Advertisements


Sinovac submits application to conduct PH trial

Sinovac submits application to conduct PH trial.....»»

Category: newsSource: cnnphilippines cnnphilippinesOct 22nd, 2020

DOST: Trials for China s Sinovac, Clover may start end-2020 or early 2021

The COVID-19 vaccine candidates of Sinovac Biotech Ltd. and Clover Biopharmaceuticals have passed the technical review of the vaccine expert panel for their application to conduct Phase 3 clinical trials in the Philippines......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 27th, 2020

DOH: Review of Sinovac application for vaccine trial won t stop despite Brazil suspension of study

Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said the Chinese firm needs to submit an official report on the “serious adverse incident” involving a volunteer recipient, prompting Brazil’s health regulator to suspend the study of one of the most advanced vaccine candidates......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 11th, 2020

China’s Sinovac hurdles initial stage of screening for clinical trials in Philippines

FDA Director General Eric Domingo said Sinovac has passed the review of the vaccine experts panel chaired by the Department of Science and Technology to conduct Phase 3 clinical trial in the Philippines......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 15th, 2020

Where clinical trials are planned for the Janssen, Sinovac and Clover vaccines

Belgium-based firm Janssen Pharmaceutica and Chinese drugmakers Sinovac Biotech and Clover Biopharmaceuticals have secured approval from the country's Food and Drug Administration to conduct clinical trials of their COVID-19 shots in the country......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 22nd, 2021

LIST: Target trial sites in PH for Janssen, Clover, Sinovac vaccines

MANILA, Philippines — Three Covid-19 vaccines have been cleared so far by regulators to be tested in the Philippines through Phase 3 clinical trials— the vaccines developed by Belgium-based Janssen Pharmaceuticals and Chinese firms Clover Biopharmaceuticals and Sinovac Biotech. Under Phase 3 clinical trials, thousands of patients have to be inoculated with the candidate vaccine to test its efficacy […] The post LIST: Target trial sites in PH for Janssen, Clover, Sinovac vaccines appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 22nd, 2021

Janssen, Clover pushing through with Philippine trials

Multinational pharmaceutical giant Janssen and Chinese firm Clover Biopharmaceuticals could still pursue plans to conduct Phase 3 clinical trials for their respective candidate COVID-19 vaccines despite government pronouncements to buy from Chinese firms Sinovac and Sinopharm, Science and Technology Secretary Fortunato dela Peña said yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 15th, 2021

No application yet, but Sinovac to get FDA nod

No application yet, but Sinovac to get FDA nod.....»»

Category: newsSource:  cnnphilippinesRelated NewsJan 13th, 2021

Sinovac vaccine ng China wala pang 60% na epektibo, ayon sa pag-aaral sa Brazil

SAO PAULO — Mababa pa sa 60 porsyento na epektibo ang vaccine ng Sinovac Biotech ng China, ayon sa late-stage trial na isinagawa sa Brazil. Nag-partner ang Butantan biomedical center ng Sao Paolo at ang Sinovac para pag-aralan ang bakuna ng China sa Brazil at nakatakdang ilabas ang resulta ng kanilang pagsusuri ngayong Martes. Noong […] The post Sinovac vaccine ng China wala pang 60% na epektibo, ayon sa pag-aaral sa Brazil appeared first on Bandera......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 12th, 2021

FDA okays Clover COVID-19 vaccine clinical trial

The Food and Drug Administration approved on Friday Clover Biopharmaceuticals’ application for its COVID-19 vaccine trial in the Philippines......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsJan 9th, 2021

China’s Clover gets nod for Philippine trials

The Food and Drug Administration yesterday approved the application of Chinese firm Clover Biopharmaceuticals to conduct clinical trials in the Philippines for its COVID-19 vaccine......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 9th, 2021

DOST: Russian researchers drop bid to hold vax trial; emergency use application seen this week

