Advertisements


Search and rescue for grounded barge’s crew terminated

The Philippine Coast Guard yesterday terminated the search and rescue operations for the seven crewmembers of the LCT Cebu Great Ocean that ran aground during the onslaught of Typhoon Bising in Surigao del Norte last month......»»

Category: newsSource: philstar philstarMay 2nd, 2021

4 dead, 7 survivors found from cargo vessel incident in Surigao del Norte

The Philippine Coast Guard on Wednesday said the remains of four crew members and seven survivors of a cargo vessel in Surigao del Norte were found from search and rescue operations, after the ship ran aground on April 19......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 21st, 2021

Japan halts search for missing ship crew

Japanese authorities have temporarily suspended search and rescue operations for the crew of the missing Panamanian-flagged cargo ship that sank off Japanese waters early Wednesday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 5th, 2020

Search and rescue operation sa nawawalang barko sa Japan, sinuspinde

Pansamantalang sinuspinde ng Japanese Coast Guard ang search and rescue operations sa nawawalang Panamanian-flagged cargo vessel sa Japan. Ayon sa Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), ito ay kasunod ng inaasahang pagdating ng Typhoon 10 sa nasabing bansa. Samantala, iniulat ng kagawaran na nakausap na ng dalawang nakaligtas na mga Pilipinong crew members ng Gulf Livestock […] The post Search and rescue operation sa nawawalang barko sa Japan, sinuspinde appeared first on Bandera......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 5th, 2020

Aid extended to kin of ill-fated Filipino crew as 2nd survivor named

“We are updating the relatives of our unfortunate Filipino crewmen every time we receive information from the Japanese Coast Guard who is on top of the search and rescue operation.".....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 5th, 2020

PCG ends search for 14 Pinoys in sea mishap

The Philippine Coast Guard terminated yesterday search and rescue efforts for 14 Filipinos that remain missing after their boat collided with the Hong Kong-registered MV Vienna Wood last weekend......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 3rd, 2020

81 na patay sa Indonesia lindol

Umakyat na sa 81 katao ang nasawi sa lindol na naganap sa Sulawesi Island sa Indonesia noong nakaraang linggo habang patuloy pa rin ang isinasagawang search and rescue operation ng mga awtoridad. The post 81 na patay sa Indonesia lindol first appeared on Abante......»»

Category: newsSource:  abanteRelated NewsJan 18th, 2021

Quake death toll at 78 as Indonesia struggles with string of disasters

JAKARTA — At least 78 people have been killed after an earthquake struck Indonesia’s West Sulawesi province on Friday, the Search and Rescue agency (Basarnas) said on Sunday, the latest in a string of disasters to hit the Southeast Asian country. In a statement, Basarnas confirmed 78 had died, 67 of whom were from the […] The post Quake death toll at 78 as Indonesia struggles with string of disasters appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 18th, 2021

Rescue operations for passengers, crew members of ill-fated ship in Danao City delayed due to bad weather

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Some of the passengers and crew members of LCT Manoling 2, a ship that ran aground off the coast of Danao City, have yet to be rescued due to bad weather. LCT Manoling 2, a cargo ship, left Isabela, Leyte at 6 a.m. on Monday, January 11, 2021, headed for Danao […] The post Rescue operations for passengers, crew members of ill-fated ship in Danao City delayed due to bad weather appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 12th, 2021

3 dead, 7 missing in Toledo City mining pit collapse

TOLEDO CITY, Cebu — Three individuals were confirmed dead while seven others have remained missing following a landslide at the mining pit of the Carmen Copper Corporation in Toledo City in midwestern Cebu on Monday afternoon. Personnel of the City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (CDRRMO) have been conducting search and rescue operations since […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  balitaRelated NewsDec 23rd, 2020

River in Danao City overflows; 30 families evacuated

CEBU CITY, Philippines—Disaster and rescue personnel in Danao City are currently doing evacuation and search and rescue operations after one of the city’s major tributaries overflowed on Wednesday morning, December 2, 2020. Roland Reyes, head of the Danao City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (CDRRMO), confirmed to CDN Digital that the Tangon River overflowed […] The post River in Danao City overflows; 30 families evacuated appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 2nd, 2020

Taiwan grounds all F16 jets after one goes missing

Taiwan has grounded all of its F16 fighter jets for safety checks as rescuers continue to search for one that went missing during a training exercise, authorities said Wednesday......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsNov 18th, 2020

Duterte saludo sa kabayanihan ng limang tauhan ng DPWH na nasawi

Kinikilala ng Palasyo ng Malakanyang ang kabayanihan ng limang tauhan ng Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) na namatay habang nagsasagawa ng clearing operations sa kasagsagan ng Bagyong Ulysses. Ayon kay Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque, nagpapasalamat ang Pangulo at ang buong sambayanan sa kabayanihan at kagitingan ng mga search and rescue frontliners dahil sa […] The post Duterte saludo sa kabayanihan ng limang tauhan ng DPWH na nasawi appeared first on Bandera......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 17th, 2020

