Advertisements


Roque: Criminal Justice System sa PH napalpak sa Maguindanao massacre case

Dili makatarunganon nga magpaabot og usa ka dekada aron makuha ang hustisya sa nahitabong nga 2009 Maguindanao massacre, matud ni kanhi Presidential Spokesperson Atty. Harry Roque......»»

Category: newsSource: abante abanteNov 22nd, 2019

Roque: Criminal Justice System sa PH napalpak sa Maguindanao massacre case

Dili makatarunganon nga magpaabot og usa ka dekada aron makuha ang hustisya sa nahitabong nga 2009 Maguindanao massacre, matud ni kanhi Presidential Spokesperson Atty. Harry Roque......»»

Category: newsSource:  abanteRelated NewsNov 22nd, 2019

Flaws exposed in justice system

Malacañang on Saturday admitted “serious flaws” existed in the Philippine justice system that needed to be rectified, following the promulgation earlier this week by a court on the case of the Maguindanao massacre......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsDec 22nd, 2019

DOJ orders NBI probe into ambush of Maguindanao massacre case witness

The Department of Justice ordered the National Bureau of Investigation to conduct its own probe into ambush of a “vital” witness to the Maguindanao massacre case, that led to the death of a government witness protection program staff......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 5th, 2020

Maguindanao massacre: 58th murder case to be appealed

Heirs of the 58th victim in the Maguindanao massacre will challenge the dismissal of both the civil and criminal cases filed in connection with the death of photojournalist Reynaldo Momay......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 8th, 2020

Kin of Maguindanao massacre s 58th victim takes case dismissal to Court of Appeals

he family of Reynaldo Momay, the 58th victim of the Ampatuan massacre but whose murder case against suspects was junked, will appeal the civil and criminal aspect of the ruling to the Court of Appeals......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 3rd, 2020

A busy year for the judiciary

It was a busy year for the Supreme Court and the Department of Justice (DoJ). The conviction and acquittal of dozens charged in the Maguindanao massacre case, the controversial implementation of the Good Conduct Time Allowance and the appointment of a new chief justice were some of the stories that made headlines in 2019. Diosdado […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsDec 30th, 2019

DOJ to review court ruling on cop’s fate

The Department of Justice is set to review the decision of the Quezon City regional trial court on the Maguindanao massacre case amid confusion on whether Superintendent Bahnarin Kamaong is convicted or acquitted of murder......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 21st, 2019

Go laments slow justice system

Senator Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go on Friday said that while he is happy that the verdict on the decade-old Maguindanao massacre is finally out, he is frustrated with the country’s snail-paced judicial system. In a statement during his visit to fire victims in Malate, Manila, the senator said that he is happy that justice was […] The post Go laments slow justice system appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsDec 20th, 2019

Verdict worth 10-year wait& mdash;prosecutors

The members of the Department of Justice prosecution panel on Thursday said they were happy with the judgment rendered by the Quezon City Regional Trial Court on the Maguindanao massacre case, which resulted in the conviction of 28 principal accused in the mass killing of 58 individuals, including 32 journalists......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsDec 19th, 2019

Massacre verdict brings justice and, advocates hope, reforms as well

The multiple convictions mark the end of a decade-long case that saw countless delays that many academics and media groups have said were indicative of a culture of impunity blanketing the Philippine justice system. .....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 19th, 2019

Court ruling on Maguindanao massacre case draws mixed reactions from victims’ kin

THE “happiest Christmas ever” was how the daughter of one of the victims of the Maguindanao massacre described the announcement of a guilty verdict against its perpetrators on Thursday. For Jargin Dela Cruz-Malabanan, daughter of slain journalist   Gina dela Cruz, the decision was a relief to her. “Feel na feel po namin ang hustisya [We really feel the justice],” […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsDec 19th, 2019

Ampatuan massacre victim’s kin: It’ll be a slap in the face of justice system if we don’t win this

“It will be a slap in the face of the justice system in the Philippines if we don’t win this case.”.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 19th, 2019

Justice in sight, finally

The nation anxiously awaits the verdict on the Ampatuan, Maguindanao massacre case scheduled to be handed down by the Quezon City Regional Trial Court Branch 221 presided by Judge Jocelyn Solis-Reyes......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsDec 13th, 2019

Verdict for Ampatuan massacre case on December 19

The verdict on the Ampatuan massacre case is set on December 19, which will mark ten years of searching for justice for the killing of 58 persons, including 32 media people, in Sitio Masalay, Ampatuan in Maguindanao province......»»

Category: newsSource:  davaotodayRelated NewsDec 4th, 2019

‘Day of Reckoning’ on December 19 for Maguindanao massacre case

More than 10 years after the gruesome killing of 58 people, including 32 journalists, a Quezon City court will hand down its verdict on the Maguindanao massacre on Dec. 19, dubbed the “Day of Reckoning” by the Department of Justice......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 2nd, 2019

DOJ wants Zaldy Ampatuan back in jail

Fearing that he might escape as the promulgation of the verdict on the 10-year-old Maguindanao massacre case nears, the Department of Justice has asked a Quezon City court to order the return of Zaldy Ampatuan to his jail cell at Camp Bagong Diwa in Bicutan, Taguig......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 26th, 2019

Conviction in Maguindanao massacre not enough — lawyer

For a lawyer who has remained steadfast in prosecuting members of a once powerful political family, a criminal conviction will not be enough to attain full justice for the victims of the gruesome Maguindanao massacre......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 24th, 2019

Victims kin gather at site of Ampatuan massacre as 10th anniversary nears

Family members of the victims of the Ampatuan massacre again visited the site of the killing at Sitio Masalay in Ampatuan, Maguindanao to call for justice for the deceased as they have each year since the worst-case of election-related violence in Philippine history......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 17th, 2019

SC grants extension plea to resolve Maguindanao massacre

THE Supreme Court on Friday granted the plea of Judge Jocelyn Solis-Reyes for another 30 days to resolve the 10-year-old Maguindanao massacre case. In his first meet the press, newly appointed Chief Justice Diosdado Peralta cited a memorandum issued by Court Administrator Jose Midas Marquez extending the time from November 20 to December 20, 2019. […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsNov 8th, 2019

SC gives QC court one month extension to resolve Maguindanao massacre case

MANILA, Philippines–The Supreme Court has given Quezon City Regional Trial Court Branch 221 Judge Jocelyn Solis-Reyes a one-month extension to resolve the decade-old Maguindanao massacre case. “There are so many accused and victims. We allowed her to have an extension of one month. We hope she won’t ask another extension,” Chief Justice Diosdado Peralta said […] The post SC gives QC court one month extension to resolve Maguindanao massacre case appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 8th, 2019