DOST Undersecretary Rowena Guevara said the Moscow-based developer is expected to submit its application for EUA on Friday or Saturday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 8th, 2021

FDA OKs Janssen application to hold vaccine trial in Philippines

“Out of the three applications for independent trials, we have approved one yesterday. And that’s the one by Janssen,” FDA Director General Eric Domingo said in a briefing Tuesday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 29th, 2020

DOH: Next step for AstraZeneca is application for emergency use

MANILA, Philippines — After its withdrawal of application for the conduct of COVID-19 shots clinical trials in the country, the next step for British vaccine developer AstraZeneca for its vaccines to be able to be used in the Philippines is an application for emergency use authorization, according to the Department of Health (DOH). Health Undersecretary […] The post DOH: Next step for AstraZeneca is application for emergency use appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 14th, 2020

China firm hurdles review panel on vaccine trial

Chinese drugmaker Clover Biopharmaceuticals may soon conduct clinical trials for its COVID-19 vaccine in the country after it secured clearances from both the technical panel of vaccine experts and the ethics review board, Science Secretary Fortunato de la Peña said......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 5th, 2020

Phl trials with Sino ‘cure’ eyed

The Philippine government eyes to start clinical trials against COVID-19 with Chinese vaccines by the end of December depending on the flow of their application, the Department of Science and Technology (DoST) announced on Friday. DoST-Philippine Council for Health Research and Development Executive Director Dr. Jaime Montoya said this came after both Sinovac Biotech and […] The post Phl trials with Sino ‘cure’ eyed appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsNov 27th, 2020

Australia s Vaxine eyes coronavirus vaccine trial in Philippines — DOST

DOST Secretary Fortunato de la Peña said the biotechnology firm based in Australia has informed the department that it is willing to conduct clinical trial and manufacturing of its potential vaccines against COVID-19 in the Philippines......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 26th, 2020

Sinopharma drops Phase 3 vaccine trial in Philippines

Chinese pharmaceutical firm Sinopharma will not pursue an earlier plan to conduct Phase 3 clinical trials of the candidate COVID-19 vaccine it is developing in the Philippines......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 22nd, 2020

