Advertisements


Harry in, Karlo out sa Covid-19 press briefing (Turf war: Roque vs Nograles)

HINDI na magsasalita si Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles para sa Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases. “Yes, nagkaroon na ng pag-utos ang ating Executive Secretary (Salvador Medialdea) that information sharing will now be centralized through the Office of the Presidential Spokesperson,” sabi ni Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque sa ginanap na virtual ........»»

Category: filipinoSource: hatawtabloid hatawtabloidApr 25th, 2020

Roque to Congress: Consult Palace on increasing budget for vaccines

Any congressional move to raise the proposed 2021 budget for the coronavirus vaccine should at least be done in consultation with the Executive branch, according to a Palace official.  Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque (RESIDENTIAL PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN) Presidential spokesman Harry Roque said while they respect Congress’ wisdom to hike the vaccine budget for the next year, the issue on its funding source must also be addressed. “The power of purse is vested in Congress. We will bow to the wisdom of Congress should they deem it fit to increase the budget for the vaccine, and of course, may pagkukuhanan po iyan (there will be a funding source for that),” he said during a Palace press briefing Thursday. “So we hope that Congress will at least confer with the Executive kung saan nila kukunin iyong pondo para itaas ang budget for the vaccine (on where the funds will be obtained to raise the budget for the vaccine),” he added. Nonetheless, Roque affirmed the administration’s resolve to ensure the country has adequate funds for the vaccine procurement once the life-saving drug becomes available.“We join Congress in our desire that we should have sufficient funds to pay for the vaccine, which according po to (Philippine) Ambassador (to China) Chito (Sta. Romana) is really forthcoming in the near future,” he said.The House of Representatives has reportedly introduced several amendments to its approved 2021 national budget, including a higher budget for the purchase of COVID vaccines to P8 billion.  In the original Palace-backed P4.5 trillion national budget proposal, at least P2.5 billion has been allocated for the COVID-19 vaccination program under the Department of Health’s budget. House Majority Leader Martin Romualdez, who leads a small group in charge of amendments to the budget bill, said the additional P5.5 billion to augment the vaccine budget aims to ensure safe and effective vaccine will be available to Filipinos. “This is to support President Rodrigo Duterte’s program to strengthen the country’s health care system. We believe that vaccines play a very crucial role in keeping the population safe and healthy from the pandemic,” the Leyte lawmaker said.  On the part of the Senate, Senator Panfilo Lacson disclosed plans to increase funding for the coronavirus vaccine under the proposed 2021 national budget. Last week, the President said the government has the funds to buy the coronavirus vaccine once it is available but would need more money to vaccinate all Filipinos. Duterte earlier vowed to give priority to the poor, the police and military personnel in the distribution of free vaccines.  He said the country will buy the most affordable vaccine to be sold in the market given the government’s limited resources. .....»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsOct 22nd, 2020

Pro basketball, football clearance raises hope for volleyball

Commercial volleyball league stakeholders have high hopes that their activities will also resume soon following the government’s clearance for professional basketball and football leagues to start training. Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque in a press briefing on Friday announced that the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) on Emerging Infectious Diseases gave the green light for the resumption of training for PBA and the Philippine Football League teams. The Philippine Sports Commission, Games and Amusement Board and the Department of Health drafted the guidelines for the resumption of training. Roque made no mention of volleyball in the announcement. The country’s second most popular sport next to basketball has no professional league. The Premier Volleyball League and the Philippine Superliga are both categorized as amateur or semi-professional along with the collegiate leagues including the UAAP and NCAA. “We’re preparing a request. Ang sinasabi kasi nila ay professional sports muna and sa amateurs parang wala pa eh but we’re working on it,” PVL organizer Sports Vision president Ricky Palou told ABS-CBN Sports. PSL president Dr. Ian Laurel expressed optimism that volleyball will follow suit. “Ang expectation natin ay susunod na tayo,” he said. “It’s a step in the right direction or signal that sports are being discussed in the IATF.” “That’s already a step in the right direction for us. Hindi naman mahalaga kung sino ang unang papayagan eh. Ang importante yung konsepto na yung sports eh kino-consider at napag-uusapan. Pero susunod na yan very optimistic ako,” added Laurel. While PBA and the PFL sought help from GAB, commercial leagues course their IATF request through the PSC.   “Kami ang PSC ang kailangan naming lapitan. Kapag amateur kasi PSC. What will happen is PSC will endorse it to IATF. Bahala na ang IATF kung papayag sila o hindi,” Palou said. In a separate request to the IATF last month, national sports association leaders from athletics, basketball, volleyball, football, rugby, gymnastics and karate crafted a one-month trial program for athletes to resume training under a strict health and safety protocol. The IATF has yet to decide on their requests aside from the clearance they gave to the PBA and the PFL. “We don’t know what they’re thinking on amateur sports eh kasi right now ang pinayagan lang ‘yung football and basketball professional league lang. Eh kami di naman kami pro, we’re amateurs so we’re going to PSC,” Palou said. PSL halted its ongoing Grand Prix last March at the onset of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic while the PVL’s fourth season was supposed to begin last May but was pushed back because of the health crisis. Both leagues hope to resume activities once volleyball gets the go-signal from the IATF.   “We’re hoping [na mapayagan na rin ang volleyball]. They’ve already allowed football and basketball siguro naman there’s no reason why [volleyball should not be allowed to resume] as long we comply with what they want and we comply with their protocols. I don’t see why [volleyball] shouldn’t be allowed,” said Palou.     ---    Follow this writer on Twitter, @fromtheriles    .....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJul 3rd, 2020

