Advertisements


E-payments account for 77% of BIR’s H1 collections

Most taxpayers settled their tax obligations online in the first six and a half months of the year due to the movement restrictions to limit the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19 pandemic, according to the Department of Finance......»»

Category: financeSource: philstar philstarJun 30th, 2020

EDC: Budget deficit to expand beyond target on Covid-19 impact

THE country’s budget deficit could balloon to 3.6 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) this year on account of the impact of the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) on the state’s revenues and spending performance, economic managers said on Tuesday. “Assuming that Covid-19-induced disruptions last until after the middle of the year, total revenue collections of […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsMar 10th, 2020

Cig makers paid P148B in 2019

EXCISE tax payments of cigarette manufacturers rose last year, accounting for more than half of the government’s total sin tax collections, data from the Department of Finance (DoF) showed. The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) collected P147.5 billion in ‘sin’ taxes from cigarette products in 2019, up 8 percent from the P136.5 billion collected a […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsFeb 26th, 2020

SSS Launches Contribution Payments Through the SSS Mobile App with PayMaya

State-run Social Security System (SSS) has tapped digital financial services leader PayMaya to allow members to conveniently pay their contributions through the SSS mobile app. With this partnership, individual members of the pension fund such as Self-employed, Voluntary, and Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) can now pay their contributions using their PayMaya account or any Visa, […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsDec 20th, 2019

Wider BoP surplus projected this year

THE Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) expects the country’s balance of payments (BoP) surplus to widen this year after taking the latest local and foreign developments into account. In a briefing on Friday, officials announced that the surplus could expand to $4.8 billion this year from 2018’s $2.306-billion deficit. The latest forecast is higher than […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsDec 14th, 2019

BSP sees higher dollar outflow next year

The Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas expects more dollars to flow out of the country, translating to a wider current account deficit and smaller balance of payments surplus next year......»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 14th, 2019

Current account gap narrows in April to June

THE current account — a major component of the country’s balance of payments (BOP) — posted a $145-million deficit in the second quarter of 2019, a 95.6-percent decrease from $3.28…READ.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsSep 14th, 2019

Pag-IBIG Fund retains lowest home loan rates

Pag-IBIG Fund has retained the record low interest rates under its home loan program as it posted double-digit growth in loan payments and members’ savings collections, allowing the agency to address the growing demand for its home loans......»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 20th, 2019

External payments manageable — BSP

The Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) said the country’s external payments position would remain manageable despite the wider current account (CA) deficit expected this year......»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 14th, 2019

$3.7-B BoP surplus forecast this year

THE Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) sees a positive balance of payments (BoP) this year as sustained investment inflows are likely to offset the expected current-account deficit. In a briefing…READ The post $3.7-B BoP surplus forecast this year appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsJun 15th, 2019

Mega sa mga DDS: Nirespeto n’yo ba ako at anak ko? Noon pa binabastos n’yo na ang asawa ko! 

  PASABOG ang inilabas na mensahe ni Megastar Sharon Cuneta sa kanyang Instagram account patungkol sa pamilya Duterte at sa mga DDS (die hard Duterte supporters). Naglabas si Mega ng kanyang saloobin kamakailan sa kanyang Instagram Live video patungkol sa relasyon niya kay Pangulong Rodrigo Duterte at sa anak nitong si Davao City Mayor Sara […] The post Mega sa mga DDS: Nirespeto n’yo ba ako at anak ko? Noon pa binabastos n’yo na ang asawa ko!  appeared first on Bandera......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated News6 hr. 55 min. ago

BOP registered surplus of $2.4b in May

The country’s balance of payments posted a surplus of $2.43 billion in May, about 2.6 times higher than the $9280 million surplus recorded a year ago, the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas said Wednesday......»»

Category: financeSource:  thestandardRelated News15 hr. 55 min. ago

May BoP surplus soars to $2.43B

THE country’s balance of payments (BoP) position surged to a 16-month-high surplus of $2.43 billion in May, supporting the year-to-date tally, the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) data showed on Wednesday. According to the data, the amount was higher than the $1.66 billion and $928 million surpluses in April and in May 2019. In a […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsJul 1st, 2020

SEC Issues Advisory on Forsage

The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) issued an advisory on June 30, 2020, on Forsage, a ‘cryptocurrency’ platform making rounds on social media touting to provide “a long-term active and passive income to investors.” Forsage Forsage also presents itself as creating “The world’s first 100% decentralized” smart contract technology, which “facilitates peer-to-peer commission payments between […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsJul 1st, 2020

Treasury: Gov& rsquo;t debt jumps by P290b to P8.89t in May

The government’s outstanding debt jumped P290.44 billion, or 3.4 percent, in May to P8.89 trillion from P8.6 trillion in April as the government issued more securities and borrowed debt from international agencies to fund its COVID-19 response amid a sharp drop in revenue collections......»»

Category: financeSource:  thestandardRelated NewsJul 1st, 2020

Maine nagpadulas sa studio ng Eat Bulaga; nalaglag, nagkapasa sa hita

NADULAS at nagkapasa si Maine Mendoza nang maaksidente sa studio ng “Eat Bulaga” kamakalawa ng hapon. Nahulog ang TV host-actress sa inuupuang stool sa metal railing ng set habang on-going ang Bawal Judgmental segment ng “Eat Bulaga.” Mismong si Maine ang nag-post ng video nito sa kanyang social media account kalakip ang litrato ng nakuha […] The post Maine nagpadulas sa studio ng Eat Bulaga; nalaglag, nagkapasa sa hita appeared first on Bandera......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 1st, 2020

Confirmed: Ryza Cenon 5 buwang buntis…sino kaya ang tatay?

