Advertisements


Quezon City council OKs lower fines for bikers without helmets

The Quezon City council has approved a proposal to lower the fines for those who will violate the soon-to-be implemented ordinance prohibiting bikers from traveling without helmets......»»

Category: newsSource: philstar philstarOct 7th, 2020

Mandatory helmets for e-bikers and e-scooter users pushed in Cebu City

CEBU CITY, Philippines — The Cebu City Council is reviewing an ordinance that would make it mandatory for electronic bikers and electronic scooter users to wear helmets when traversing the streets. Councilor Jerry Guardo, the proponent of the ordinance, said the increasing number of incidents involving e-bikes and e-scooters on the street had “compromised” public […] The post Mandatory helmets for e-bikers and e-scooter users pushed in Cebu City appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsOct 17th, 2020

QC reduces fines for non-wearing of face masks in public places

CALOOCAN CITY, Aug. 15 (PIA) -- The Quezon City Council has reduced the penalty for those who will be caught not wearing face masks or face coverings in public places."Given the present econ.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsAug 16th, 2020

QC reduces fines for non-wearing of face masks in public places

CALOOCAN CITY, Aug. 15 (PIA) -- The Quezon City Council has reduced the penalty for those who will be caught not wearing face masks or face coverings in public places."Given the present econ.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsAug 15th, 2020

Lower fines for mask violations in Quezon City

Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte has approved an ordinance reducing the penalties for those caught not wearing face masks or face coverings in public places......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 15th, 2020

QC reduces penalty for not wearing mask

The Quezon City Council has reduced the penalty for those who will be caught not wearing masks or face coverings in public places. Ordinance No. SP 2957, authored by Councilors Franz Pumaren and Diorella Maria G. Sotto-Antono, the fines for not wearing masks in public places have been lowered from P1,000, P3,000, P5,000 to P300, […] The post QC reduces penalty for not wearing mask appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsAug 14th, 2020

Depressed mom kills self

A 30-year-old mother of four took her own life inside their house in Barangay Payatas, Quezon City on Saturday morning. The woman was said to be suffering from postpartum depression, having given birth to her fourth child six months ago. The Bagong Silangan Payatas Sub-station said the victim, a resident of Diamond Hills in Lower […] The post Depressed mom kills self appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsJan 2nd, 2021

DOH records 50 firework-related injuries, but notes 85% drop compared last year

MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Health (DOH) on Friday noted that there were 50 firework-related injuries in relation to the New Year revelries, but noted that this number was 85 percent lower compared to last year’s record. In a press briefing at the East Avenue Memorial Medical Center in Quezon City, Health Secretary Francisco […] The post DOH records 50 firework-related injuries, but notes 85% drop compared last year appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 1st, 2021

Cebu City Council approves P10B budget for 2021

CEBU CITY, Philippines — The Cebu City Council put its foot down on the city’s budget for 2021 on Wednesday, December 23, 2020, approving only P10 billion instead of the P10.8 billion proposed by Mayor Edgardo Labella. The approved budget is P400 million lower than the 2020 annual budget, which was at P10.4 billion. Read: […] The post Cebu City Council approves P10B budget for 2021 appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 23rd, 2020

Quezon City council OKs more support for cyclists

The Quezon City council has approved a proposal that will institutionalize local government support for cyclists, including the provision of hydration, repair and shower facilities in different parts of the city......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 20th, 2020

Individuals, businesses will be penalized for violating COVID-19 protocols

The Davao City Council has passed an ordinance that will impose fines and penalties for persons or establishments caught not observing physical distancing and other health protocols during this COVID-19 pandemic......»»

Category: newsSource:  davaotodayRelated NewsNov 26th, 2020

Nutrition Council launches 'Tutok Kainan'

QUEZON CITY, Nov. 23 (PIA) -- The National Nutrition Council (NNC) launched on Monday, November 23, their dietary supplementarion program, dubbed "Tutok Kainan" which aims to help in the prevention.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsNov 24th, 2020

Nutrition Council launches 'Tutor Kainan'

QUEZON CITY, Nov. 23 (PIA) -- The National Nutrition Council (NNC) launched on Monday, November 23, their dietary supplementarion program, dubbed "Tutok Kainan" which aims to help in the prevention.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsNov 24th, 2020

QC STARTS ENFORCING BIKE HELMET ORDINANCE

THE Quezon City government has started implementing the Bicycle Helmet measure wherein initial violators were apprehended, issued ordinance violation receipt (OVR) but given free helmets. According to Elmo San Diego, whose Department of Public Order and Safety (DPOS) he heads was the main implementing agency, the local government has to officially start with the enforcement […] The post QC STARTS ENFORCING BIKE HELMET ORDINANCE appeared first on REMATE ONLINE......»»

