Advertisements


More aid for Mandaue’s fire victims

CEBU CITY, Philippines – More help has arrived for the thousands of individuals in Brgy. Looc, Mandaue City displaced by a massive fire. The Cebu Provincial Government, through the Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office (PSWDO), has donated at least 700 relief packs to the families from Sitio Paradise, Brgy. Looc who lost their homes […] The post More aid for Mandaue’s fire victims appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource: inquirer inquirerNov 29th, 2022

Donations needed for Ibo fire victims: No worn-out clothes please

MANDAUE CITY, Cebu — Victims of the fire that broke out in a coastal community in Barangay Ibo in Lapu-Lapu City are in need of help. But, Nagiel Bañacia, head of the City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (CDRRMO), is asking potential donors not to give worn-out clothing to the fire victims. “Mga tawo […] The post Donations needed for Ibo fire victims: No worn-out clothes please appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 17th, 2023

Looc fire victims complain of flooded tents in Norkis Park

MANDAUE CITY, Philippines — Victims of the fire in Sitio Paradise, Barangay Looc, Mandaue City were already transferred to the Norkis Park, the city’s former isolation unit that is also located in Barangay Looc. They were previously staying at the Ceasar Cabahug Elementary School but were asked to move because the Department of Education wants […] The post Looc fire victims complain of flooded tents in Norkis Park appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 3rd, 2023

Looc brgy chief to 2,000 Paradise fire victims: Leave school, wait for city’s temporary housing

MANDAUE CITY, Philippines — The over 2,000 victims of the Sitio Paradise fire have started to leave the Ceasar Cabahug Elementary School where they were temporarily staying for nearly a month or since Nov. 27. Looc Barangay Captain Allan Siazon said that the victims of the Nov. 23 fire were given until Dec. 31 to […] The post Looc brgy chief to 2,000 Paradise fire victims: Leave school, wait for city’s temporary housing appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 26th, 2022

Lapu-Lapu Mayor donates P1M for Mandaue fire victims

LAPU-LAPU CITY, Philippines — Lapu-Lapu City or Lapu-Lapu Mayor Junard “Ahong” Chan turned over on Friday, Dec. 2, 2022, a cheque worth P1 million to Mandaue City Vice Mayor Glenn Bercede. Chan donated the amount to the city government of Mandaue for the fire victims at Sitio Paradise in Barangay Looc. The fire that hit […] The post Lapu-Lapu Mayor donates P1M for Mandaue fire victims appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 2nd, 2022

Cortes: Temporary shelter for fire victims will be up before 2022 ends

MANDAUE CITY, Philippines — Mandaue City Mayor Jonas Cortes told victims of the massive fire that struck Sitio Paradise in Barangay Looc here that their temporary shelter will be ready before the year ends. Cortes announced this on Wednesday, November 30, during the distribution of the victims’ financial assistance through the Assistance for Individuals in […] The post Cortes: Temporary shelter for fire victims will be up before 2022 ends appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 30th, 2022

More aid for Mandaue’s fire victims

CEBU CITY, Philippines – More help has arrived for the thousands of individuals in Brgy. Looc, Mandaue City displaced by a massive fire. The Cebu Provincial Government, through the Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office (PSWDO), has donated at least 700 relief packs to the families from Sitio Paradise, Brgy. Looc who lost their homes […] The post More aid for Mandaue’s fire victims appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 29th, 2022

Barangay Looc declares state of emergency due to massive fire

MANDAUE CITY, Philippines — Barangay Looc in Mandaue City has declared a state of emergency after it was hit by a massive fire on Tuesday, November 22. Looc Barangay Captain Allan Siazon, on Thursday, November 24, said that emergency funds will be used to purchase goods and equipment that the fire victims would need especially […] The post Barangay Looc declares state of emergency due to massive fire appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 24th, 2022

Chan donates 1-month salary, goods to Mandaue fire victims

LAPU-LAPU CITY, Philippines — Lapu-Lapu City Mayor Junard “Ahong” Chan has donated his one-month salary to the fire victims of Sitio Paradise, Barangay Looc in Mandaue City. The cheque for the mayor’s salary amounted to P188,726. Aside from his one-month salary, Chan also turned over to Mandaue City Mayor Jonas Cortes 1,000 pcs. relief packs […] The post Chan donates 1-month salary, goods to Mandaue fire victims appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 23rd, 2022

Cortes to let fire victims return, rebuild their homes

MANDAUE CITY, Philippines — Mandaue City Mayor Jonas Cortes has promised the fire victims in Sitio Paradise, Barangay Looc that they can return and build their houses in the area. Cortes made this promise during his visit on Wednesday morning, November 23, to the two evacuation sites where the fire victims were temporarily sheltered. Cortes […] The post Cortes to let fire victims return, rebuild their homes appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 23rd, 2022

