Advertisements


San Juan posts 69% COVID-19 recovery

San Juan City has posted a 69 percent recovery rate among its patients infected with COVID-19......»»

Category: newsSource: philstar philstarAug 9th, 2020

San Juan breaks single-day COVID- 19 recovery record

The San Juan City government on Thursday said 209 COVID-19 patients have recovered from the virus, the biggest number reported in a day in the city......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 11th, 2020

5 cops in Zamora’s convoy sacked

Five San Juan police officers were relieved from their posts yesterday after Mayor Francis Zamora and his police escorts supposedly breached quarantine protocols when they ignored Baguio City’s standard border protection measure to curb the spread of the coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19 last week......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 9th, 2020

San Juan posts zero COVID-19 cases

San Juan posted no additional coronavirus disease 2019 cases in the city yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 23rd, 2020

DOH flags posts, messages listing fake red zone areas for COVID-19

The false information listed Greenhills, Avida Tower in Bonifacio Global City, Filinvest in Cainta, and Cardinal Santos Medical Center in San Juan as red zone areas and even cited the Department of Health......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMar 10th, 2020

PAL prepares recovery plan, seeks protection

Philippine Airlines (PAL) announced on Wednesday that it was working on a plan to restructure its debt and rebound from the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) pandemic, which continues to expand the air carrier’s losses and to batter the industry worldwide. In a statement, the Lucio Tan-led flag carrier said its “management and stakeholders continue to […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsNov 26th, 2020

An economy in the recovery room

Twice a year we look at the economy for our clients. I thought I’d share a few of our thoughts in that report with you. The third quarter results came two weeks ago, and you don’t need to be told, it’s been a bad year. The impact of COVID-19 has resulted in the worst performance […] The post An economy in the recovery room appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 26th, 2020

Government releases P92.35 billion for COVID-19 measures

The government has released a total of P92.35 billion to support the COVID-19 recovery programs of various agencies, the Department of Budget and Management reported yesterday......»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 25th, 2020

Recovery can start this Christmas season

  THE COVID-19 pandemic is still with us and in the rest of the world, where it is surging in a new wave of infections and deaths. We are fortunate the virus has not been as virulent in our country as it has been in the United States, India, Brazil, France, Russia, Spain, United Kingdom, Argentina, Italy, and […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tempoRelated NewsNov 24th, 2020

China’s 5-year plan to boost global recovery

GUANGZHOU, China (Xinhua) — With the COVID-19 pandemic dealing a severe blow to the world economy, China is expected to play its role as a key engine to rekindle global growth in the future, global observers said. The leadership of the Communist Party of China (CPC) has adopted proposals for formulating the 14th Five-Year Plan […] The post China’s 5-year plan to boost global recovery appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsNov 24th, 2020

IMF: Global recovery from virus plunge still difficult

Washington—The global economy faces a hard road back from the Covid-19 downturn, and nations should remove trade barriers on medical technologies to aid the recovery, the IMF chief said on Thursday......»»

Category: financeSource:  thestandardRelated NewsNov 21st, 2020

Lemi empowers small businesses with digital solutions

Lemi, a technology company building a digital ecosystem for small local businesses, announced that it is expanding its efforts to bring micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in the Philippines onto its digital platform to support their recovery efforts from COVID-19......»»

Category: techSource:  thestandardRelated NewsNov 19th, 2020

RCEP to facilitate recovery from pandemic

Economists said the Philippines and other member countries are expected to recover faster from the recession caused by the COVID-19 pandemic with the signing of the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership agreement over the weekend......»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 16th, 2020

Xinhua Asia-Pacific news summary at 1000 GMT, Nov. 16

JAKARTA -- The signing of the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) is a major boost to regional and global economic recovery under the new normal of COVID-19 situation, the Chinese am.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsNov 16th, 2020

PNP posts 16 new COVID-19 cases

The Philippine National Police reported 16 new coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19 infections among its personnel......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 15th, 2020

Address extreme poverty, PRRD to Asean, Australia

(PNA file photo of President Rodrigo Duterte)  MANILA – President Rodrigo Duterte on Saturday underscored the urgent need to address extreme poverty worsened by the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) through collective efforts to accelerate the region’s socio-economic recovery. “We must redouble our collective efforts to address extreme poverty. We must accelerate our nation’s and the region’s socio-economic recovery,” […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  balitaRelated NewsNov 15th, 2020

Social media becomes emergency helpline at the height of Typhoon ‘Ulysses’

