Advertisements


Palace: Duterte s Sinopharm vaccination legal

Palace: Duterte s Sinopharm vaccination legal.....»»

Category: newsSource: cnnphilippines cnnphilippinesMay 4th, 2021

Palace studying if Duterte can receive Sinopharm

Malacañang’s legal team is studying whether President Duterte can get inoculated with COVID-19 vaccines developed by Chinese firm Sinopharm under a “compassionate use” arrangement......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMar 1st, 2021

Palace questions calls in Senate to probe Sinopharm mess

Palace on Monday made a repeated attempt to bury the illegal vaccination of the smuggled Sinopharm on security details of President Rodrigo Duterte, questioning calls in the Senate for a probe over widely criticized incident......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 4th, 2021

& lsquo;Duterte& rsquo;s arrest threat legal& rsquo;

President Rodrigo Duterte’s top legal adviser on Wednesday doubled down on the Chief Executive’s power to order mandatory vaccination against COVID-19, even without an enabling law......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated News3 hr. 27 min. ago

Duterte set to receive 2nd dose of Sinopharm’s jab — Palace

President Rodrigo Duterte will receive his second dose of Sinopharm’s anti-coronavirus vaccine even as he wanted the jabs pulled out of the country pending its approval for emergency use, Malacañang said Thursday. The second dose for the Philippine leader will not be included among those that will be returned to China, said presidential spokesperson Secretary […] The post Duterte set to receive 2nd dose of Sinopharm’s jab — Palace appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsMay 6th, 2021

Duterte set to receive 2nd dose of Sinopharm’s jab — Palace

President Rodrigo Duterte will receive his second dose of Sinopharm’s anti-coronavirus vaccine even as he wanted the jabs pulled out of the country pending its approval for emergency use, Malacañang said Thursday. The second dose for the Philippine leader will not be included among those that will be returned to China, said presidential spokesperson Secretary […] The post Duterte set to receive 2nd dose of Sinopharm’s jab — Palace appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsMay 6th, 2021

Philippines to return Sinopharm vaccines to China after Duterte apologizes for getting jab

Frustrated by criticism of his vaccination with a COVID-19 jab not yet approved for the public, President Rodrigo Duterte is now asking China to take back its donation of 1,000 vaccines developed by Sinopharm Group Co. Ltd. .....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 6th, 2021

Panelo defends Duterte’s pandemic response

Chief Presidential Legal Counsel Secretary Salvador Panelo on Friday defended President Rodrigo Duterte from criticisms on his handling of the pandemic and his detractors’ call for him to step down. “Critics are just finding faults in the President,” he said.   The Palace official, on his daily online program “Counterpoint”, insisted that the government is […] The post Panelo defends Duterte’s pandemic response appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsApr 16th, 2021

Palace talks tough to China

President Rodrigo Duterte’s chief legal counsel criticized China Monday for the continued presence of Chinese ships in the Julian Felipe (Whitsun) Reef, warning that the territorial incursion could damage ties and lead to “unwanted hostilities.”.....»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsApr 6th, 2021

Palace checking if Duterte can legally take Sinopharm vaccine

The Food and Drug Administration allowed last month the compassionate use of 10,000 doses of Sinopharm jabs for members of the Presidential Security Group......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMar 1st, 2021

No response yet from PSG on smuggled Sinopharm probe — FDA chief

Local regulators are meeting obstacles in the probe on the illegal vaccination of President Rodrigo Duterte's security with the smuggled Sinopharm, its director general said Wednesday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 27th, 2021

Panelo insists rule of law observed in vaccination of Duterte s security detail

Chief Presidential Legal Counsel Salvador Panelo said the vaccination was legally valid and consistent with the PSG's duty to secure the president......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 3rd, 2021

Vaccination furor: PSG clears Duterte

Following President Duterte’s disclosure that some soldiers and members of his Cabinet have already been inoculated with Chinese firm Sinopharm’s COVID-19 vaccine, Presidential Security Group commander Brig. Gen. Jesus Durante III yesterday cleared the Chief Executive of any liability in the vaccination of his close-in PSG personnel......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 30th, 2020

Duterte only wants progressive groups to condemn armed struggle — Palace

President Rodrigo Duterte only wants the so-called legal fronts to renounce armed violence, Malacañang said Tuesday, as it advised progressive lawmakers to "get real" and admit their ties with the Communist Party of the Philippines......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 1st, 2020

CPP is deceiving the public for denying existence of its front organizations — Roque

