Advertisements


Medellin town ends COVID-free status, logs 2 new cases on Jan. 10

MANDAUE CITY, Cebu – After 40 days of enjoying a COVID-free status, Medellin town in northern Cebu logged two new infections on Sunday, January 10, 2021. Its Rural Health Unit (RHU) reported that the town’s new cases both come from Barangay Antipolo. “Gipahinumduman ang tanan sa padayon ug ensakto nga pagsul-ob sa face mask, kanunay […] The post Medellin town ends COVID-free status, logs 2 new cases on Jan. 10 appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource: inquirer inquirerJan 11th, 2021

Medellin logs 3 new cases; Mayor, staff negative for COVID-19

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Medellin Mayor Joven Mondigo Jr. and the staffers of the local government unit who were close contacts with a previously confirmed COVID-19 case in the town have tested negative for the viral infection. Mondigo, in an update on Thursday morning, July 9, 2020, said a number of the municipal personnel were […] The post Medellin logs 3 new cases; Mayor, staff negative for COVID-19 appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 9th, 2020

Iloilo town under ECQ after 220 market vendors contract Covid-19

Passi City in Iloilo will be under enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) until 11 February after 220 market vendors tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19). In Saturday’s Laging Handa briefing, Passi Mayor Stephen Palmares said the ECQ status began 28 January. “As of 30 January, we have at least 220 cases,” he said. Initially, […] The post Iloilo town under ECQ after 220 market vendors contract Covid-19 appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsJan 30th, 2021

Santander town loses COVID-free status

MANDAUE CITY, Cebu – Starting on Monday, January 25, the municipality of Santander will implement stricter health measures in order to prevent a spread of the coronavirus disease in their locality. In an advisory that was released on Saturday afternoon, Jan. 23, the municipal government said that returning Locally Stranded Individuals (LSIs) will be asked […] The post Santander town loses COVID-free status appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 24th, 2021

Tuguegarao reverts to ECQ; Baggao on MECQ

This city and the remote town of Baggao were reverted to stricter community quarantine status for 10 days starting yesterday amid a surge in COVID-19 cases......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 20th, 2021

Madridejos now COVID-19 free

CEBU CITY, Philippines — There are now zero active cases of the new coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Madridejos town, a week after the town was under wide scrutiny due to crowd gathering. Mayor Salvador Dela Fuente, in a phone interview with reporters on Friday, December 4, confirmed that their lone COVID-19 patient recently recovered. […] The post Madridejos now COVID-19 free appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 4th, 2020

NegOcc town deploys health enforcers to keep Covid-free status

MEETING. Don Salvador Benedicto Mayor Laurence Marxlen de la Cruz (right), with Councilor Rogelio Asin, chairman of the committee on health, presides over the Joint Local Inter-Agency Task Force Covid-19, Local Health Board, and Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council Meeting and Updating held on Nov. 10, 2020. The municipality no longer has an […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  balitaRelated NewsNov 20th, 2020

Samboan is COVID-free

CEBU CITY, Philippines – Another town in Cebu province is now free of active cases of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The local government of Samboan in southwestern Cebu, in a statement published on their official Facebook page, announced that they have recorded zero active COVID-19 cases as of November 5. However, local officials continue […] The post Samboan is COVID-free appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 6th, 2020

Labella optimistic Cebu City can achieve ‘COVID-free’ status

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Cebu City Mayor Edgardo Labella is optimistic that the city can achieve a coronavirus-free status, a challenge dangled by the Visayas’ top official of the anti-coronavirus task force. “I am optimistic (we can achieve zero active COVID-19 cases)… It’s a tall order but it’s a possibility,” Labella told reporters in a […] The post Labella optimistic Cebu City can achieve ‘COVID-free’ status appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsOct 23rd, 2020

16 Consolacion brgys now COVID-free

MANDAUE CITY, Cebu – Only five of the 21 barangays in Consolacion town continue to have cases of the coronavirus disease as of Sunday, October 11. The rest of the 16 barangays are now free of the infection, the municipal government announced. Barangays Jugan and Nangka continue to have three cases each while Lamac, Poblacion […] The post 16 Consolacion brgys now COVID-free appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsOct 12th, 2020

Medellin COVID cases drop to 17 with no new cases reported in 5 days

MANDAUE CITY, Cebu – Medellin town in northern Cebu did not log any new cases of the coronavirus disease in the last five days or since September 30, 2020, said Dr. Oliver Gimenez, the Municipal Health Officer. It instead logged three new coveries this Sunday, October 4, two of whom were from Barangay Poblacion while […] The post Medellin COVID cases drop to 17 with no new cases reported in 5 days appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsOct 4th, 2020