Rights groups slam MMDA spox for ‘drama serye’ remark on detained activist

Human rights groups slammed Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) Spokesperson Celine Pialago following her “drama serye” remarks at detained activist Reina Mae Nasino who recently buried her three-month-old daughter River.  Kapatid, a support group for families and friends of political prisoners, said those who downgrade what happened to the political prisoner are only trying to “cover the government’s gross violation of human rights.”  “The story of Reina Mae Nasino and her 3-month-old child who died last week is not ‘drama-serye.’ It is a real story that exposed the countless injustices committed by the government,” it said in a statement released on Sunday.  “MMDA Chair Danny Lim, a former political prisoner himself, should have long shown the door to his spokesperson. It should be obvious by now that sensitivity cannot be taught nor proper manners and right conduct if one is empty-headed,” it added. Meanwhile, National Union of People’s Lawyers (NUPL) President Edre Olalia was more restrained, saying they would “do the same thing if she was in Ina’s position and circumstance. “To start with, we will never ever wish this horrible tragedy and injustice to visit the Asec, her mother, her daughters, her sisters and her aunts,” he said in a Facebook post. Despite having nothing to do with traffic, Pialago felt the need to “use her voice as a Filipino” to share her two cents on Nasino’s case. “Hindi lahat ng inang nakakulong ay nakapunta sa libing ng kanyang anak. Kaya yung mga sumisimpatya kay Reina Mae Nasino, pag aralan niyo mabuti ang dahilan bakit siya nakulong at kilalanin niyong mabuti kung sino siya sa lipunan (Not all jailed mothers get to visit their children’s funeral. So all of those who sympathize with Reina Mae Nasino, study well why she was imprisoned and know who she is and what her role is in society),” she said in a Facebook post on Sunday morning. “Masyado ninyong ginagawang pang drama serye sa hapon ang paghihinagpis niya. Tigilan niyo (You are trying to make her grief like an afternoon drama serye. Stop it)!” she added. Nasino was five months pregnant with River when she was arrested in November 2019 for allegedly being found with firearms and explosives at the Bagong Alyansang Makabayan Manila Office in Tondo, Manila. Her lawyers have insisted that the pieces of evidence were planted and that the charges filed against her are trumped-up. She gave birth to River on July 1 at the Dr. Jose Fabella Memorial Medical Hospital on July 1. She and her baby were returned to the Manila City Jail 48 hours later. Before this, she filed a motion before the Manila Regional Trial Court (RTC) to allow her to breastfeed her daughter for a year at the hospital or a prison nursery.  But Manila RTC Branch 20 Judge Marivic Balisi-Umali denied this, saying that the jail has “very limited resources” for the care of her child.  Nasino was also among 22 elderly and medically-compromised detainees who filed a motion for their compassionate release amid the pandemic on April 8 before the Supreme Court. But months later, the High Court ruled that the trial courts will be the ones to decide on their temporary release. On August 13, the activist-mother was ordered to turn her child over to her relatives.  River was admitted at the Philippine General Hospital for fever and diarrhea on September 24. She was placed in the intensive care unit on October 9 where she died a few hours later.  A few hours before her daughter died, Nasino filed a very urgent motion for furlough so she can be with her child in her dying moments. On October 13, Manila RTC Branch 47 Judge Paulino Gallegos granted her three full days from October 14 to 16 to be by her daughter’s side during the wake and burial.  But the next day, he cut Nasino’ furlough down to only six hours from 1 to 4 p.m. on October 14 and 16 after receiving opposition from the Manila City Jail. The Manila City Jail cited lack of personnel, health concerns, and a guideline stating that detainees can only be at their loved ones’ burial and wake for a maximum of three hours. For both the wake and the funeral, Nasino was clad in a full set of personal protective equipment, handcuffed, and flanked by numerous uniformed personnel.  Tensions rose during the wake after her escorts tried to pull her away twice before her time was up, eventually escorting her out with 20 minutes to spare before 4 p.m. On October 16, Marites Asis, Nasino’s mother, had to kneel and beg in front of the police to allow them to hold funeral at 11:30 a.m. The cops wanted to delay it until 1 p.m. Police also sped off with River’s hearse to the Manila North Cemetery, leaving her family behind and thwarting activists’ plan to conduct a caravan around the Supreme Court and the Court of Appeals before burying her at the cemetery. Nasino’s counsels at NUPL earlier said that they will file charges against those involved in the activist’s treatment during her daughter’s wake and burial. .....»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsOct 18th, 2020

DOLE-RO8 congratulates EDC for historic virtual CBA signing

DOLE-8 congratulates the Energy Development Corporation (EDC) for the successful conduct of its 2020 Unified Rank and File (RF) and Professional Technical (PT) Online Conclusion/Signing Ceremony last 02 June 2020 via the zoom online application, a first in the region and in the country......»»

