Advertisements


More pregnant women in Iloilo infected with coronavirus

  BY TARA YAP     ILOILO CITY – The local government of this city has revealed that more pregnant women are getting infected with coronavirus. Jeck Conlu, spokesman of the city government on COVID-19, said that at least nine pregnant women have tested positive in results released Monday. Conlu said that Taft North village […].....»»

Category: newsSource: tempo tempoSep 15th, 2020

Pregnant women nearing due date is Talisay City’s 17th COVID patient

CEBU CITY, Philippines — A woman who is about to give birth tested positive for the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Talisay City. Talisay City Mayor Gerald Anthony “Samsam” Gullas said in a Facebook post on Wednesday, May 20, 2020, that the 32-year-old woman from Barangay Tabunok went for a routine check-up at a hospital […] The post Pregnant women nearing due date is Talisay City’s 17th COVID patient appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 20th, 2020

27 more inmates get COVID

Twenty-seven more inmates of the Correctional Institution for Women in Mandaluyong have tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019, bringing to 47 the number of prisoners infected with COVID-19......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 27th, 2020

Mass testing

The government is now ramping up what it calls mass testing. As of Tuesday, about 35,000 people have already been tested. But although the government is using the term mass testing, not everyone will actually end up being tested. Testing will still have to follow a protocol. This is to test first those who are suspected of being infected because of symptoms, followed by our frontliners, then the vulnerable group like the elderly with underlying medical conditions and pregnant women......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsApr 15th, 2020

Olympics-bound boxer Irish Magno promises to make the most of added time to prepare for Tokyo

Filipina flyweight boxer Irish Magno was the fourth and latest member of the Philippine contingent to secure a spot in the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, before the whole world seemingly went into quarantine due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Magno made the most of her second chance in the 2020 Asia and Oceania Olympic Boxing Qualifiers in Amman, Jordan back in the first week of March, edging out Tajikistan’s Sumaiya Qosimova, 5-0, in the Women’s Flyweight Olympic Box-off to earn her first-ever Olympics berth. She joined top-seeded Men’s Middleweight Eumir Felix Marcial, who also clinched a berth to Tokyo while also taking home gold in the Qualifying Tournament. Just a couple of weeks later, Magno, and the rest of the world, found out that Tokyo 2020 had been postponed to 2021 because of the world’s current health crisis. While it was indeed a saddening development, Magno fully understands the need. “Sobrang nakakalungkot po talaga, kasi yun po yung pinag-hahandaan ng buong team, especially yung mga nag-qualify na,” Magno told ABS-CBN Sports. “But at the same time, okay lang po kasi mas mahabang preparation po kung sakaling ma-postpone yung Tokyo Olympics, at priority po talaga sa ngayon, at mas importante yung safety and health ng every athlete.” “So, if ever po, naiintindihan ko naman po,” Magno added. (READ ALSO: Hidilyn Diaz reacts to Tokyo 2020 Olympics postponement) The 2019 SEA Games Silver Medalist admits that the postponement doused her excitement for her maiden Olympics appearance quite a bit. “Medyo nabawasan din [yung pagka-excited], pero sa panahon ngayon, mahirap rin po sa amin na matuloy kasi hindi po kami makakapag-training ng maayos dahil sa Coronavirus,” Magno explained. “Mas better na ma-postpone, at least makakapag-prepare pa kami ng mas matagal pa.” With the added time to prepare, Magno assured that training won’t let up as they try to bring home some Olympic boxing hardware. “As of now, wala pa po akong balita regarding [sa mga upcoming tournaments], wala pa po kasi kaming naka-schedule, pero I’m sure naman po na tuloy-tuloy ang training.” “Pag-hahandaan po talaga namin to ng buong team, sisiguraduhin po namin na susulitn namin yung binigay na time for the Olympics,” she continued. While the 28-year old will have to wait a bit longer until she can wear the country’s colors in Tokyo, the honor of being an Olympian isn’t lost on her. “Sobrang laki po talaga [na karangalan], is a po ito sa pangarap ng bawat atleta, kaya pagbubutihin ko pa po talaga ang pag-hahanda sa Olympics, dahil para po ito sa ating lahat at sa bansa.” Magno is currently under self-quarantine until March 27th in Baguio City. With the current Enhanced Community Quarantine in Luzon, she isn’t sure if she can go home to Iloilo before April 14th. “Wait ko na lang po sasabihin ng coaches po,” she concluded. (RELATED: Right decision – POC president Tolentino on Tokyo Olympics reset)  .....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsMar 27th, 2020

