Advertisements


Mandaue City welcomes Gwen’s plan to review sale of CICC

MANDAUE CITY, Philippines – The Mandaue City Government welcomed the plan of Cebu Governor Gwendolyn Garcia to review the legality of the sale of the Cebu International Convention Center (CICC) to the city. Lawyer John Eddu Ibañez, executive secretary of Mayor Jonas Cortes said that the city has yet to obtain a copy of the […] The post Mandaue City welcomes Gwen’s plan to review sale of CICC appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource: inquirer inquirerJan 7th, 2021

Gwen welcomes Lapu-Lapu’s plan to reopen international flights

CEBU CITY, Philippines – Cebu Governor Gwendolyn Garcia welcomed the plans of the Lapu-Lapu City Government to reopen Mactan airport for international flights ferrying foreign tourists. “I will join Mayor Ahong (Chan) in that aspect as long as we will be able to lay down proper guidelines to govern the entry of tourists here,” said […] The post Gwen welcomes Lapu-Lapu’s plan to reopen international flights appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 16th, 2020

Gwen to discuss plans to ‘save CICC’ with Cortes

CEBU CITY, Philippines — With the change in leadership in Cebu province and Mandaue City, what lies ahead for the Cebu International Convention Center (CICC)? Governor Gwendolyn Garcia said she was hoping to discuss with Mandaue City Mayor Jonas Cortes on how to ‘salvage’ the situation in CICC. The CICC was built during Garcia’s first […] The post Gwen to discuss plans to ‘save CICC’ with Cortes appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 21st, 2019

DepEd-7 plans review of K to 12 courses to address job ‘mismatch’

MANDAUE CITY, Cebu — Education officials in Central Visayas are planning a review of courses offered under the K to 12 program to especially address concerns on job “mismatch.” They are also working with Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) in the identification of senior high schools that offer technical and vocational livelihood (TVL) […] The post DepEd-7 plans review of K to 12 courses to address job ‘mismatch’ appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMar 29th, 2021

Mandaue City is first Region 7 LGU to receive Notice of Compliance

MANDAUE CITY, Philippines — Mandaue City became the first local government unit in Region 7 to be awarded the Notice of Compliance for its Local Public Transport Route Plan (LPTRP). Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board Region 7 (LTFRB-7) Director Colonel Eduardo Montealto, Jr., personally handed over the Notice of Compliance to Mayor Jonas Cortes […] The post Mandaue City is first Region 7 LGU to receive Notice of Compliance appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMar 12th, 2021

Mandaue lays down COVID-19 vaccination plan

MANDAUE CITY, Philippines – Mandaue City Mayor Jonas Cortes met with the city’s barangay officials on Tuesday, February 16, 2021, to tackle the city’s Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccination plan. In line with the preparation of the COVID-19 vaccination plan in Mandaue City, barangay officials were summoned by Mayor Cortes to inform them of their […] The post Mandaue lays down COVID-19 vaccination plan appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsFeb 16th, 2021

Mandaue City ready with own vaccination plan

MANDAUE CITY, Philippines – The Mandaue City COVID-19 Vaccine Board is now drafting a vaccination program against the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Subangdaku Barangay Captain Ernie Manatad, the city’s vaccine czar said that since last week they have already discussed drafting the local plan for pre-vaccination, preparing the vaccination registration, the creation and deployment of […] The post Mandaue City ready with own vaccination plan appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 28th, 2021

Criminal cases vs. Gwen, Capitol officials over CICC dismissed

CEBU CITY, Philippines – The state’s anti-graft investigating body has dismissed the criminal cases lodged against Cebu Governor Gwendolyn Garcia and 11 others over the controversial Cebu International Convention Center (CICC). The Office of the Ombudsman, in a 12-page ruling dated December 14, 2020, stated that the decision of the Cebu Provincial Government then to […] The post Criminal cases vs. Gwen, Capitol officials over CICC dismissed appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 5th, 2021