Category: newsSource:  samarnewsRelated NewsSep 13th, 2020

US women s team players have options after setback in court

By ANNE M. PETERSON AP Sports Writer Players for the U.S. women’s national team may have been dealt a blow by a judge’s ruling in their gender discrimination lawsuit against the U.S. Soccer Federation but the case is far from over. The women have vowed to keep up the fight, encouraged by the likes of Joe Biden, Billie Jean King and even the men's national team. “This is just a setback,” King said when asked what she would tell the team. “There’s so many of these ups and downs. Just keep learning from it, keep going for it. You’re still such a great influence, not only in soccer, but for equality for everyone.” King, who was calling for equitable prize money in tennis in the 1970s, once famously proclaimed: “Everyone thinks women should be thrilled when we get crumbs, and I want women to have the cake, the icing and the cherry on top, too.” The players sued the federation last year, claiming they have not been paid equally under their collective bargaining agreement to what the men’s national team receives under its labor deal. They asked for more than $66 million in damages under the Equal Pay Act and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The federal judge threw out the players' claim of discriminatory pay Friday in a surprising loss for the defending World Cup champions. U.S. District Judge R. Gary Klausner said the women rejected a pay-to-play structure like the men's agreement and accepted greater base salaries and benefits. But he allowed aspects of their allegations of discriminatory working conditions to go forward. The trial remains scheduled for June 16 in federal court in Los Angeles. Players have vowed to appeal the judge's decision. There are several legal options. Players could seek to overturn Friday's decision at the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, and could even discuss with the USSF the possibility of a joint application for a stay pending appeal. They could proceed with a trial limited to working conditions such as flights, hotels and medical staff, then appeal Friday's ruling. Or the sides could seek to settle, perhaps as part of a deal to replace and extend the current collective bargaining agreement, which expires on Dec. 31, 2021. Biden, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, went to Twitter this weekend to encourage the players. “To @USWNT: don’t give up this fight. This is not over yet. To @ussoccer: equal pay, now. Or else when I’m president, you can go elsewhere for World Cup funding,” he posted, referring to the 2026 men’s World Cup, set to be hosted by the United States, Mexico and Canada. The players’ association for the men’s national team also released a statement Monday expressing support. “For a year and a half the USMNT players have made proposals to the federation that would achieve equal pay for the USMNT and USWNT players,” the statement said. “We understand the WNT players plan to appeal last week’s decision and we support them.” Steven A. Bank, a professor at UCLA, said he was expecting Klausner's decision on the summary judgment to focus the case but not to the degree it did. “Frequently, judges will do that in order to narrow down the issues, but because it also spurs the parties to settle by essentially using a heavy hand and saying, ‘Hey, a lot of these things you have is fluff, so let’s get rid of this, and neither of you have as great a case that you think you do.' So I’m not surprised that there was some level of summary judgment granted and some level denied,” he said. “But I was surprised that the judge came down with what is a fairly complete victory for U.S. Soccer.” In an appearance on ABC's “Good Morning America” on Monday, Megan Rapinoe said she was shocked by the decision. She pointed out the women’s team was far more successful than the men, winning consecutive World Cup titles and playing more games. “If I earn $1 every time I play, and a man earns $3, just because I win 10 games and he only wins three games, so I made $10 and he made $9, I’m not sure how that’s me making more money, while having to essentially win everything we could’ve possibly won over these last two years: two World Cups and just about every game we’ve played,” Rapinoe said. “For me, it missed the point, and was very disappointing, to be honest.” Attorney Hampton Dellinger, who represented players in a battle over artificial turf at the 2015 World Cup in Canada, said the case will take time to play out. “Obviously, I think it’d be great if the parties could reach a reasonable settlement,” Dellinger said. “But to my mind, if the legal fight is going to continue, I don’t think the judge’s first word is necessarily going to be the last word.” Arguments could be made that the team has already made it's case in the court of public opinion. Following the U.S. victory in the World Cup final last year in France, the crowd chanted "Equal Pay" as the players celebrated on the field. The women also drew support from some of U.S. Soccer's most high-profile sponsors when the federation argued in court documents that the women lacked the skills and responsibilities of their male counterparts. The so-called scorched earth argument led to the resignation of USSF President Carlos Cordeiro, who was replaced by former national team player Cindy Parlow Cone. “I think it’s great that they brought the case forward, because I think any visibility into this issue is just going to help further the cause, because it’s going to make more people sensitive and aware that the issue of unequal pay persists in all spectrums of our economy," said Mary Ellen Carter, an associate professor of accounting at Boston College. "I happen to know it well in the executive space, but it’s not only there. So I think the courage that they had to come forward with the suit keeps the issue at the forefront, and I think that that’s important.".....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsMay 5th, 2020