Thousands rally in Asia for International Women s Day despite virus fears

BANGKOK, Thailand – Thousands took to the streets across Asia for International Women's Day on Sunday, March 8, even as the coronavirus outbreak forced the cancellation of events in the region. In China – the epicenter of the epidemic that has killed more than 3,500 people and infected over 100,000 worldwide – ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsMar 8th, 2020

Avoid Iloilo, pregnant women advised

Avoid Iloilo, pregnant women advised.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 18th, 2016

PH eyes more contact tracers—tracing czar 

Tracing czar and Baguio City Mayor Benjie Magalong said the government needs to recruit more contact tracers amid the rising number of people who get infected with the coronavirus disease. In a radio interview, he said that an ideal team of four people composed of a health worker and a police investigator should be allotted […] The post PH eyes more contact tracers—tracing czar  appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated News20 hr. 16 min. ago

17 areas in Pangasinan under watch for COVID-19

Three cities and 14 towns in Pangasinan were placed under close watch yesterday morning for having a high number of people infected with coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 21st, 2020

BuCor chief positive for COVID-19

Bureau of Corrections Director General Gerald Bantag has been infected with the coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19 along with his driver and close-in security from the police Special Action Force......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 21st, 2020

PNPA holds online classes

Classes at the Philippine National Police Academy continued online for cadets who are not infected with the coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19, the PNPA said yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 20th, 2020

Stranded folk from Western Visayas may now go home

ILOILO CITY, Iloilo, Philippines — Stranded residents from Western Visayas can now go home after the national task force overseeing the government response to the new coronavirus disease (COVID-19) partially lifted the suspension of travel to the region. The order from the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases covered inbound travel […] The post Stranded folk from Western Visayas may now go home appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 16th, 2020

Bacolod steps up contact tracing

BACOLOD CITY, Sept. 12 (PIA) - Bacolod City mayor Evelio Leonardia is stepping up the city's contact tracing program to stem the rising number of coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) infected persons here......»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsSep 13th, 2020

PRRD claims no “taga-squatter” has been infected with COVID-19, “not even in Davao City” but…

DAVAO CITY (Minda News / 09 September) –  President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday said he has not seen anyone from the “taga-squatter” (slums) infected with the coronavirus disease (COVID)-19, “not even in Davao City,” adding it may be because of the climate or the body constitution itself of residents in these areas. Several urban poor […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsSep 11th, 2020

COVID could make or break presidents

As the Philippines keeps its lead in the regional race to the top of the COVID heap, China and Russia are in another competition to win the favor of Filipinos fending off the invisible coronavirus that has infected more than 238,000 of them and killed 3,800-plus......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 7th, 2020

Serena through to last 16 as fresh controversy hits US Open

Serena Williams battled into the US Open last 16 Saturday as the tournament endured fresh controversy after New York health officials ordered the women's top doubles pairing be withdrawn over coronavirus restrictions......»»

Category: sportsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsSep 6th, 2020

Iligan vice mayor admits being positive of COVID-19

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY (MindaNews / 1 Sep) – The vice mayor of Iligan City has admitted on Tuesday he is positive of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) after having close contact with a city councilor who was infected earlier. As this developed, the Philippine National Police placed an entire police station in Iligan temporarily closed […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsSep 3rd, 2020

Maternity house for IP mothers to rise in Surallah

KORONADAL CITY, South Cotabato, Sept. 3 (PIA) - A maternity clinic specifically intended to address the needs of pregnant Tboli women will soon rise in a barangay in Surallah town, this province......»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsSep 3rd, 2020

22 Davao City Hall employees had Covid-19, says Mayor

22 employees of Davao City Hall were found to have been infected with coronavirus (Covid-19), but details were not divulged how and where they got infected......»»

Category: newsSource:  davaotodayRelated NewsSep 3rd, 2020

Philippines first women s pro hoops league eyes January 2021 debut

Though stymied by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the second season of the WNBL — this time as a professional league — is expected to make a revamped comeback......»»

Category: sportsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 2nd, 2020

Chinese bus offers new evidence of airborne coronavirus spread—study

A person on a poorly ventilated Chinese bus infected nearly two dozen other passengers with coronavirus even though many weren’t sitting close by, according to research published on Tuesday that offers fresh evidence the disease can spread in the air. Health authorities had initially discounted the possibility that simply breathing could send infectious micro-droplets into […] The post Chinese bus offers new evidence of airborne coronavirus spread—study appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 2nd, 2020