Advertisements


Robinsons expands health portfolio, buys Rose Pharmacy

The Gokongwei Group has strengthened its footprint in the pharmaceutical space......»»

Category: financeSource: philstar philstarOct 17th, 2020

Robinsons Retail acquires 300-store Rose Pharmacy

Gokongwei-led retailer Robinsons Retail Holdings Inc. (RRHI) has expanded its footprint in the pharmaceutical distribution space with the acquisition of 300-store Rose Pharmacy Inc. from Hong Kong-based Jardine Matheson group. Mulgrave Corp., a unit of Jardine’s Daily Farm Internatio­nal Holdings Inc., agreed to sell 100 percent of Cebu-based Rose Pharmacy, which operates mostly in the […] The post Robinsons Retail acquires 300-store Rose Pharmacy appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsOct 18th, 2020

Gokongwei acquires Rose Pharmacy

Robinsons Retail Holdings Inc. said Friday pharmaceutical unit South Star Drug Inc. acquired 100 percent of Cebu-based drugstore chain Rose Pharmacy Inc. for P4.5 billion......»»

Category: financeSource:  thestandardRelated NewsOct 16th, 2020

Robinsons Retail acquires 100% of Rose Pharmacy to boost drugstore business

Robinsons Retail Holdings Inc. announced Friday it would take over Rose Pharmacy Inc., a leading drugstore chain in the Visayas and Mindanao regions......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 16th, 2020

Defend Your Health! Shop health essentials from home with Rose Pharmacy’s Online Sale

Shop for your health essentials from the safety of your own home with Rose Pharmacy’s Defend Your Health Online Sale from July 15 to 24!  Shoppers can enjoy discounts of up to 30% off on health and beauty products from partner brands when they visit www.rosepharmacy.com and purchase their top health and beauty essentials. Online […] The post Defend Your Health! Shop health essentials from home with Rose Pharmacy’s Online Sale appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 10th, 2020

DOH to open first ‘mall-based clinic’

By: Emme Rose Santiagudo THE Department of Health-Center for Health Development (DOH-CHD) 6 will open its first mall-based clinic at Robinsons Place Iloilo in City Proper, Iloilo City on May 28, 2019. The project is part of the health department’s commitment to ensure access to health care. Joseh Carlo Carillo, Nurse V of DOH-CHD-6, said the […] The post DOH to open first ‘mall-based clinic’ appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsMay 21st, 2019

Robinsons Bank hikes loan portfolio by 33%

Robinsons Bank Corp. is beefing up its loan portfolio by as much as 33 percent this year as it further expands its coverage nationwide......»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 27th, 2019

