Advertisements


Metro Manila, 4 provinces revert to stricter GCQ

Metro Manila and four provinces have reverted to general community quarantine (GCQ) “with heightened restrictions” amid the threat of the more virulent COVID-19 Delta variant, Malacañang said Friday. The capital region, as well as Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, Davao del Norte, and Davao de Oro, were placed under the stricter form of GCQ starting Friday, […] The post Metro Manila, 4 provinces revert to stricter GCQ appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource: tribune tribuneJul 23rd, 2021

No need to revert to MECQ – Palace

Despite reports of family clusters being infected by COVID-19, Malacañang reiterated there is no need yet to shift to a stricter modified enhanced community quarantine in Metro Manila and nearby provinces......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMar 10th, 2021

Metro Manila, Laguna, Bataan revert to MECQ

Metro Manila and the provinces of Laguna and Bataan would be downgraded to modified enhanced community quarantine in the second half of August, Malacañang announced Thursday. The capital region and Laguna would shift from ECQ to the less restrictive lockdown status starting Friday, while Bataan would return to such quarantine classification beginning Monday. “These latest […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsAug 19th, 2021

NCR Plus: Metro Manila, 6 neighboring provinces stay under GCQ till July 15

Metro Manila and its close provinces will remain under general community quarantine with restrictions starting July 1 till July 15, areas in 12 other regions will be observing the stricter "modified enhanced community quarantine" or MECQ......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 28th, 2021

Palace positive of PH recovery from pandemic

Malacañang expressed confidence on Tuesday that the Philippine economy will recover despite the recent stricter quarantine measures in Metro Manila and its nearby provinces due to the spike in the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) infections......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsMay 26th, 2021

ING economist expects PH recession to continue in the 1st quarter of 2021

The country’s economic recession may continue in the first quarter with the resumption of stricter lockdown measures implemented by the government in Metro Manila and adjacent provinces to prevent the spread of COVID-19 pandemic, an economist said Tuesday......»»

Category: financeSource:  thestandardRelated NewsMar 24th, 2021

Lockdowns not ruled out; 25% drop in cases eyed

While the government hopes the stricter general community quarantine imposed on Metro Manila and nearby provinces can curb rising COVID-19 cases, it is not ruling out “drastic actions” like lockdowns if present restrictions are not enough to contain the pandemic......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMar 23rd, 2021

Exports plummeted by 18.6% in August after shift to MECQ

Exports tumbled 18.6 percent in August from a year ago, deeper than the 9.1-percent contraction in July, after the government placed Metro Manila and surrounding provinces under the stricter moderate enhanced community quarantine......»»

Category: financeSource:  thestandardRelated NewsOct 9th, 2020

August Imported Vehicle sales in PH Down 7%

Monthly sales of Association of Vehicle Importers and Distributors (AVID) went down by 7 percent in August compared to July of 2020. The decline in sales is attributed to the implementation of stricter lockdown measures in Metro Manila, and four other nearby provinces last month. Sales went down from 5,100 unit sales in July to […].....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsSep 18th, 2020

MGCQ halts public transport, restricts movements

Stricter health measures will be imposed by the government in Metro Manila and other provinces placed under a modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) starting Tuesday (Aug. 4), including the suspension of public transportation, quarantine passes for residents and closure of nonessential establishments, Malacanang said Monday......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsAug 4th, 2020

Recently opened businesses to close – DTI

With Metro Manila and the nearby provinces of Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna and Rizal back to a stricter modified enhanced community quarantine, the Department of Trade and Industry said businesses which recently reopened including dine-in restaurants, barber shops, salons and gyms would have to temporarily close again......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 4th, 2020

Economic recovery takes ‘one step back’

