Advertisements


Graft, extortion raps filed vs NBI lawyer, brod

The Department of Justice has filed criminal charges against a National Bureau of Investigation lawyer in connection with the money-making scheme “pastillas” in the Bureau of the Immigration......»»

Category: newsSource: philstar philstarSep 28th, 2020

DFP employees turn the table, file graft raps vs Belgica

Presidential Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC) Commissioner Greco Belgica has been slapped with a complaint for graft and several administrative charges before the Office of the Ombudsman by nine employees of Duty Free Philippines (DFP). Presidential Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC) Commissioner Greco Belgica Alexander Sablan, Ernesto Mangalindan, Romeo Silva Jr., Eric Oracion, Rizalino Santos, Nilo Duarte, Joaquin Vibal, Francis Daco, and Carlito Ardales want Belgica to be held liable for violations of  Section 3(b), (e), (f), and (k) of R.A. 3019 or the Anti-Graft and Corrupt Practices Act, Grave Misconduct, Conduct Prejudicial to the Service, and Gross Inexcusable Negligence. The DFP employees said they were “very frustrated and disappointed” in Belgica for taking on their case of “smuggling” against DFPC Chief Operating Officer (COO) Vicente Pelagio Angala. They said in the complaint that they sought Belgica’s help after listening to his program with DZRH called “Ireklamo Mo Kay Greco.” They then went to his house in San Miguel Avenue near Malacañang and sought help regarding allegations of anomalies and corruption within DFP. He listened to their concerns and introduced his father, Gregor Belgica, and his lawyer sibling, Atty. Jeremia Belgica. The Belgica clan assured the DFP employees that they have their support, and they said they were lucky because they do not have to pay for any legal fees. However, when they filed the plunder complaint before the Ombudsman on March 16, 2017, with the help of the firm of Belgica’s brother – Belgica Aranas ALim Dela Cruz and Association – they had to pay P1,000 per page or a total of P130,000. Things went downhill when Belgica contacted Angala and set up a meeting with them. During the meeting, they were made to sign a “waiver” which they did not get to read and they were also kept in the dark. In the end, Belgica made recommendations to President Duterte against officials of DFP. However, they said the recommendations did not really include the names of those involved, but just mentioned that charges be filed against “public officials.” The money which they used to pay the Ombudsman was also returned. “Ginamit niya ang aming kaso para magkaroon ng koneksyon sa mga malalaking negosyante sa Duty Free upang gamitin niya sa kanyang pansariling interest. (He used our case to connect with big business owners in Duty Free so that he could use it for his own personal gain),” the complaint read. Contacted by the Manila Bulletin for his side, Belgica said he is ready to defend himself and provide answers “anywhere and anytime.” He added that the complaint that he asked for money is a “fabricated story,” and he said that he had been very generous to the DFP employees. The fact that the group has besmirched his reputation, Belgica said he is going to file counter-charges and “pray hard that they all go to jail.” Belgica likewise made some accusations of his own: “This group is being sponsored by the same people who also filed a case against me on the entrapment operations and anti-corruption initiatives that we have been doing. This group has been trying to rally more people to fabricate cases and allegations in order to undermine the anti-corruption initiatives of the administration.”.....»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsOct 22nd, 2020

NBI lawyer, brother charged over ‘pastillas’

Robbery extortion charges were filed Monday against a National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) lawyer and his brother in connection with the controversial pastillas scheme. Cases were formally filed before the Manila regional trial court by the Department of Justice against NBI Legal Assistance Section head lawyer Joshua Capiral and brother, Christopher John Capiral, an employee […] The post NBI lawyer, brother charged over ‘pastillas’ appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 28th, 2020

& lsquo;Pastillas& rsquo; lawyer faces more raps

Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra on Thursday said he will wait for the outcome of the inquest proceedings before filing a disbarment case against National Bureau of Investigation lawyer Joshua Paul Capiral who has been charged with extortion for allegedly receiving bribes from Immigration personnel involved in the so-called “pastillas scam.”.....»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsSep 25th, 2020

NBI files raps vs. 19 Immigration personnel over & lsquo;pastillas& rsquo; scam

The National Bureau of Investigation has filed graft charges against 20 immigration personnel before the Ombudsman over the so-called pastillas scam, or the acceptance of bribes in exchange for allowing foreigners to enter the Philippines illegally......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsSep 2nd, 2020

19 Immigration officers, personnel face graft raps over pastillas bribery scheme

The National Bureau of Investigation filed graft complaints against 19 officers and personnel of the Bureau of Immigration over a money-making scheme to facilitate entry of Chinese nationals into the Philippines, which came to be known as the "pastillas" scheme......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 2nd, 2020

QC ex-mayor Bautista faces graft raps for ‘unauthorized’ disbursement of funds for solar power project

A graft complaint was filed against former Quezon City mayor Herbert Bautista and two others before the Office of the Ombudsman, allegedly over the “unauthorized” disbursement of funds for the solar power system project. Charged along with Bautista were former city administrator Aldrin Cuña and former city engineer Joselito Cabungcal. The Quezon City government, represented […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsMar 4th, 2020

