Advertisements


Parents of quarantine violators nabbed in Manila

  BY MINKA TIANGCO   *   At least 34 parents of minors who were caught violating community quarantine guidelines were arrested and will be charged by Manila city government and police, officials reported Thursday. This came days after Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso warned parents that they will be prosecuted if they allow […].....»»

Category: newsSource: tempo tempoJul 17th, 2020

Isko warns parents of quarantine violators

  BY MINKA TIANGCO   *   Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso warned that they will begin cracking down on “irresponsible” parents who let their children go out in public without face masks and during curfew hours. This after data from the Manila Department of Social Welfare (MDSW) and Manila Police District (MPD) showed […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tempoRelated NewsJul 13th, 2020

No immediate arrest of ECQ violators – PNP

There will be no immediate arrest of violators of enhanced community quarantine rules in Metro Manila as police are under orders to observe maximum tolerance, Philippine National Police chief Gen. Guillermo Eleazar said yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 6th, 2021

Almost 1k quarantine violators nabbed in Cebu City since Jan. 1 – police

CEBU CITY, Philippines – Close to 1,000 individuals were caught in Cebu City since January 1 for violating quarantine restrictions and not following other health protocols, police said. Police Lieutenant Colonel Wilbert Parilla, deputy director for operations of the Cebu City Police Office (CCPO), said they rounded up almost a thousand residents for not complying […] The post Almost 1k quarantine violators nabbed in Cebu City since Jan. 1 – police appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 28th, 2021

Metro Manila truck ban: 57 violators nabbed on day 2

The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority apprended 57 truck ban violators yesterday morning......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 16th, 2020

DILG: Higit 124K quarantine violators pinalaya

Manila, Philippines-Inihayag ng Department of the Interior and Local Government na simula nang manalasa ang pandemic noong Marso, nakapagpalaya na sila ng 124,576 naaresto sa paglabag sa quarantine sa buong bansa. Ayon kay DILG Undersecretary and spokesperson Jonathan Malaya, ang natitirang 1,751 nakakulong na suspek ay nahaharap sa iba pang kasong kriminal at makalalaya sa […] The post DILG: Higit 124K quarantine violators pinalaya appeared first on REMATE ONLINE......»»

Category: newsSource:  remateRelated NewsOct 25th, 2020

Kisses on being beautiful

As soon as the ECQ (Extended Community Quarantine) in Metro Manila was eased several weeks ago, Kisses Delavin and her parents, Carrie and Gilbert Delavin, drove home to their native Masbate and stayed there since then......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 14th, 2020

97 violators of quarantine nabbed in Pasay

Police raided two night clubs in Pasay City and arrested 97 individuals, including 27 foreigners, for violating quarantine protocols amid the coronavirus disease outbreak. .....»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsOct 3rd, 2020

13 tigbakay gamblers, MGCQ violators nabbed in Talisay

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Thirteen men were arrested by the Talisay City Police this Sunday afternoon, September 20, 2020 for engaging in ‘tigbakay’ and for having no quarantine passes, which is a violation in the modified general community quarantine (MGCQ) protocols. First to be arrested were the “tigbakay” participants at around 12:50 p.m. in Zone […] The post 13 tigbakay gamblers, MGCQ violators nabbed in Talisay appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 20th, 2020

Sinumbong sa socmed: 16 quarantine violators sa Taguig, timbog

Manila, Philippines – Nasampolan ang 16 na indibidwal na lumabag sa quarantine protocol matapos na mag-inuman kung saan sinumbong ang mga ito sa pamamagitan ng social media ng Joint Task Force Covid Shield. Ayon kay JTF commander Lt. Gen. Guillermo Eleazar ngayong Martes, na may nagpadalang concerned citizen sa otoridad at inireport sa Covid Shield […] The post Sinumbong sa socmed: 16 quarantine violators sa Taguig, timbog appeared first on REMATE ONLINE......»»

