Advertisements


New Covid lockdown for Canada s Ontario province

New Covid lockdown for Canada s Ontario province.....»»

Category: newsSource: thestandard thestandardApr 8th, 2021

Tabuk City puts 4 barangays under lockdown vs COVID-19

Tabuk City is the capital of Kalinga province......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 18th, 2021

Sulu on lockdown over new COVID-19 strain

The military supports the decision of the Sulu provincial government to place the province on lockdown due to the threat posed by the new coronavirus strain detected in Sabah, Malaysia......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 30th, 2020

Military supports planned Sulu lockdown vs COVID-19

The provincial government of Sulu is set to implement a temporary lockdown in the entire province from January 4 to January 14, 2021 to prevent the entry of travelers from Sabah......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 30th, 2020

Bataan logs 25 new COVID-19 cases

BALANGA CITY, Bataan – A total of 25 new coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) infections have been reported in Bataan, increasing its total tally to 799. Citing the latest report of the Provincial Health Office, Governor Albert Garcia said on Friday that of the 25 cases, 23 were from Mariveles, which is home to the province’s freeport area that has placed some multi-national companies under lockdown. Mariveles’ municipal government has ordered the lockdown of some villages. The Balanga City public market has also been under lockdown for disinfection, but will reopen on Sunday morning.  Garcia said among the new cases were a six-year-old boy from Mariveles and six senior citizens. Five were from Mariveles – a 64-year-old, a 72-year-old, and a 64-year-old health worker, all women; and a 60-year-old and a 66-year-old, both men – and a 78-year-old woman from Pilar.  Some 17 other new cases were also from Mariveles and one from this city. Garcia said contact tracing showed that 16 of the 25 cases had close contact with those who earlier tested positive for the virus. The number of those who have recovered, meanwhile, rose to 499 with the recovery of 17 patients – eight came from Abucay, five from Limay, and one each from this city, Orion, Morong, and Mariveles. There remain 284 active cases while the number of deaths stood at 16. Of the 12,835 who have undertaken Covid-19 tests, 11,851 have tested negative for the virus while 185 were still waiting for the results of their tests, the PHO said. .....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsAug 29th, 2020

Polomolok implements lockdown on 4 barangays, 3 puroks

GENERAL SANTOS CITY (MindaNews / 19 Aug) – At least four barangays and three communities in Polomolok town, South Cotabato province were placed under localized lockdown after the confirmed locally acquired and transmitted coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in the area have increased to five as of Tuesday night. Polomolok Mayor Honey Lumayag-Matti said the preemptive […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsAug 20th, 2020

Cash remittances dip 6.4% in January-May

The central bank said cash remittances or transfers via the banking system has declined by 6.4 percent year-on-year in the first five months of the year to $11.554 billion from $12.349 billion.  “The decline in cash remittances was due to the negative effects of the continued limited operating hours of some banks and institutions that provide money transfer services during the lockdown and the repatriation of many OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) in March 2020,” said the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) in a statement Monday. The cash remittances of land-based overseas Filipinos dropped 7.2 percent to $8.965 billion compared to same time last year of $9.664 billion. The remittances of sea-based workers also dipped 3.6 percent to $2.589 billion from $2.684 billion.  “By country source, the US registered the highest share to total overseas Filipinos remittances at 39.4 percent for January–May. It was followed by Singapore, Saudi Arabia, Japan, the United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, Canada, Hongkong, Qatar, and Taiwan,” the BSP said. “The combined remittances from these countries accounted for 78.8 percent of total cash remittances.” For the month of May only, remittances sent through the banks decreased by 19.3 percent to $2.106 billion compared to $2.609 billion same time in 2019. Also for the month of May, personal remittances fell by 19.2 percent to $2.341 billion versus $2.896 billion in May 2019. Personal remittances from land-based workers with work contracts of one year or more slipped by 21.2 percent to $1.77 billion in May from $2.24 billion. Sea-based workers and land-based workers with work contracts of less than one year also declined by 12.4 percent to $519 million from $592 million in 2019. According to the BSP, “this is the third consecutive month that personal remittances posted year-on-year contraction amid the adverse effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on global economic activity, travel, and employment, resulting in the repatriation or deferment of employment of many OFWs.” For the cumulative January-May, personal remittances went down by 6.4 percent year-on-year to $12.835 billion from $13.707 billion. Personal remittances as defined by the BSP, is the “sum of net compensation of employees, personal transfers and capital transfers between households.” For 2020, the BSP expects cash remittances to contract by five percent and end up with $28.6 billion and then recover next year, bouncing back to a four percent growth to $29.8 billion. Last year, cash remittances reached $30.133 billion or up 4.1 percent from 2018, while personal remittances grew by 3.9 percent year-on-year to $33.467 billion......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsAug 3rd, 2020