Category: newsSource:  remateRelated NewsNov 4th, 2020

DEL MONTE, ROOSEVELT BIGYANG PARANGAL SI FPJ NANG WALANG PAGLABAG SA BATAS

SA unang public consultation ng committee on tourism ng Quezon City Council tungkol sa resolution na imbes na Del Monte Avenue ay Roosevelt Avenue na lang ang gawing FPJ Ave ay nagpadala ng pahayag ang National Historical Commission kay Chairperson Coun. Candy Medina na nagsasabing THE PROVISIONS OF REPUBLIC ACT NO.10066 (National Cultural Heritage Act […] The post DEL MONTE, ROOSEVELT BIGYANG PARANGAL SI FPJ NANG WALANG PAGLABAG SA BATAS appeared first on REMATE ONLINE......»»

Category: newsSource:  remateRelated NewsOct 25th, 2020

Belmonte backs renaming of Roosevelt Ave. after FPJ

Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte backed on Saturday Senate President Vicente Sotto III’s suggestion to rename Roosevelt Ave. after Fernando Poe Jr. (FPJ) Ave. in honor of his contributions to the Filipino movie industry. The local government said Belmonte asked the city council to pass a resolution urging Congress to pass a measure renaming Roosevelt Avenue. Senator Lito Lapid earlier suggested to rename Del Monte Ave. after the late actor, but Sotto suggested to change Roosevelt Ave. instead because “it’s where FPJ grew up because it was their ancestral home.” For Belmonte, “it is but right and proper to honor the late Fernando Poe Junior for his invaluable contribution to the city and our culture.” “At the same time, we also recognize the historical and religious significance of the area. We are hoping this issue will be resolved judiciously,” the local chief executive said.    “The Senate President’s suggestion to rename Roosevelt Avenue after the late action king more popularly known as FPJ is a welcome development and a win-win solution for everyone concerned,” she added. “We thank the Senate President for sharing his wisdom and for providing us with a situation that is acceptable to everybody,” she added. In his 46 years as an actor, FPJ starred in around 300 action films earning him the monicker “Da King” of Philippine movies. Almost two years after his death on December 14, 2004 at age 65, FPJ was declared National Artist for film by former President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.  But Poe’s wife, actress Susan Roces refused to accept the posthumous award during a conferment ceremony at Malacañang in June 2006.   Poe and Arroyo contested the Presidency in 2004. In 2012, President Benigno S. Aquino III issued another presidential proclamation —Proclamation No. 435 affirming FPJ’s National Artist stature......»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsOct 24th, 2020

15,600 evacuated in Quezon due to ‘Pepito’

LUCENA CITY –– Local governments in Quezon province evacuated over 15,000 people after Tropical Depression “Pepito” poured heavy rains along its path on Tuesday. Melchor Avenilla, head of the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (PDRRMC) in Quezon, said local authorities evacuated an initial 15,600 people on Tuesday. “Most of them were temporarily relocated […] The post 15,600 evacuated in Quezon due to ‘Pepito’ appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsOct 21st, 2020

Two Visayan solons: Cayetano should recognize Velasco’s election, should step down