Rights groups slam MMDA spox for ‘drama serye’ remark on detained activist

Human rights groups slammed Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) Spokesperson Celine Pialago following her “drama serye” remarks at detained activist Reina Mae Nasino who recently buried her three-month-old daughter River.  Kapatid, a support group for families and friends of political prisoners, said those who downgrade what happened to the political prisoner are only trying to “cover the government’s gross violation of human rights.”  “The story of Reina Mae Nasino and her 3-month-old child who died last week is not ‘drama-serye.’ It is a real story that exposed the countless injustices committed by the government,” it said in a statement released on Sunday.  “MMDA Chair Danny Lim, a former political prisoner himself, should have long shown the door to his spokesperson. It should be obvious by now that sensitivity cannot be taught nor proper manners and right conduct if one is empty-headed,” it added. Meanwhile, National Union of People’s Lawyers (NUPL) President Edre Olalia was more restrained, saying they would “do the same thing if she was in Ina’s position and circumstance. “To start with, we will never ever wish this horrible tragedy and injustice to visit the Asec, her mother, her daughters, her sisters and her aunts,” he said in a Facebook post. Despite having nothing to do with traffic, Pialago felt the need to “use her voice as a Filipino” to share her two cents on Nasino’s case. “Hindi lahat ng inang nakakulong ay nakapunta sa libing ng kanyang anak. Kaya yung mga sumisimpatya kay Reina Mae Nasino, pag aralan niyo mabuti ang dahilan bakit siya nakulong at kilalanin niyong mabuti kung sino siya sa lipunan (Not all jailed mothers get to visit their children’s funeral. So all of those who sympathize with Reina Mae Nasino, study well why she was imprisoned and know who she is and what her role is in society),” she said in a Facebook post on Sunday morning. “Masyado ninyong ginagawang pang drama serye sa hapon ang paghihinagpis niya. Tigilan niyo (You are trying to make her grief like an afternoon drama serye. Stop it)!” she added. Nasino was five months pregnant with River when she was arrested in November 2019 for allegedly being found with firearms and explosives at the Bagong Alyansang Makabayan Manila Office in Tondo, Manila. Her lawyers have insisted that the pieces of evidence were planted and that the charges filed against her are trumped-up. She gave birth to River on July 1 at the Dr. Jose Fabella Memorial Medical Hospital on July 1. She and her baby were returned to the Manila City Jail 48 hours later. Before this, she filed a motion before the Manila Regional Trial Court (RTC) to allow her to breastfeed her daughter for a year at the hospital or a prison nursery.  But Manila RTC Branch 20 Judge Marivic Balisi-Umali denied this, saying that the jail has “very limited resources” for the care of her child.  Nasino was also among 22 elderly and medically-compromised detainees who filed a motion for their compassionate release amid the pandemic on April 8 before the Supreme Court. But months later, the High Court ruled that the trial courts will be the ones to decide on their temporary release. On August 13, the activist-mother was ordered to turn her child over to her relatives.  River was admitted at the Philippine General Hospital for fever and diarrhea on September 24. She was placed in the intensive care unit on October 9 where she died a few hours later.  A few hours before her daughter died, Nasino filed a very urgent motion for furlough so she can be with her child in her dying moments. On October 13, Manila RTC Branch 47 Judge Paulino Gallegos granted her three full days from October 14 to 16 to be by her daughter’s side during the wake and burial.  But the next day, he cut Nasino’ furlough down to only six hours from 1 to 4 p.m. on October 14 and 16 after receiving opposition from the Manila City Jail. The Manila City Jail cited lack of personnel, health concerns, and a guideline stating that detainees can only be at their loved ones’ burial and wake for a maximum of three hours. For both the wake and the funeral, Nasino was clad in a full set of personal protective equipment, handcuffed, and flanked by numerous uniformed personnel.  Tensions rose during the wake after her escorts tried to pull her away twice before her time was up, eventually escorting her out with 20 minutes to spare before 4 p.m. On October 16, Marites Asis, Nasino’s mother, had to kneel and beg in front of the police to allow them to hold funeral at 11:30 a.m. The cops wanted to delay it until 1 p.m. Police also sped off with River’s hearse to the Manila North Cemetery, leaving her family behind and thwarting activists’ plan to conduct a caravan around the Supreme Court and the Court of Appeals before burying her at the cemetery. Nasino’s counsels at NUPL earlier said that they will file charges against those involved in the activist’s treatment during her daughter’s wake and burial. .....»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsOct 18th, 2020

PH logs 2,673 new infections; 35K contact tracers hired

The Philippines coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases rose to 354,338 on Saturday after the Department of Health reported 2,673 new infections......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsOct 17th, 2020

Foreign direct investments rose 35% to $797 million in July

Net inflow of foreign direct investments jumped 35.2 percent in July to $797 million from $590 million a year ago, sustaining an uptrend for the third consecutive month despite the impact of the health crisis on global financial markets, the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas said Monday......»»

