Advertisements


Taal victims receive aid from Pagcor and its licensees

Victims of Taal Volcano’s eruption can expect additional assistance as the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (Pagcor) approved the release of P20 million funding from one of its casino licensees. Melco Resorts (Philippines) Foundation Corporation (MRP Foundation) – the charitable arm of City of Dreams Manila operator, Melco Resorts and Entertainment Corporation – turned over […].....»»

Category: newsSource: manilatimes_net manilatimes_netFeb 3rd, 2020

Taal victims receive AXA payment relief

AXA Philippines extended the due date for premium payments of customers who may have been affected by the Taal volcano unrest to 90 days, instead of the usual 30 days. The extension applies to policyholders in selected affected areas in Batangas, Cavite and Laguna......»»

Category: financeSource:  thestandardRelated NewsFeb 19th, 2020

Taal Victims Receive New Homes from DHSUD

Almost 200 families displaced by the eruption of Taal Volcano have found new homes at a government resettlement area in Ibaan, Batangas. Department of Human Settlements and Urban Development (DHSUD) Secretary Eduardo D. Del Rosario said that President Rodrigo Roa Duterte approved the awarding of the housing units for free. “The President will give out […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsFeb 17th, 2020

8,000 Taal victims assured of houses

About 8,000 families that were displaced by Taal Volcano’s eruption will receive housing units previously allotted to the military and police forces......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsFeb 5th, 2020

Go sends livelihood aid to Taal victims

Sen. Bong Go, in coordination with the Department of Trade and Industry, distributed livelihood assistance to 74 residents of Agoncillo, Batangas on Wednesday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 9th, 2020

Gullas promises more aid for Tangke fire victims

CEBU CITY, Philippines – The over 400 individuals who were displaced by a fire that hit Barangay Tangke, Talisay City last Thursday, September 10, are expected to receive more help from the city government and other government offices. Talisay City Mayor Gerald Anthony ‘Samsam’ Gullas announced his plan to extend to four days instead of […] The post Gullas promises more aid for Tangke fire victims appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 14th, 2020

Lloyd Cadena, the influencer who genuinely cared for the poor

He helped victims of the Taal Volcano eruption, gave away relief packs to the community amid the lockdown, and also extended help to our frontliners. Lloyd also has a soft spot for kids. He had been consistently giving away school supplies and even reached out to Aetas in Pampanga. The post Lloyd Cadena, the influencer who genuinely cared for the poor appeared first on Bulatlat......»»

Category: newsSource:  bulatlatRelated NewsSep 7th, 2020

Basak San Nicolas fire victims receive financial aid

CEBU CITY, Philippines — The victims of the fire that hit Barangay Basak San Nicolas last March 2020 have finally received their financial aid five months after the tragedy. The Cebu City Department of Social Welfare and Services (DSWS) led the distribution at the Basak San Nicolas gym on Tuesday, September 1, 2020, where 122 […] The post Basak San Nicolas fire victims receive financial aid appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 1st, 2020

PSC vows no job layoffs despite financial woes amid pandemic

While unemployment has risen to an alarming rate amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Philippine Sports Commission assured its employees that there will no layoffs in the agency. Appearing on Tuesday’s online session of the Philippine Sportswriters Association (PSA) Forum, chairman William ‘Butch’ Ramirez said that despite a meager budget with nothing more to spare, the PSC will continue to carry out its day-to-day operations. Even under these very difficult times, the PSC puts priority on the welfare of its workers Ramirez stressed.   “Even before COVID, we have communicated with Malacanang that we will let go of some contractual employees,” said Ramirez, adding that it would have taken effect on Aug. 31. But the global pandemic made the PSC change its mind. “We in the PSC board made a collective decision that it will not happen. We will not remove anyone from the PSC unless there is cause. We are in very difficult times,” said Ramirez. The PSC has 250 regular employees and more than 250 contractuals. “Sa kahirapan ngayon, ano ang kakainin nila?” said Ramirez, currently staying with his wife at the athletes’ quarters at the PhilSports Complex (formerly ULTRA) in Pasig City. The agency months ago implemented belt-tightening measures, including a 50 percent ‘equity reduction’ on the allowances of the national athletes and coaches. But despite the financial difficulties, athletes and coaches continue to receive their allowances, and can expect to get their regular stipends once the situation improves or when the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) resumes its monthly remittances of close to P100 million to the PSC. Ramirez also added government sports agency is thinking beyond sports, and talked about “fortitude and sacrifice" during the Forum presented by San Miguel Corp., Go For Gold, Milo, PAGCOR, Amelie Hotel Manila, Braska Restaurant, and powered by Smart, with Upstream Media as official webcast partner. At the height of the lockdown, the national government channeled P1 billion of PSC money for COVID-19 purposes. The PSC has also allowed the use of its facilities like the Rizal Coliseum and Ninoy Aquino Stadium in the fight against the deadly virus. The PSC has also donated 350 beds and close to 500 laptops that were used during last year’s Southeast East Asian Games to various government offices during the pandemic. “The PSC is not only focused on sports now. We are adapting to the new environment,” said Ramirez......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsAug 18th, 2020