Two Visayan lawmakers said Tuesday (Oct. 13) Speaker Alan Peter Cayetano should step down, given that the majority of the 299-man Lower Chamber already gave their support to Marinduque lone District Rep. Lord Allan Velasco as their new Speaker. Cebu City 2nd District Rep.  Rodrigo Abellanosa, and Negros Oriental 2nd District Rep. Manuel Sagarbarria said Cayetano should accept the fact that Velasco has the backing of the majority of their colleagues. “The proceedings, especially the voting are well-documented and can stand scrutiny, and even until now the number of members supporting LAV (Lord Allan Velasco) continues to grow,” Abellanosa said in a Viber message. “APC (Alan Peter Cayetano) might end up with only a handful for him if he insists he still has the number,” he said. On Monday, Oct. 12, Velasco was elected as the Speaker by 186 lawmakers in an assembly held at the Celebrity Sports Plaza in Quezon City. Cayetano questioned such proceedings, saying that it was a “fake session.” Sagarbarria pressed on Cayetano to relinquish his post. “Cayetano should step down and honor the 15-21 agreement,” he said. Under the term-sharing agreement endorsed by President Duterte, Cayetano will serve as Speaker for the first 15 months of the 18th Congress or in October and will step down by the end of this period to allow Velasco to take over during the last 21 months. When asked on calls to formally elect the new Speaker in today’s plenary session, Sagarbarria, chairperson of the House Special panel on West Philippine Sea, said there is no need to conduct another election since Velasco got the support of 186 congressmen. The House leader said he will join today’s special session “with the new Speaker,” referring to Velasco. The House leader said as far as he is concerned, the new Speaker has been elected and that Cayetano has to give way to Velasco.  .....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsOct 13th, 2020

Labella to dad: Amend measure against quarantine violators

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Cebu City Mayor Edgardo Labella has asked the City Council to make amendments in the City Ordinance No. 2566 that penalizes violators of the quarantine protocols to allow lower penalties for the violators. This was revealed by Councilor David Tumulak, the proponent of the ordinance, on August 14, 2020, when he […] The post Labella to dad: Amend measure against quarantine violators appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsAug 14th, 2020

People skipping 14-day home quarantine to face fines

Persons who will break the 14-day home quarantine as part of protocol for Covid-19 testing will now be penalized according to an ordinance passed by the City Council last August 11......»»

Category: newsSource:  davaotodayRelated NewsAug 13th, 2020

PayMaya enables over 50 government agencies

Digital financial services provider PayMaya has enabled over 50 government agencies  to streamline their services and accept cashless payments online todate. From June 2019 to June 2020, the volume of transactions processed by PayMaya from partner government agencies surged 900 per cent. This shows the government efforts to encourage digital payments for fees and services by accepting debit, credit, and e-Wallet payments has paid off. “In the span of one year, government agencies have stepped up their efforts in digitalizing their processes,” according to Orlando B. Vea, Founder and CEO of PayMaya. Because of this, many agencies have been able to continue offering relevant services despite the current crisis, he added. To date, PayMaya has already inked partnerships with the Social Security System (SSS), Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR), Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF) or PAG-IBIG, the Department of Trade and Industry, the Department of Foreign Affairs, the Department of Science and Technology, the Bureau of Customs, the Bureau of the Treasury through the Bonds.ph platform, the Department of Agriculture’s Agricultural Credit Policy Council, the Professional Regulation Commission, the Tourism Infrastructure and Enterprise Zone Authority (TIEZA), and the National Home Mortgage Finance Corporation (NHMFC), among  others.  As part of measures needed to be observed in the ‘new normal’, PayMaya intends to enable more government agencies, institutions, and  local government units to accept cashless payments and digital disbursements. Hence, PayMaya has launched its LGUs Embracing and Accelerating Digitalization (L.E.A.D.) program to help local governments offer digital transactions for constituents. The company likewise enabled digital disbursements for the cities of Manila, Mandaluyong, Caloocan, Pasig, and Quezon City, particularly in delivering financial aid to beneficiaries severely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.  SSS and the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) also tapped Paymaya  to distribute financial aid to beneficiaries of its Small Business Wage Subsidy (SBWS) and Social Amelioration Program (SAP). Furthermore, it has powered the digital payment facilities of LGUs such as Valenzuela and Taguig. Through its app and wallet, PayMaya  provides millions of Filipinos with the fastest way to own a financial account with over 40,000 Add Money touchpoints nationwide, more than double the total number of traditional bank branches in the Philippines combined. Its Smart Padala by PayMaya network of over 30,000 partner touchpoints nationwide serves as last mile digital financial hubs in communities, providing the unbanked and underserved with access to services. .....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsAug 3rd, 2020