IATF clears basketball, football to resume training

PBA teams can now return to practice after the government gave the green light for basketball and football training to resume after months of halt due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The two team sports were cleared to resume activities by the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) on Emerging Infectious Diseases according to Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque. “Pinayagan na po ang practice at yung conditioning ng basketball at football sang-ayon po sa request ng PBA at ng iba pang football associations,” said Roque in a press briefing on Friday. The clearance was given to the professional basketball and football leagues with the Philippine Sports Commisision, the Games and Amusement Board and Department of Health drafting the guidelines for training.    The PBA last month submitted a request to the IATF to allow teams to resume training under strict health and safety protocols during the general community quarantine in Metro Manila.     According to the protocol submitted by the PBA, practices will be strictly for conditioning purposes only. Coaches will be barred from attending while teams will be holding practices by batches of four players, with one trainer and one health officer. Tune-up games and scrimmages are not allowed. The training clearance could pave the way for the return of the PBA’s single-conference season late this year as well as for the Philippine Football League’s resumption. Earlier, national sports association leaders from athletics, basketball, volleyball, football, rugby, gymnastics and karate crafted a one-month trial program for athletes to resume training under a strict health and safety protocols. The IATF’s approval for the resumption of basketball and football training also raises hopes for other sports to return to training activities especially another popular team sport in volleyball......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJul 3rd, 2020

National gov’t steps in to evaluate Cebu City’s COVID response

CEBU CITY, Philippines — The Malacañang has announced on Saturday, June 20, that the national government’s anti-coronavirus task force will be assessing how the city government of Cebu is handling the pandemic here. Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said during the Palace’s press briefing that the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases […] The post National gov’t steps in to evaluate Cebu City’s COVID response appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 20th, 2020

Suporta ni Digong kay Duque di matitibag

NANANATILI I ang tiwala ni Pangulong Duterte kay Health Secretary Francisco Duque III, ayon sa Malacanang. Sa press briefing, sinabi ni Plpresidential spokesperson Harry Roque na kampante ang Pangulo na masasagot ni Duque ang lahat ng alegasyon ukol sa umano’y iregularidad sa pagresponde ng kagawaran sa Covid-19 pandemic. “The President has time and again expressed […] The post Suporta ni Digong kay Duque di matitibag appeared first on Bandera......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 18th, 2020

Palace revamps communication team

The government has implemented a minor revamp in its communication team for better information dissemination on efforts to address the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic. Presidential spokesman Harry Roque has been designated to lead the government’s communication efforts during the public health emergency based on a new Palace memorandum. Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles, on the other […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tempoRelated NewsApr 23rd, 2020

Govt approves P5-B amelioration fund for formal workers

THE government has earmarked P5 billion for the social amelioration program for formal workers affected by the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) pandemic in the country, a Cabinet official announced on Tuesday. In a virtual press briefing, Cabinet Secretary Karlo Alexei Nograles said the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases on […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsApr 7th, 2020

Duterte Cabinet members donate salaries to Covid fight

A majority of the members of President Rodrigo Duterte’s cabinet have volunteered to donate their monthly salary to help the government’s efforts in fighting the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) pandemic, a Palace official said on Saturday. In a virtual press briefing, Cabinet Secretary Karlo Alexei Nograles said that Cabinet members even promised to reduce their […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsApr 4th, 2020

