Advertisements


2 face raps over fake COVID-19 test results

Two women are facing charges in Pasay for allegedly falsifying a COVID-19 test result, an official said yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource: philstar philstarMay 4th, 2021

Real raps for Boracay tourists over fake COVID-19 test results

The Department of Tourism on Monday said it has filed complaints against the six tourists from Manila who falsified their RT-PCR (Reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction) test results......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsFeb 15th, 2021

DOT: PNP files raps vs 2 El Nido tourists who tampered COVID-19 results

The Department of Tourism on Saturday said that the El Nido Philippine National Police “is filing charges” against two tourists from the National Capital Region for tampering their COVID-19 test results......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsFeb 20th, 2021

8 Boracay tourists held for faking COVID-19 test results

Another group of tourists in Boracay were found to have presented fake reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test results......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsFeb 17th, 2021

EDITORIAL - Fake vaccines

Negative COVID test results are being forged. So it was just a matter of time before coronavirus vaccines were also faked......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsFeb 4th, 2021

3 Boracay tourists who faked swab tests found infected

Five tourists from Metro Manila who visited Boracay have presented fake reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction test results for COVID-19......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsFeb 4th, 2021

9 nabbed for fake travel passes, COVID-19 test results

Police arrested nine persons for making fake travel passes and rapid antibody test results during a raid on a shop in Sta. Cruz, Manila on Monday afternoon......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 9th, 2020

Computer shop raided for fake COVID-19 results

Police raided a computer shop in Caloocan City on Thursday for allegedly falsifying coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19 test results......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 25th, 2020

5 players withdraw, 1 tests positive, nerves frayed on virus

By DOUG FERGUSON AP Golf Writer Brooks Koepka and Webb Simpson were among five players who withdrew from the Travelers Championship, four of them out of a chain-reaction abundance of caution over the coronavirus that put the PGA Tour on notice. “The snowball is getting a little bit bigger,” Graeme McDowell told The Associated Press after withdrawing Wednesday because his longtime caddie, Ken Comboy, tested positive for the virus. The tour released results that showed three positive tests at the TPC River Highlands in Connecticut — Cameron Champ and the caddies for Koepka and McDowell. There were no positive tests on the Korn Ferry Tour event in Utah. As it enters the third week in its return from the COVID-19 pandemic that shut down golf for three months, the tour has administered 2,757 tests at PGA Tour and Korn Ferry Tour events in five states, with seven positive results. On the PGA Tour alone, there have been 1,382 tests and four positive results. “It's a low number on a percentage basis, but every number hurts,” PGA Tour Commissioner Jay Monahan said. “I think we all need to remind ourselves that we're all learning to live with this virus. "It's pretty clear that this virus isn't going anywhere.” Nick Watney was the first player to test positive last week at the RBC Heritage in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, which was teeming with people on summer vacation. Champ tested positive on Tuesday at the Travelers and immediately withdrew. Four more players withdrew even with negative test results. Koepka said his caddie, Ricky Elliott, tested positive and then took another test that came back negative. No matter. He chose to withdraw, and was especially gutted that his younger brother, Chase Koepka, withdrew after earning a rare chance to play through a Monday qualifier. When his brother made it, Koepka arranged a house for him to stay in starting Tuesday, so he had his brother stay with him in the meantime. Then, the brothers played a practice round with McDowell and British Open champion Shane Lowry. Both Koepkas said they felt they should withdraw because they were in close contact with someone who tested positive. “I feel terrible for Chase,” Koepka said. “This course is made for him, he's playing as good as I've ever seen him. And I put him in that situation. It's one thing if I withdraw. He doesn't get this opportunity very often.” Simpson, who won the RBC Heritage last week with a record score that moved him to No. 5 in the world, withdrew when he learned a family member had tested positive. Monahan said the tour would continue, and that there was no set number of positive tests that would lead to golf shutting down again. “We feel like we're on a path that's going to allow us to continue to sustain our return to golf,” Monahan said. “But rest assured, there won't be many sleepless nights. When you're working in a world of uncertainty, these are the things you worry about.” Monahan sent a memo to players that outlined increased measures in its health and safety protocols. Those include testing players before and after they take charter flights. Swing coaches now face mandatory testing each week and will be considered part of the bubble, and the fitness trailer will be at tournaments to keep players from going to gyms. He also said the tour will no longer pay for players or caddies to be in self-isolation for positive tests if they have not followed the health and safety plan. “All of us have an extraordinary responsibility to follow these protocols,” Monahan said, adding he has been guilty at times as he adjusts to a new way of living. “For any individual that does not, there will be serious repercussions.” He did not say what the punishment would be. The tour does not publicize disciplinary actions or fines. McDowell says his caddie flew on a commercial flight that was packed from Dallas to Orlando, Florida, after he missed the cut at Colonial. That Monday, they went to a memorial service — along with Elliott, who grew up with McDowell in Northern Ireland, and McDowell's trainer — and then they all drove six hours to Hilton Head. “The problem is, people are out here passing tests when they could still have the virus,” McDowell said. “That’s what we’re learning. Ricky passed a test on Monday and he just failed it this morning.” The PGA Tour's return to tournaments started with a perfect record — 487 tests for players arriving at Colonial in Fort Worth, Texas; 98 players on the charter flight to South Carolina; 369 tests at Hilton Head Island. All came back negative. But there now has been four positive tests in the last six days, and Monahan said no one should be surprised if there are more next week in Detroit, or the following two weeks in Ohio. “I think this is the reality of what we're all living under,” he said. “We are doing everything we can to make that not be the case. But I don’t think anybody should be surprised. I’m certainly hopeful we won’t. But to be able to say that we’re going to not have any cases ... would be disingenuous because we're all learning as we're going.” McDowell said he would take two weeks off and hoped to return in July for the first of two weeks in Ohio. So much depends on the virus and whether it reaches a level that it's not prudent for golf to continue. “Do we shut down, start up in a month's time, two months' time? You come back and what's changed?” McDowell said. “I think the tour is doing a pretty good job. It's just so difficult to control everybody outside the gates. “We have to get through to the other side of this.”.....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJun 25th, 2020