In Photos: Gwen reopens tourism activities in Malapascua Island

MANDAUE CITY, Cebu – Governor Gwendolyn Garcia led the reopening of tourism activities in Malapascua Island that is part of Daanbantayan town in northern Cebu on Sunday, November 22. She also inaugurated the new covered court in Barangay Logon, the new Philippine National Police (PNP) outpost on the island, and its multi-purpose hall during her […] The post In Photos: Gwen reopens tourism activities in Malapascua Island appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 23rd, 2020

Cebu City establishments urged to plan properly when holding sale

CEBU CITY, Philippines – Establishments here are advised to plan properly when conducting promotional events such as a sale.  Officials from the city government and Cebu City Police made this statement after a shoe store along Sanson Road in Barangay Lahug was ordered to close indefinitely after its failure to control crowd gathering outside its […] The post Cebu City establishments urged to plan properly when holding sale appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 11th, 2020

Lawmakers relieved over decision to postpone classes; chides DepEd on unpreparedness

Lawmakers heaved a sigh of relief over the decision of government to postpone the resumption of classes from August 24 to October 5, saying that this exposed the Department of Education’s unpreparedness in pushing for the original schedule for opening schools. House of Representatives (ALVIN KASIBAN / MANILA BULLETIN / FILE PHOTO) This developed as Quezon City Rep. Precious Hipolito Castelo called on government to remove taxes imposed on computers, mobile phones and other gadgets that would be used by students and teachers in virtual and blended learning. “Removing taxes will considerably reduce the cost of these devices and gadgets, and make them affordable to poor learners and teachers,” she said. ACT Teachers Partylist Rep. France Castro said as a result of the postponement, the DepEd must now take advantage of the additional time to implement health and safety guidelines for teachers, non-teaching personnel, students and their families. On the other hand, Kabataan Partylist Rep. Sarah Jane Elago chided DepEd for refusing to accept suggestions about its original plan for class resumption, saying that the decision to move it to October 5 indicated an admission on the part of the department that it was not prepared to open on August 24. “Maaga pa lang  dapat ay naging bukas na ang DepEd sa rekomendasyon nito keysa itinanggi pa ang mga hinaharap na suliranin ng mga guro at kawani sa paghahanda para sa blended distance learning (DepEd should have been open to suggestions early instead of refusing to admit the problems facing teachers and staff in preparing for blended distance learning),” said Elago.    Castro urged DepEd to provide adequate funds for the procurement of personal protective equipment and finance the transportation expenses of teachers and non-teaching personnel as part of the preparations for the October 5 opening. “The Department of Education must use this time to comprehensively study and implement concrete plans for the safe and quality reopening of schools that will be accessible to every child,” said the teachers representative. Meanwhile, Castelo said the problem in virtual learning that is facing teachers and students may be addressed if government steps in to reduce the cost of much-needed computer and communications gadget. Earlier, Cavite Rep. Abraham “Bambol” Tolentino urged the Department of Trade and Industry and the Department of Information and Communications Technology to take action against the overpricing of gadgets. Tolentino, chairman of the House Committee on Accounts,  noted that as a result of the high demand for computers and communications gadgets, unscrupulous traders have made the prices of units for sale very restrictive to ordinary students and parents......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsAug 15th, 2020

Gwen to withdraw EO on backriding

CEBU CITY, Philippines – Cebu Governor Gwendolyn Garcia will be withdrawing the executive order (EO) she has drafted that will allow backriding on private motorcycles. This developed after President Rodrigo Duterte on Friday, June 5, 2020, rejected plans to allow motorcycle backriding. READ: Duterte rejects Cebu’s plan to allow motorcycle backriding “Una sa tanan, tungod kay […] The post Gwen to withdraw EO on backriding appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 5th, 2020

