Advertisements


2 dead, 14 missing; 850,000 affected in Typhoon Quinta aftermath

Typhoon Quinta left two persons dead, 14 missing and more than 850,000 affected when it battered Luzon, authorities said. Although the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRMMC) said it has yet to receive reports of any casualty caused by Quinta two fatalities were reported by local authorities. National Police chief Gen. Camilo Cascolan […] The post 2 dead, 14 missing; 850,000 affected in Typhoon Quinta aftermath appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: sportsSource: abscbn abscbnOct 26th, 2020

Typhoon-stricken gov t employees may apply for 5-day emergency leave

PASIG CITY, Nov. 4 (PIA) -- Government employees directly affected by the aftermath of Typhoons Quinta and Rolly may apply for a special five-day leave, the Civil Service Commission (CSC) told the.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsNov 4th, 2020

12 reported dead due to Quinta; over P500M damage recorded

Twelve people have been reported dead, at least 11 remain missing, and over 6,000 houses were damaged because of typhoon “Quinta.” Over half a billion pesos’ worth of damage to agriculture and infrastructure was also recorded as reports started to trickle in, while the typhoon exited the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) Tuesday morning. Reports […] The post 12 reported dead due to Quinta; over P500M damage recorded appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsOct 27th, 2020

Typhoon Phanfone: 28 deaths, 12 missing in central Philippines

Manila [Philippines], Dec 27 (ANI): The number of people confirmed dead since Typhoon Phanfone hit the Philippines on Christmas Eve has risen to 28, as thousands of people affected by the storm remain.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsDec 29th, 2019

Typhoon Phanfone: 28 deaths, 12 missing in central Philippines

Manila [Philippines], Dec 27 (ANI): The number of people confirmed dead since Typhoon Phanfone hit the Philippines on Christmas Eve has risen to 28, as thousands of people affected by the storm remain.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsDec 27th, 2019

Quake aftermath: 9 dead, 7 missing, at least 200 injured

KIDAPAWAN CITY (MindaNews / 30 October) – The Magnitude 6.6 quake that struck at 9:04 a.m. on October 29 with epicenter 25 kilometers southeast of Tulunan town left at least nine persons dead, seven others missing and some 200 persons injured, reports from the Disaster Risk Reduction and Management offices in the affected areas said. […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsOct 30th, 2019

SSS to provide assistance to typhoon victims

The Social Security System will provide a calamity assistance package to its members and pensioners who were affected by Super Typhoon Rolly, Typhoon Quinta, and Typhoon Ulysses starting Nov. 27......»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 16th, 2020

Typhoon Vamco leaves 53 dead, 22 missing in Philippines

Manila [Philippines], November 14 (ANI/Xinhua): The death toll from Typhoon Vamco that battered the Philippines this week has climbed to 53, the Philippine National Police (PNP) said on Saturday. The.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsNov 16th, 2020

Typhoon Ulysses death toll hits 67 – NDRRMC

MANILA, Philippines — The official death toll from yyphoon Ulysses (international name: Vamco) has climbed to  67 as of Sunday with dozens more injured or missing, the National Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (NDRRMC) said. As of 9 a.m. Sunday, Ulysses has so far left 22 people dead in Cagayan Valley,  two in  Central Luzon, […] The post Typhoon Ulysses death toll hits 67 – NDRRMC appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 15th, 2020

Typhoon Vamco leaves 53 dead, 22 missing in Philippines

Manila [Philippines], November 14 (ANI/Xinhua): The death toll from Typhoon Vamco that battered the Philippines this week has climbed to 53, the Philippine National Police (PNP) said on Saturday. The.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsNov 15th, 2020

Strong typhoon leaves 42 dead, 20 missing in Philippines - KSTP.com

Strong typhoon leaves 42 dead, 20 missing in Philippines KSTP.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsNov 15th, 2020

