Advertisements


MMDA to appeal extension of aid distribution

MMDA to appeal extension of aid distribution.....»»

Category: entertainmentSource: pep pepApr 12th, 2021

Power lifeliners& rsquo; relief plan hailed

President Rodrigo Duterte’s approval of the extension of the no-disconnection policy to “lifeliners” or the low-income households gives a timely and much-needed relief following Senator Sherwin Gatchalian’s appeal to the Energy Regulatory Commission and distribution utilities......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsFeb 6th, 2021

Palace open to extension of aid distribution

Malacañang is open to extending the 15-day period for the giving of aid to National Capital Region Plus residents affected by the two-week lockdown but is hopeful that the distribution will be completed soon......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 12th, 2021

‘More intervention needed to protect welfare of poor’

Sen. Bong Go reiterated his appeal to the Department of Social Welfare and Development and affected local government units to expedite the distribution of the Supplemental Amelioration Program to an estimated 22.9 million low-income Filipinos......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 9th, 2021

DUs, ECs to decide on extension of disconnection policy

The Energy Regulatory Commission is leaving it up to distribution utilities and electric cooperatives if they will extend their no disconnection policy......»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 13th, 2021

Basak San Nicolas barangay chief begins serving suspension, plans to appeal to DILG

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Barangay Basak San Nicolas Captain Norman Navarro has started serving his six-month suspension over alleged anomalies in the distribution of the Special Amelioration Program (SAP) here.  Navarro was ordered suspended from November 4, 2020, until May 2021 by the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG).  In a phone interview with […] The post Basak San Nicolas barangay chief begins serving suspension, plans to appeal to DILG appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 5th, 2020

Duterte asked to act on slow disbursement of aid for seniors

President Duterte has been urged to step in on the supposed slow disbursement of financial assistance to senior citizens during the COVID-19 pandemic. Senior Citizen partylist Rep. Rodolfo “Ompong” Ordanes brought to the attention of the Chief Executive the “continuous troubles” hounding the Department of Social Welfare and Development’s implementation and disbursement of the Social Amelioration Program (SAP) , Unconditional Cash Transfer (UCT), and Social Pension for Indigent Senior Citizens. “To date, we continually receive reports from thousands of our senior citizens all around the Philippines on how the DSWD fails to timely disburse the monetary aid that our government promised to them,” he said in his letter to Duterte dated Oct. 21. He laments that some of the senior citizens have perished before receiving a single centavo from the monetary aid due them. “This slow implementation and disbursement of the DSWD of critical monetary aid for our senior citizens clearly runs contrary to the directive of Your Excellency for the government to do whatever it takes to protect the welfare of our almost 10 million vulnerable senior citizens,” he said. “Thus, we humbly seek the assistance of Your Excellency in requesting that the DSWD fast-track the implementation and disbursement of the monetary aid for our senior citizens,” Ordanes said. During the House of Representatives’ plenary deliberations on the proposed P171-billion budget of the DSWD for 2021 last Oct. 13, it was relayed that some 1.404 million senior citizens have benefited from the national government’s SAP. In a virtual press briefing last week, over 2.9 million indigent senior citizens have received their social pension worth about P8.7 billion. The number is almost 83 percent of the 3.5 million indigent elderly targeted to receive the government stipend. During his 58th birth anniversary last Oct. 15, DSWD Secretary Rolando Bautista led the distribution of social pension worth P2.178 million to around 726 indigent senior citizens in Dinalupihan, Bataan. Republic Act No. 9994 or the “Expanded Senior Citizens Act of 2010” provides that seniors qualified to receive social pension are those who are frail, sickly, or with disability; without any pension from other government agencies; and without a permanent source of income or source of financial assistance and compensation to support their basic needs. However, the DSWD said those senior citizens who are not included in the list, but are eligible, can still appeal to the Office of the Senior Citizens Affairs (OSCA), their local governments, and the nearest Field Office, which has jurisdiction over their areas, for assessment......»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsOct 24th, 2020

