Advertisements


Baguio will reopen to tourists from Metro Manila

Baguio will reopen to tourists from Metro Manila.....»»

Category: entertainmentSource: pep pepOct 17th, 2020

Palace: Bohol could be next tourist destination to reopen

  MANILA, Philippines — After Baguio City and Boracay, Malacañang said Bohol might be the next tourist destination to reopen. “I understand Bohol might be opening soon within the month of October if I’m not mistaken,” presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said Monday in an online briefing. Starting October 1, Boracay will partially open to tourists who have […] The post Palace: Bohol could be next tourist destination to reopen appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 29th, 2020

New Metro Manila quarantine status out this week

President Duterte is expected to announce this week the updated quarantine classifications of Metro Manila and other areas as the government continues to reopen the economy while preventing the further spread of the coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 27th, 2020

Checkpoints up to keep unauthorized Metro Manila tourists out of Tagaytay

The task force said that setting up these checkpoints "is essential to ensure that those coming from GCQ areas, particularly from Metro Manila, would not be able to enter Cavite without a travel authority.".....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 20th, 2020

Tagaytay open to tourists only from MGCQ areas

Residents of Metro Manila and other areas under general community quarantine who are planning to visit Tagaytay City are still required to present a travel pass......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 17th, 2020

Metro Manila under GCQ for 1 more month

More businesses are allowed to reopen beginning today even as Metro Manila remains under general community quarantine for one more month while Cavite and Laguna, which host special economic zones, are eased into the most lenient modified GCQ......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 31st, 2020

Gyms, sports facilities stay closed under GCQ

Despite plans to reopen gyms and fitness centers earlier this month, the decision was rescinded following Metro Manila's shifting back to General Community Quarantine (GCQ)......»»

Category: sportsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 20th, 2020

GERI reports 37% profit fall, improving sales

Global-Estate Resorts, Inc. (GERI), Megaworld’s integrated tourism and leisure unit, reported lower earnings in the first half of the year although sales have started to recover in the second quarter. In a statement, GERI said that, excluding non-recurring gains, the company’s net income for the first half of the year reached P728 million, down 9 percent from P801 million during the same period last year. Attributable net income dropped 37 percent to P544.8 million in the first half of 2020 from P865.13 million in the same period last year. Consolidated revenues for the first half of 2020 registered at P2.9 billion, reflecting a 29 percent decline from P4.1 billion during the comparable period last year. On the other hand, rental income weakened by only 8 percent from P377 million last year to P347 million in the first half of 2020 even if mall operations were affected by the Taal eruption in the first quarter, and the strict quarantine measures in the second quarter. Hotel operations declined by 67 percent from P484 million last year to P162 million for the first six months of 2020 due to the quarantine restrictions during the period. However, the decline in revenues from the company’s core businesses was offset by the 30 percent reduction in costs and expenses, from P3.1 billion in the first half of 2019 to P2.2 billion this year. “Boracay was closed to tourists during the second quarter but as soon as the quarantine measures were relaxed in June, we saw a steep climb on the sales of our commercial and village lots in Boracay Newcoast. Buyers now prefer residential and leisure products in nature-rich settings outside of Metro Manila,” explained GERI President Monica T.Salomon. GERI’s reservation sales of residential projects during the second quarter of the year rose to P3.6 billion from P2.2 billion in the first quarter. The firm noted that the growth was achieved even as the country was placed on strict lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic. It did not provide comparative figures for 2019. Residential projects in Boracay Newcoast in Aklan, Arden Botanical Estate in Cavite, Eastland Heights in Antipolo, Rizal,  and Hamptons Caliraya in Laguna comprised the bulk of sales during the first half of the year, which reached P5.8 billion. “When the news of a possible lockdown came out in mid-March, we had already braced for a conservative outlook for our residential segment,” said Salomon. She added that, “But, while the country was placed on strict quarantine, we saw aggressive take-ups of our provincial projects. In fact, on the average, our second quarter sales are 61 percent of what we have booked for the entire first half of 2020. And we still have enough inventory to address the demand for residential projects in these areas.”.....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsAug 3rd, 2020