As Ulysses leaves trail of destruction, Duterte says Filipinos can rise up

MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte on Saturday said Filipinos can rise up from the destruction brought by Typhoon Ulysses that also left 39 people dead and at least 20 missing in most Luzon areas. “Alam ko na kailangan ninyo ng tulong. Alam ko na inaasahan ninyo iyong tulong makaabot sa inyong panahon sa lugar ninyo,” Duterte […] The post As Ulysses leaves trail of destruction, Duterte says Filipinos can rise up appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 14th, 2020

Damage to agriculture now at P10B; affected farmers at 150,000

Agriculture Secretary William Dar on Saturday said that total damage of typhoons Quinta, Rolly, and Ulysses brought to agriculture is now pegged at P10 billion. “As of this morning, yung damage from Typhoon Quinta, Rolly at Ulysses, hindi pa kasama ngayon iyong flooding na nangyayari sa Isabela at Cagayan ay umaabot na po ng P10 […] The post Damage to agriculture now at P10B; affected farmers at 150,000 appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsNov 14th, 2020

DILG: 14 dead, 3 missing, more than 345k in shelters due to Typhoon Ulysses

Typhoon Ulysses, which battered the capital region and parts of Luzon this week, has so far left 14 dead, three missing, and more than 345,000 in evacuation centers, the interior department said Friday. .....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 13th, 2020

‘Ulysses’ leaves 2 dead, 8 hurt in Bicol

Typhoon “Ulysses” left at least two dead, eight hurt and four missing in the Bicol region......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 12th, 2020

9 reported dead, 6 missing in ‘Ulysses’ wake

Nine people were reported dead while six remain missing and at least nine were hurt as typhoon “Ulysses” battered Luzon with heavy rain and strong winds. “Ulysses,” the 21st cyclone to enter the country, wrought damage with strong winds that felled trees, posts, and signages, as well as intense rains that caused heavy flooding in […] The post 9 reported dead, 6 missing in ‘Ulysses’ wake appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsNov 12th, 2020