Cebu City logs another record-low in new cases

CEBU CITY, Philippines –Three days before the month of September ends, Cebu City has recorded another low in the number of new coronavirus cases. The Department of Health in Central Visayas (DOH – 7), in its latest COVID-19 bulletin issued on Sunday, September 27, announced that the city only recorded five new patients of the […] The post Cebu City logs another record-low in new cases appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 27th, 2020

Liloan logs six new recoveries on Aug. 24

MANDAUE CITY, Cebu – Liloan town logged six new recoveries with no new cases of the coronavirus disease on Monday, August 24. With the addition, this northern Cebu town’s recoveries now total to 215. “The notable decrease of the active cases of Covid-19 in Liloan is the product of the concerted efforts of all municipal […] The post Liloan logs six new recoveries on Aug. 24 appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsAug 25th, 2020

Cardona to lock down village with 21 confirmed virus cases starting August 3

CARDONA, Rizal – The municipal government of Cardona has issued an executive order imposing “a localized lockdown  of Rosario Street and other identified households in Barangay Del Remedio, Cardona, Rizal subject to the concurrence of Regional IATF IV-A.” EO 19 issued by Mayor Teodulo C. Campo provides that entry and exit to Rosario Street and other identified households “will be prohibited for the duration of the lockdown, except for the gravest reasons as may be determined by the local chief executive.” The lockdown will start at 1 a.m. of August 3 until 12 midnight of August 16.  Although the lockdown is for the duration of 14 days, it can be shortened “should data indicate that it is safe to do so.” The local government sanitation personnel have conducted decontamination procedures in Barangay Del Remedio and the villages of San Roque, Dalig, Looc, Iglesia, Calahan and Patunhay. As of August 1, there are 35 active confirmed cases in the municipality, with 13 cases coming from Barangay Del Remedio alone. There are 58 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the town including 21 cases from Barangay Del Remedio. Twenty-two persons have so far recovered, including seven persons from Barangay Del Remedio. Ten of the 18 villages in this lakeshore town, including six villages in Talim Island and four villages in the mainland, remain COVID-19 free as of August 1. Fishing and farming are among the primary sources of livelihood of residents here......»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsAug 2nd, 2020

Consolacion logs 24 recoveries; town’s active cases down to 87

CEBU CITY, Philippines — The Municipality of Consolacion recorded this Monday, June 29, 2020, 24 patients that have recovered from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). This is the town’s highest number of recoveries in a day since the start of the pandemic. In its daily update, the municipal government of Consolacion reported that the bulk […] The post Consolacion logs 24 recoveries; town’s active cases down to 87 appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 29th, 2020

Dialysis patient is Medellin’s first COVID-19 case

CEBU CITY, Philippines —  A dialysis patient from Barangay Kawit, Medellin has become the recent addition to the number of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in the province and the first case in the second northernmost town in Cebu island. The patient is a 59-year-old woman who last visited her home in Sitio EE, Barangay Kawit […] The post Dialysis patient is Medellin’s first COVID-19 case appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 7th, 2020

Cebu logs 36 new COVID cases, 1 ‘official’ death — DOH

CEBU CITY, Philippines — The Department of Health in Central Visayas has reported 36 new cases of the coronavirus infection with one new death in Cebu this Wednesday, April 29, 2020. The DOH-7 said the mortality is a 44-year-old man from Cebu province but did not indicate the specific town where the patient came from. […] The post Cebu logs 36 new COVID cases, 1 ‘official’ death — DOH appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 30th, 2020

Marikina logs 25 new COVID-19 cases

The Marikina government is alarmed by the surge in the number of COVID-19 cases, especially since neighboring cities have allowed cinemas to reopen, Mayor Marcelino Teodoro said yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated News13 hr. 0 min. ago

Philippines logs 2,067 new COVID-19 cases

Manila [Philippines], March 2 (ANI/Xinhua): The Philippines' Department of Health (DOH) reported 2,067 new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the Southeast Asia.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsMar 2nd, 2021

DOH records 2,113 new COVID-19 cases in the Philippines

It has been 348 days since the first enhanced community quarantine status was raised in some parts of Luzon. The Philippines is still under the world's longest quarantine. .....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsFeb 28th, 2021

Philippines logs 2,651 new COVID-19 cases

Manila [Philippines], February 26 (ANI/Xinhua): The Department of Health (DOH) of the Philippines reported on Friday 2,651 new COVID-19 cases, the highest daily increase since October 17 last year, br.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsFeb 27th, 2021