Advertisements


COVID-19 Antigen Detection Swab Tests now available at Bicol Medical Center

COVID-19 Antigen Detection Swab Tests now available at Bicol Medical Center.....»»

Category: newsSource: bicolstandard bicolstandardApr 19th, 2021

PUI at Bicol Medical Center tests negative for Covid-19

PUI at Bicol Medical Center tests negative for Covid-19.....»»

Category: newsSource:  bicolstandardRelated NewsMar 15th, 2020

First UK Covid-19 variant patient tests negative in latest swab — QC gov’t

MANILA, Philippines — The first case of B.1.1.7. SARS-CoV-2 variant (Covid-19 UK variant) in the country who is a  Quezon City resident, has tested negative in his latest swab test but will still remain at the quarantine center, the Quezon City government said Friday. “The Quezon City government announces that the resident who tested positive […] The post First UK Covid-19 variant patient tests negative in latest swab — QC gov’t appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 22nd, 2021

Abueva takes on former team as Fuel Masters gun for third straight win vs Aces

All eyes will be on Calvin Abueva as he faces his former team. (PBA Images) Phoenix Super LPG hopes to build on the successful comeback of Calvin Abueva when it battles his former team Alaska on Thursday in the PBA Philippine Cup at the Angeles University Foundation Sports and Cultural Center. What Abueva has for an encore will be known in the 4 p.m. opener as the Fuel Masters (4-2) go for a third straight victory against the Aces (4-3), who are also riding on an impressive run of three wins in the last four outings. Unbeaten leader TNT looks to shrug off the rust factor as it aims for a sixth win opposite slumping NLEX (1-5) at 6:45 p.m. The Tropang Giga are slated to see action for the first time in eight days after Monday’s game against the NorthPort Batang Pier was postponed as a precautionary measure after facing the Blackwater Elite last week. One of Blackwater’s player is currently under quarantine after he had an initial positive result for COVID-19. He has since been declared negative in the succeeding antigen and RT-PCR tests. Abueva played as if he was not out of action for 16 months due to an indefinite suspension, posting 21 points, 13 rebounds and seven assists in Phoenix’s 114-110 triumph against NLEX. With Abueva back, many see Phoenix as a team with a legitimate chance of winning the crown, something Alaska coach Jeffrey Cariaso acknowledges. “We’re in a situation where Phoenix is already playing well, they added Calvin, who would give them an extra spark — extra All-Star. So we’re gonna have our hands full,” said Cariaso as he eyes to keep the same grit that enabled Alaska to buck a 0-2 start. Alaska is coming off a 99-96 victory over Terrafirma last Tuesday......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsOct 29th, 2020

Tourism chief pushes for COVID-19 tests price cap for tourism revival

Tourism Secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat on Tuesday sought for a price cap on the real-time Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) or the RT-PCR swab confirmatory test and Antigen tests for COVID-19 to boost the reopening of tourism......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 28th, 2020

36 Bilibid PDLs found with COVID-19 following rapid tests

Thirty-six persons deprived of liberty (PDLs) at the New Bilibid Prison (NBP) in Muntinlupa have tested positive for the 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) after undergoing rapid tests, the Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) disclosed on Friday, Oct. 16. The BuCor assured in a statement that the 36 PDLs have been brought to the COVID-19 isolation facility called Site Harry at the NBP. Aside from this, the 36 PDLs underwent confirmatory reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) tests to determine if they indeed have COVID-19. “If results of the confirmatory test is released, those who are positive for the Covid 19 virus will remain at Site Harry until recovery,” the BuCor said. “The rest who test negative go back to their cells,” it added. The BuCor noted that said RT-PCR tests were conducted by the BuCor Medical Team and supervised by the Department of Health (DOH). The 36 PDLs were among 200 inmates at the NBP’s Maximum Security Compound who underwent COVID-19 rapid tests last Oct. 13. “BuCor’s continuous conduct of rapid test and swab test (RT-PCR) among its PDL is proven to be effective as can be seen in the Bureau’s present covid tally showing low infection rate, low number of active cases and high recovery rate,” the bureau said......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsOct 16th, 2020

UCMed lowers PCR Test rates

One of Cebu’s premier healthcare facilities and among the first private PCR testing facilities accredited by the Department of Health (DOH), the University of Cebu Medical Center, Inc. (UCMed), offers Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) swab testing at a more affordable package in its commitment to help in the fight against the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). […] The post UCMed lowers PCR Test rates appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 25th, 2020

Will PBA testing be postponed?

It wasn’t easy to nail down a schedule for nine of the 12 PBA teams to line up for COVID-19 swab testing at the Makati Medical Center because of the long queues but somehow, the pro league got it done......»»