Category: financeSource:  thestandardRelated NewsOct 12th, 2020

Philippines COVID-19 cases top 331,000, death toll hits 6,000

MANILA, Oct. 8 (Xinhua) -- The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the Philippines rose to 331,869 after the Philippines' Department of Health (DOH) reported 2,363 new daily infections on Thursda.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsOct 8th, 2020

COVID-19 cases in Philippines now over 330,000 as deaths surpass 6,000

In its latest bulletin, the Department of Health said the total confirmed cases in the Philippines rose to 331,869 of which 51,482 are active infections......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 8th, 2020

COVID-19 cases in the Philippines breach 311,000

The number of confirmed novel coronavirus infections in the Philippines rose to 311,694 on Wednesday after the Department of Health added 2,426 new cases to its tally. .....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 30th, 2020

Fact check: Reported increase in drug war deaths amid pandemic is backed by gov t data

"The whole country knows that the PNP has been very busy in COVID response, implementing quarantine regulations and minimum health standards since the beginning of the pandemic," the department said in its statement, which claims that the 46.7% decrease in index crime volume rebutts the claim that drug war deaths rose. .....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 22nd, 2020

Go expands investigation beyond PhilHealth

Sen. Bong Go proposed yesterday to expand the mandate of the special task force investigating alleged anomalies in the Philippine Health Insurance Corp. to include other agencies......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 21st, 2020

Xinhua Asia-Pacific news summary at 0600 GMT, Sept. 15

NEW DELHI -- India's COVID-19 tally rose to 4,930,236 and the death toll surged to 80,776, according to the latest data released by the federal health ministry on Tuesday. There are 3,859,39.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsSep 15th, 2020

AirAsia expands Mindanao routes

AirAsia Philippines is expanding its domestic network amid the current health situation as it announced new destinations to Mindanao starting next month......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 6th, 2020

Demand for IT Jobs Continue to Rise During Pandemic

Digitalization was already a trend in businesses but was further fast-tracked due to the COVID-19 pandemic that forced businesses to quickly adapt to the digital medium. The increased need for online transactions rose exponentially as it has been proven effective during this time of strict health safety protocols. The implemented lockdowns in the country hampered […].....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsAug 29th, 2020

Bataan logs 25 new COVID-19 cases

BALANGA CITY, Bataan – A total of 25 new coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) infections have been reported in Bataan, increasing its total tally to 799. Citing the latest report of the Provincial Health Office, Governor Albert Garcia said on Friday that of the 25 cases, 23 were from Mariveles, which is home to the province’s freeport area that has placed some multi-national companies under lockdown. Mariveles’ municipal government has ordered the lockdown of some villages. The Balanga City public market has also been under lockdown for disinfection, but will reopen on Sunday morning.  Garcia said among the new cases were a six-year-old boy from Mariveles and six senior citizens. Five were from Mariveles – a 64-year-old, a 72-year-old, and a 64-year-old health worker, all women; and a 60-year-old and a 66-year-old, both men – and a 78-year-old woman from Pilar.  Some 17 other new cases were also from Mariveles and one from this city. Garcia said contact tracing showed that 16 of the 25 cases had close contact with those who earlier tested positive for the virus. The number of those who have recovered, meanwhile, rose to 499 with the recovery of 17 patients – eight came from Abucay, five from Limay, and one each from this city, Orion, Morong, and Mariveles. There remain 284 active cases while the number of deaths stood at 16. Of the 12,835 who have undertaken Covid-19 tests, 11,851 have tested negative for the virus while 185 were still waiting for the results of their tests, the PHO said. .....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsAug 29th, 2020

Xinhua Asia-Pacific news summary at 1000 GMT, Aug. 21

JAKARTA -- The COVID-19 cases in Indonesia rose by 2,197 within one day to 149,408, with the death toll adding by 82 to 6,500, the Health Ministry said on Friday. According to the ministry,.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsAug 22nd, 2020

New cases top 4,000 for 4th day in a row

The number of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases in the country rose to 182,365 on Friday after the Department of Health (DOH) reported 4,786 new infections......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsAug 22nd, 2020