Social media sites on Thursday turned into virtual emergency hotlines as many individuals trapped inside their homes begged to be rescued after Typhoon “Ulysses” dumped heavy rains on Metro Manila and nearby provinces. “Parang awa nyo na po sana may makapansin nito. Kailangan po ng rescue ng pamilya ko sa Montalban (Rizal) (I’m begging and hoping that someone would notice this. My family in Montalban needs to be rescued),” Rowena Bragas said in a Facebook post around 6 a.m. on Thursday “This is urgent!!! Second floor na po ang baha at malakas pa din ang ulan at hangin (The flood has already reached our second floor and the strong winds and heavy rains continue).” Arnel Arevalo, another social media user, added: “Help please! If you know anyone from Montalban, Rizal LGU please let them know that there are still a lot of residents here in Celina Homes 4 who are trapped in their 2nd floor. No sign of rescuers/responder yet. Signal is bad too. Power is out.” Facebook and Twitter users woke up to a number of posts and tweets of people asking for help. These include the viral photos of residents of Rizal province who sought refuge on the roof of their houses after their community was completely submerged in flood waters. Some even had infants in tow. “Sa mga nakakabasa po, patulong. Kailangan po namin ng rescue. Marami pong baby po dito nasa taas na po kami ng bahay, kasama mga kapitbahay po namin. Malapit na po kami abutin, mga 20+ po kami, 10 bata po kasama 5 babies (To anyone who can read this, please help us. We need a rescue team. We have babies with us. We are already on top of our house, with our neighbors. We have 10 children, including five babies here),” Micca Lorreine De Jesus of Montalban town said. The term #RescuePH became trending on Twitter as people seeking assistance used the hashtag to aggregate information of those needing to be rescued. Local government units, including Valenzuela City, used social media to monitor the situation of their constituents, especially those in need of rescue teams. They also resorted to online posting to keep their constituents informed, like what the government of Navotas and Pasay cities did when two vessels ran aground and damaged structures in their areas. As Typhoon “Ulysses,” which reached Signal No. 3, barreled into the National Capital Region, the hotlines of the Armed Forces of the Philippines were overwhelmed with calls, its spokesman, Maj. Gen. Edgard Arevalo, said over DZMM. Despite several evacuation orders enforced a day earlier, many individuals ended up trapped inside their houses. They could no longer find a way out due to rushing waters. In a flood-prone area of Barangay Bagong Silangan in Quezon City, the local government had to deploy at least four rescue boats to fetch the residents who remained in their homes and were trapped, joining the nearly 10,000 individuals who were earlier evacuated. Rescuers, whose operation started as early as midnight, paddled through the waist-deep flood. Many residents, especially of Rizal province and Marikina city, also bore the brunt of the typhoon after losing their houses to the murky flood. Social distancing aimed to prevent the spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) was also hardly observed among the affected individuals as they tried to fit themselves into limited elevated spaces. Some were no longer wearing face masks. The ferocious wind brought by the typhoon toppled trees and torn away scaffolding of several buildings under construction. In Barangay 187 in Caloocan City, a man sustained a leg injury after a tree fell on their house, a certain Cham Oliveros said in a Facebook post......»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsNov 12th, 2020

Economy recovering from COVID-19 scourge – DOF chief

Economy recovering from COVID-19 scourge – DOF chief Christina Mendez (The Philippine Star) – November 12, 2020 – 12:00am MANILA, Philippines — The economy is on its way to recovery from the scourge of the pandemic and its contraction of 11.5 percent in the third quarter is a welcome improvement, according to Finance Secretary Carlos […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  balitaRelated NewsNov 11th, 2020

MAYOR TIANGCO UMAPELA SA NAGPAPAKALAT NG MALING IMPORMASYON SA COVID-19

  UMAAPELA itong si Navotas Mayor Toby Tiangco sa mga taong walang magawang matino sa buhay dahil sa kanilang pagkakalat ng mga maling impormasyon na walang maidudulot na kabutihan tungkol sa COVID-19. Aniya, nakarating sa kanyang kaalaman na may posts at videos na kumakalat na wala na raw Covid-19 at hindi na kailangan pang magsuot […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  balitaRelated NewsNov 11th, 2020

Economy recovering from COVID-19 scourge – DOF chief

The economy is on its way to recovery from the scourge of the pandemic and its contraction of 11.5 percent in the third quarter is a welcome improvement, according to Finance Secretary Carlos Dominguez III......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 11th, 2020

Bogo left with 1 active case; 2 recoveries logged on Nov. 11

MANDAUE CITY, Cebu – Bogo City in northern Cebu is just a few steps away from achieving a COVID-free status. The city government reported this Wednesday morning, November 11, 2020, that they are now left with only one remaining active case following the recovery of two more of their patients. An advisory that was posted […] The post Bogo left with 1 active case; 2 recoveries logged on Nov. 11 appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 11th, 2020