan din sa peace of mind ang mga komunidad na naghihintay sa kanilang pagdating (Those who have been waiting for them in their communities also have the right to peace of mind),” he pointed out. Recto said the PCR tests will also help prevent the entry and spread of the novel coronavirus in local government units. “A swab test will ensure that the coronavirus will not be hitchhiking to family reunions. Those positive will be flagged from boarding. And spare understaffed and underfunded LGUs and local hospitals from handling a ‘pasa load’ from the national government,” he said. “Kung ngayon, bawal magtransport ng baboy dahil sa ASF at kailangan may certificate na ligtas ang mga ito, tao pa kaya?” he also noted. While saying that he was also “painfully aware” of the shortage on test kits, he lamented the plight of LSIs who have been stranded for months or have resorted to sleeping on streets. Recto said he will defer to the Interagency Task Force of Emerging Infectious Diseases to study and consider the call. Under the Hatid Tulong program, the LSIs must undergo rapid test for COVID-19  and secure medical clearance and travel authority before being allowed to depart going to their provinces. Reports said at least 20 LSIs in the Rizal Stadium have tested positive for antibodies in the rapid tests......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJul 30th, 2020

Regretful and frightening

The crammed crowd of thousands of locally stranded passengers—more than 8,000 as reports have it—inside the Rizal Memorial Sports Complex these few days is a giant turnoff, at the minutest frame......»»

Category: lifestyleSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJul 28th, 2020

Palace on LSIs crammed at Rizal stadium: There were lapses

Thousands of stranded Filipinos who sought the government’s “Hatid Tulong” program flocked to the Rizal Memorial Sports Complex over the weekend, raising concerns on the failure to impose physical distancing at the stadium......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 28th, 2020

PCG tests LSIs at Rizal stadium

The Philippine Coast Guard has sent 25 medical technologists to attend to thousands of locally stranded individuals staying at the Rizal Memorial Stadium in Manila and waiting to catch a ride back to their home provinces......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 26th, 2020

Mass send-off of LSIs continue today

CALOOCAN CITY, July 5 (PIA) --The mass send-off of Locally-Stranded Individuals will continue today, 05 July 2020, for LSIs going to Luzon and Visayas destinations.Yesterday, thousands of LS.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsJul 5th, 2020

Thousands of stranded sent off this weekend

Thousands of stranded sent off this weekend.....»»

Category: entertainmentSource:  pepRelated NewsJul 3rd, 2020

More PNP vehicles deployed to ferry stranded workers

The Philippine National Police (PNP) has deployed more vehicles that include buses and troop carriers in Metro Manila and other parts of the country to assist thousands of workers who were caught between the government’s decision to reopen the economy and the lack of enough public utility vehicles to transport them to their workplaces. Maj. […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tempoRelated NewsJun 3rd, 2020

GCQ day 1: Thousands stranded

Thousands of commuters mostly workers returning to their jobs were stranded yesterday in Metro Manila, as public transport remained limited despite the easing of restrictions for the first time after more than two months of Luzon-wide quarantine......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 1st, 2020

Stranded workers in Boracay gradually sent home — mayor

  Iloilo City—Thousands of workers stranded at world famous Boracay Island in Malay town, Aklan province can gradually go home to their respective hometowns as community quarantine continues. “The first batch of stranded workers left this weekend.  They have been reunited with their families,” Mayor Frolibar Bautista said Monday in a phone interview. The local […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tempoRelated NewsApr 27th, 2020

Coronavirus in SA: Impasse over evacuation of British citizens

Thousands of UK citizens are believed to be in distress while they are stranded in South Africa but the government refuses to relax lockdown regulations to allow the European country's crews to res.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsMar 29th, 2020

Coronavirus in SA: Impasse over evacuation of British citizens

Thousands of UK citizens are believed to be in distress while they are stranded in South Africa but the government refuses to relax lockdown regulations to allow the European country's crews to res.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsMar 28th, 2020

500 Pinoys stranded in California over virus fears

At least 500 Filipino crew members were among the thousands stranded on a cruise ship off the California coast over fears of the new coronavirus after passengers and crew members on board developed symptoms......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsMar 6th, 2020

HK, Macau-bound OFWs still stranded for lack of flights

THOUSANDS of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) bound for Hong Kong and Macau cannot leave Manila due to lack of flights to the Special Administrative Regions (SARs). Emmanuel Geslani, recruitment consultant and migration expert, said that although the Philippine government has lifted the travel ban to Hong Kong and Macau “these workers still have not left […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsFeb 26th, 2020