Metro Manila mayors recommend extended GCQ in NCR until end of 2020

The Metro Manila Council (MMC) has recommended to the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) the extension of the General Community Quarantine (GCQ) in the National Capital Region (NCR) until the end of the year. (Photo by Ted ALJIBE / AFP / MANILA BULLETIN) The MMC, the policy-making body of the MMDA is composed of 17 mayors in the NCR.  “All our mayors agreed to recommend to the IATF to extend GCQ until December 31. It is easy to adjust gradually while under GCQ,” Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) General Manager Jose Arturo Garcia  disclosed during a virtual press conference Monday, October 19.  “Mas mahirap na i-Modified General Community Quarantine or MGCQ na 100 percent tsaka mo babawasan, magkakaroon ng resistance iyan, mahirap i-control. Unlike GCQ tayo tapos gradually tayo nag-a-adjust ng mga capacity. This is the better move para tumakbo ang ekonomiya natin (It is hard to place NCR 100 percent under MGCQ.  Then if  you decrease the quarantine level, there will be resistance.  That’s hard to control. Unlike when we are still under GCQ and we gradually adjust the capacity. This move is better to help our economy),” Garcia explained. NCR is currently under GCQ until the end of October. The MMC also suggested that curfew in Metro Manila be shortened from the current 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. to 12 a.m. to 4 a.m. Garcia said this is also the recommendation of the economic team in order to boost the economy which was badly affected by the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic. “This is for our economy, for our establishments to earn more. More people are expected to dine at restaurants due to the change in the curfew hours,” he said. “All the mayors agreed to this. Of course, health protocols must be strictly observed at such establishments,” Garcia added. The mayors likewise agreed to allow persons aged 18 to 65 outside their homes.. “Our mayors pointed out that individuals aged 18 are the ones who are allowed to work, therefore, they are not out of their houses for leisure. Those below the said age are more prone to go out their houses just for leisure,” Garcia explained. Garcia said there is still nothing definite about the traditional “Simbang Gabi.” “There are recommendations to adjust the curfew during the start of ‘Simbang Gabi’ to 12 a.m. to 3 a.m. But, this is not yet final. It is too early to talk about this. We will release a guideline by the end of November,” he said. .....»»

Category: lifestyleSource:  abscbnRelated NewsOct 19th, 2020

Metro mayors agree on GCQ extension

The 17 mayors of Metro Manila who comprise the Metro Manila Council (MMC), the governing body of the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA), are not about to let the National Capital Region (NCR) be downgraded from its general community quarantine status by the end of September. Parañaque City Mayor Edwin Olivarez, MMC chairman, stressed the […] The post Metro mayors agree on GCQ extension appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsSep 25th, 2020

Lack of Q passes still a problem for many Cebu City residents

CEBU CITY, Philippines –Have you already received your quarantine pass from the Cebu City Hall? The distribution of the new quarantine passes has become a primary concern for many especially with the extension of the city’s enhanced community quarantine status to July 15.  Quarantine passes are needed when going out of one’s home either to […] The post Lack of Q passes still a problem for many Cebu City residents appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 1st, 2020

2 LGUs ask extension of SAP distribution

CEBU CITY, Philippines – Around 30,000 families from two large cities in Cebu have yet to receive their financial assistance from the national government, agencies here report. Shalaine Lucero, assistant director of the Department of Social Welfare and Development in Central Visayas (DSWD-7), said the Special Amelioration Program (SAP) is still ongoing in the cities […] The post 2 LGUs ask extension of SAP distribution appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 21st, 2020

Electronics exporters appeal lockdown extension

Electronics exporters appeal lockdown extension.....»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsMay 13th, 2020

Mayors suggest lockdown extension

The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) on Saturday revealed that majority of the 17 mayors in Metro Manila suggested to extend the lockdown in Metro Manila up to 30 May 2020 to allow the mayors’ city governments to cope with their coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) mass testing demands and capacity. In a briefing, MMDA general […] The post Mayors suggest lockdown extension appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsMay 9th, 2020

& lsquo;Indigent workers must have first crack at dole& rsquo;

A leader of the House of Representatives on Friday said workers in the informal economy, which comprise 25.7 million of the poorest among the poor in the labor sector, should be prioritized during the extension of the deadline for the distribution of cash assistance......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsMay 8th, 2020

SAP distribution in NCR extended until May 10 

Interior Secretary Eduardo Año announced on Thursday that the distribution of the Social Amelioration Program (SAP) in the National Capital Region (NCR) has been extended until May 10. Año said that an extension was allowed because of the huge population in Metro Manila. “We have to give them some additional days,” Año said. Only 77.51% […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsMay 7th, 2020

DILG: SAP fund distribution may be extended anew

The Department of the Interior and Local Government is eyeing another extension in the distribution of the social amelioration program as there are still issues in the handing out of financial assistance to qualified beneficiaries, particularly in Metro Manila......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 6th, 2020

ERC orders longer bill payment extension

The Energy Regulatory Commission directed distribution utilities and retail electricity suppliers operating under the enhanced community quarantine in the National Capital Region to further extend payment of consumers’ electricity bill until May......»»

Category: financeSource:  thestandardRelated NewsMay 6th, 2020

Benguet LGUs request SAP pay-out extension

LA TRINIDAD, Benguet, May 1(PIA) - - The provincial government will seek extension on the distribution of the financial assistance under the Social Amelioration Program (SAP) after the April 30 dea.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsMay 1st, 2020

One more week : DILG gives extension to LGUs to finish cash aid distribution

The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) has given some local governments one more week to distribute aid to households affected by the quarantine, saying it was impossible for them to meet the deadline because of the high number of beneficiaries in their area......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 30th, 2020

Go backs support for middle class

In light of the extension of the enhanced community quarantine in Luzon, Sen. Bong Go echoed the appeal of local officials, civic organizations and entrepreneurs to the government to also provide aid to middle class Filipino families amid the current coronavirus disease 2019 emergency......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 8th, 2020

DILG: LGUs may ask for more aid beneficiaries

To address complaints of uneven distribution of cash assistance, the Department of the Interior and Local Government said local government units may appeal the number of poor families qualified for the government’s social amelioration program......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 8th, 2020