Ilocos Norte Guv clarifies no province-wide lockdown despite clamor

LAOAG CITY, July 31 (PIA) - In an official statement issued online, Governor Matthew Marcos Manotoc addresses the Ilokanos on the outcry of some for a lockdown in Ilocos Norte due to rising COVID-1.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsJul 31st, 2020

Pangasinan village on lockdown

A barangay in San Nicolas town in this province has been placed on lockdown after a resident tested positive for coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 13th, 2020

Rocco, GF kumasa sa ‘Talim challenge’ para sa 200 senior; Sheena handa nang maging mommy

    SA kabila ng mga challenge na sinuong, abot-langit pa rin ang naramdamang kaligayahan ni Rocco Nacino at ng kanyang girlfriend na si Melissa Gohing nitong nakaraang linggo. Magkasama kasi silang nagbigay ng ayuda sa mga lolo at lola sa isang isla sa Rizal Province na naapektuhan din ng lockdown dulot ng COVID-19. Sa […] The post Rocco, GF kumasa sa ‘Talim challenge’ para sa 200 senior; Sheena handa nang maging mommy appeared first on Bandera......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 9th, 2020

Pangasinan LGUs declare lockdown, ECQ

Eight more new cases of coronavirus disease or COVID-19 have been recorded in at least four towns in this province since Saturday, prompting some local government units to declare a lockdown or place their areas under extreme enhanced community quarantine......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 7th, 2020

Sto. Nino Basilica sa Cebu ni-‘lockdown’ sa Covid-19

ISINAILALIM sa quarantine wng mga pari at empleyado ng Basilica del Sto. Niño sa Cebu City bunsod ng pagkalat umano ng Covid-19 sa kumbento. Sa kanyang post sa Facebook, sinabi ni Fr. Andres Rivera Jr., OSA, prior provincial ng Province of Sto. Niño de Cebu-Philippines, nadiskubre ang ilang kaso noong Mayo 25. “We have already […] The post Sto. Nino Basilica sa Cebu ni-‘lockdown’ sa Covid-19 appeared first on Bandera......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 30th, 2020

Igorot heritage helped keep Team Lakay strong throughout quarantine

The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has affected millions all over the world not just in terms of physical health, but mental health as well.  With home quarantines and restrictions being placed just about everywhere in the world, people have needed to adapt and adjust to essentially living inside a bubble.  Fortunately, some countries have slowly started to ease restrictions and get back on their feet, and the Philippines is one of them.  Since March, the whole of Luzon has been on Enhanced Community Quarantine, but after the May 15 deadline, a number of cities and provinces have transitioned into General Community Quarantine. Restrictions are still very much in place, but slowly, things are starting to move towards a new normal.  Throughout that time, members of Team Lakay have managed to keep themselves safe and in shape with the help of home workouts and committing to daily training regimens.  (READ ALSO: Mark Sangiao pleased to see Team Lakay wards maintain fitness even during quarantine) The Baguio-based mixed martial arts heroes have also managed to keep themselves not just physically healthy, but mentally healthy as well, and they believe that their Igorot heritage has a lot to do with how they’ve managed to keep their well-being in check throughout the pandemic.  “The Igorot people are known to be resilient, self-sustaining, village-oriented, and we are used to simple living,” said Team Lakay head coach Mark Sangiao. “Even in times like these, people don’t get hungry because we take care of each other. You go out and you’ll see free vegetables stocked out on the road, and we don’t hoard them, we only get what we need so that everyone has something on their tables.” “Remember that during the war, Cordillera was able to sustain themselves because of the strong ties that we have here, coupled with the patience and the resiliency that we have,” he added. (READ ALSO: Team Lakay mentor Mark Sangiao looking forward to re-opening gym once lockdown is lifted) For former ONE Lightweight World Champion Eduard Folayang, obedience has been a key part in staying safe.  “The Igorot people are obedient, we make sure to follow our figures of higher authority, especially our elders.” “We also practice what we call ‘binadang,’ which means helping those in need, which is very important during times like this,” he added. As for former ONE Bantamweight World Champion Kevin Belingon, self-reliance is an important trait among the Igorot people.  “As a proud Igorot, we are taught to be self-reliant and fend for ourselves during trying times. We are also very obedient and respectful to our leaders,” Belingon stated. Former ONE Flyweight World Champion Geje Eustaquio echoed Belingon’s sentiments about the Igorot people being self-reliant as well.  “Being an Igorot, most especially the genes and the lifestyle that we live has really helped us during this pandemic,” said Eustaquio. “We are very resilient people, we hold our pride high. We can survive and we can adapt on our own,” “We’ve managed to stay strong throughout this period because I believe that the Igorot people are naturally healthy people,” explained ONE featherweight contender Edward Kelly.  ”The Igorots are physically strong because we are very hard workers, and that helps make our immune system strong as well. Having a strong immune system is very important nowadays so that we don’t get sick with the virus,” Kelly added. For ONE Strawweight World Champion Joshua Pacio, discipline and obedience has been a major part in keeping Baquio and the Benguet province one of the least affected areas.  “The Baguio-Benguet area was somehow one of the places with the least amounts of cases of people that have tested positive for the coronavirus, and I believe that it’s because of how disciplined the Igorot people are,” said Pacio.  “We listen and we take seriously what the government says. We stay at home and we don’t go out, and we make sure that our health and safety is a must,” the champ added......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsMay 26th, 2020

