Advertisements


Sagip Kapamilya treks to provinces to help typhoon ‘Rolly’ survivors

ABS-CBN Foundation’s Sagip Kapamilya has gone to different provinces hit by Typhoon Rolly to bring comfort to families through food and relief packs. Through the support of donors and partners, 1,000 food packs have been brought to Brgy. Puro and Penaranda in Legazpi, Albay while 533 families received relief bags in Brgy. Gapo in Camalig, Albay. Sagip Kapamilya has also visited Brgy. Travesia in Guinobatan, Albay to distribute food packs to 265 families that evacuated at Travesia Elementary School and to turnover medicine to the Barangay Health Center. One of the survivors in Guinobatan, farmer Solomon Octavo, shared the difficulties they are facing as floodwater and lahar from the Mayon Volcano buried his entire house and farmland. “Magmula noong lumaki ako, ngayon lang ako nakaranas ng ganitong nangyari. Ang sinalba lang namin, buhay namin,” he shared in an interview with ABS-CBN News. (Growing up, I have never experienced anything like this. The only thing we could save was our own lives.) Aside from areas in the Bicol Region including Catanduanes, Sagip Kapamilya has also conducted relief operations in Southern Tagalog, which also suffered tremendous damage due to the typhoon. In Aurora, 494 families were given food packs while 1,990 individuals received hot meals to nourish them while they remained at Dingalan National High School and Mega evacuation centers. Even before the landfall of Rolly, Sagip Kapamilya was already there to provide food to evacuees. It is also bound for Batangas and Oriental Mindoro. As families are expected to stay longer in evacuation centers while they rebuild their homes, more donations are needed to support them. Jen Santos, ABS-CBN Foundation’s director for operations told ABS-CBN News that so far, many have shown interest to help and donate. “Marami talaga ang nagpapaabot (ng donasyon)… marami talaga ang nagpapaabot [at nagsabi] na ‘kami rin, gusto naming tumulong, paano kami makakatulong?” (So many have donated and many said they want to help, asking us how they could provide assistance.) Meanwhile, she said they are also missing the presence of ABS-CBN Regional, which had its last day last August 31 due to the nonrenewal of ABS-CBN’s franchise to broadcast. Santos said that it is usually the staff from the regional stations that are first to respond to affected areas to distribute relief goods......»»

Category: newsSource: mb.com.ph mb.com.phNov 12th, 2020

Sagip Kapamilya treks to the province to help typhoon survivors

ABS-CBN Foundation’s Sagip Kapamilya has gone to different provinces hit by Typhoon Rolly to bring comfort to families through food and relief packs. .....»»

Category: entertainmentSource:  thestandardRelated NewsNov 11th, 2020

GT Foundation, Metrobank Foundation extend help to typhoon-hit provinces

GT Foundation Inc. and Metrobank Foundation Inc. have reached out to thousands of families affected by the onslaught of Typhoons Rolly and Ulysses, donating P6 million through disaster relief and response program “Helping Hands.”.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 4th, 2020

MVP Group ramps up relief efforts to areas hit by Typhoon Rolly

THE companies and foundations under the leadership of Manuel Pangilinan recently reached out to communities and survivors of Typhoon Rolly (international name: Goni) by providing immediate relief assistance. “We have mobilized the Group’s Foundations to do relief and medical work in the wake of Typhoon Rolly. Our restoration teams are in place and have started […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsNov 16th, 2020

Pagcor reaches out to Bicol communities hit by super typhoon “Rolly”

IMMEDIATE help reached thousands of residents in the Bicol region, who were hit by super typhoon Rolly after the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (Pagcor) recently delivered relief essentials to the provinces of Albay and Camarines Sur. Majority of the typhoon victims who lost their homes to devastating winds and heavy rains received food and […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsNov 16th, 2020

Quezon City rescues 34 IPs

The Quezon City government has rescued 34 indigenous peoples begging for alms in Novaliches after their houses in the provinces were damaged by Super Typhoon Rolly earlier this month......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 14th, 2020

Children in typhoon-hit areas face malnutrition

Thousands of children face prolonged hunger, undernutrition and missing out on classes weeks after Super Typhoon Goni (local name: Rolly), the world’s most powerful storm this year, devastated the Bicol provinces, Save the Children Philippines said Wednesday......»»