Robredo cites gov’t data showing COVID-19 response is not working

Vice President and opposition leader Leni Robredo on Sunday pointed at government data to prove her claim that it’s doing something wrong in its response to the coronavirus pandemic. Vice-President Leni Robredo (OVP / Facebook / FILE PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN) “Iyong datos—at ang datos galing sa pamahalaan—iyong datos ang ating basehan kung bakit natin sinasabi na kung ano iyong ginagawa natin ngayon, hindi siya nagwo-work,” she said on her radio show. Robredo reiterated her call on the administration to reassess its policies and improve in areas where lapses have been committed following the request of frontline health workers to revive strict lockdowns in Metro Manila and its adjacent regions. The vice president said the medical community’s appeal for comprehensive strategy against COVID-19 is a valid request that should be seriously considered. “Iyong lahat na punto nila, halimbawa na lang sinasabi nila na ‘iyong ginagawa natin ngayon is not working.’ Iyon din iyong punto ko, eh. Na hindi working iyong ginagawa natin ngayon kasi pataas nga nang pataas iyong bilang,” she said. As of August 1, the Department of Health (DOH) reported 4,963 additional COVID-19 cases, bringing the total number of coronavirus infections in the country to 98,232. “Ito nga 98,000, validated lang dahil iyong for validation pa, kung hindi ako nagkakamali, nasa mga 37,000, 38,000 pa. Ito iyong discrepancy. So kapag dinagdag mo pa iyon, talagang unimaginable na iyong numbers natin,” she said. Robredo also cited the data from tracing czar Baguio City Mayor Benjamin Magalong that showed only four of over 600 local government units have contract tracing capability. For each positive COVID-19 case, only eight persons are being traced on the average instead of the standard of 37, she said.“Iyong ina-announce na so much number of contact tracers, na 52,000 yata—52,000 na iyong na-hire, pero ang sabi ng WHO, dapat ang ideal para sa atin 132,000 iyong ma-hire na contact tracers,” Robredo added.She said the Philippines is now conducting 30,000 tests for coronavirus per day, but she noted it took the government two months to meet its target daily testing capacity in May.The vice president said she was surprised with the “mass recovery adjustment” after the DOH reported a record-high in recoveries of COVID-19 patients at 38,075.Robredo asserted the DOH must inform the public before changing its data system. “Kung magpapalit ng definition, kung magpapalit ng protocols, baka mas maganda na ina-announce iyon sa tao bago makita iyong numero kasi talagang nagulat lahat. Tapos ang pinaka-mahirap, pagkatapos noong one-time-big-time na isang araw, the following day balik sa dati,” she said......»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsAug 2nd, 2020

Easing of Metro Manila quarantine restrictions after July 15 unlikely – Roque

MANILA, Philippines – Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said on Monday, July 13, that it was unlikely Metro Manila will be downgraded to a lower quarantine level after July 15, citing recent data that showed the capital region could not yet reopen further.  Roque made the remark in a press ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJul 26th, 2020

June revenue collections rebounded 28% to P211b

Revenue collections rebounded 28 percent in June from a 49-percent slump in May after the government eased the restrictions in Metro Manila that allowed offices to reopen......»»

Category: financeSource:  thestandardRelated NewsJul 2nd, 2020

DOT expects tourism establishments to reopen shortly

The Department of Tourism expects more tourism establishments to reopen soon as local government units outside Metro Manila and Cebu began easing travel restrictions as they transition to modified general community quarantine......»»

Category: financeSource:  thestandardRelated NewsJul 2nd, 2020

Pessimism

Despite the easing of quarantine restrictions in Metro Manila, the salon where I was a regular patron is taking time to reopen......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 23rd, 2020

Market set to test 6,500-point level

Share prices are expected to test the 6,500-point level on optimism that more businesses will reopen after the government eased the lockdown over Metro Manila and neighboring areas......»»

Category: financeSource:  thestandardRelated NewsJun 14th, 2020

More PNP vehicles deployed to ferry stranded workers

The Philippine National Police (PNP) has deployed more vehicles that include buses and troop carriers in Metro Manila and other parts of the country to assist thousands of workers who were caught between the government’s decision to reopen the economy and the lack of enough public utility vehicles to transport them to their workplaces. Maj. […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tempoRelated NewsJun 3rd, 2020

COVID-19 infections in Philippines approach 19,000 with addition of 359 cases

Metro Manila—the epicenter of the country’s outbreak—began emerging from one of the world’s longest coronavirus lockdowns Monday after most businesses were allowed to reopen for the first time since mid-March......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 2nd, 2020

Barbershops, salons allowed to operate starting June 7

The government allowed barbershops and salons to reopen at a limited capacity of three customers at a time with the most basic function of haircut only, as Metro Manila shifts to the general community quarantine......»»

Category: financeSource:  thestandardRelated NewsMay 31st, 2020

PSE to reopen trading floor Monday

The Philippine Stock Exchange said it will reopen its trading floor on Monday following the easing of the Metro Manila lockdown......»»

Category: financeSource:  thestandardRelated NewsMay 31st, 2020

Barbershops, salons allowed to open on June 7

Barbershops and hair salons will be allowed to reopen starting June 7 in areas under general community quarantine including Metro Manila – subject to minimum health protocols, the Department of Trade and Industry said yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 30th, 2020

Public transport shortfall feared

Commuters should brace for a possible shortfall in transport services beginning tomorrow as more businesses reopen and more people are expected to go out with the easing of quarantine restrictions in Metro Manila and several other areas, Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade said at a virtual press briefing yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 30th, 2020

Pentecost during a pandemic

Metro Manila and most of the country are about to emerge from months of strict lockdown. But are people safe to leave the safety of their homes, reopen their businesses or go to work and face the crowd of people who are certain to flood the streets and workplaces? Will there be a resurgence or worse, a new wave of infections as a result of the easing of restrictions on movement and travel to jumpstart the economy after a prolonged inactivity? Are Filipinos socially responsible enough to live differently moving forward? Is this a question of health/safety considerations as against economy and financial considerations?.....»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsMay 29th, 2020