Advertisements


January 2021 resumption of face-to-face classes too early –Cortes

MANDAUE CITY, Philippines – The Mandaue City government believes January next year is too early to resume face-to-face classes. Mayor Jonas Cortes said that January is too early and is not safe for children especially with the anticipated surge of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases after the Holiday season. “It’s too early para nako, ang […] The post January 2021 resumption of face-to-face classes too early –Cortes appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource: inquirer inquirerDec 16th, 2020

Half of NCR schools as quarantine hubs

Resumption of face-to-face classes is set in January 2021, if and when a vaccine and/or medicinal drug is expected to be produced. The post Half of NCR schools as quarantine hubs appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsAug 12th, 2020

Economic Recovery Delays Anew Due to New COVID-19 Strain

Despite experts seeing 2021 as the “year of economic comeback” not only in the Philippines but the entire globe, economic recovery is once again expected to be delayed due to COVID’s new variant. On Saturday, President Rodrigo Duterte announced that face-to-face classes that are supposed to start again this January, have been postponed again due […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 30th, 2020

Duterte takes back approval on face-to-face pilot classes

President Rodrigo Duterte on Saturday revoked his order to carry out the pilot implementation of face-to-face classes in January 2021 following the discovery of a new, more virulent strain of COVID-19 in the United Kingdom......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsDec 26th, 2020

Duterte suspends pilot face-to-face classes in 2021 due to new COVID-19 variant

Amid mounting concerns over a new strain of coronavirus which experts fear to be more contagious than the original, President Rodrigo Duterte will no longer allow the Department of Education to pilot face-to-face classes come January next year. .....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 26th, 2020

UNICEF backs face-to-face learning in low-risk areas

The United Nations Children’s Fund and Vice President Leni Robredo welcomed with precautionary reminders the government’s decision to resume limited face-to-face classes in low-risk areas in the country starting January 2021......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 21st, 2020

18 cities, 1 province opt-out from in-person classes

Metro Manila, Davao City, and Cotabato have begged off from the pilot runs of face-to-face classes in January 2021, the Department of Education said Wednesday......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsDec 16th, 2020

Face-to-face classes to resume January 2021, Duterte clarifies

MANILA, Philippines — Face-to-face classes will be allowed in January 2021 and not earlier, President Rodrigo Duterte clarified Monday. Last week, the President approved the proposal of the education sector to conduct limited face-to-face classes in areas that are low-risk of the coronavirus transmission. “I cannot and I will not put at risk the lives of our […] The post Face-to-face classes to resume January 2021, Duterte clarifies appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 27th, 2020

Rody thumbs down face-to-face classes

President Rodrigo Duterte said he would still not allow the resumption of face-to-face classes even with the arrival of COVID-19 vaccines in the country......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsFeb 28th, 2021

‘Delay in face-to-face classes worsens learning crisis’

Further delay in the resumption of face-to-face classes would worsen the situation of the country’s education system and the economy, according to advocacy group Philippine Business for Education......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsFeb 23rd, 2021

Makabayan bloc: Prioritize students and teachers for Covid-19 vaccines

House members from the Makabayan bloc urged fellow lawmakers to prioritize the vaccination of students and teachers against Covid-19 to ensure prompt and safe resumption of face-to-face classes. Reps. Sarah Elago (Kabataan); France Casto (ACT Teachers); Arlene Brosas (Gabriela); Carlos Zarate, Ferdinand Gaite and Eufemia Cullamat (Bayan Muna) filed House Resolution no. 1574 on Wednesday, […] The post Makabayan bloc: Prioritize students and teachers for Covid-19 vaccines appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsFeb 12th, 2021

What’s Up, 2021?

The year just ended was tough, and that’s putting it mildly. From January, when the Taal Volcano erupted, we started staying indoors and wearing face masks to protect us from the ash fall. Then, less than two months later, the ides of March forced us to stay home and to wear our mask whenever we […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsFeb 2nd, 2021

CHED to inspect schools for limited face-to-face classes

Schools with medicine and allied health science programs are set to be inspected for the readiness of their facilities to hold limited face-to-face classes in the middle of the ongoing semester of academic year 2020-2021......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsFeb 1st, 2021

182 quarantine violators apprehended in Lapu-Lapu

LAPU-LAPU CITY, Cebu—The Lapu-Lapu City Government said it apprehended 182 quarantine violators on Tuesday, January 27, 2021. Those caught were individuals who were not wearing face masks and didn’t have quarantine passes. Lapu-Lapu City Mayor Junard “Ahong” Chan said in his public address on his Facebook page on Tuesday night that he will waive the […] The post 182 quarantine violators apprehended in Lapu-Lapu appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 27th, 2021