Mayor Cortes to Subangdaku fire victims: Financial aid to be given soon

MANDAUE CITY, Philippines — Victims of the recent fire in Barangay Subangdaku here can expect financial assistance from the city government soon. Mayor Jonas Cortes on Monday, August 1, said that the city had already assessed the families, and the list had already been endorsed to the Sangguniang Panlungsod for the needed budget for the […] The post Mayor Cortes to Subangdaku fire victims: Financial aid to be given soon appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsAug 2nd, 2022

Officials appeal for aid for Basak San Nicolas fire victims

MANDAUE CITY, Cebu – Officials of Barangay Basak San Nicolas in Cebu City are asking for donations of food and clothing for the fire victims. In their latest count, at least 130 families were displaced by the fire that hit a thickly populated community in Sitio Seaside, Alumnos on Sunday afternoon, May 9. Most of […] The post Officials appeal for aid for Basak San Nicolas fire victims appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 10th, 2021

In Photos: Lapu-Lapu City gov’t sends aid to Brgy Basak fire victims

MANDAUE CITY, Cebu – The Lapu-Lapu City government already sent aid to individuals who were displaced by the Sunday afternoon fire that hit Sitio Caimitohan in Barangay Basak. Mayor Junard Chan said that the fire victims received pack meals, blankets, basins, and plates among others. The City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO) has so […] The post In Photos: Lapu-Lapu City gov’t sends aid to Brgy Basak fire victims appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 3rd, 2021

Tabok fire razes 40 houses, displaces 295 individuals

MANDAUE CITY, Philippines — A morning fire today, April 18, razed 40 houses and displaced 295 individuals in a residential area in Upper Tabok, Barangay Tabok, Mandaue City. The 295 fire victims, which makes up the 98 displaced families, were staying at Barangay Tabok’s gymnasium, said Tabok Barangay Captain Dario Tariman in a phone interview […] The post Tabok fire razes 40 houses, displaces 295 individuals appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 18th, 2021

Mandani Bay extends help to Mandaue City

Committed to providing help for its partner communities, Mandani Bay developer HTLand has extended assistance to the victims of the recent fire that broke out in Barangay Looc, Mandaue City. HTLand Project Director Gilbert Ang handed over the PhP200,000 financial aid to Mandaue City Mayor Jonas Cortes at the Mandaue City Hall. “Mandani Bay is […] The post Mandani Bay extends help to Mandaue City appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMar 4th, 2021

Construction of socialized housing for Mandaue’s fire victims to start this year

MANDAUE CITY, Philippines – The construction of phase 1 or building A of the proposed mid-rise socialized housing in sitio Maharlika, Barangay Tipolo, here, is set to start this year. Ibañez said the socialized housing project will have a lot area of 8,230 square meters with four mid-rise buildings with provisions for parking, open areas, […] The post Construction of socialized housing for Mandaue’s fire victims to start this year appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 23rd, 2021

Looc fire victims get cash aid from Mandaue City gov’t

MANDAUE CITY, Philippines- Victims of the fire that hit sitio Superior, Barangay Looc here last December 6, 2020, received financial assistance from the city government on Monday, December 28, 2020. Mayor Jonas Cortes led the distribution of financial assistance to families that were displaced by the fire. The families, whose homes were totally damaged, received […] The post Looc fire victims get cash aid from Mandaue City gov’t appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 28th, 2020

Kuya Bong visits Mandaue, Lapu-Lapu cities

Senator Christopher ” Bong” Go went to the cities of Mandaue and Lapu-Lapu in Cebu to bring aid to fire victims and market vendors yesterday. Go visited the 152 fire victims in Barangay Looc, Mandaue City and provided them with P5,000 each. “We facilitated financial assistance and provided them with foods, groceries, face masks and […] The post Kuya Bong visits Mandaue, Lapu-Lapu cities appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsDec 18th, 2020

Go leads turnover of housing units to Bataan fire victims

Sen. Bong Go joined a team from the National Housing Authority during the turnover of housing units to fire victims at 1Bataan Village Phase 1 in Barangay Daang Pare in Orion, Bataan on Thursday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsFeb 4th, 2023

Chan to victims of Ibo fire: You can rebuild your houses in the area

LAPU-LAPU CITY, Philippines — Lapu-Lapu City Mayor Junard “Ahong” Chan assures fire victims from Sitio Commonwealth in Barangay Ibo that they can still build again their houses in the area. Chan made the assurance since the lot was owned by the Mactan Cebu International Airport Authority (MCIAA). The mayor said that this was not the […] The post Chan to victims of Ibo fire: You can rebuild your houses in the area appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 23rd, 2023

Bong Go aids fire victims in Malabon

Sen. Bong Go on Tuesday distributed assistance to at least 89 families who were displaced by fires that struck Malabon City recently......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 30th, 2022