LIMANG buwan nang buntis ang Kapamilya actress na si Ryza Cenon. Ito ang good news na kanyang ibinandera sa social media kalakip ang mga litrato kung saan proud niyang ipinakita ang kanyang baby bump. Sa kanyang Instagram account, sinabi ni Ryza na magiging mommy na rin siya at kino-consider niyang isang napakalaking blessing ito sa […] The post Confirmed: Ryza Cenon 5 buwang buntis…sino kaya ang tatay? appeared first on Bandera......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 1st, 2020

Judges question warrants in Kraft massage parlor sex case

By TERRY SPENCER Associated Press FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Florida appellate judges on Tuesday questioned the legality of search warrants that let police secretly video record New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft and others paying for massage parlor sex, pressing a prosecutor on his contention that the warrants were legally valid. Deputy Solicitor General Jeffrey DeSousa found himself repeatedly queried by the three-judge panel as he tried to persuade them that the warrants and searches met all constitutional protections and that they should overturn lower court rulings that barred the recordings' use at trial. Misdemeanor charges against Kraft, 79, and other customers would have to be dropped if those rulings stand, although felony charges against the spa owners might proceed as there is other evidence against them. Kraft and others were charged in February 2019 in a multi-county investigation of massage parlors that included the secret installation of video cameras in the spas' lobbies and rooms. Police say the recordings show Kraft and other men engaging in sex acts with women and paying them. Police say they twice recorded Kraft, a widower, paying for sex at the Orchids of Asia massage parlor. Kraft has pleaded not guilty but issued a public apology. Judge Robert Gross, who presided at the Florida Fourth District Court of Appeal hearing, seemed taken aback by DeSousa's contention that he and his colleagues should primarily consider the plain language of the Fourth Amendment. It says judges can issue warrants if police demonstrate probable cause of a crime, that warrants must specify the place to be searched and what can be seized. Gross told DeSousa he seemed to be ignoring numerous rulings by the U.S. Supreme Court expanding Fourth Amendment protections since the 1960s, including some that restrict electronic surveillance by police. “You are getting us off on the wrong foot by focusing on the language of the Fourth Amendment when we should be focusing on the Supreme Court jurisprudence....that is heavily weighted against you,” Gross told DeSousa. The 90-minute hearing included arguments on whether cameras were necessary; on whether the police violated the privacy of customers who simply received massages; and on the proper sanction if the defendants' rights were violated. The attorneys for Kraft and the other defendants argued that police failed to minimize the privacy violations they committed by recording innocent customers, including women, who received legal massages. “These cameras, that were put into private massage rooms where patrons would be undressing as a matter of course, they recorded everything," Kraft attorney Derek Shaffer said. He said Kraft “had the same reasonable expectation of privacy that any massage patron going to a licensed facility would be entitled.” Attorneys also argued the cameras weren't necessary as police already had enough evidence to charge the spa owners, including bank records, website advertising, outside video surveillance and napkins containing bodily fluids retrieved from garbage bins. The only proper punishment for prosecutors and police, they argued, is to throw out all recordings. DeSousa argued that police and prosecutors need the recording to convict the owners of felonies. The owners must be shown receiving payments from the prostitutes and the only way to get that is to install cameras, he said. He said detectives had to fully record all massages, because the sex acts happened at their conclusion and 95% of male customers received one. While no female customers paid for sex, they were few in number and to not record them could be seen as discriminating against men, he said. DeSousa said even if the court finds police violated innocent customers' privacy rights, the Supreme Court has ruled that in most circumstances, only improperly seized evidence should be thrown out. Since Kraft, the other men and the masseuses were engaged in crimes, their recordings should be permitted, he said. “Given the unique and difficult circumstances confronting these officers, the conspiracy, the logistics of the operation, what they reasonably anticipated they would see and the difficulty of knowing at the start of any given massage will this end with a happy ending or will it not, we think what law enforcement did here was entirely reasonable,” DeSousa said. The court usually takes weeks to issue rulings. The losing side will likely appeal to the state Supreme Court, which could accept the case or let the decision stand. If convicted, Kraft would likely receive a fine, community service and other sanctions, but he could also be suspended or otherwise punished by the National Football League......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJul 1st, 2020

Globe Business and Zscaler team up to strengthen PH cybersecurity

In this day and age, cybersecurity has become a necessity more than a competitive advantage. The introduction of remote work, constant use of collaboration tools, digitization of personal records, mainstreaming of digital payments, and the daily exchange of company and customer data over the internet are only some of the factors that should make cybersecurity a priority for organizations across the Philippines......»»

Category: techSource:  thestandardRelated NewsJun 30th, 2020

Group condemns another Chinese ‘hit-and-run’ incident on PHL waters

“We do not want a repeat of the injustice against our fisher folk. The owner and captain of the the Chinese ship must be held into account for ramming them and for their violation of the rights of our Filipino fisher folk in our own seas.” By RAYMUND B. VILLANUEVA Kodao Productions A fishers’ group… The post Group condemns another Chinese ‘hit-and-run’ incident on PHL waters appeared first on Bulatlat......»»

Category: newsSource:  bulatlatRelated NewsJun 30th, 2020

InstaPay, PesoNet transactions hit P310 billion

Digital payments through the automated clearing houses established by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas reached P310 billion from March to May or during the height of the community quarantine to limit the spread of the coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19......»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 29th, 2020