Berger a winner at Colonial, and PGA Tour feels like it, too

By DOUG FERGUSON AP Golf Writer FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — The PGA Tour spent two months learning about the COVID-19 pandemic and trying to develop a safe plan to return, followed by another month hoping for the best. Commissioner Jay Monahan said his confidence in the plan came with a dose of uncertainty. “If we ... got into a situation where we were dealing with a number of positive tests, that's something — candidly — that I lost a lot of sleep over in the weeks that preceded coming,” Monahan said. Monahan felt every bit a winner as Daniel Berger at the Charles Schwab Challenge. The tour administered 487 tests for the new coronavirus at Colonial, and the results on all of them came back negative. On the golf course, a dozen of some of golf's best players — from Rory McIlroy to Justin Thomas, Xander Schauffele to Jordan Spieth — all had a chance going into the final round. “Listen, there is more work to be done,” Monahan said. “But this is a phenomenal start to our return.” It was a healthy return, except for a somewhat sickly finish. Berger made a 10-foot birdie putt on the 18th hole and heard the deafening silence of a big moment with no spectators allowed at Colonial. He got into a playoff when Collin Morikawa missed a 6-foot birdie putt for the win and Xander Schauffele missed his try from 25 feet. The playoff was held on the 17th hole, another reminder of how this week was different. Playoffs always start on the 18th hole because that's where the gallery is packed into the grandstands. With no fans allowed, and with the 17th tee right next to the clubhouse, off they went. Morikawa hit a deft chip to 3 feet. Berger chipped even closer from behind the green and rapped in his par. They presumably were headed to the 18th tee until Morikawa's 3-footer spun out, and Berger was the winner. Schauffele should have been in the playoff, but his 3-footer for par on the 17th in regulation dipped in the right side of the cup and spun out of the left side. Talk about a horrible horseshoe. “If there are fans and everything with the ‘oohs’ and ‘aahs,’ I’d probably be a little more (ticked) off,” Schauffele said. “Maybe that’s a good thing for me right now. But it was definitely weird." Justin Rose had an 18-foot birdie putt on the 18th that looked good all the way until it wasn't. He finished one behind along with Bryson DeChambeau and Jason Kokrak, who also missed birdie chances on the last hole. This isn't the first time Rose or anyone else has missed a big putt. It wasn't the first time Rose let out a gutteral moan from missing. It was just the first time he actually heard it. “If the crowd are there, their groans or cries, whatever it may be, would have drowned me out,” Rose said. “You suddenly realize you actually do make some noise sometimes yourself. And it surprised me a little bit there on 18.” There were reminders all week of no fans, but rarely why golf had been shut down since March 12 because of the rapid spread of COVID-19, a pandemic that canceled one major (British Open) and postponed the others until later in the year. “The only time I thought about it was when I was having to take the tests, and that was really it,” Keith Mitchell said. “Hopefully, nobody comes down with it and we can keep on playing.” Players on the charter to the next stop — Hilton Head on the South Carolina shore — had to swing by the pool area at Colonial after the third round for a saliva test. If negative, they board the plane and don't have to be tested at Hilton Head. Everyone else driving, flying commercial or flying private face another test when they arrive. Tony Finau learned a new skill beyond chipping and putting. He learned to spit for his test. “You just kind of roll your tongue around inside your mouth, and it seems to bring a little bit more, and also if you just lean your face down, it seems to come out a little easier,” he said. So few talking about the virus was an indication of how safe it felt. In this case, the week doesn't end until the next tournament begins. “I was asked, ‘What’s a successful week look like?' It means us getting to the RBC Heritage and having another successful week,” he said. “I feel very good about the setup there, and we're ready to go again." Monahan had said as the tour prepared to return that it was critical not to fall into a trap that all is well. He said he wouldn't feel comfortable until told he could be comfortable, and likely would mean a vaccine. Morikawa said being back to golf and being back to normal were different matters. “Just because we played one week doesn’t mean we can go party and go do everything else like we used to,” Morikawa said. “We still have to follow these guidelines and maintain safety and strict rules with how far we stay from each other because it’s still out there. “We just have to be cognizant of what’s around us and where we put ourselves, because we want the tour to keep playing......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJun 15th, 2020