NDRRMC says typhoon response adequate

The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council said Thursday that it has not been negligent in issuing timely and adequate warnings and advisories related to the strength of typhoon “Ulysses” even if many residents in Metro Manila and nearby provinces seemed to be caught by surprise with the sudden flooding in their areas. (MANILA BULLETIN) Requests from people asking to be rescued from the roof or second floors of their houses, specifically in Marikina City, Pasig City, and Rizal, due to the overflow of the Marikina River have flooded social media and the NDRRMC Operations Center, according to Assistant Secretary Casiano Monilla, Office of Civil Defense deputy director for operations. “Patuloy ang paglilikas natin but since yesterday or even the other day, inililikas na ang ating mga kababayan especially doon sa traditionally naaapektuhan ng bagyo. We were not caught flat-footed dito sa event na ito. Kung minsan lang kasi, kapag nag-ikot ang local officials ay hindi kaagad sumusunod ang mga kababayan. Mas nagrerely tayo kung ano ang ating nararamdaman, kung ano ang prevailing na situation na nararamdaman other than the advise na binibigay ng PAGASA,” he said in a virtual media forum. (We are still conducting rescue operations but since [Wednesday] or even [Tuesday], we have already conducted pre-emptive evacuation of our countrymen especially in areas that are traditionally affected by typhoons. We were not caught flat-footed by this event. Sometimes, the residents don’t listen to local officials even if they are already warned. They usually rely on what they are feeling or the prevailing situation rather than the advise given by the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical, and Astronomical Services Administration)The NDRRMC has yet to provide data on the extent of damage of  Ulysses and how many people were affected. But NDRRMC chairman and Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana, in a separate interview, said the damage has been “huge.” “[There was] huge damage. [There were] totally flooded villages and low-lying areas were flooded,” Lorenzana said when asked to describe the extent of Ulysses’ effects. Lorenzana said he has briefed President Duterte about the deployment of troops to save some residents in Marikina who were asking to be rescued due to the overflow of the Marikina River. “I just came from the Palace. I briefed him what our troops are doing in Marikina to save people from their rooftops,” he said. Social media users were quick to point out the similarity in the devastation of Ulysses to typhoon “Ondoy” in 2009 which inundated a vast portion of Metro Manila after hours of intense rains. Ondoy left 747 people dead and billions of damages in agriculture and infrasture. In Marikina, Mayor Marcelino Teordoro said Ulysses brought the water level of Marikina River to 22 meters as of 11 a.m. Thursday, which was higher than the 21.5-meter level reached during typhoon Ondoy. Monilla said local government units (LGUs) have the responsibility to conduct search and rescue operations on their affected residents but he noted that the NDRRMC is behind the LGUs to augment their capabilities. “Ondoy really served as a lesson especially sa area ng Marikina at Pasig sa NCR. Nagkaroon na sila even the early warning signals. Sa amin naman, ang pagdirect ng operations ay aming nirerely sa LGUs at kami lang ay tumutulong sa local governments in harnessing the response units para madagdagan ang units na nagre-rescue sa ating mga kababayan (Ondoy really served as a lesson especially in Marikina and Pasig in the National Capital Region. They established early warning signals. On our part, the direction of [rescue] operations rely on the local government units and we just help them in harnessing the response units which will rescue our countrymen),” he said.  “Because highly populated ang lugar it could be a challenge relocating them. Ang Provident [Village] nga which serves as a lesson in Ondoy ay affected din sa ngayon. Highly urbanized kasi ang Metro Manila that’s why it’s really a challenge paano i-relocate ang mga tao na laging affected ng ganito,” he added. Meanwhile, the NDRRMC has also tapped the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and several private companies to deploy their manpower and assets for search and rescue operations. Gen. Gilbert Gapay, AFP chief, said the Joint Task Force NCR has been leading the rescue efforts in Metro Manila. They were aigmented by two disaster response units from the 7th Civil Relations Group, 101stSearch and Rescue volunteers, and private group REACT PH. Another search and rescue unit from Bantay Bayan volunteers were deployed in areas on Tullahan River and Caloocan City to conduct search and rescue operations. The Joint Task Force Bicolandia, Northern Luzon Command (NolCom), and Southern Luzon Command (SolCom) also deployed thousands of soldiers to coordinate the search and rescue operations in Bicol region, Cordillera Administrative Region, Ilocos (Region 1), Cagayan Valley (Region 2), Central Luzon (Region 3), Calabarzon (Region 4A), and Mimaropa (Region 4B). Monilla said they have received reports that major dams in Luzon have been releasing excess water which may inundate Central Luzon and parts of Metro Manila. “Ang Angat, Ipo, La Mesa, at Wawa dams nagpapakawala ng tubig dahil sa patuloy na pagtaas ng tubig dulot ng ulan na hatid ni Ulysses so baka abutin pa hanggang mamayang hapon o gabi (Angat, Ipo, La Mesa, and Wawa dams were releasing water because of the continuous rain brought about by Ulysses so the [flooding] may persist until afternoon or evening),” he said. .....»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsNov 12th, 2020

Guian, Samar LGU to donate P100,000 worth of dried fish to typhoon ‘Rolly’ victims

TACLOBAN City – The municipality of Guiuan in Eastern Samar, where Supertyphoon “Yolanda” (Haiyan) made its first landfall in the early morning of November 8, 2013, is paying it forward for the generosity it received from all over the world by donating to the victims of Supertyphoon “Rolly.” PHOTO FROM MUNICIPALITY OF GUIAN, EASTERN SAMAR FACEBOOK PAGE/ MANILA BULLETIN At least P100,000 worth of dried fish will be donated by the local government of Guiuan to the Bicol region which is still reeling from “Rolly’s” destruction, and was again battered by Typhoon “Ulysses” on Wednesday. Mayor Annaliza Gonzales-Kwan said it is their way of repaying the love they have received during the aftermath of Haiyan. She recalled that the Bicol Emergency Response team was one of those that helped Guiuan after it was flattened by the strongest typhoon in history. Guiuan is known for its fish and seafood products and marine fisheries development center. After families in the path of the typhoon lost their boats, nets, and tools that are essential to earn a living, and badly affected coral reefs, the government, together with some non-governmental organizations poured in some aid to help the industry get back on its feet. Guiuan, and its neighboring islands which are protected seascape under the NIPAS Act of 1992, is under the management of the Protected Area Management Board (PAMB). With its abundance of fish and other produce, the municipality is supplying not only Eastern Samar but also other areas within and outside Eastern Visayas with its fishery products such as dried danggit and flying fish. .....»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsNov 12th, 2020