‘Ulysses’ death toll climbs to 69

The number of fatalities from Typhoon “Ulysses” (international name: “Vamco”) rose to 69 on Sunday as authorities continue to receive reports from stricken areas in Luzon. The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said the death toll climbed as search, rescue and retrieval operations continued in hard hit areas such as the provinces […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsNov 16th, 2020

Ilocos Sur PDRRMO deploys rapid response team to Cagayan province

VIGAN CITY, Nov. 15 (PIA) - - The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (PDRRMO) in Ilocos Sur deployed at least 37 personnel to help with the search and rescue operations for th.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsNov 16th, 2020

Navy deploys more rescuers in Cagayan

(PNA file photo) MANILA – The Philippine Navy (PN) on Saturday said it will deploy two water search-and-rescue (WASAR) teams to augment the current inter-agency rescue efforts for flood-affected families and residents of Cagayan. Lt. Commander Maria Christina Roxas, PN public affairs office chief, said the WASAR-trained teams will come from the Naval Forces Northern Luzon facility […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  balitaRelated NewsNov 15th, 2020

Pinsala ng Metro Manila dahil kay Ulysses tututukan – Año

Manila, Philippines – Sinabi ni  Department of Interior and Local Government Secretary  Eduardo Año na abala ngayon ang mga kinauukulang ahensya ng gobyerno  sa mga search rescue and relief operation dahil sa idinulot na baha ng nagdaang bagyo. Sinabi ng kalihim na  pinakatinamaan ng husto sa Greater Manila Area ay ang NCR,  Montalban, San Mateo,  […] The post Pinsala ng Metro Manila dahil kay Ulysses tututukan – Año appeared first on REMATE ONLINE......»»

Category: lifestyleSource:  abscbnRelated NewsNov 14th, 2020

Govt search, rescue efforts in Ulysses-hit areas underway -DILG chief

CALOOCAN CITY, Nov. 13 (PIA) -- Interior Secretary Eduardo Ano on Thursday assured the public that the government search and rescue (SAR) operations are now in full swing as Typhoon Ulysses battere.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsNov 13th, 2020

NDRRMC says typhoon response adequate

The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council said Thursday that it has not been negligent in issuing timely and adequate warnings and advisories related to the strength of typhoon “Ulysses” even if many residents in Metro Manila and nearby provinces seemed to be caught by surprise with the sudden flooding in their areas. (MANILA BULLETIN) Requests from people asking to be rescued from the roof or second floors of their houses, specifically in Marikina City, Pasig City, and Rizal, due to the overflow of the Marikina River have flooded social media and the NDRRMC Operations Center, according to Assistant Secretary Casiano Monilla, Office of Civil Defense deputy director for operations. “Patuloy ang paglilikas natin but since yesterday or even the other day, inililikas na ang ating mga kababayan especially doon sa traditionally naaapektuhan ng bagyo. We were not caught flat-footed dito sa event na ito. Kung minsan lang kasi, kapag nag-ikot ang local officials ay hindi kaagad sumusunod ang mga kababayan. Mas nagrerely tayo kung ano ang ating nararamdaman, kung ano ang prevailing na situation na nararamdaman other than the advise na binibigay ng PAGASA,” he said in a virtual media forum. (We are still conducting rescue operations but since [Wednesday] or even [Tuesday], we have already conducted pre-emptive evacuation of our countrymen especially in areas that are traditionally affected by typhoons. We were not caught flat-footed by this event. Sometimes, the residents don’t listen to local officials even if they are already warned. They usually rely on what they are feeling or the prevailing situation rather than the advise given by the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical, and Astronomical Services Administration)The NDRRMC has yet to provide data on the extent of damage of  Ulysses and how many people were affected. But NDRRMC chairman and Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana, in a separate interview, said the damage has been “huge.” “[There was] huge damage. [There were] totally flooded villages and low-lying areas were flooded,” Lorenzana said when asked to describe the extent of Ulysses’ effects. Lorenzana said he has briefed President Duterte about the deployment of troops to save some residents in Marikina who were asking to be rescued due to the overflow of the Marikina River. “I just came from the Palace. I briefed him what our troops are doing in Marikina to save people from their rooftops,” he said. Social media users were quick to point out the similarity in the devastation of Ulysses to typhoon “Ondoy” in 2009 which inundated a vast portion of Metro Manila after hours of intense rains. Ondoy left 747 people dead and billions of damages in agriculture and infrasture. In Marikina, Mayor Marcelino Teordoro said Ulysses brought the water level of Marikina River to 22 meters as of 11 a.m. Thursday, which was higher than the 21.5-meter level reached during typhoon Ondoy. Monilla said local government units (LGUs) have the responsibility to conduct search and rescue operations on their affected residents but he noted that the NDRRMC is behind the LGUs to augment their capabilities. “Ondoy really served as a lesson especially sa area ng Marikina at Pasig sa NCR. Nagkaroon na sila even the early warning signals. Sa amin naman, ang pagdirect ng operations ay aming nirerely sa LGUs at kami lang ay tumutulong sa local governments in harnessing the response units para madagdagan ang units na nagre-rescue sa ating mga kababayan (Ondoy really served as a lesson especially in Marikina and Pasig in the National Capital Region. They established early warning signals. On our part, the direction of [rescue] operations rely on the local government units and we just help them in harnessing the response units which will rescue our countrymen),” he said.  “Because highly populated ang lugar it could be a challenge relocating them. Ang Provident [Village] nga which serves as a lesson in Ondoy ay affected din sa ngayon. Highly urbanized kasi ang Metro Manila that’s why it’s really a challenge paano i-relocate ang mga tao na laging affected ng ganito,” he added. Meanwhile, the NDRRMC has also tapped the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and several private companies to deploy their manpower and assets for search and rescue operations. Gen. Gilbert Gapay, AFP chief, said the Joint Task Force NCR has been leading the rescue efforts in Metro Manila. They were aigmented by two disaster response units from the 7th Civil Relations Group, 101stSearch and Rescue volunteers, and private group REACT PH. Another search and rescue unit from Bantay Bayan volunteers were deployed in areas on Tullahan River and Caloocan City to conduct search and rescue operations. The Joint Task Force Bicolandia, Northern Luzon Command (NolCom), and Southern Luzon Command (SolCom) also deployed thousands of soldiers to coordinate the search and rescue operations in Bicol region, Cordillera Administrative Region, Ilocos (Region 1), Cagayan Valley (Region 2), Central Luzon (Region 3), Calabarzon (Region 4A), and Mimaropa (Region 4B). Monilla said they have received reports that major dams in Luzon have been releasing excess water which may inundate Central Luzon and parts of Metro Manila. “Ang Angat, Ipo, La Mesa, at Wawa dams nagpapakawala ng tubig dahil sa patuloy na pagtaas ng tubig dulot ng ulan na hatid ni Ulysses so baka abutin pa hanggang mamayang hapon o gabi (Angat, Ipo, La Mesa, and Wawa dams were releasing water because of the continuous rain brought about by Ulysses so the [flooding] may persist until afternoon or evening),” he said. .....»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsNov 12th, 2020