Wearing of face masks spared 48 individuals in Talisay, Cebu from COVID-19

CEBU CITY, Philippines – All individuals, who came in close contact with Talisay City’s second coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) patient, tested negative of the virus, Mayor Gerald Anthony ‘Samsam’ Gullas announced on Saturday, May 9. In a post on Facebook, Gullas said the city government had received the test results of the swab samples from […] The post Wearing of face masks spared 48 individuals in Talisay, Cebu from COVID-19 appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 9th, 2020

Tolentino tests negative for COVID-19 despite DOH guideline not to test if asymptomatic

"Since there is a shortage of test kits, this photo tells us that the best way to know if you have Covid 19 is to cough at the face of Senators and wait for their results," one user commented on the photo. .....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMar 22nd, 2020

Labella appeals: Faster release of COVID test results for arriving ROFs

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Cebu City Mayor Edgar Labella said that he would want the test results of returning overseas Filipinos (ROFs) to be released faster. He said that many ROFs, who are residents of the city, would have to wait days to get their results and were forced to be isolated for that period […] The post Labella appeals: Faster release of COVID test results for arriving ROFs appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated News16 hr. 11 min. ago

Coronavirus | British Airways tests an antigen test with results in 25 seconds for Covid-19

British Airways British Airways He will try, for the first time in the world, a Antigen test from Covid-19 That gives results in 25 seconds,.....»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsMay 13th, 2021

Bees in the Netherlands trained to detect COVID-19 infections

AMSTERDAM — Dutch researchers have trained bees, which have an unusually keen sense of smell, to identify samples infected with COVID-19, a finding they said could cut waiting times for test results to just seconds. To train the bees, scientists in the bio-veterinary research laboratory at Wageningen University gave them sugary water as a reward after showing […] The post Bees in the Netherlands trained to detect COVID-19 infections appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 8th, 2021

PH cases near 1 million as DOH reports 8,162 new infections

MANILA, Philippines — With more laboratories confirming coronavirus infections, the Philippines’ total COVID-19 cases would likely breach the one-million mark on Monday as the country joins the observance of World Immunization Week. The Department of Health (DOH) reported 8,162 new infections on Sunday based on laboratory test results, pushing the total to 997,523. Less than […] The post PH cases near 1 million as DOH reports 8,162 new infections appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 26th, 2021

79 nabbed over fake swab test results in Davao

At least 79 people have been apprehended for presenting fake reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction test results upon arrival at the Davao International Airport......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 26th, 2021

CIDG collars peddlers of face COVID-19 test kits

Elements of the Philippine National Police-Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (PNP-CIDG) on Tueday collared 10 individuals allegedly involved in the illegal selling of COVID-19 test kits. The suspects were arrested in an entrapment operation around 11 a.m. in Scout Bayoran Street in Barangay South Triangle after selling 30 boxes of Clungene rapid test kits worth […] The post CIDG collars peddlers of face COVID-19 test kits appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsApr 13th, 2021

Nueva Vizcaya vice governor tests positive for COVID-19

By LIEZLE BASA INIGO  NUEVA VIZCAYA — Vice Governor Jose “Tam-An” Tomas, Sr. bared Thursday that he was admitted to hospital for coronavirus disease (COVID-19). “Today (Thursday), I received my swab test results and I tested positive for COVID-19,” he said in his Facebook page. He said he was admitted to hospital while his relatives and staff he […].....»»

Category: lifestyleSource:  abscbnRelated NewsApr 1st, 2021

Antigen test not for screening purposes — DOH

The Department of Health clarified yesterday that the antigen test results of which will now be included in the daily tally of COVID-19 cases cannot be used for ”screening purposes” for work and travel......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMar 31st, 2021

DOH to include antigen test results in NCR Plus COVID-19 count

Antigen test results for COVID-19 in the 'NCR Plus' area will now be included in the Philippines' overall count of infections, the Department of Health said Tuesday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMar 30th, 2021