Advertisements


Duterte negative for COVID-19 in last swab test — Go

MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte tested negative for COVID-19 when he underwent his last swab test during the Holy Week, his longtime aide Sen. Bong Go said Thursday. “Regular naman pong nagpapa-swab test si Pangulong Duterte at, so far naman po, sa awa ng Diyos, ay negatibo naman po kung pagbabasehan po ‘yung last […] The post Duterte negative for COVID-19 in last swab test — Go appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource: inquirer inquirerApr 8th, 2021

Mayor Sara to families of returning residents: No welcome parties

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 28 July) – As the number of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases continues to rise in this city, Mayor Sara Duterte told residents of Davao City to avoid holding “welcome parties” for returning family members to avoid contracting the infection, even if they test negative for the virus through a swab test. […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsJul 30th, 2020

Marco Alcaraz naguluhan sa magkaibang resulta ng COVID test: Sobrang hindi ako makapaniwala…

NAGULUHAN ang aktor na si Marco Alcaraz sa magkaibang resulta ng tatlong COVID-19 test na ginawa sa kanya kamakailan. Nagpositibo ang asawa ng beauty queen-actress na si Lara Quigaman sa kanyang swab test ngunit nag-negative naman sa saliva antigen at isa pang RT-PCR test. Kaya para makasiguro, nagdesisyon si Marco na kumpletuhin na rin ang […] The post Marco Alcaraz naguluhan sa magkaibang resulta ng COVID test: Sobrang hindi ako makapaniwala… appeared first on Bandera......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMar 26th, 2021

First UK Covid-19 variant patient tests negative in latest swab — QC gov’t

MANILA, Philippines — The first case of B.1.1.7. SARS-CoV-2 variant (Covid-19 UK variant) in the country who is a  Quezon City resident, has tested negative in his latest swab test but will still remain at the quarantine center, the Quezon City government said Friday. “The Quezon City government announces that the resident who tested positive […] The post First UK Covid-19 variant patient tests negative in latest swab — QC gov’t appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 22nd, 2021

Swab test result ni Aiko inintriga: Ate sendan kita ng negative result ko…akala nila pinilit lang ako mag-work

FOLLOW-UP ito sa nasulat namin dito sa BANDERA kahapon tungkol sa maling hinalang may COVID-19 si Aiko Melendez habang nasa lock-in taping ng teleseryeng “Prima Donnas” ng GMA. Kaagad dinala ang aktres sa hospital para i-swab test kasama ang direktor nilang si Gina Alajar at ilang production staff ng programa — negatibo naman ang resulta […] The post Swab test result ni Aiko inintriga: Ate sendan kita ng negative result ko…akala nila pinilit lang ako mag-work appeared first on Bandera......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 1st, 2020

Ronaldo COVID-free after 19 days but virus hits other Serie A teams

MILAN, Italy –  Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo has tested negative for coronavirus after nearly three weeks but Serie A clubs Atalanta, Sassuolo, Crotone and Parma on Friday revealed new cases. Ronaldo first tested positive for COVID-19 on October 13 while playing with Portugal. “Ronaldo carried out a check with a diagnostic test (swab) for COVID-19. […] The post Ronaldo COVID-free after 19 days but virus hits other Serie A teams appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsOct 31st, 2020

Duterte submits negative swab results

President Duterte was not spared from submitting the mandatory requirement of presenting a 24- to 72-hour negative reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction test result upon arrival here at the Davao International Airport the other night......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 22nd, 2020

Ref positive in swab test, negative in antigen

After an electrifying opening week of the Philippine Cup restart, the bubble was feared to have been pricked with a suspected first COVID-19 case in the continuing mandatory swab testing here......»»