Category: financeSource:  thestandardRelated NewsNov 11th, 2020

3 provinces in state of calamity

President Rodrigo Duterte will most likely place the entire Bicol region, Mimaropa, and Calabarzon under a state of calamity due to the damage caused by super typhoon “Rolly,” Malacanang said Monday, enabling them to tap emergency funds......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsNov 10th, 2020

Northern Samar sends first batch of relief goods to ‘Rolly’ victims in Bicol

TACLOBAN CITY (PNA) – The provincial government of Northern Samar has delivered the first batch of relief augmentation to areas badly-hit by super typhoon Rolly in the Bicol Region. The trucks used in transporting the first batch of relief augmentation from the province of Northern Samar to areas hit by Super Typhoon Rolly (international name Goni) in the Bicol Region. The provincial social welfare and development office (PSWDO) on Saturday (Nov. 7, 2020) said the provinces of Albay and Catanduanes each received 500 sacks of rice, 200 boxes of assorted canned goods, 200 boxes of bottled water, and 100 boxes each of cereal drink and powdered milk. (Photo courtesy of Northern Samar PSWDO/ PNA/ MANILA BULLETIN) In a phone interview on Saturday, Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office (PSWDO) Head Jenny Darish, said they have sent eight truckloads of essential goods to the provinces of Albay and Catanduanes on November 6. Each province received 500 sacks of rice, 200 boxes of assorted canned goods, 200 boxes of bottled water, and 100 boxes each of cereal drink and powdered milk. “Northern Samar is also regularly hit by typhoons during this season so it is easy for us to empathize with the plight of the people in Bicol. The Bayanihan spirit lives,” Darish said. The provincial government thanked all various groups and private individuals who extended cash and in-kind donations, including the Philippine Coast Guard, Boyax Cargo, construction companies, Solid M, and JUPA, for the logistics support. “The overwhelming support and fast response from the people of Northern Samar shows us what we can achieve if we work together. We were recently battered by ‘Tisoy’ and ‘Ambo’, so the experience of our Bicolano brothers and sisters is not just a news we read online but a reality we regularly face,” Governor Edwin Ongchuan said in a press statement. The PSWDO is still accepting cash or in-kind donations. Drop-off points will be at the PSWDO office in Dalakit village in Catarman town or the different municipal social welfare and development offices in the province. “Rolly” was the strongest typhoon in the country this year, making four landfalls, and leaving at least 22 people dead while damage to agriculture and infrastructure has reached over PHP14 billion. .....»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsNov 8th, 2020

2k sign up for first Yolanda Commemorative Ride

Several groups and individuals led by House Majority Leader and Leyte Rep. Martin Romualdez, Tingog party-list Rep. Yedda Marie Romualdez and Tacloban City Mayor Alfred Romualdez have teamed up for the first Yolanda Commemorative Ride on Sunday to give back and raise funds for the survivors of Super Typhoon Rolly......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsNov 7th, 2020

Dyip Sagip: Globe Jeepney WiFi deployed in more areas

In assistance of those who were severely affected by Rolly, Globe Telecom has deployed its WiFi Jeepney to serve areas that were hit by the typhoon. As of today, three new sites were opened to provide free calls, mobile phone charging and free WiFi, in Quezon, Albay and Marinduque......»»

Category: techSource:  thestandardRelated NewsNov 6th, 2020

Barbie wala pang balita sa pamilyang nasalanta ni ‘Rolly’ sa Albay: Ang hirap ng malayo sa kanila

NAG-AALALA rin ngayon ang Kapamilya actress na si Barbie Imperial para sa pamilya at mga kababayan niya sa Albay na hinagupit ng Super Typhoon Rolly. Sa ginanap na virtual mediacon para sa bagong iWant TFC digital series na “Oh, Mando!” kahapon, nasabi ni Barbie na wala pa siyang balita sa kalagayan ngayon ng family niya […] The post Barbie wala pang balita sa pamilyang nasalanta ni ‘Rolly’ sa Albay: Ang hirap ng malayo sa kanila appeared first on Bandera......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 5th, 2020

Save the Children Phl sends love to kids affected by ‘Rolly’

Save the Children Philippines on Wednesday delivered assistance to children and families displaced by Super Typhoon Rolly (International name: Goni). An eight-member humanitarian team has been deployed since Monday to areas that were gravely affected by the typhoon,  to conduct an assessment of children’s needs who are now cramped in evacuation centers in Bicol provinces. […] The post Save the Children Phl sends love to kids affected by ‘Rolly’ appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsNov 4th, 2020

Cebu City Council opts for P5M cash assistance instead of goods for Catanduanes

CEBU CITY, Philippines — The Cebu City Council has decided to donate P5 million in financial assistance to the typhoon-struck island province of Catanduanes. This decision was reached during the Council’s regular session on Wednesday, November 4, 2020, after approving the P5 million assistance for the provinces struck by Typhoon Rolly last November 1, 2020. […] The post Cebu City Council opts for P5M cash assistance instead of goods for Catanduanes appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 4th, 2020

5 provinces in Region 5 suffer pitch-dark night

Much of the Typhoon Rolly-lashed Bicol Region remained in pitch darkness Tuesday night, with still no electricity in the provinces of Catanduanes, Camarines Sur, Camarines Norte, Albay, and Sorsogon in Bicol region, according to the National Electrification Administration on Tuesday......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsNov 3rd, 2020

