Advertisements


Palace: Duterte has chosen Sinas successor

President Duterte has chosen the next chief of the 220,000-strong Philippine National Police, according to Malacañang......»»

Category: newsSource: philstar philstarMay 4th, 2021

Sinas says he is qualified in his appointment as PNP chief

MANILA, Philippines — Newly-installed Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Gen. Debold Sinas believes he is qualified to become the highest PNP official despite criticism on why he was chosen by President Rodrigo Duterte to lead the 200,000-strong police force. During the Laging Handa public briefing on Wednesday, Sinas said he had been assigned to different […] The post Sinas says he is qualified in his appointment as PNP chief appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 11th, 2020

Sinas isn& rsquo;t off the hook& mdash;Palace

Metro Manila’s top cop, Maj. Gen. Debold Sinas, is still within the long arm of the law---despite President Rodrigo Duterte’s statement he would not fire him over allegations he violated quarantine protocols......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsMay 21st, 2020

NCRPO chief Sinas may still be held liable for mañanita mess, Palace says

Cases against Police Maj. Gen. Debold Sinas, National Capital Region Police Office chief, will proceed even if President Rodrigo Duterte has justified quarantine violations at a birthday gathering for the senior police official......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 21st, 2020

Palace rethinking sanctity of contracts?

WHAT happens if a successor of President Duterte questions contracts entered into on his watch for being lopsided or even traitorous? The blame game for onerous deals could be played in an unending political cycle......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 11th, 2019

Diosdado Peralta Is New Chief Justice

Associate Justice Diosdado Peralta is the successor of retired Chief Justice Lucas Bersamin, Malacañang announced on Wednesday. In a text message, Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea confirmed that President Rodrigo Duterte has chosen Peralta to lead the Supreme Court following Bersamin’s retirement. “Yes,” Medialdea said, when asked to confirm Peralta’s appointment as the country’s new top […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsOct 23rd, 2019

Bantag is new BuCor chief

Malacanang on Tuesday announced that President Rodrigo Duterte appointed former Manila and Paranaque City jails warden Gerald Bantag as the new director-general of the Bureau of Corrections (BuCor). In a statement, Presidential spokesman Salvador Panelo said that Bantag was chosen “based on his professional competence and honesty.” “The Palace is behind the President’s decision and […] The post Bantag is new BuCor chief appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsSep 17th, 2019

I will lead by example — PNP chief Eleazar

PGen. Guillermo Lorenzo Eleazar on Friday officially assumed office as the 26th chief of the Philippine National Police (PNP). The sixth top cop appointed by President Rodrigo Duterte, Eleazar took over from the controversial PGen. Debold Sinas, who bows out from police service Saturday, his 56th birthday. Both Sinas and Eleazar are members of the […] The post I will lead by example — PNP chief Eleazar appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsMay 7th, 2021

Duterte set to receive 2nd dose of Sinopharm’s jab — Palace

President Rodrigo Duterte will receive his second dose of Sinopharm’s anti-coronavirus vaccine even as he wanted the jabs pulled out of the country pending its approval for emergency use, Malacañang said Thursday. The second dose for the Philippine leader will not be included among those that will be returned to China, said presidential spokesperson Secretary […] The post Duterte set to receive 2nd dose of Sinopharm’s jab — Palace appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsMay 6th, 2021

Duterte set to receive 2nd dose of Sinopharm’s jab — Palace

President Rodrigo Duterte will receive his second dose of Sinopharm’s anti-coronavirus vaccine even as he wanted the jabs pulled out of the country pending its approval for emergency use, Malacañang said Thursday. The second dose for the Philippine leader will not be included among those that will be returned to China, said presidential spokesperson Secretary […] The post Duterte set to receive 2nd dose of Sinopharm’s jab — Palace appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsMay 6th, 2021

Palace: Duterte s Sinopharm vaccination legal

Palace: Duterte s Sinopharm vaccination legal.....»»

Category: newsSource:  cnnphilippinesRelated NewsMay 4th, 2021

‘Only Duterte can curse’: Palace says Locsin sorry for Twitter rant vs China

Foreign Affairs Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr. has apologized for swearing at China on Twitter amid escalating tensions over the West Philippine Sea, Malacañang said Tuesday. .....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 4th, 2021

Palace wants Speedcast dropped

President Rodrigo Duterte wants a multinational firm out of the P1.3-billion free WiFi project over its “unsatisfactory” performance in installing internet sites across the country and for allegedly violating Customs laws, the Palace said Monday. Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque slammed Speedcast, the Australian company tapped to provide telco equipment for the government’s landmark program, over […] The post Palace wants Speedcast dropped appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsMay 3rd, 2021

Palace: Let Duterte pursue ‘calibrated, calculated’ foreign policy on West Philippine Sea

MANILA, Philippines — Malacañang on Sunday told critics, particularly retired Senior Justice Antonio Carpio and former foreign affairs secretary Albert del Rosario, to let President Rodrigo Duterte pursue his “careful, calibrated, and calculated” foreign policy amid the latest China’s aggressions in the West Philippine Sea. Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque was responding to the rebukes of […] The post Palace: Let Duterte pursue ‘calibrated, calculated’ foreign policy on West Philippine Sea appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 2nd, 2021

Palace: All or nothing policies in West Philippine Sea dangerous, unproductive

“The Filipino fishers are tired of Mr. Duterte compromising our sovereignty in the name of foreign loans and now, vaccines,” Hicap said......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 2nd, 2021

Palace blasts Carpio, other critics on West Philippine Sea

Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea criticized yesterday former foreign affairs secretary Albert del Rosario and former senior associate justice Antonio Carpio Jr. for putting the blame for China’s aggressive stance in the disputed areas of the West Philippine Sea on President Duterte......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 2nd, 2021

Palace, lawmakers backchannel on pork tariffs

Malacañang and leaders of Congress are quietly working on a compromise over the much-criticized move of President Duterte to lower tariffs and raise the minimum access volume for pork, senators said yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 28th, 2021

Palace denies verbal fishing agreement between Duterte, Xi

Malacañang Friday denied that President Rodrigo Duterte has entered into a fishing agreement with Chinese President Xi Jinping, contradicting a 2019 statement of a previous Palace spokesman who claimed that the deal was "informal" but "binding.".....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 23rd, 2021

Palace directs FDA to stop illegal trading of repacked ivermectin

President Rodrigo Duterte has directed the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to take the lead against the illegal trading or dispensing of ivermectin, an anti-parasitic drug for animals but believed to be effective against the coronavirus disease, Malacanang said......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsApr 22nd, 2021

Panelo defends Duterte’s pandemic response

Chief Presidential Legal Counsel Secretary Salvador Panelo on Friday defended President Rodrigo Duterte from criticisms on his handling of the pandemic and his detractors’ call for him to step down. “Critics are just finding faults in the President,” he said.   The Palace official, on his daily online program “Counterpoint”, insisted that the government is […] The post Panelo defends Duterte’s pandemic response appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsApr 16th, 2021

Palace: No photos needed to prove Duterte is working

The Palace said people know that the president is working even when Duterte is not in the public eye......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 12th, 2021