Sagip Kapamilya treks to provinces to help typhoon ‘Rolly’ survivors

ABS-CBN Foundation’s Sagip Kapamilya has gone to different provinces hit by Typhoon Rolly to bring comfort to families through food and relief packs. Through the support of donors and partners, 1,000 food packs have been brought to Brgy. Puro and Penaranda in Legazpi, Albay while 533 families received relief bags in Brgy. Gapo in Camalig, Albay. Sagip Kapamilya has also visited Brgy. Travesia in Guinobatan, Albay to distribute food packs to 265 families that evacuated at Travesia Elementary School and to turnover medicine to the Barangay Health Center. One of the survivors in Guinobatan, farmer Solomon Octavo, shared the difficulties they are facing as floodwater and lahar from the Mayon Volcano buried his entire house and farmland. “Magmula noong lumaki ako, ngayon lang ako nakaranas ng ganitong nangyari. Ang sinalba lang namin, buhay namin,” he shared in an interview with ABS-CBN News. (Growing up, I have never experienced anything like this. The only thing we could save was our own lives.) Aside from areas in the Bicol Region including Catanduanes, Sagip Kapamilya has also conducted relief operations in Southern Tagalog, which also suffered tremendous damage due to the typhoon. In Aurora, 494 families were given food packs while 1,990 individuals received hot meals to nourish them while they remained at Dingalan National High School and Mega evacuation centers. Even before the landfall of Rolly, Sagip Kapamilya was already there to provide food to evacuees. It is also bound for Batangas and Oriental Mindoro. As families are expected to stay longer in evacuation centers while they rebuild their homes, more donations are needed to support them. Jen Santos, ABS-CBN Foundation’s director for operations told ABS-CBN News that so far, many have shown interest to help and donate. “Marami talaga ang nagpapaabot (ng donasyon)… marami talaga ang nagpapaabot [at nagsabi] na ‘kami rin, gusto naming tumulong, paano kami makakatulong?” (So many have donated and many said they want to help, asking us how they could provide assistance.) Meanwhile, she said they are also missing the presence of ABS-CBN Regional, which had its last day last August 31 due to the nonrenewal of ABS-CBN’s franchise to broadcast. Santos said that it is usually the staff from the regional stations that are first to respond to affected areas to distribute relief goods......»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsNov 12th, 2020

Rolly leaves 17 dead, 3 missing

Super Typhoon Rolly left at least 17 people dead, scores injured and three missing in Albay and Catanduanes where the storm made landfall on Sunday, the Office of Civil Defense in Bicol reported yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 3rd, 2020

Telcos inatasan ng NTC na magbigay ng libreng tawag, charging sa mga sinalanta ng bagyo

Inatasan ng National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) ang Globe Telecom at Smart Communication na magbigay ng serbisyong libreng tawag at charging ng mobile phone sa mga lugar na sinalanta ng Bagyong Rolly. “In the aftermath of Typhoon Rolly, you are hereby directed to deploy Libreng Tawag and Libreng Charging stations in strategic areas affected by the […] The post Telcos inatasan ng NTC na magbigay ng libreng tawag, charging sa mga sinalanta ng bagyo appeared first on Bandera......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 2nd, 2020