Cong. Tolentino to lobby return of slashed 2020 PSC budget

Philippine Olympic Committee president and congressman Bambol Tolentino will lobby in the House of Representatives the return of the funds slashed from the national sports agency brought by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The Philippine Sports Commission was among the government agencies instructed by the Department of Budget and Management to slice its 2020 budget by more than half. The PSC returned P700 million out of its P900 million budget to be used in the fight against the deadly virus.    PSC’s other source of fund was also severely hit by the health crisis with the dwindling remittance from the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation as most of the country put under community quarantine, forcing the agency to do belt-tightening measures including slashing the national athletes’ allowances in half. Tolentino told reporters on Monday via Zoom press conference that PAGCOR has resumed its remittance. “Nag-remit na ang PAGCOR ulit. I don’t know kung mako-cover na ‘yung portion ng month na nabawasan na ang allowances,” he said. However, anticipating that the remittance won’t be enough, Tolentino announced that he will lobby in Congress the return of the diverted PSC budget. “Pero kung ‘di man ma-cover (ng PAGCOR remittance), my announcement is, not as POC president, but as a member of the House of representative, we will try to give back the amount that was taken from the PSC national development fund na ibinalik sa national treasury for the COVID-19 use. Amounting to P700 million,” said the representative of the eighth district of Cavite. Athletes are set to have their allowances cut in half starting July. “So kung ‘yun lang ang kailangan para maibalik o ma-sustain ang mawawala we will try in the House of Representatives I will lobby for it. We will try to return it in this coming second Bayanihan extension act to return the amount given to the national treasury because of the COVID-19,” said Tolentino. “Para lang ‘wag mabasawan o maibalik, para lang complete ang allowances again ng mga athletes.” The lawmaker added the athletes who brought honor and pride to the country including copping the overall championship in the 2019 Southeast Asian Games held in the country deserve to receive full financial support from the government even amid this crisis. “Ang point ko rito kasi baka di alam ni Pangulong (Rodrigo) Duterte na tinamaan ‘yung mga national athletes, ‘yung mga allowances. Baka kapag nalaman niya, ‘Huh? After giving pride and glory being overall champion sa SEA Games tapos tatamaan din sila, yung mga frontliners natin sa sports,’” he said. “Pipilitin naming ibalik ang amount na ‘yun,” added Tolentino.      --- Follow this writer on Twitter, @fromtheriles.....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJun 22nd, 2020

PSC hopes allowance and budget cuts are only temporary

The Philippine Sports Commission will return the regular allowances received by athlete and coaches once the budget that the agency usually receives from the remittance of the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation returns to normal.      PSC chairman William ‘Butch’ Ramirez could only hope that the 50 percent budget cut on the allowances will only be temporary. “’Pag bumalik ‘yung pera mula sa PAGCOR, ibabalik din namin ‘yan sa mga atleta. That money is intended for the athletes both grassroots and elite,” said Ramirez on Tuesday during the online Philippine Sportswriters Association Forum. Ramirez said that slashing the monthly allowances was the best option with PAGCOR’s usual P150 million remittance in the past three to four years dropping to only P9 million in April amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.       “Mabigat pero tinitingnan namin ‘yung aming balance as of May. Hindi kami aabot sa December kung normal na ibinibigay naming allowance eh ipagpapatuloy,” he said.  Top athletes receive P45,000 a month from the PSC, and P10,000 for those in the training pool. The PSC gets the main bulk of its budget PAGCOR thru its monthly casino earnings. Last March, PAGCOR’s contribution went down from P150 million to P99 million. It further decreased to P9 million in April with most gaming operations shutdown because of the contagion. “It breaks our hearts. Pero kapag bumalik yan (National Sports Development Fund), we are committed to spend it for the athletes. The purpose of that funding is to spend it,” said Ramirez.     --- Follow this writer on Twitter, @fromheriles.....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJun 2nd, 2020

