Advertisements


Duterte orders Congress: Put an end to & lsquo;endo& rsquo; labor scheme

An “end to endo” is in the offing......»»

Category: newsSource: thestandard thestandardJul 27th, 2021

& lsquo;End to endo& rsquo; bill least priority& mdash;Paras

Ending labor contractualization or “endo” is “somewhat” no longer a legislative priority for President Rodrigo Duterte in his last year in office, one of his advisers said Thursday......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsJul 9th, 2021

& lsquo;I& rsquo;ll block ABS-CBN franchise& rsquo;

President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday night said he would not allow the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) to give ABS-CBN a license to operate even if the media giant is given a new broadcast franchise by Congress......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsFeb 9th, 2021

Du30 orders gov& rsquo;t & lsquo;cleansing& rsquo;

President Rodrigo Duterte has ordered the Department of Justice (DOJ) to investigate anomalies in the entire government bureaucracy and prosecute erring public servants......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsOct 27th, 2020

Rody& rsquo;s pastillas hard to swallow

President Rodrigo Duterte has prepared his own brand of ‘pastillas,’ which would be difficult to swallow for those involved in the massive corruption at the Bureau of Immigration (BI) under the ‘pastillas scheme,’ Senator Christopher “Bong” Go said Wednesday......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsOct 22nd, 2020

& lsquo;P5B extra funds for OFWs& rsquo;

President Rodrigo Duterte has approved the release of P5 billion more to repatriate and help overseas Filipino workers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III said Sunday......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsAug 9th, 2020

Lapid files & lsquo;refund for cancelled orders& rsquo; bill

To protect delivery riders and drivers, Senator Manuel “Lito” Lapid has filed a bill which seeks to establish a mandatory reimbursement scheme for cancellation of orders......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsJul 14th, 2020

Cong. Tolentino to lobby return of slashed 2020 PSC budget

Philippine Olympic Committee president and congressman Bambol Tolentino will lobby in the House of Representatives the return of the funds slashed from the national sports agency brought by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The Philippine Sports Commission was among the government agencies instructed by the Department of Budget and Management to slice its 2020 budget by more than half. The PSC returned P700 million out of its P900 million budget to be used in the fight against the deadly virus.    PSC’s other source of fund was also severely hit by the health crisis with the dwindling remittance from the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation as most of the country put under community quarantine, forcing the agency to do belt-tightening measures including slashing the national athletes’ allowances in half. Tolentino told reporters on Monday via Zoom press conference that PAGCOR has resumed its remittance. “Nag-remit na ang PAGCOR ulit. I don’t know kung mako-cover na ‘yung portion ng month na nabawasan na ang allowances,” he said. However, anticipating that the remittance won’t be enough, Tolentino announced that he will lobby in Congress the return of the diverted PSC budget. “Pero kung ‘di man ma-cover (ng PAGCOR remittance), my announcement is, not as POC president, but as a member of the House of representative, we will try to give back the amount that was taken from the PSC national development fund na ibinalik sa national treasury for the COVID-19 use. Amounting to P700 million,” said the representative of the eighth district of Cavite. Athletes are set to have their allowances cut in half starting July. “So kung ‘yun lang ang kailangan para maibalik o ma-sustain ang mawawala we will try in the House of Representatives I will lobby for it. We will try to return it in this coming second Bayanihan extension act to return the amount given to the national treasury because of the COVID-19,” said Tolentino. “Para lang ‘wag mabasawan o maibalik, para lang complete ang allowances again ng mga athletes.” The lawmaker added the athletes who brought honor and pride to the country including copping the overall championship in the 2019 Southeast Asian Games held in the country deserve to receive full financial support from the government even amid this crisis. “Ang point ko rito kasi baka di alam ni Pangulong (Rodrigo) Duterte na tinamaan ‘yung mga national athletes, ‘yung mga allowances. Baka kapag nalaman niya, ‘Huh? After giving pride and glory being overall champion sa SEA Games tapos tatamaan din sila, yung mga frontliners natin sa sports,’” he said. “Pipilitin naming ibalik ang amount na ‘yun,” added Tolentino.      --- Follow this writer on Twitter, @fromtheriles.....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJun 22nd, 2020

& lsquo;Call stimulus special session& rsquo;