Gov’t limits hotel operations to contain Covid-19 spread

HOTELS are no longer allowed to accept new bookings during the period of the enhanced community quarantine in Luzon to contain the spread of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) in the country, Malacañang has announced. In a press briefing late Tuesday night, Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles said the Inter-agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsMar 18th, 2020

Hotel Ops ‘Limited’ Due to Covid-19 Outbreak

The operations of hotels, resorts, and similar establishments will be “limited” during the duration of the Luzon-wide enhanced community quarantine to prevent exposure to the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19). In a press briefing in Malacañang late Tuesday night, Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles said hotels will no longer be allowed to operate, but there are some […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsMar 18th, 2020

Hotel ops ‘limited’ due to Covid-19 outbreak

The operations of hotels, resorts, and similar establishments will be “limited” during the duration of the Luzon-wide enhanced community quarantine to prevent exposure to the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19). In a press briefing in Malacañang late Tuesday night, Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles said hotels will no longer be allowed to operate, but there are some […] The post Hotel ops ‘limited’ due to Covid-19 outbreak appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsMar 18th, 2020

Palace to Leni: Seek COVID-19 solution and you’ll be president

The Palace on Tuesday dared Vice President Leni Robredo to come up with a solution to the COVID-19 pandemic, saying she might become the country’s top leader if she has one. In a televised briefing, presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said this as he asked Robredo to open her eyes and ears to the administration’s efforts […] The post Palace to Leni: Seek COVID-19 solution and you’ll be president appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsSep 22nd, 2020

Palace: Residents affected by local lockdowns to get aid through Bayanihan 2

"We will provide P5,000 to P8,000 aid to those who will be affected by the granular lockdown declared by the local government," presidential spokesman Harry Roque said at a press briefing on Monday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 14th, 2020

Training okayed for collegiate athletes

According to presidential spokesperson Harry Roque at a press briefing, training will still be subject to guidelines set to be issued by the Commission on Higher Education later on. .....»»

Category: sportsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 7th, 2020

Willie pumalag sa negang report: Ang alam ko sa hijack, may hino-hostage ka, may dala kang armas…

    “PARANG napasama pa ho ako sa iba, parang nagbuhat ako ng bangko ko, parang nagyabang pa ako?”   Yan ang hugot ni Willie Revillame matapos mabasa ang negatibong artikulo tungkol sa paglabas niya sa press briefing ng Malacañang Spokesperson na si Harry Roque nitong nagdaang Biyernes.   Dito nagbitiw ng pangako si Willie […] The post Willie pumalag sa negang report: Ang alam ko sa hijack, may hino-hostage ka, may dala kang armas… appeared first on Bandera......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsAug 11th, 2020

Hiling ng jeepney driver kay Willie: idiretso na sa kanila ang P5-M ayuda para mabilis

HINDI nagustuhan ng isang reporter mula sa isang media outfit ang pag-anunsyo ni Willie Revillame na mamamahagi siya ng P5 million para sa mga drayber ng jeep na nawalan ulit ng pagkakakitaan dahil muling isinailalim sa MECQ ang Metro Manila. Naganap ito sa press briefing na isinagawa ni Peesidential Spokesperson Harry Roque na ginanap sa […] The post Hiling ng jeepney driver kay Willie: idiretso na sa kanila ang P5-M ayuda para mabilis appeared first on Bandera......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsAug 10th, 2020

Malacaaang: Marawi rehab efforts never ceased

MARAWI CITY, July 31 (PIA) -- Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque emphasized in a virtual press briefing on Thursday that the rehabilitation works in Marawi City did not cease despite the ongoing.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsJul 31st, 2020

Coronavirus cases soar past 70,000 after DOH logs 1,951 more patients

At a press briefing on Tuesday, presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said: "If we can afford it, why not? But the reality is we can't afford testing all 110 million Filipinos.".....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 21st, 2020

No ‘Final’ Quarantine Classifications Yet After July 15

The Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) has yet to make “final” recommendations on the fate of the nationwide community quarantine after July 15, Malacañang said on Tuesday. In a virtual press briefing, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said members of the IATF-EID would meet on Wednesday afternoon to discuss the […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsJul 15th, 2020

Basketball, football teams balik-training na

MALAPIT na ang pagbabalik-aksyon sa basketball at football.  Ito ay matapos na payagan ng pamahalaan ang pagsasagawa ng mga training sessions ng mga basketball at football teams. Sa isang televised press briefing ngayong Biyernes, sinabi ni presidential spokesperson Harry Roque na inaprubahan ng Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) ang rekomendasyon ng Philippine […] The post Basketball, football teams balik-training na appeared first on Bandera......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 3rd, 2020