Category: sportsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 4th, 2020

Pangasinan gov’t, PNP implement stricter border protocols

LINGAYEN – The provincial government of Pangasinan, together with the Pangasinan Provincial Police Office (PPPO), has started to implement stricter border control point protocols at the Tarlac-Pangasinan boundary due to the rising number of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the province. The provincial government of Pangasinan, together with the Pangasinan Provincial Police Office (PPPO), has started to implement stricter border control point protocols at the Tarlac-Pangasinan boundary due to the rising number of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the province. (Pangasinan PIO / MANILA BULLETIN) Police stressed that persons, who plan to enter the province, should secure and present the necessary documents when they cross the border into Pangasinan. A medical certificate would be a pre-requisite to acquire travel authority from the Philippine National Police (PNP) at their point of origin. On July 30, a total of 15 locally stranded individuals (LSIs) at the Pangasinan-Tarlac Border were assisted by the provincial government through the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (PDRRMO) to enter the province. All 15 stranded individuals underwent reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) tests conducted by the Provincial Health Office before they were fetched by their respective local health offices. The LSIs will be brought to their local quarantine facilities, and will stay there until the release of their swab results. The stranded individuals were composed of Pangasinenses from: Binalonan (1), Umingan (1), Lingayen (1), Mangaldan (2), Balungao (1), Pozorrubio (1), Dagupan City (1), San Manuel (1), Rosales (2), Asingan (1), Tayug (3). Meanwhile, Pangasinan has, so far, recorded 220 cases coronavirus disease COVID-19, including 35 in Dagupan City. Of this number, 133 have already recovered, 77 are still active, while 10 have already died. Only one COVID-19 case was recorded as of July 31......»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsAug 1st, 2020

UCMed molecular lab to help boost number of COVID tests a day

CEBU CITY, Philippines — The operationality of more testing laboratories for COVID-19 in Central Visayas is considered to contribute to sustaining the government’s move for the region’s economic recovery. On Thursday, July 30, 2020, the University of Cebu Medical Center (UCMed) has formally inaugurated its molecular laboratory for COVID-19 testing— the first private hospital in […] The post UCMed molecular lab to help boost number of COVID tests a day appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 31st, 2020

Recto appeals for free rapid testing for LSIs

Senate President Pro Tempore Ralph Recto on Wednesday appealed for free RT-PCR (polymerase chain reaction) tests for locally-stranded individuals before they are sent home. (JANSEN ROMERO / MANILA BULLETIN) The LSIs, he said, should also be treated as VIPs, or “very important passengers” and have them avail of the COVID-19 swab tests before they are transported back to their home provinces. “These ‘VIPs’ are entitled to the same gold standard of testing, more so that they’ve been lodged in a place that will check all the boxes in the list of a possible outbreak spot,” said Recto. Recto was commenting on the thousands of LSIs crammed at the Rizal Memorial Stadium in Manila, brushing aside physical distancing protocols while they wait for their turn to be brought home under the government’s “Hatid Tulong” program. “If we have tested for free those who’ve been on strict quarantine because they’re going to listen to a speech, then all the more we should test exposed individuals who are going home to their loved ones,” he said, referring to the RT-PCR tests conducted for lawmakers and attendees of President Duterte’s recent State of the Nation Address (SONA). “May karapatan din sa peace of mind ang mga komunidad na naghihintay sa kanilang pagdating (Those who have been waiting for them in their communities also have the right to peace of mind),” he pointed out. Recto said the PCR tests will also help prevent the entry and spread of the novel coronavirus in local government units. “A swab test will ensure that the coronavirus will not be hitchhiking to family reunions. Those positive will be flagged from boarding. And spare understaffed and underfunded LGUs and local hospitals from handling a ‘pasa load’ from the national government,” he said. “Kung ngayon, bawal magtransport ng baboy dahil sa ASF at kailangan may certificate na ligtas ang mga ito, tao pa kaya?” he also noted. While saying that he was also “painfully aware” of the shortage on test kits, he lamented the plight of LSIs who have been stranded for months or have resorted to sleeping on streets. Recto said he will defer to the Interagency Task Force of Emerging Infectious Diseases to study and consider the call. Under the Hatid Tulong program, the LSIs must undergo rapid test for COVID-19  and secure medical clearance and travel authority before being allowed to depart going to their provinces. Reports said at least 20 LSIs in the Rizal Stadium have tested positive for antibodies in the rapid tests......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJul 30th, 2020

St. Luke’s Medical Center hindi na tatanggap ng walk-in asymptomatic patients

Simula bukas, July 29, ay hindi na tatanggap ng walk-in asymptomatic patients na nais magpasailalim sa swab test ang St. Luke’s Medical Center. Sa abiso ng pagamutan, layon nitong matiyak ang maayos na flow of patients sa ospital na sumasailalim sa COVID-19 test. Gayundin ang kaligtasan ng kanilang healthcare workers. Para magpa-book ng slot para […] The post St. Luke’s Medical Center hindi na tatanggap ng walk-in asymptomatic patients appeared first on Bandera......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 28th, 2020

VSMMC set to launch free drive-thru, walk-thru COVID-19 testing

CEBU CITY, Philippines — The Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center Subnational Laboratory (VSMMC SNL) will be launching on Friday, July 24, 2020, its free drive-thru and walk-thru swab testing for COVID-19. The free testing is a project of the VSMMCC SNL, which is the largest and the first COVID-19 testing laboratory in the region, in […] The post VSMMC set to launch free drive-thru, walk-thru COVID-19 testing appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 23rd, 2020

Pay-Ward Conversion Justified?