An official on Wednesday urged President Rodrigo Duterte to call a special session of Congress to approve the P1.3-trillion economic stimulus bill passed by the House of Representatives......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsJun 10th, 2020

Rivero pledges help to fellow UP students arrested in Anti-Terror Bill protest

College basketball star Ricci Rivero was one of the first to respond to fellow University of the Philippines students arrested in Cebu during a peaceful protest against the controversial ‘Anti-Terror’ bill Friday. The Fighting Maroons guard coordinated with Nowhere To Go UP president Renan Dalisay and pledged financial support for the arrested UP students.   Ricci learned of the incident from another UP cager Jun Manzo and immediately offered to help. Elements of Cebu police nabbed at least seven protesters including two students while staging a demonstration against the controversial anti-terror bill inside the University of the Philippines-Cebu grounds. [Related story: 7 Anti-Terror Bill protesters held in Cebu] According to the police, the protesters violated the government’s ban on mass gathering under the general community quarantine to prevent the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). The protesters were pulled and dragged to police cars and were brought to Cebu City Police Office for detention.      Ricci’s teammate Kobe Paras has been very vocal on social media as he joined other student-athletes in voicing out against the newly-passed bill. The controversial bill is said to give powers to the government to do warrantless arrests and wiretapping of suspected terrorists   The Congress approved of the bill last Wednesday and is just awaiting the signature of President Rodrigo Duterte to be enacted as a law. Rivero is currently consulting with his lawyers to educate him further regarding the bill.  .....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJun 5th, 2020

DOLE to employers: Avoid & lsquo;no vax, no work& rsquo; policy

Employers who will impose sanctions on their personnel for failure to get vaccinated will be liable for illegal suspension or illegal termination of an employee, the Labor department said on Thursday......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsAug 12th, 2021

Sara still top choice among possible bets in & lsquo;22 & mdash; OCTA

With 28 percent nationwide preference, Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte remained the top choice among 15 names of possible candidates for president in next year’s election,  a latest survey by OCTA Research revealed......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsAug 3rd, 2021

& lsquo;Biden free to talk about alleged abuses under Duterte& rsquo;

Malacañang said it is up to US President Joe Biden if he will condemn President Rodrigo Duterte over alleged “pattern of abuses” under his administration......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsAug 2nd, 2021

VFA & lsquo;in full force& rsquo; again & mdash;DND chief

President Rodrigo Duterte has walked back on a decision to end the Visiting Forces Agreement (VFA) with the United States, Defense Secretary Delfin Lornezana said Friday during a visit by Pentagon chief Lloyd Austin......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsJul 31st, 2021

Indefinite suspension of Immigration staff linked to pastillas bribery sought

President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday told Congress and the Filipino people that he had fired the officials implicated in the "pastillas" scheme, where foreigners slipped into the country in exchange for money......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 28th, 2021

& lsquo;Let the people judge my work& rsquo;

President Rodrigo Duterte’s final State of the Nation Address today is a report card centered on the accomplishments of his administration, Malacañang said Sunday......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsJul 25th, 2021

& lsquo;Poster boy& rsquo; of vax rollout

President Rodrigo Duterte is set to appear in a new infomercial to encourage more Filipinos to get vaccinated against COVID-19, Malacañang said Thursday......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsJul 15th, 2021

Duterte promise to end ‘endo’ a ‘farce’ – labor groups

MANILA, Philippines — Labor groups said they were no longer surprised by a presidential adviser’s announcement that banning “endo” or labor contractualization was no longer a priority of President Rodrigo Duterte in his final year in office. Since 2019, they said, Duterte has shown that his campaign promise to end the practice of endo (end […] The post Duterte promise to end ‘endo’ a ‘farce’ – labor groups appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 12th, 2021

Sara now & lsquo;open& rsquo; to presidential bid in 2022 polls

Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio on Friday said she is now “open” to running for president in the 2022 national elections......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJul 10th, 2021

& lsquo;Travel curbs apply to all& rsquo;

Local government units must first implement the resolutions of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) on travel protocols because these were adopted on behalf of President Rodrigo Duterte, the Palace said Thursday......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsJul 9th, 2021

& lsquo;Unfinished business& rsquo; may spur Rody& rsquo;s VP run in 2022& mdash;Roque

“Unfinished business” might lead President Rodrigo Duterte to run for vice president in 2022, the Palace said Tuesday......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsJun 29th, 2021