It would be the height of deception of the local communist rebel group if it will deny the existence of their front organizations, a Palace official said Tuesday. Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque (OPS / FILE PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN) According to Presidential spokesman Harry Roque, the Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) has an armed group, the New People’s Army (NPA), as well as a political wing composed of the so-called legal front groups. He argued that these front organizations may not take up arms but still belong to the communist rebel group. Roque made the statement even after clarifying that authorities have been advised against red-tagging personalties without presenting proof. “Lilinawin ko, bagama’t ang sinabi ni Secretary Lorenzana na polisiya natin talaga ay kung walang ebidensiya dapat manahimik at huwag mag-red tagging eh hindi naman po ibig sabihin noon na wala talagang mga organisasyon na talagang kasapi at kabahagi ng CPP-NPA (I’d like to make clear that although (Defense) Secretary (Delfin) Lorenzana mentioned our policy to stay silent and avoid red-tagging personalities without proof, it does not mean that there are no organizations belonging to the CPP-NPA),” Roque said during a televised press briefing.  “Ang CPP-NPA po, talagang mayroon silang revolutionary armed struggle, iyan po iyong NPA at mayroon silang political, kasama sa political ay iyong mga tinawag nilang mga organisasyon na diumano’y legal dahil hindi naman sila humahawak ng baril pero kabahagi pa rin po ng CPP-NPA at hindi po madi-deny iyan. Kaplastikan po ng CPP-NPA kung sasabihin nilang wala silang mga legal fronts na tinatawag. (The CPP-NPA has a revolutionary armed struggle, that’s the NPA and they have a political arm composed of what they call legal organizations because they don’t take up arms but they are still part of the CPP-NPA and that cannot be denied. It will be deceitful for the CPP-NPA if they will say they don’t have so-called legal fronts),” he said. Amnesty International earlier appealed to the Philippine government to halt “its vicious and at times deadly practice of red-tagging” or labeling of groups or persons as communists or terrorists. The group urged the government to address criticisms about its policies instead of allegedly endangering people practicing free speech.“In the prevailing context where red-tagged individuals become the targets of harassment, threats and even killings, courts and pertinent government agencies must take concrete steps to ensure the safety and protection of these individuals,” the group said in its website. The appeal was made as the Senate started an inquiry into the controversial red-tagging activities of some military officials. Last week, the Palace said President Duterte wanted military and police officials to stop labeling personalities as communists without showing evidence. Duterte has spoken through Lorenzana who advised officials to be careful in red-tagging, according to Roque. .....»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsNov 3rd, 2020

Roque to Congress: Consult Palace on increasing budget for vaccines

Any congressional move to raise the proposed 2021 budget for the coronavirus vaccine should at least be done in consultation with the Executive branch, according to a Palace official.  Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque (RESIDENTIAL PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN) Presidential spokesman Harry Roque said while they respect Congress’ wisdom to hike the vaccine budget for the next year, the issue on its funding source must also be addressed. “The power of purse is vested in Congress. We will bow to the wisdom of Congress should they deem it fit to increase the budget for the vaccine, and of course, may pagkukuhanan po iyan (there will be a funding source for that),” he said during a Palace press briefing Thursday. “So we hope that Congress will at least confer with the Executive kung saan nila kukunin iyong pondo para itaas ang budget for the vaccine (on where the funds will be obtained to raise the budget for the vaccine),” he added. Nonetheless, Roque affirmed the administration’s resolve to ensure the country has adequate funds for the vaccine procurement once the life-saving drug becomes available.“We join Congress in our desire that we should have sufficient funds to pay for the vaccine, which according po to (Philippine) Ambassador (to China) Chito (Sta. Romana) is really forthcoming in the near future,” he said.The House of Representatives has reportedly introduced several amendments to its approved 2021 national budget, including a higher budget for the purchase of COVID vaccines to P8 billion.  In the original Palace-backed P4.5 trillion national budget proposal, at least P2.5 billion has been allocated for the COVID-19 vaccination program under the Department of Health’s budget. House Majority Leader Martin Romualdez, who leads a small group in charge of amendments to the budget bill, said the additional P5.5 billion to augment the vaccine budget aims to ensure safe and effective vaccine will be available to Filipinos. “This is to support President Rodrigo Duterte’s program to strengthen the country’s health care system. We believe that vaccines play a very crucial role in keeping the population safe and healthy from the pandemic,” the Leyte lawmaker said.  On the part of the Senate, Senator Panfilo Lacson disclosed plans to increase funding for the coronavirus vaccine under the proposed 2021 national budget. Last week, the President said the government has the funds to buy the coronavirus vaccine once it is available but would need more money to vaccinate all Filipinos. Duterte earlier vowed to give priority to the poor, the police and military personnel in the distribution of free vaccines.  He said the country will buy the most affordable vaccine to be sold in the market given the government’s limited resources. .....»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsOct 22nd, 2020

Anti-terrorism bill now on final review, a week before automatic enactment

The legal team of the Palace already has a recommendation for President Rodrigo Duterte's course of action on the anti-terrorism bill......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 2nd, 2020

Palace legal team still reviewing anti-terrorism bill – Duterte

MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte has yet to get his hands on the controversial anti-terror bill. “My legal [team] is still reviewing it,” Duterte said in a taped meeting with Cabinet officials aired on Monday night. “I have not gotten it back. I had it reviewed. It’s always automatic. After it was passed to […] The post Palace legal team still reviewing anti-terrorism bill – Duterte appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 23rd, 2020

Arrest of vaccine refusers possible – Panelo

President Duterte’s chief legal counsel believes the 1987 Constitution gives the government sufficient authority, in contrast with presidential spokesman Harry Roque’s interpretation that a law is needed, to arrest vaccine refusers......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated News5 hr. 57 min. ago

Palace confirms P18.4 billion Bayanihan 2 funds unobligated

Malacañang yesterday confirmed that more than P18 billion under the Bayanihan to Recover as One Act or Bayanihan 2 remains unobligated but it is unsure whether President Duterte would call for a special session to extend the fund’s validity......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 22nd, 2021

Palace to extend estate tax amnesty law

Malacañang yesterday assured the public that President Duterte would sign the extension of the estate tax amnesty law, which expired last June 14......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 19th, 2021