Category: sportsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 21st, 2020

36 Bilibid PDLs found with COVID-19 following rapid tests

Thirty-six persons deprived of liberty (PDLs) at the New Bilibid Prison (NBP) in Muntinlupa have tested positive for the 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) after undergoing rapid tests, the Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) disclosed on Friday, Oct. 16. The BuCor assured in a statement that the 36 PDLs have been brought to the COVID-19 isolation facility called Site Harry at the NBP. Aside from this, the 36 PDLs underwent confirmatory reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) tests to determine if they indeed have COVID-19. “If results of the confirmatory test is released, those who are positive for the Covid 19 virus will remain at Site Harry until recovery,” the BuCor said. “The rest who test negative go back to their cells,” it added. The BuCor noted that said RT-PCR tests were conducted by the BuCor Medical Team and supervised by the Department of Health (DOH). The 36 PDLs were among 200 inmates at the NBP’s Maximum Security Compound who underwent COVID-19 rapid tests last Oct. 13. “BuCor’s continuous conduct of rapid test and swab test (RT-PCR) among its PDL is proven to be effective as can be seen in the Bureau’s present covid tally showing low infection rate, low number of active cases and high recovery rate,” the bureau said......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsOct 16th, 2020

Dingdong negative sa COVID; pwede na uling yakapin, halikan ang 2 anak

SAFE na uling yumakap at humalik si Dingdong Dantes sa kanyang asawang si Marian Rivera at dalawa nilang mga anak. Maaari na ring tumanggap ng ibang trabaho ang Kapuso Primetime King matapos magnegatibo sa isinagawa sa kanyang COVID-19 antigen swab test. Nagpasalamat si Dingdong sa mga frontliner na nagsagawa ng test sa kanya sa tulong […] The post Dingdong negative sa COVID; pwede na uling yakapin, halikan ang 2 anak appeared first on Bandera......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 25th, 2020

Consolacion mayor tests negative for COVID-19

CEBU CITY, Philippines — The mayor of Consolacion town recently tested negative for the new coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The local government of Consolacion, in a statement published on September 18, announced that swab samples from its Mayor Joannes Alegado came out negative of SARS-CoV-2. “Nigawas na ang resulta sa swab test sa Mayor ug […] The post Consolacion mayor tests negative for COVID-19 appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 19th, 2020

Alden Richards, nagpa-swab test!

Manila, Philippines – Kung pansamantalang nawala si Alden Richards sa Eat Bulaga, ito’y dahil nagpa-swab test siya bilang paghahanda sa pagsisimula ng taping ng isang serye sa GMA7. Thank God naman dahil negative ang result ng swab test ng gwapong aktor. Ayon sa GMA Senior Program Manager na si Ali Dedicatoria, kailangang COVID-free ang buong […] The post Alden Richards, nagpa-swab test! appeared first on REMATE ONLINE......»»

Category: newsSource:  remateRelated NewsSep 1st, 2020

Cebu City cops now COVID-19 free

CEBU CITY, Philippines — All policemen of Cebu City who were isolated for contracting the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) have proven negative to the disease in the most recent swab test. This was revealed by Police Colonel Josefino Ligan, the director of the Cebu City Police Office (CCPO), on Wednesday, August 26, 2020. “I am […] The post Cebu City cops now COVID-19 free appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsAug 26th, 2020

Garcia tests negative for COVID-19

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Cebu Governor Gwendolyn Garcia has tested negative for the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), the Capitol announced on Monday, August 10. Based on the test result posted by the Capitol news arm, Sugbo News, the governor underwent swab testing last Thursday, August 6. It was also during her founding anniversary speech on […] The post Garcia tests negative for COVID-19 appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsAug 10th, 2020

