Advertisements


COVID-19 cases climb past 224,000 as Metro Manila stays under GCQ

President Rodrigo Duterte kept partial restrictions in the capital region for a month starting Tuesday. Other areas under GCQ include Bulacan, Batangas, Tacloban City in Eastern Visayas and Bacolod City in Western Visayas......»»

Category: newsSource: philstar philstarSep 1st, 2020

Stocks surge as index tops 6,000

The stock market surged Monday on the possible easing of quarantine restrictions in Metro Manila by next month as COVID-19 cases plateaued in the past few days......»»

Category: financeSource:  thestandardRelated NewsOct 20th, 2020

Philippines tightens lockdown rules as COVID-19 cases soar past 100,000

MANILA, Aug. 2 (Xinhua) -- Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte approved on Sunday night the recommendation of his Cabinet to impose stricter lockdown rules in Metro Manila and the neighboring prov.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsAug 3rd, 2020

Cebu City stays under strictest ECQ; no easing of restrictions in Metro Manila

Cebu City was first reverted to the strictest community quarantine on June 15 after it saw increase in the number of COVID-19 cases that overwhelms the metropolis’ health system. .....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 1st, 2020

COVID-19 cases in Philippines climb to 14,669, deaths at 886

President Rodrigo Duterte is expected to make a decision this week on whether or not Metro Manila and other high-risk areas for COVID-19 transmission will shift to more relaxed general community quarantine......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 26th, 2020

COVID-19 cases in Metro Manila rise

The number of confirmed cases of coronavirus disease 2019 in Metro Manila continued to increase in the past two days......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMar 22nd, 2020

COVID-19 cases in Philippines rise to 373,144

Metro Manila, the epicenter of the nation’s coronavirus outbreak, will remain under general community quarantine until November 30, President Rodrigo Duterte announced Tuesday morning......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 27th, 2020

Significant gains in Muntinlupa’s fight against COVID-19

  BY ATTY. IGNACIO R. BUNYE     Here is a bit of good news from Muntinlupa City. As of last week, Muntinlupa City has recorded the lowest COVID-19 prevalence in Metro Manila and the second lowest active cases in the region, a sharp drop from 768 cases in Sept. 1 to 89 cases as […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tempoRelated NewsOct 25th, 2020

Navotas City only allows cemetery visits by schedule

Navotas City is only allowing residents to visit cemeteries by schedule to prevent the spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) infection in the city this Undas or All Souls’ Day. Mayor Toby Tiangco on Saturday said that the residents should first reach out to the contact number provided by the local government to express their intent to visit a cemetery and get a schedule when they will be allowed to do so. “May sistema ng scheduling na magtetext sila, bibigyan sila ng oras para siguradong hindi puno ‘yung cemetery (We are scheduling them through text messages. We will give them a schedule to ensure that the cemetery will not be crowded),” Tiangco said over CNN Philippines interview. According to him, residents are then given two hours to visit and pay respects to their departed loved ones. However, they are not allowed to eat or drink there as the said activities might lead to catching the virus or infecting others. “Then, may pagitan na two hours para sa labas pasok ng mga tao (from the cemetery) and then two hours ulit para doon sa mga (bagong papasok) (Then, there is a two-hour gap for the exit of first batch visitors before another batch would be allowed,” Tiangco added. Tiangco said that they are taking various safety measures to maintain its gain in its COVID-19 response. “Ang gusto lang namin maging safe (muna ang sitwasyon) bago lumabas ang tao (We first want to make sure that the situation is safe before allowing our people to go out),” he said. As of the latest University of the Philippines’ OCTA Research data, Navotas City is the second lowest city among 17 Metro Manila cities in terms of COVID-19 attack rate. The city only has an attack rate of 4.9 percent per 1,000 population, according to the said research. “This serves as a validation of all our efforts to keep our constituents safe from COVID-19. However, we need to stay vigilant and careful. We cannot let our guard down because our cases could go up any time,” he said......»»