The Philippine economic recovery is taking a step back to curb the surging coronavirus outbreak and fix the fragile health system waging a “losing battle” against the pandemic. Finance Secretary Carlos G. Dominguez III said yesterday that the return of Metro Manila and nearly provinces to a stricter lockdown may take a toll on the drivers of economic rebound in the near-term. But Dominguez said that if the reimposed stricter modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) is correctly implemented, it will have a favorable impact on the nation’s long-term economic prospects. “In the short run, the return to MECQ may negatively affect livelihoods, consumer demand and production. However, if the time is used to boost all our medical resources and prevent further spread of the virus, then the MECQ will be positive for the long haul,” Dominguez said. As this is a new virus, Dominguez explained that nations, including the Philippines, continuously learn to adapt to the challenges posed by the new and uncertain environment induced by coronavirus. “The whole world is learning how to dance with this virus: two steps forward and one step back,” Dominguez said.Earlier, the DOF chief pushed for a shift of Metro Manila and Calabarzon—accounting for about 70 percent of the country’s gross domestic product (GDP)—“as quickly as possible” to the most lenient quarantine status to kickstart the economy. However, President Duterte ordered Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal back under the MECQ from August 4 to 18 following a surge of COVID-19 cases and the appeal of healthcare workers. The two week shift to MECQ for Metro Manila and its adjacent provinces starting today ceased some businesses and public transport, while work and quarantine passes are also reinforced to restrict non-essential movements. Reverting to MECQ is an unwelcome develop for the economic managers as it could derail hopes for a recovery in the third quarter of the year. Acting Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Karl Kendrick T. Chua earlier said the economic impact of the quarantine measures in country was “more severe than expected.”  Days before Metro Maila reverted to MECQ, Dominguez said the local economy had already hit bottom and started to recover from the coronavirus-induced crisis, noting business activities have begun to pick up. The government had gradually eased the tough virus lockdown measures after the economy shrank by 0.2 percent in the first quarter......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsAug 3rd, 2020

More checkpoints set up

  BY AARON RECUENCO     The Joint Task Force COVID Shield will set up more checkpoints in Metro Manila and nearby provinces as President Duterte approved to revert the National Capital Region, Bulacan, Laguna, Rizal and Cavite to Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ). Police Lt. Gen. Guillermo Lorenzo Eleazar, commander of the JTF COVID […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tempoRelated NewsAug 3rd, 2020

‘Without policy change, stricter lockdown will fail in curbing COVID-19’

With over a hundred thousand positive COVID-19 cases, the Philippines has reverted Metro Manila and neighboring provinces to a stricter lockdown for the next two weeks but critics say that without changes to the government’s pandemic control strategies, this would be useless. The post ‘Without policy change, stricter lockdown will fail in curbing COVID-19’ appeared first on Bulatlat......»»

Category: newsSource:  bulatlatRelated NewsAug 3rd, 2020

Robredo resumes free shuttle services for health workers

The Office of the Vice President is set to resume its free shuttle service for healthcare workers as Metro Manila and nearby provinces revert to modified enhanced community quarantine status on Tuesday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 3rd, 2020

Market on watch for COVID-19 progress

Trading at the stock market this week will remain dependent on the country’s COVID-19 situation, as investors weigh the economic consequences of the strict lockdown in Metro Manila and other provinces......»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 22nd, 2021

No al fresco, spa in NCR MECQ

Outdoor dining and personal care services remain prohibited in Metro Manila and the provinces of Laguna and Bataan even if it eased to modified enhanced community quarantine (ECQ), Malacañang announced Friday. The capital region and Laguna would shift modified ECQ starting Saturday, while Bataan would return to such a quarantine classification beginning Monday until the […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsAug 20th, 2021

Government assures Laguna, Bataan residents of ayuda during ECQ

Residents of Laguna and Bataan will also receive much-needed cash aid as those provinces went into hard lockdown alongside Metro Manila and other key cities to curb infections......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 9th, 2021

Jobless rate in June steady at 7.7%, but may rise again

The unemployment rate stayed at 7.7 percent in June, but is expected to rise this month with the implementation of the stricter enhanced community quarantine from Aug. 6 to 20 in Metro Manila to prevent the further spread of the more virulent Delta variant of COVID-19......»»

Category: financeSource:  thestandardRelated NewsAug 4th, 2021

Impending ECQ in Metro forces PBA to suspend games

As Metro Manila is set to go under stricter quarantine status in three days owing to surging infections caused by Corona virus Delta variant, the PBA has decided to suspend its conduct of the games in a development that could derail the league’s timetable for what has already been an abbreviated 46th season......»»

Category: sportsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsAug 3rd, 2021

Monsoon continues to bring rains in Luzon, Metro Manila

Metro Manila and several provinces in Luzon will continue to experience rains and thunderstorms this week due to the southwest monsoon......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 1st, 2021