Category: newsSource:  remateRelated NewsSep 15th, 2020

Fanged GAB to go after health protocol violators

The Games and Amusements Board will have more teeth in going after violators of strict health protocols among pro sports. GAB chairman Abraham ‘Baham’ Mitra in his appearance in the Philippine Sportswriters Association Forum online session on Tuesday stressed that with the presence of an official Joint Administrative Order (JAO) the agency has the right to sanction any teams or players found guilty of breaching safety protocols in their respective leagues. “Since meron nang JAO and sa amin na ibinigay 'yung load, kami na ang mag-i-impose ng sanctions,” said the 50-year-old Mitra of the provision of the JAO signed by his office together with the Department of Health and Philippine Sports Commission (PSC). The sanctions of course, will always be done in coordination with top officials of the pro leagues that were already given the green light to resume workouts as in the case of basketball, football, and boxing under a General Community Quarantine (ECQ) status. “In case something happens and there may be violations, we will be there,” said Mitra. The National Capital Region (NCR) and other nearby provinces reverted back under a Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ) on August 4 owing to the major surge of COVID-19 cases, prompting a delay in the resumption of team workouts among professional players. The GAB chairman also didn’t mince words against repeated violators, adding it has the right to cancel licenses of erring players or ball clubs. “Kung talagang paulit-ulit ay puwede sigurong suspendihin at eventually, kung talagang matigas ang ulo, tanggalan ng professional license. We can do that dahil meron na ring JAO,” Mitra said in the weekly forum presented by San Miguel Corp., Go For Gold, MILO, Amelie Hotel Manila, Braska Restaurant, Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR), and powered by Smart, with Upstream Media as the official webcast partner. Mitra commended both the PBA and PFL for policing their ranks and doing their job of having everybody on board in terms of understanding and abiding by the strict health guidelines as provided under JAO. He added the cooperation of every players and teams are needed for the plan to work out especially once teams begin their respective trainings. “So far yung mga leagues naman sila na mismo (ang kumikilos). Nau-unahan parati ang GAB, kasi kami we want to hear both sides, we want due process.  And we’re doing several things. Unlike ang PBA, nakatutok lang sa PBA, ang PFL nakatutok lang sa PFL,” said the son of the late House Speaker Ramon Mitra Jr. In the case of the Blackwater franchise, the GAB chairman said the team was only given stern warning by his office since the violations committed were done when JAO was yet in effect. Besides, the PBA already penalized the ballclub for P100,000. “The PBA already sanctioned them and GAB doesn’t want to really step on institutions. We always believe in self-regulation. Nandiyan lang kami kung kailangan ninyo kami,” said Mitra, a former member of the House of Representatives and Palawan governor. At the same time, he clarified that guidelines under JAO can be amended and revised from time to time, to adopt to the current situation of the country under the COVID-19 pandemic......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsAug 4th, 2020

MECQ not for lack of ayuda – IATF

Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles denied yesterday that the lack of funds for cash aid or ayuda forced the government to downgrade the quarantine status in Metro Manila and two other areas despite sustained high COVID-19 infections......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 22nd, 2021

OCTA: ECQ worked, COVID-19 spread slows

OCTA Research has found that the implementation of enhanced community quarantine from Aug. 6 to 20 has slowed down COVID-19 infections in Metro Manila, even as the country logged 16,044 new cases yesterday the third highest on record......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 22nd, 2021

Elusive no more

Manila police operatives nabbed Arnold Luna, 50, over the weekend in Tondo, Manila to make him account for a drug case pending before the Manila Regional Trial Court Branch 55 under Judge Josefina Siscar. Luna has been evading arrest since a warrant was issued against him on 4 December 2017. An informant fingered his location […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsAug 22nd, 2021

Cebu Pacific announces flight cancellations from August 21 to 31

MANILA, Philippines — Cebu Pacific has announced the cancellations of some of its domestic flights from August 21 to 31 amid the enforcement of the modified enhanced community quarantine in Metro Manila. In an advisory, Cebu Pacific however said it will continue to operate flights for essential travel during the period covered. “As such, CEB […] The post Cebu Pacific announces flight cancellations from August 21 to 31 appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsAug 22nd, 2021

DFA to resume passport services in NCR

The Department of Foreign Affairs will resume its consular operations in Metro Manila during the modified enhanced community quarantine period......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 21st, 2021

Cases hit new high: 17,231

The Philippines logged an all-time high of 17,231 new COVID-19 cases yesterday, bringing the total number of infections to 1,807,800 a day before Metro Manila and Laguna shift to the less stringent Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine today (Saturday)......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsAug 21st, 2021

Willie patuloy ang pagbibigay ligaya sa programa, hindi papatalo sa COVID-19

Nasa private resort ngayon si Willie Revillame na kanyang pagmamay-ari kung saan kasama niya ang mga staff ng “Wowowin” para sa lock-in live broadcast. Nasa ilalim kasi ng Enhance Community Quarantine (ECQ) ang Metro Manila dahil sa patuloy na pagtaas ng bilang ng COVID-19 cases at ibinaba na sa MECQ simula ngayong araw, Agosto 21. […] The post Willie patuloy ang pagbibigay ligaya sa programa, hindi papatalo sa COVID-19 appeared first on Bandera......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsAug 21st, 2021

No disconnection in Meralco MECQ areas

The Manila Electric Company (Meralco) announced on Saturday that there will be no service disconnection for its consumers with unsettled balances in areas under modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) until the end of the month. This applies for the capital region (NCR), Laguna, Bulacan, Cavite, Rizal and Lucena City, which are placed under the quarantine […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsAug 21st, 2021

Power demand fell 6.2% in August as gov& rsquo;t applied ECQ

The average power demand fell 6.2 percent in August to 12,272 megawatts from 13,082 MW in July following the imposition of the enhanced community quarantine in Metro Manila to stem the increase in COVID-19 infections, the Independent Electricity Market Operator of the Philippines said Friday......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsAug 20th, 2021

Wide-scale quarantine not working

Two weeks into the most severe form of lockdown, COVID-19 cases in the Philippines have not abated. The enhanced community quarantine that is aimed at curbing the spread of the more virulent Delta variant of COVID-19 has restricted mobility, shut down thousands of restaurants and retail outlets across Metro Manila and eliminated millions of jobs......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsAug 20th, 2021