Despite warning, Gwen to go on with plan to allow backriding in motorcycles

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Cebu Governor Gwendolyn Garcia on Thursday, June 4, stood by with her decision to allow backriding on privately-owned motorcycles in the province. This despite a warning from the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) that doing so can hold her ‘criminally and administratively’ liable for not following orders from the […] The post Despite warning, Gwen to go on with plan to allow backriding in motorcycles appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 4th, 2020

Boy, 5, one of Mandue City’s 6 new COVID cases

MANDAUE CITY, Cebu – A five-year-old boy who lives with his family inside the compound of the Cebu International Convention Center (CICC) in Barangay Guizo was one of Mandaue City’s six newest COVID-19 patients. The City Public Information Office (PIO) said that seven members of the boy’s family were already transferred to the Barangay Isolation […] The post Boy, 5, one of Mandue City’s 6 new COVID cases appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 26th, 2020

Gwen welcomes May 15 extension of ECQ

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Cebu Governor Gwendolyn Garcia welcomed the decision of Malacañang to extend the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) in Cebu to May 15. At a press conference aired online Friday, April 24, Garcia said the move from the national government would enable stakeholders here to have ample time to prepare for a possible modified […] The post Gwen welcomes May 15 extension of ECQ appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 24th, 2020

‘Sakrispisyo ug motuman lang ta nga magpuyo sa bay’

  Wa mapan-os ug wa gyud ko masipyat sa akong  baruganan  nga kinahanglang maglockdown na ta dinhi sa tibuuk Sugbo batok sa coronavirus disease 2019 o COVID-19. Bisan nalangay ang deklarasyon nila ni Governor Gwen Garcia, Cebu City Mayor Edgardo Labella, Lapu-Lapu City Mayor Junard “Ahong” Chan ug Mandaue City Mayor Jonas Cortes apan nakasabot  ko […] The post ‘Sakrispisyo ug motuman lang ta nga magpuyo sa bay’ appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMar 28th, 2020

Joy Belmonte creates task force on tricycle routes

Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte has created a task force that would review the city’s tricycle route plan in response to a government order to ban these vehicles from national highways......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMar 7th, 2020

LGUs urged to implement own energy efficiency, conservation plan

MANDAUE CITY, Philippines — Local government units (LGUs) would have to reduce their energy consumption to comply with the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Act. The Republic Act 11285 requires LGUs to implement their own local energy efficiency and conservation plan (LEECP) in two year’s time. Patrick Aquino, Department of Energy director for Energy Utilization Management […] The post LGUs urged to implement own energy efficiency, conservation plan appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsFeb 27th, 2020

Task force eyes new route plan to get tricycles off national roads

CEBU, Philippines — A tricycle task force has been formed in Mandaue City to develop a new route that will get tricycles off the national roads. In his Executive Order No. 60, Mayor Jonas Cortes created the Mandaue City Tricycle Task Force with him as the chairman and Police Colonel Jonathan Abella, Mandaue City police […] The post Task force eyes new route plan to get tricycles off national roads appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsFeb 24th, 2020

Fire fighters urge property owners: Give space for access roads

MANDAUE CITY, Philippines — The Mandaue City Fire Station has asked lot owners in the city to consider the space for access road as they plan out developments in their properties. MCFS Chief Investigator, Senior Fire Officer 2 Edgar Vergara said clogged or non-existent access roads remain their greatest obstacles when responding to fire emergencies. […] The post Fire fighters urge property owners: Give space for access roads appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsFeb 18th, 2020

Mandaue mayor bares city’s development plans

MANDAUE CITY, Philippines–Mayor Jonas Cortes unveils development plans for the city with the completion of the comprehensive land-use plan (CLUP). Mandaue City’s CLUP was nearing approval by the Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board, according to Cortes when he spoke at the investment forum held Tuesday afternoon, Feb. 11, 2020, and organized by the Mandaue […] The post Mandaue mayor bares city’s development plans appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsFeb 11th, 2020