Pangasinan village on lockdown

Barangay Dupac in Asingan town in this province has been placed on total lockdown for 14 days after two residents tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 22nd, 2020

Canada stores start reopening after COVID-19 lockdown

In Ottawa's ByWard Market neighborhood, shopkeepers were busy readying for an influx of shoppers, dusting off wares and adjusting to new rules......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsMay 20th, 2020

ABS-CBN Sports Upfront serves up new episodes on LIGA

ABS-CBN Sports continues to deliver fresh content to its viewers with its sports and lifestyle show “Upfront” offering new episodes featuring some of the biggest sports stars starting May 17. Now airing on cable sports channel LIGA, “Upfront” debuts its fun online at home edition with a feature on UP Fighting Maroon Ricci Rivero, who will answer fan questions in #UpfrontAsk. The UAAP guard will also share basic dribbling moves that can easily be done at home.  Also joining the show are fellow UAAP stars and animal lovers Kiefer and Dani Ravena, Kim Fajardo, and Mel Gohing. The basketball phenom and the three volleyball champions will be giving some tips on how to take care of pets during this quarantine period. Viewers must also stay tuned this May 24 as Ateneo Lady Eagle Kat Tolentino joins the cook-off challenge with “Upfront” host Turs Daza. The UAAP champion will also share how she is keeping busy now that she is back home in Canada during this COVID-19 lockdown. Meanwhile, fans can also expect never-before-seen episodes of “Upfront: What’s In My Bag?” featuring PVL MVP Jema Galanza and former Ateneo setter Deanna Wong. “Upfront,” which received the Anak TV Seal award in 2018, is hosted by Martin Javier, Angelique Manto, Janeena Chan, and Turs Daza. Don’t miss “Upfront’s” new and exciting episodes every Sunday starting May 17 at 8 am, with replays at 1 pm and 6 pm on LIGA on Channel 86 and LIGA HD on Channel 183 on SkyCable and Destiny. LIGA is also available nationwide thru its 200 Cable affiliates.   Continue to celebrate sports culture with Kapamilya sports fans by following @ABSCBNSports on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and subscribe to the ABS-CBN Sports YouTube channel. For sports news, visit sports.abs-cbn.com. For updates, follow @ABSCBNPR on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram or visit www.abscbnpr.com......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsMay 12th, 2020

Possibility of a total lockdown seen in Cavite

TRECE MARTIRES CITY, Cavite Apr. 27 (PIA) -- Cavite Governor Jonvic Remulla sees the likelihood of declaring a total lockdown in the province based from the latest records of the COVID-19 cases......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsApr 27th, 2020

Ilocos Norte records first COVID-19 cases

BATAC CITY, April 1 (PIA) -- Days after Ilocos Norte is placed under total lockdown to prevent the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), the province records its first two positive cases o.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsApr 1st, 2020

With confirmed COVID-19 case, Sultan Kudarat to impose lockdown, curfew

KORONADAL CITY (MindaNews / 27 March) – Sultan Kudarat province will impose a lockdown and a 10-hour curfew from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. effective March 28 to fight the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), Gov. Suharto Mangudadatu said. Mangudadatu signed Executive Order 25 on Thursday raising the general community quarantine to enhanced community quarantine after […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsMar 29th, 2020

Laguna placed under total lockdown

Laguna Governor Ramil Hernandez announced Saturday that the whole province is now under total lockdown amid the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic. The governor said in a social media post that he is implementing a total lockdown which took effect at 1 p.m. on Saturday, 28 March. The order of Hernandez came after the Laguna […] The post Laguna placed under total lockdown appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsMar 28th, 2020

S. Cotabato governor expands COVID-19 lockdown measures

KORONADAL CITY, South Cotabato, Mar. 27 (PIA) --Following the confirmation of a COVID-19 positive case in adjacent province, South Cotabato Governor Reynaldo Tamayo Jr. issued amendments to his Exe.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsMar 27th, 2020