Category: lifestyleSource:  abscbnRelated NewsOct 17th, 2020

Southeast Asia& rsquo;s COVID-19 epicenter

In the face of continued increase in confirmed Covid-19 cases, we should be thankful President Duterte did not place Metro Manila and other coronavirus hotbeds under Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) again......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsOct 1st, 2020

Olivarez eyes MGCQ for Metro Manila next month

Metro Manila may be placed under the more relaxed modified general community quarantine in November if cases of COVID-19 continue to decline, Parañaque Mayor Edwin Olivarez said yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 30th, 2020

Fewer Metro Manila adults practice anti-COVID-19 measures – SWS

Fewer adult residents in Metro Manila have followed safety measures against COVID-19 in the past two months, according to the Sept. 17-20 mobile phone survey of the Social Weather Stations......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 30th, 2020

Expert projects PH COVID-19 cases to reach 410,000 by October

The Philippines’ tally of COVID-19 cases is projected to reach the 380,000 to 410,000 mark by October due to a surge of cases occurring in areas mostly outside of Metro Manila, an expert said on Monday. OCTA Research team member Dr. Guido David said that this was because in general, they are still seeing around […] The post Expert projects PH COVID-19 cases to reach 410,000 by October appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 28th, 2020

PH records 283,460 COVID cases as 3,962 new infections recorded

By ANALOU DE VERA The Philippines recorded 283,460 COVID-19 cases after 3,962 new infections were recorded by the Department of Health (DoH) Saturday. Of the 283,460 cases, 68,645 are active cases or those who are currently ill. Metro Manila has the most number of cases with 1,440, followed by Bulacan, 354; Cavite, 287;  Laguna, 282; […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tempoRelated NewsSep 19th, 2020

Manila COVID-19 cases declining

The number of daily active cases of coronavirus disease 2019 in Manila dropped in the past weeks, Mayor Isko Moreno said on Tuesday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 16th, 2020

COVID-19 cases in Philippines surge past 260,000 with 3,372 new infections

MANILA, Sept. 13 (Xinhua) -- The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the Philippines surged to 261,216 after the Department of Health (DOH) reported 3,372 new cases on Sunday. The DOH said.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsSep 13th, 2020

Philippines’ COVID-19 cases hit 248,947 as deaths breach 4,000

Data from the DOH showed that 3,821 more people have contracted the novel coronavirus, of which 54% or 2,079 were from Metro Manila......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 10th, 2020

COVID-19 cases in the PNP top 4,700 with 223 new infections

Figures sent to reporters show that the highest proportion of the newly confirmed cases were from the National Operational Support Units at 96, trailed by Central Luzon police with 61, and the Metro Manila police with 19. .....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 9th, 2020

Stay vigilant vs COVID-19, Robredo urges public

While she is hopeful about the country’s decreasing coronavirus cases, Vice President Leni Robredo said this should not be a reason for Filipinos to be complacent and they must continue to be vigilant against COVID-19. Vice-President Leni Robredo (OVP / Facebook / FILE PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN) Robredo, in a Facebook post, said the people must maintain all the necessary precautionary measures and health protocols despite the improving COVID-19 situation. These include wearing face masks and face shields, frequent hand washing, and maintaining physical distancing from each other in public places. “While the numbers give us hope, this is no time to relax or be complacent,” the opposition leader said. ”Let us also pray fervently that all who are sick and those afflicted by the virus will get well soon and that our frontliners will be cloaked in the mantle of protection,” she added. “Kaya natin ‘to (We can do this),” Robredo stressed. The vice president issued a reminder to the public as the country has started to flatten the curve with the low number of COVID-19 cases’ reproduction number. The latest Department of Health (DOH) data showed the reproduction number was below 0.9. Robredo believed the current downward trend is the end result of the two-week modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) that was implemented in Metro Manila and nearby provinces last month. “Our medical experts were right to demand for a two-week MECQ. We’re seeing the fruits of that now,” she said......»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsSep 9th, 2020

Decline in COVID-19 cases seen in Metro Manila

Decline in COVID-19 cases seen in Metro Manila.....»»

Category: newsSource:  cnnphilippinesRelated NewsSep 8th, 2020

PH posts 3,714 new COVID cases, pushing total to 232,072

  By ANALOU DE VERA The Philippines recorded 3,714 new COVID-19 cases Friday, bringing the total to 232, 072, the Department of Health said. The DoH said 67,786  of these are active cases. One-thousand, seven-hundred ninety-seven of these new cases were reported in Metro Manila, followed by Negros Occidental with 390, Batangas with 248, Laguna […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tempoRelated NewsSep 4th, 2020