Market Operations Division nabs individuals not wearing face masks inside markets

CEBU CITY, Philippines — The Cebu City Market Operations Division apprehended over 30 individuals who were caught not wearing face masks while inside different markets here from January 25 to 26, 2021. Market Operations Head Irvin Cabales told reporters in a phone conference that they apprehended the violators from various areas in the Carbon and […] The post Market Operations Division nabs individuals not wearing face masks inside markets appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 26th, 2021

Acer Opens its First Flagship Store in the Philippines

The first Acer flagship store in the Philippines has finally opened its doors to consumers on January 15. It is the largest in the country to date and is located at the SM Megamall Cyberzone. This new tech haven will house the best products from Acer and Predator brands, intricately displayed for an elevated shopping experience. It is interactive and much more customer-friendly.  A sure eye-catcher for gamers and tech enthusiasts alike, the store is divided into two sections, dedicated for Acer and Predator products. Acer sticks to its minimalistic personality and is designed with light earthy tones with a long table and shelves where the products are displayed. On the other hand, the Predator comes in a striking sleek black interior all throughout.  In observance of the existing health protocols in the country, Acer requires each customer to wear a face mask and face shield, undergo a temperature check upon entrance, and fill up a health declaration form. Appropriate social distancing will be strictly followed as well. “We are very excited for gamers and tech enthusiasts to come and experience what the Acer flagship store has in store for them. It’s our first opening this 2021, and definitely not the last. We are optimistic that it will allow consumers to get to know our products better and eventually find the perfect device fit for their needs,” said Acer Philippines Managing Director Manuel Wong. The event was a success, attended by executives from the ICT giant and its esteemed partners. Following the grand launch, Acer will throw in premium items to the first 10 customers who will purchase an Acer or Predator laptop. But it doesn’t stop there! Watch out for huge discounts and freebies across both brands from January 15 to 24, 2021! Visit Acer’s Official Social Media Pages for more details: Facebook – @AcerPH, Instagram – @acerph, Twitter – @acerphils, www.acer.com......»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsJan 17th, 2021

Gullas admits to being a ‘close contact’ of COVID-positive individual

MANDAUE CITY, Cebu – Talisay City Mayor Gerald Anthony Gullas is asking asking his constituents to remain vigilant and to always wear their face masks. In a Facebook post this Monday morning, January 11, 2021, Gullas said that the use of a face mask saved him from the infection. He admitted that he became a […] The post Gullas admits to being a ‘close contact’ of COVID-positive individual appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 11th, 2021

Medellin town ends COVID-free status, logs 2 new cases on Jan. 10

MANDAUE CITY, Cebu – After 40 days of enjoying a COVID-free status, Medellin town in northern Cebu logged two new infections on Sunday, January 10, 2021. Its Rural Health Unit (RHU) reported that the town’s new cases both come from Barangay Antipolo. “Gipahinumduman ang tanan sa padayon ug ensakto nga pagsul-ob sa face mask, kanunay […] The post Medellin town ends COVID-free status, logs 2 new cases on Jan. 10 appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 11th, 2021

CCTO clamps 115 vehicles on Jan. 6 for road obstruction

MANDAUE CITY, Cebu–The Cebu City Transportation Offices (CCTO) clamped over a hundred vehicles during the resumption of their intensified campaign against night illegal parking early Wednesday, January 6, 2021. In an early morning advisory, CCTO said that its operation was in response to complaints on the presence of illegally parked vehicles that obstruct roads in […] The post CCTO clamps 115 vehicles on Jan. 6 for road obstruction appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 6th, 2021

Face masks a must for Sinulog 2021 ritual showdown participants – former SFI chief

MANDAUE CITY, Cebu — Since the Sinulog 2021 ritual showdown is being done in the new normal, participants in the event scheduled on January 17 should wear face masks all throughout their performance. Ricky Ballesteros, former executive director of the Sinulog Foundation Inc. (SFI) and an event organizer, said this during the Sinulog 2021 virtual […] The post Face masks a must for Sinulog 2021 ritual showdown participants – former SFI chief appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 5th, 2021

Pag-atras sa face–to-face class ni Duterte tinukuran ni Bong Go

Tinukuran ni Senador Bong Go ang desisyon ni Pangulong Rodrigo Duterte na huwag munang ituloy ang pagsasagawa ng face-to-face classes sa bansa sa Enero 2021. The post Pag-atras sa face–to-face class ni Duterte tinukuran ni Bong Go first appeared on Abante......»»

Category: newsSource:  abanteRelated NewsDec 27th, 2020