Bicol governors seek more aid

Governors in provinces in Bicol hardest hit by Typhoon Rolly have appealed for more aid from the national government......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 3rd, 2020

Realign portion of NTF-ELCAC’s P16 B to help typhoon victims — Hontiveros

Senator Risa Hontiveros said on Tuesday the government should realign a portion of the P16-billion anti-insurgency fund to relief and rehabilitation efforts for communities ravaged by super typhoon “Rolly.” Sen. Risa Hontiveros (Senate of the Philippines / FILE PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN) Instead of funding a controversial program under the National Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (NTF-ELCAC), Hontiveros said the budget could go a long way in helping Filipinos recover from the calamity.“Ngayong panahon ng sakuna, ‘di hamak na mas kailangan ng mga kababayan natin sa Bicolandia at sa iba pang mga lugar na nasalanta ng bagyo ang milyon-milyong pondo ng pamahalaan. (During this time of calamity, our people in the Bicol region and other provinces badly-hit by the typhoon need government funds),” Hontiveros said.“It is clear that the billions earmarked for NTF-ELCAC would be better spent on helping Filipinos battered by the typhoon get back on their feet,” the senator stressed.“Unahin nating bigyang-tulong at pondo ang mga nabiktima ng kalamidad, hindi ang mga ahensiya na puro pagre-redtag at pagkakalat ng fake news ang ginagawa. (Let’s prioritize helping victims of calamities by giving them funds, not agencies that do nothing but red tag people and just go about spreading fake news),”  she reiterated.At the hearing of the Senate Committee on National Defense, the lawmaker noted that NTF-ELCAC has been allocated a proposed budget of P19-billion for 2021. Of this amount, P16-billion has been earmarked for its Barangay Development Program. Hontiveros also pointed out that the budget for NTF-ELCAC is “questionably astronomic” compared to the proposed budgets of other key agencies particularly the Department of Housing Settlements and Urban Development which only has P632-million, Office of the Ombudsman with only P3.36-billion, Department of Budget & Management (DBM) with only P1.9-billion, and even the Department of Finance (DOF) which only has P17.46-billion.“We should not spend such an inordinate amount of time and money on an agency running after ordinary citizens using the communist bogeyman. This is on top of the NTF-ELCAC’s bad track record of spreading fake news and silencing critical and dissenting voices,” she said. Hontiveros earlier defended entertainment personalities and women’s rights groups from the red tagging activities of Lt. General Antonio Parlade, chief of the Southern Luzon Command of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and NTF-ELCAC spokesperson.  She said she cannot begin “to imagine the anguish and emotional toll this must have taken on these women who have been directly-hit by these accusations, as well as their families.”“I am certain that it has also caused a chilling effect on citizens who only want to weigh in on issues of national importance and hold the government to account for its failures to the people,” she stressed. “The issues of the communist insurgency are not new to me. My party Akbayan historically has called for human rights accountability of non-state actors, at kasama dito ang NPA. I will not hesitate to speak against the violations of the NPA,” she further said. .....»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsNov 3rd, 2020

Power restoration ongoing, says DoE

Linemen have been deployed to repair and restore power lines in typhoon-hit areas, according to the Department of Energy (DoE). More than 53,000 customers in Metro Manila and six other provinces were still without electricity as of Monday morning following the catastrophic onslaught of typhoon “Rolly.” During a Laging Handa briefing yesterday, Energy Secretary Alfonso […] The post Power restoration ongoing, says DoE appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsNov 2nd, 2020

SMC delivers food, relief to Bicol, areas hit by & lsquo;Rolly& rsquo;

San Miguel Corporation is mobilizing its resources to quickly deliver food relief to the Bicol region and other provinces hit by super typhoon “Rolly.”.....»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsNov 2nd, 2020

Banat ni Angelica habang binabagyo ang Pinas: Anong plano? Tulog na lang? Kilos kilos naman

NAKAKATIKIM na naman ngayon ng masasakit na salita si Angelica Panganiban mula sa mga supporters ni Pangulong Rodrigo Duterte. Ito’y dahil sa cryptic post ng Kapamilya actress sa Twitter kahapon habang binabayo ni Super Typhoon Rolly ang iba’t ibang bahagi ng bansa. Hugot ni Angelica, “Ano ng plano? Tulog na lang? Kilos kilos naman para […] The post Banat ni Angelica habang binabagyo ang Pinas: Anong plano? Tulog na lang? Kilos kilos naman appeared first on Bandera......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 2nd, 2020

Catanduanes, Camarines to take brunt of Rolly fury

Catanduanes, Camarines Norte, and Camarines Sur will be the first provinces to experience the full force of the world’s strongest storm this year, as Typhoon “Rolly” (international name: Goni) barreled toward eastern Luzon on Saturday with maximum sustained winds of up to 215 kilometers per hour......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsOct 31st, 2020