COVID-19 cases in House of Representatives increase to 31

The House of Representatives now has 31 confirmed cases of COVID-19, up three cases from Saturday’s count of 28, Secretary-General Jose Luis Montales said on Sunday. Among the three new cases confirned by the House official was Deputy Speaker, Basilan lone district Rep. Mujiv Hataman. Hataman had actually revealed his condition over in his social media Saturday but it was only acknowledged Sunday afternoon by the House. Montales, in an advisory to reporters, disclosed about the other two cases:  “The first is from Human Resources Management Service. He reported for work on July 22 and 23. He got tested on July 31 after experiencing cough and colds, fever, and loss of smell and taste.” The secretary-general said the remaining positive case was from the Engineering Department. “He tested positive when he underwent rapid antibody test as part of SoNA (State of the Nation Address) screening protocol. His RT-PCR (Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction) test confirmed that he is positive for COVID-19.” Also known as a swab test, the RT-PCR test is said to be far more accurate than a rapid test. Montales said contact tracing on the two House employees is ongoing. It was also during this previous week that another Deputy Speaker, Surigao del Sur 2nd district Rep. Johnny Pimentel, tested positive for COVID-19. He also learned of his infection during the SoNA swab testing on July 26 at Batasang Pambansa Complex. Pimentel, spokesman of ruling party Partido Demokratiko Pilipino–Lakas ng Bayan, was initially included in the very short list of physical attendees for President Duterte’s SoNA last Monday. Like Hataman, Pimentel is currently on home quarantine. Three House employees have so far died from the disease......»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsAug 2nd, 2020

Recto appeals for free rapid testing for LSIs

Senate President Pro Tempore Ralph Recto on Wednesday appealed for free RT-PCR (polymerase chain reaction) tests for locally-stranded individuals before they are sent home. (JANSEN ROMERO / MANILA BULLETIN) The LSIs, he said, should also be treated as VIPs, or “very important passengers” and have them avail of the COVID-19 swab tests before they are transported back to their home provinces. “These ‘VIPs’ are entitled to the same gold standard of testing, more so that they’ve been lodged in a place that will check all the boxes in the list of a possible outbreak spot,” said Recto. Recto was commenting on the thousands of LSIs crammed at the Rizal Memorial Stadium in Manila, brushing aside physical distancing protocols while they wait for their turn to be brought home under the government’s “Hatid Tulong” program. “If we have tested for free those who’ve been on strict quarantine because they’re going to listen to a speech, then all the more we should test exposed individuals who are going home to their loved ones,” he said, referring to the RT-PCR tests conducted for lawmakers and attendees of President Duterte’s recent State of the Nation Address (SONA). “May karapatan din sa peace of mind ang mga komunidad na naghihintay sa kanilang pagdating (Those who have been waiting for them in their communities also have the right to peace of mind),” he pointed out. Recto said the PCR tests will also help prevent the entry and spread of the novel coronavirus in local government units. “A swab test will ensure that the coronavirus will not be hitchhiking to family reunions. Those positive will be flagged from boarding. And spare understaffed and underfunded LGUs and local hospitals from handling a ‘pasa load’ from the national government,” he said. “Kung ngayon, bawal magtransport ng baboy dahil sa ASF at kailangan may certificate na ligtas ang mga ito, tao pa kaya?” he also noted. While saying that he was also “painfully aware” of the shortage on test kits, he lamented the plight of LSIs who have been stranded for months or have resorted to sleeping on streets. Recto said he will defer to the Interagency Task Force of Emerging Infectious Diseases to study and consider the call. Under the Hatid Tulong program, the LSIs must undergo rapid test for COVID-19  and secure medical clearance and travel authority before being allowed to depart going to their provinces. Reports said at least 20 LSIs in the Rizal Stadium have tested positive for antibodies in the rapid tests......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJul 30th, 2020

Senators at SONA all test negative of virus

  BY VANNE TERRAZOLA     Senators who were invited to personally hear President Duterte’s State-of-the-Nation Address (SONA) Monday tested negative for COVID-19. Senate President Vicente Sotto III and Sens. Pia Cayetano, Ronald dela Rosa, Christopher Go, Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr., and Francis Tolentino yielded negative for the coronavirus in the RT-PCR tests conducted before […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tempoRelated NewsJul 27th, 2020

Zubiri tests positive again for COVID-19

Senate Majority Leader Juan Miguel Zubiri tested positive again for coronavirus disease (COVID-19) on Monday. Zubiri, who was supposed to be at Batasang Pambansa to attend President Rodrigo Duterte’s State of the Nation Address (SoNA), announced that his swab test showed that he was positive again for the coronavirus. “Even after three rapid tests that […] The post Zubiri tests positive again for COVID-19 appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsJul 27th, 2020