Sandigan drops raps vs Napeñas, Purisima

The Sandiganbayan yesterday dismissed the graft and usurpation charges filed against former Philippine National Police chief Allan Purisima and former Special Action Force director Getulio Napeñas Jr. in connection with the Mamasapano massacre in 2015......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 21st, 2020

Osmeña to file raps against Rama for SRP lot sale

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Former Cebu City mayor Tomas Osmeña is filing charges of graft and corruption against former mayor and now Vice Mayor Michael “Mike” Rama for the sale of the 45-hectare lot belonging to the South Road Properties (SRP). Lawyer Amando Virgil Ligutan, the legal counsel of Osmeña, said the charges will be […] The post Osmeña to file raps against Rama for SRP lot sale appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 7th, 2019

Labor Secretary Bello faces graft raps over ‘excessive’ trips abroad

GRAFT charges were filed against Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello 3rd before the Office of the Ombudsman on Wednesday for his allegedly “excessive” trips abroad. Radio commentator Adolfo Paglinawan said he filed a complaint against Bello for “his abuse of power in making 40 official travel abroad.” He noted that former Cabinet members such as Terry […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsNov 6th, 2019

Raps filed vs Bello

Department of Labor and Employment (DoLE) Secretary Silvestre Bello III is facing eight counts of graft, usurpation and treason complaint along with two others over their alleged excessive foreign travels, among others. A private citizen from Quezon City – who identified himself as Adolfo Paglinawan — filed the charges over the Labor secretary’s alleged 40 […] The post Raps filed vs Bello appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsNov 6th, 2019

Sandigan affirms junking of graft raps vs Locsin brod

The Sandiganbayan upheld the dismissal of graft charges against a brother of Foreign Affairs Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr. in 2011......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 6th, 2019

Bohol Gov Yap suspended for 90 days over graft raps

THE Sandiganbayan’s Third Division has ordered a 90-day preventive suspension of Bohol Governor Arthur Yap pending litigation of cases filed against him in 2017. The Office of the Ombudsman filed charges of graft, malversation through falsification, and malversation before the Sandiganbayan in 2017 against a former lawmaker and other individuals over the alleged misappropriation of […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsOct 26th, 2019

Sandigan junks graft raps vs ex-PCG execs

The Sandiganbayan has granted the motion of the Office of the Ombudsman to withdraw the graft cases it filed in 2017 against former Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) commandant Vice Admiral Rodolfo Isorena and 24 other former and incumbent officials of the agency in connection with the alleged anomalous procurement of materials worth P68 million......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 21st, 2019

Sandigan OKs withdrawal of ex-NIA exec’s graft raps

The Sandiganbayan has granted a motion to withdraw a graft case filed against a former official of the National Irrigation Authority (NIA) in connection with the allegedly anomalous purchase of fertilizer and pesticide in 2009......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 8th, 2019

‘Bikoy,’ CIDG official face perjury raps; asked to pay P15M in damages

MANILA, Philippines — Peter Joemel Advincula, the man who claimed to be the hooded figure “Bikoy” in the Ang Totoong Narcolist video series, and a police official are facing charges for perjury and providing false testimony as evidence in the sedition case filed against opposition figures. The joint complaint was lodged by human rights lawyer […] The post ‘Bikoy,’ CIDG official face perjury raps; asked to pay P15M in damages appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 7th, 2019

Sandigan junks Mamasapano raps vs Benigno Aquino III

The Sandiganbayan has granted the motion of the Office of the Ombudsman to withdraw the graft and usurpation charges filed against former president Benigno Aquino III in connection with the 2015 Mamasapano massacre......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 22nd, 2019

Cebu City Legal Office to Osmeña: ‘No, you can’t restore the Mayor’s Office’

CEBU CITY, Philippines―The City Legal Office said that they will not allow former mayor Tomas Osmeña to continue with the “restoration” of the Mayor’s Office. Lawyer Rey Gealon, the city legal officer, said that Osmeña’s request is an “after thought” after the cases of theft and graft and corruption were filed against him before at […] The post Cebu City Legal Office to Osmeña: ‘No, you can’t restore the Mayor’s Office’ appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 23rd, 2019

Ombudsman junks ex-Maguindanao governor bid to dismiss raps

The Office of the Ombudsman has dismissed the motion of former Maguindanao governor Sajid Islam Ampatuan to dismiss the graft and malversation charges filed against him over alleged fictitious purchase of food supplies in 2009......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 5th, 2019

7 gov’t procurement execs face plunder raps

MANILA, Philippines - A non-government organization claiming affiliation with the United Nations yesterday filed plunder and graft charges against seven offi.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 20th, 2017

Plunder raps vs Noy, allies filed, assailed

MANILA, Philippines – Former president Benigno Aquino III and six others are facing plunder and graft charges before the Office of the Ombudsman filed by two.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 6th, 2017