Advertisements


‘Leon’ brings floods in Cebu City

  BY MARTIN A. SADONGDONG     Dozens of people were forced to flee their homes as tropical storm “Leon” dumped heavy rains and caused floods in at least four barangays in Cebu City, officials from the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) reported on Wednesday. Ramil Ayuman, officer-in-charge of the Cebu City […].....»»

Category: newsSource: tempo tempoSep 16th, 2020

Second straight day Talisay City records no new COVID-19 case

CEBU CITY, Philippines — For the second straight day, Talisay City has recorded no new case of the COVID-19. This is the first time in three months that Talisay City recorded no additional cases for two days in a row. This development brings down the number of remaining active cases in the city to 32. […] The post Second straight day Talisay City records no new COVID-19 case appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsAug 18th, 2020

Girl, 4, among 36 new COVID cases in Mandaue City

MANDAUE CITY, Cebu – A four-year-old girl from Barangay Cambaro was among the 36 new cases of the coronavirus disease that were reported in Mandaue City on Friday, July 31. This brings to a total of 1, 834 the city’s COVID-19 cases. However, only 738 of these remain as active cases, said an advisory from […] The post Girl, 4, among 36 new COVID cases in Mandaue City appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsAug 1st, 2020

Mandaue City logs 36 new recoveries, 33 cases on July 18

MANDAUE CITY, Cebu – At least 36 more Mandaue City residents have already recovered from the coronavirus disease. The city’s new recoveries that were listed on Saturday, July 18, all come from the barangays, said an advisory from the City Public Information Office.  This now brings to 625 the city’s total number of case recoveries. […] The post Mandaue City logs 36 new recoveries, 33 cases on July 18 appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 19th, 2020

Mandaue logs 35 new COVID cases on June 28

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Mandaue City is ending Sunday night, June 28,2020 with 35 new cases of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) This brings the city’s tally of COVID-19 cases to 761, with 230 recoveries and 17 deaths.  This was according to the official Facebook page of the Mandaue City Public Information Office. Read: Mandaue City’s […] The post Mandaue logs 35 new COVID cases on June 28 appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 29th, 2020

9 new COVID cases in Talisay for Sunday, June 7

CEBU CITY, Philippines —  Talisay City has logged nine new cases of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) this Sunday, June 7, 2020, Mayor Gerald Anthony Gullas confirmed. The new cases include two from Barangay Tangke, two from San Roque, two from Tabunok and one each in barangays Bulacao, Maghaway, and Lawaan I. This development brings the […] The post 9 new COVID cases in Talisay for Sunday, June 7 appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 7th, 2020

16 recover from COVID-19 in Manduaue City

CEBU CITY, Philippines— Mandaue City recorded 16 recovered cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, June 2, 2020. This brings the total number of recoveries in the city to 32 out of the 281 cases reported so far. Early Tuesday, the city, through the Facebook page of its Public Information Office, announced that they have one new […] The post 16 recover from COVID-19 in Manduaue City appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 2nd, 2020

18 more from Mandaue City Jail test positive for COVID-19

MANDAUE CITY, Cebu – Eighteen new cases of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) were reported in Mandaue City today, May 19, 2020. All of the reported cases came from the male dormitory of the Mandaue City Jail, the City Public Information Office said in a Facebook post tonight. This now brings to a total of […] The post 18 more from Mandaue City Jail test positive for COVID-19 appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 19th, 2020

Thunderstorm warning up in Negros Occ., Siquijor

CEBU CITY, Philippines— The weather bureau has advised communities in low-lying areas, riverbanks and uplands to take precautionary measures against possible flash floods and landslides induced by rains. This after Pagasa Visayas issued a thunderstorm advisory to the provinces of Negros Occidental and Siquijor shortly before 9 p.m. this Sunday, May 10, 2020 due to […] The post Thunderstorm warning up in Negros Occ., Siquijor appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 10th, 2020

COVID-19 recoveries from Lapu-Lapu now at 13

CEBU CITY, Philippines – Lapu-Lapu City has reported two more recoveries from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) infection on Friday, May 8, 2020. This development brings the city’s total number of patients discharged from hospitals after having their health systems cleared of the virus to 13. In Facebook, Lapu-Lapu City’s chief of Disaster Management and […] The post COVID-19 recoveries from Lapu-Lapu now at 13 appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 8th, 2020