Boxing cleared to resume by IATF, says GAB chairman Baham Mitra

Pinoy boxers and boxing fans have reason to celebrate after the announcement that the IATF (Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infections Diseases) has given the boxing the clearance to resume.  According to Games and Amusements Board Chairman Abraham “Baham” Mitra the IATF has allowed boxing to return, but will need to follow a set of health guidelines.  Earlier this month, sports like football and basketball (albeit a slight delay) were already given the green light to resume practice.  “Ang nai-pasok na po namin ay practice ng basketball and football, and then yung boxing, pumayag na, na magkaroon ng boxing, provided that both boxers and the referees, they test, yung negative sila, and then after three days, laban na sila,” Chairman Mitra revealed on an episode of The Chasedown. “After testing, ico-confine sila, para hindi mahawa ulit or [maka-hawa].” Boxing is just one of the many sports all over the world that was forced to hit pause following the exposion of the COVID-19 pandemic.  In June however, boxing returned in the United States, with Top Rank Boxing starting to put on events.  According to Chairman Mitra, boxing events in the Philippines will feature a significantly slimmed down card with a maximum of just five bouts, a far cry from the previous norm of at least ten bouts per event.  “Yung sa boxing, maximum if five bouts. Ibig-sabihin, sampung boksingero lang pwede. Dati kasi ten or fifteen, or twelve fights in a day,” Chairman Mitra explained. “Ngayon, maximum of five lang, kasi ang pinapayagan lang ay sampu.”  Before fighters can step inside the ring however, they will need to undergo testing three days prior to fight night and then remain confined or quarantined so as to avoid contracting the disease.  “These boxers will be tested three days before the fight and then they will be confined, and then weigh-in, and then fight, and then after the fight, they will also be tested,” Chairman Mitra continued. “Wala na pong rapid test yung before. Yung rapid test, after na lang. Lahat swab test para sigurado, para halos walang error.” The swab testing, Chairman Mitra explained, is for maximum accuracy.  “We’re also scared, ano? We might be held liable na ‘Pinayagan ng GAB yan eh’. Kami naman, sumusunod lang kami sa IATF, ang sabi nila papayagan lang namin kayo mag-boxing kung negative parehas.” Apart from the boxers themselves, the third men in the ring will not only need to be tested but are also required to wash up and change clothes after every bout they officiate.  “So even the referee will also be tested, because he will be in the middle eh, and then the referees will be asked to wear short sleeved shirts and then wash [after] every bout, change t-shirt, change uniform [after] every bout.”  Chairman Mitra added that judges will be placed further away from the ring, and only essential personnel will be allowed in the venue during events.  “Tapos yung mga judges, hindi na sila beside the ring, medyo malayo na sila. Yung commentators will be outside of the venue, and only one or two camera people will be involved, and then as much as possible, we will not be allowing yung mga 21 and below or 60 and above, except if it’s essential. For example, almost all promoters are above 60, so okay lang yan.” As with most sports that have been able to return during the pandemic, there will be no audiences allowed.  Chairman Mitra expects the new guidelines to be released by Monday next week, and then for PBA and PFL practices to resume by the end of next week......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJul 26th, 2020

Alden negative sa COVID, tuloy ang pagtatrabaho; mga Kapuso may hiling sa GMA 7

    NEGATIVE sa COVID-19 ang Asia’s Multimedia Star na si Alden Richards. Dahil ilang linggo na rin siyang lumalabas ng bahay para magtrabaho, nagpa-test uli ang Kapuso Drama Prince para masigurong maayos pa rin ang kanyang kundisyon. Matapos magpa-swab test sa Centuria Medical Makati, ibinalita sa kanya na negatibo ang resulta nito at pinayuhang […] The post Alden negative sa COVID, tuloy ang pagtatrabaho; mga Kapuso may hiling sa GMA 7 appeared first on Bandera......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 26th, 2020

Swab tests required on Davao passengers

Cebu Pacific said in compliance with the regulations set by the Davao local authorities, passengers flying to Davao City will be required beginning July 20 to submit a COVID-19 RT-PCR test with negative result taken within 48 hours before departure. .....»»

Category: financeSource:  thestandardRelated NewsJul 21st, 2020