        Recently, the highly controversy-prone Eastern Bicol Medical Center (EBMC) caught the limelight once again due to its management’s decision to convert some Covid-19-intended quarantine facilities to pay-ward status.            Firebrand legislator Alan del Valle (PCL-West District) denounced said pay-ward conversion in a privileged speech he delivered last June 29 at the regular session of […].....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJul 21st, 2020

PSC personnel, national athletes test negative for COVID-19

All 200 Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) personnel including some national athletes and coaches tested negative for coronavirus (COVID-19). The PSC announced the good news following the release of the swab-test results on Wednesday. “We are thankful to the Lord that the PSC community is free from COVID-19. We hope and pray it stays that way,” said PSC Overall-in-Charge Ramon Fernandez who also underwent Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) test or swab testing. The PSC conducted RT-PCR tests for PSC staff, along with some members of the national team numbering 112 persons at the Rizal Memorial Sports Complex (RMSC) in Manila and 88 at the PhilSports Complex in Pasig City.  The test was conducted in three batches. “We are proud to say that both PSC complexes, which is under a high-risk area since we have venues housing COVID-19 patients, can be declared COVID-19 free. We conducted the test to give the confidence back to the regular workforce, occupants, athletes, and coaches who frequently go to PhilSports and RMSC.” said Dr. Randolph Molo, Head of PSC Medical Scientific Athletes Services (PSC-MSAS) Unit. “We opted for the RT-PCR/swab test over any form of rapid testing since this test is more reliable and reflective on one's COVID-19 status. As of Wednesday, July 8, we can declare that all of the 200 persons who underwent testing are all clear/negative from the Coronavirus. This should help restore the confidence and ease the fears of our staff as we continue to keep PSC COVID-19 free.” added Dr. Molo. After RT-PCR testing, the PSC has also put in place additional security measures by requiring all staff working on-site to submit a Health Declaration Form which was made accessible by QR code or the PSC website. This is screened by the MSAS unit which will grant them a gate pass via SMS once they get cleared. The sports agency hopes this practice will help them keep PSC premises COVID-19 free. The PSC is also strictly implementing health security protocols advised by the Department of Health and the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) in all of its facilities......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJul 10th, 2020

Health officials in Cebu say no breakdown of RT-PCR machine

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Health officials in Cebu on Sunday, May 31, denied reports of a breakdown of a machine used to detect SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), in swab samples. The Department of Health in Central Visayas (DOH – 7) and the hospital administration of Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center […] The post Health officials in Cebu say no breakdown of RT-PCR machine appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 31st, 2020

Talisay logs fourth COVID-19 case

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Talisay City has recorded its fourth case coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) this Thursday, May 7, 2020. The patient is a woman from Upper Caduldulan in Barangay Lawaan III. Patient No. 4, according to Mayor Gerald Anthony Gullas, was admitted at the Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center last May 4. Her swab […] The post Talisay logs fourth COVID-19 case appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 7th, 2020

Preso sa QCPD nagpositibo sa COVID-19

ISANG preso ng Quezon City Police District ang nagpositibo sa coronavirus disease 2019. Ang person under police custody ay nahuli noong Marso 10 dahil sa ipinagbabawal na gamot. Nanganak ang babae noong Abril 18 sa Quirino Memorial Medical Center. Noong Abril 25 ay lumabas ang resulta ng swab test mula sa Lung Center of the […] The post Preso sa QCPD nagpositibo sa COVID-19 appeared first on Bandera......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 1st, 2020

Statement of Bicol Medical Center on COVID-19 Patient (Bicol) No. 39

Statement of Bicol Medical Center on COVID-19 Patient (Bicol) No. 39.....»»

Category: newsSource:  bicolstandardRelated NewsApr 30th, 2020

2 “recovered” COVID-19 patients re-admitted for testing positive again

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 25 April) –  Two COVID-19 cases who had recovered from COVID-19 and were discharged from the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) for having tested negative, were re-admitted for testing positive again. Dr. Leopoldo Vega, SPMC chief, said the negative tests on discharge of the patients, one of them a frontline health […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsApr 25th, 2020

69-year old patient who died in Cagayan de Oro tested positive for COVID-19

CAGAYAN DE ORO (MindaNews / 25 April) — A 69-year-old man, who died at the Northern Mindanao Mindanao Medical Center last weekend, was a COVID-19 positive, laboratory results released on April 23 showed. The result of  the swab specimen taken from Patient 6783, a resident of Pinikitan, Barangay Camaman-an here, stunned city officials who were […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsApr 25th, 2020