Mandaue City Jail logs 60 new COVID-19 cases

MANDAUE CITY, Cebu – Mandaue City recorded 60 new confirmed cases of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) today, May 3, 2020, the highest recorded number of infections in the city in one day. All of the cases come from the Mandaue City Jail that is located in Barangay Looc. This now brings to a total […] The post Mandaue City Jail logs 60 new COVID-19 cases appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 3rd, 2020

Samar patient pushes Region 8 total to 14 COVID-19 cases

MAASIN CITY, Southern Leyte, Philippines – A patient from Catbalogan, Samar has been found positive of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), the Eastern Visayas Department of Health Center for Health Development (CHD), said through a statement released this afternoon, May 3, 2020. The latest addition brings to 14 the number of COVID-19 positive individuals in […] The post Samar patient pushes Region 8 total to 14 COVID-19 cases appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 3rd, 2020

LPA to bring rains but low chance of developing into typhoon – Pagasa

CEBU CITY, Philippines — The state weather bureau has warned residents of risk areas in the Visayas and Mindanao of possible flash floods or landslides due to the rains brought by the Low Pressure Area  (LPA) that is now affecting the regions. In its 5 a.m. forecast on Sunday, May 3, 2020, the Philippine Atmospheric […] The post LPA to bring rains but low chance of developing into typhoon – Pagasa appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 3rd, 2020

9 more repatriated OFWs test positive for COVID-19

CEBU CITY, Philippines – Nine more repatriated Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) in Central Visayas tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). This now brings to a total of 14 the number of virus-infected OFWs who arrived in Cebu on April 28, according to data from the Department of Health in Central Visayas (DOH-7). However, […] The post 9 more repatriated OFWs test positive for COVID-19 appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 2nd, 2020

Eastern Visayas has 6 more COVID-19 cases

MAASIN CITY, Southern Leyte, Philippines – The Eastern Visayas Department of Health Center for Health Development (CHD), announced this afternoon during a virtual presser that six patients were found positive of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).  This brings the number of COVID-19 cases in Region 8 from 7 to 13. Out of 132 samples sent […] The post Eastern Visayas has 6 more COVID-19 cases appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 28th, 2020

COVID-19 in Brgy. Luz’s Zapatera spreads to nearby sitios

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Cebu City Mayor Edgardo Labella on Sunday, April 26, 2020, announced that 40 new coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases were recorded in the city. This development brings the cumulative total confirmed COVID-19 cases in the city to 451. “These positive patients will be transferred to their respective Barangay Isolation Centers as […] The post COVID-19 in Brgy. Luz’s Zapatera spreads to nearby sitios appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 26th, 2020

Cebu City breaches 400 in COVID-19 cases; majority asymptomatic

CEBU CITY, Philippines — The total number of confirmed coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases in Cebu City has breached 400 on Saturday, April 25, 2020. The latest addition were 63 patients from the Cebu City Jail recorded on Saturday. This development brings the total number to 411. But most of the patients infected with the […] The post Cebu City breaches 400 in COVID-19 cases; majority asymptomatic appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 25th, 2020

63 more from Cebu City Jail positive of COVID-19, total now at 209

CEBU CITY, Philippines — There are now 209 prisoners and jail officers of the Cebu City Jail who tested positive of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Cebu City Mayor Edgardo Labella announced on Saturday, April 25, that they found out 63 more from the city jail had been infected with the disease. This development brings […] The post 63 more from Cebu City Jail positive of COVID-19, total now at 209 appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 25th, 2020

Another Lapu employee diagnosed with COVID-19

CEBU CITY, Philippines – Another employee of the Lapu-Lapu City government tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). This now brings to 11 the total number of COVID-19 cases in the city wherein four of the victims were City Hall employees who were involved in the city’s relief operations. Nagiel Bañacia, head of the […] The post Another Lapu employee diagnosed with COVID-19 appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 20th, 2020

Gwen reports 7 new COVID-19 cases in Cebu

CEBU CITY, Philippines – Governor Gwendolyn Garcia announced in a press conference this afternoon, April 18, 2020, the seven new COVID-19 cases that were recorded in Cebu province. This now brings to a total of 179 the confirmed COVID-19 cases here and a total of 187 in the entire Central Visayas. Garcia said three of […] The post Gwen reports 7 new COVID-19 cases in Cebu appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 18th, 2020

Of 19 new coronavirus cases in Central Visayas, 16 from Cebu City

CEBU CITY, Philippines – The Department of Health Central Visayas said Saturday, March 28, that there were 19 new confirmed cases of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the region, with 16 from Cebu City. This brings the total number of coronavirus infections in the region to 22 since testing of persons ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsMar 28th, 2020