Housing department continues aid to Taal victims

The Department of Human Settlements and Urban Development (DHSUD) has reiterated its commitment to help the victims of Taal Volcano eruption last January who wished to relocate to safer ground due to the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) pandemic. “To ensure that the evacuees are securely cared for, we have built a structure of operations to […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsMay 19th, 2020

Spoiled rice intended for COVID-19 victims returned to supplier 

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Barangay Mabolo was among the first barangay who received their allocation of rice assistance from the city government. At least a week into the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ), Mabolo residents expected to receive their rice allocation. However, on Tuesday, April 7, 2020, the barangay had to recall all the distributed rice […] The post Spoiled rice intended for COVID-19 victims returned to supplier  appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 7th, 2020

Private aid boosts gov’t funds for virus victims

  PRESIDENT Duterte announced Monday night a P200-billion aid program for low-income families badly affected by the coronavirus pandemic and the quarantine program set up to stop it. Using government funds authorized by the recently enacted “Bayanihan to Heal as One Act,” the President said some 18 million poor households will each receive P3,000 to […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tempoRelated NewsApr 4th, 2020

PAGCOR licensees& nbsp;to donate P200 million

Entertainment City casino licensees of the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corp. are donating more than P200 million worth of essential items to boost the government’s efforts in fighting the rapidly evolving coronavirus disease 2019......»»

Category: financeSource:  thestandardRelated NewsMar 22nd, 2020

Taal Volcano eruption-inspired art exhibit to donate proceeds to victims

Renowned Filipino artist Manuel Baldemor recently launched his latest exhibit “Bulkang Taal: Bangon Batangas” at the SM Mall of Asia Central Atrium, Level 2......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMar 5th, 2020

AXA extends payment due date for Taal victims

To offer help towards customers who may have been affected by the Taal volcano unrest, AXA Philippines extends the due date for premium payments to 90 days (instead of the usual 30 days) for policyholders in selected affected areas in Batangas, Cavite, and Laguna. “Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families who are […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsFeb 28th, 2020

Joint Task Force Storm extends helping hands to the victims of Taal volcano eruption

The cargo successfully reached Batangas Port on the following day and released the 200 sacks of rice to the proper authorities that distributed the same to the victims of Taal Volcano Eruption......»»

Category: newsSource:  samarnewsRelated NewsFeb 22nd, 2020

Taal communities receive aid from Smart

PLDT wireless unit Smart Communications Inc. extends support to families from communities affected by the Taal Volcano eruption by providing cash-for-work assistance, materials to rebuild homes and early warning tools for selected communities. Smart coordinated with the social welfare office of the Laurel municipality to give cash to select families from Barangay Buso-Buso in exchange […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsFeb 22nd, 2020

BDO Remit Spain Sets Up Donation Drive for Taal Eruption Victims

BDO Unibank’s remittance office in Barcelona, Spain has organized a donation drive to the distressed victims of the Taal eruption by putting up drop-off boxes for Filipinos who want to donate in kind. These donation boxes will then be delivered to BDO’s corporate social responsibility arm, BDO Foundation, in the Philippines for distribution to the […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsFeb 21st, 2020

UP Beta Sigma holds shooting tilt

The UP Beta Sigma Fraternity Shooting Club is holding the Jesus R. Jayme Shooting Competition, the 1STBeta Sigma Cup, on March 21 and 22 at the Armscor Facility in Marikina City to help raise funds for the victims of the recent Taal Volcano eruption......»»

Category: sportsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsFeb 20th, 2020