Bangkay ng lalaki na inanod ng baha sa Ibaan, Batangas natagpuan ng PCG

Patuloy pa rin ang search and rescue o retrieval operation ng Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) sa mga nawawalang residente sa Batangas. Ito ay dulot pa rin ng pananalasa ng Bagyong Rolly. Ayon sa PCG, natagpuan ng kanilang team ang bangkay ng isang lalaki sa bayan ng Ibaan, araw ng Lunes (November 2). Inanod ang biktima […] The post Bangkay ng lalaki na inanod ng baha sa Ibaan, Batangas natagpuan ng PCG appeared first on Bandera......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 3rd, 2020

Turkey quake death toll rises to 100

The death toll from a powerful earthquake which hit western Turkey rose to 100 on Tuesday, the country’s disaster authority said. Search and rescue teams look for victims at the site of a collapsed building in Izmir on November 2, 2020, after a powerful earthquake struck Turkey’s western coast and parts of Greece. – Rescue workers were searching eight buildings in Izmir on November 1, despite dwindling hope for survivors, as the death toll of a powerful magnitude earthquake which hit western Turkey rose to 49. The 7.0-magnitude quake has also injured 896 in Turkey, the Turkish emergency authority AFAD said, after striking on October 30 afternoon near the west coast town of Seferihisar in Izmir province. (Photo by OZAN KOSE / AFP) The 7.0 magnitude quake also injured 994 people, the agency known by its Turkish acronym AFAD reported, with 147 still in hospital. It added that rescue workers in Izmir province were continuing to search tirelessly in five buildings for an unknown number of missing individuals. The worst hit Turkish town was Bayrakli in Izmir where there was a mixture of celebration and sadness on Monday after a three-year-old girl named Elif Perincek and a 14-year-old named Idil Sirin were rescued from the rubble. But both lost a sibling each to the disaster which struck on Friday afternoon in the Aegean Sea. Two teenagers on their way home from school were also killed in Greece. Turkey has reported over 1,464 aftershocks following the quake, including 44 that were above four in magnitude. After dozens of buildings were damaged and the risk of repeated tremors, thousands of residents were forced to spend a fourth night in tents in Izmir. The quake is the deadliest in Turkey this year after another disaster hit the eastern provinces of Elazig and Malatya in January, killing over 40 people......»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsNov 3rd, 2020